We are not alone!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Blulion
One-post wonder

We are not alone!

Post by Blulion »

Hello all,

The hardest thing for me is that I was a sports addict, i watched the games, bought the gear..etc. I want to get off this drug, but i'm having a hard time kicking it..any advice... :x

Also, while perusing the net I found some things you might enjoy:
http://bostoniansnotredsoxorbaseballfans.blogspot.com/
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~wcd/message.htm
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Hi Blulion,
Thanks for the links --that blog is great!

Ray

I Hope We Lose!
ProSportsHater

Re: We are not alone!

Post by ProSportsHater »

Blulion wrote:Hello all,

The hardest thing for me is that I was a sports addict, i watched the games, bought the gear..etc. I want to get off this drug, but i'm having a hard time kicking it..any advice... :x
You don't need any "tricks" for kicking professionnal sports loving : for me it is just "are you conscious or are you not ?". If you are conscious, you will automatically think what is written in the homepage of this website :
Don't misunderstand us -we believe in fitness and staying healthy. There's nothing wrong with a neighborhood softball game or shooting hoops in the driveway. But we think there is something wrong when people base their lives on the outcome of a game. We think there is something wrong when grown men collect baseball cards and are willing to pay for the opportunity to watch other people play and have fun. We think there's something wrong when people think we're unmanly or not a true patriot because we don't follow sports! And we especially think there's something wrong when our favorite show is interrupted for a *&@!^%$#@!! sporting event!!!
Because it sucks !
Ray
Site Admin

Re: We are not alone!

Post by Ray »

ProSportsHater wrote:
Blulion wrote:Hello all,

You don't need any "tricks" for kicking professionnal sports loving : for me it is just "are you conscious or are you not ?". If you are conscious, you will automatically think what is written in the homepage of this website :
Don't misunderstand us -we believe in fitness and staying healthy. There's nothing wrong with a neighborhood softball game or shooting hoops in the driveway. But we think there is something wrong when people base their lives on the outcome of a game. We think there is something wrong when grown men collect baseball cards and are willing to pay for the opportunity to watch other people play and have fun. We think there's something wrong when people think we're unmanly or not a true patriot because we don't follow sports! And we especially think there's something wrong when our favorite show is interrupted for a *&@!^%$#@!! sporting event!!!
RIGHT ON BROTHER!!

I Hope We Lose!