THE FURY! - Science Video Flagged As Inappropriate???

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

THE FURY! - Science Video Flagged As Inappropriate???

Post by Fat Man »

OK, it looks like the cyber bullying goes on and on at YouTube.

Here is a recent science video produced by one who goes by the user name of Thunderf00t who has also produced many science videos on evolution.

THE FURY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KsoVgz8ko
--------------------------------------------------
Uploaded by Thunderf00t on Apr 22, 2011

A 1000 degree fireball roars with a terrifying and seemingly unstoppable rage, but really how much more energy is that consuming than my body.

Turns out being warm blooded (of the ilk of the mammals) is actually a very energetically costly business, consuming about 2000 kcal/day.

-Indeed the calcs. performed here are significantly on the conservative side.
NASA years ago worked out you need about 0.5 kg (1 lb) of oxygen to survive per day (useful number to have if you are going to be putting men in a giant can for about a week!). --You can assume that all 'burns' sugar and get you values from there.
Or sugars burns to give you about 4kcal/g.
According to that the 300 g of sugar in this video would keep you going at a regular metabolism for HALF a day. A few days if you take it easy.

Either way the point is quite clear that merely running the metabolism requires a fearsome amount of energy!

And here is a screen shot I have taken of the video.

OK, this is only a science video on combustion. In the past not only has Thunderf00t created videos on evolution, but also fun videos on scientific experiments that you can do at home.

But for some reason, this video has been flagged as inappropriate and age restricted.

Of course, this is not the only video produced by Thunderf00t that had been flagged, because this has been going on for a few years now. Many of his videos on evolution had been flagged by Christian Fundamentalists, the most notorious one being VenomFangX who had also filed false DMCA claims against the videos.

Check out one of my earlier topics.

3 Years of Cyber-Bullying By Religious Fanatics On YouTube!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4617

And also . . .

Religious Cyber-Bully VenomFangX Back On YouTube Again!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=5379

To see all of the videos made by Thunderf00t you can go to his YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t#g/u

He has also produced many political videos as well as videos on science.

I have been watching his videos for almost 2 years now, and I'm looking forward to seeing more new videos in the future.

That is . . . if all those moronic Christards out there don't keep on in their attempts to have his channel shut down!

I would like to say to all the Christards out there . . .

I just wonder how you all would like it, if those of us who support science videos, if we all got together and flagged every one of your religious videos as inappropriate, and that they should be age restricted.

Yeah! I think that would be a good idea, because brainwashing children, and telling them scary shit about going to Hell and burning for ever is a form of child abuse. When I was a kid going to Sunday school, I was actually subject to mental and emotional abuse.

So, maybe, we ought to flag all of your religious videos! Eh?

But we won't do this, and do you know why?

Because we believe in freedom of speech, even for moronic Christard ignoramuses with shit and a Bible for brains!

Too bad they don't believe in freedom of speech for anyone else but themselves.

Fuck 'em!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Re: THE FURY! - Science Video Flagged As Inappropriate???

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:OK, it looks like the cyber bullying goes on and on at YouTube.

Here is a recent science video produced by one who goes by the user name of Thunderf00t who has also produced many science videos on evolution.

THE FURY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KsoVgz8ko
Uploaded by Thunderf00t on Apr 22, 2011

You've got to freakin' kidding me! I watched the entire video and it was about as inoffensive as they come! I think you're right about someone (or some group) having a personal agenda against the maker of the video. :(
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I hate people on YouTube who flag videos just because they contradict with their original viewpoints. I mean seriously, it's just a place for people to show videos and share them, provided they don't break the law, and I'd hardly say science films like this one broke the law. You're right, some people use the website to pursue vendettas against others, and the fact that YouTube has actually sided with them and put an age restriction on the video is even worse. You do get a load of bloody muppets on that website, and I'm talking about more than just some crap grammar and spelling here...

By the way, Fat Man, I recently checked out your YouTube channel and looked at that video of Don McLeroy, the guy who's in charge of selecting textbooks in your state. He looked a complete tool, if you want my opinion. Didn't make any convincing arguments in his screen time, and just seemed to be using his position to impose his personal beliefs upon other people. I found the captions you put over the video hilarious...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

i_like_1981 wrote: By the way, Fat Man, I recently checked out your YouTube channel and looked at that video of Don McLeroy, the guy who's in charge of selecting textbooks in your state. He looked a complete tool, if you want my opinion. Didn't make any convincing arguments in his screen time, and just seemed to be using his position to impose his personal beliefs upon other people. I found the captions you put over the video hilarious...
Hello 1981!

I'm not sure of exact statistics here (I tried doing a Web search, but it seemed difficult to get a consensus due to differing views of what "creation" meant) , but I think a sizable portion of Christians aren't creationists. I had a biology teacher in college who was an elder of his church (Methodist) and also taught evolution in his classes. He stated when asked that neither he nor his congregation had any problem accepting his teaching of evolution and also holding Christian beliefs. To him, he had no problem accepting that God created the universe, but that evolution was the mechanics of how God chose to bring about different life forms.

One thing I have noticed over the years, among scientists, is that almost no scientist in biology-related fields (zoology, botany, medicine) accepts creationism, even if they have personal religious beliefs. Scientists who do adhere to creationism (or "intelligent design theory", the latest code-word for creationism) tend to be in the technological or engineering fields. My best explanation for that is that since they "create" things like machines and programs, it's easier for them to accept that the earth and all its life forms were also created by a god/"intelligent designer".

Again, I wish I had some statistics to confirm or deny these ideas -- if anyone has any figures on it, I'd be appreciative of knowing them! :)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I don't mind the idea of creationism being taught in schools, but it does not belong in a science curriculum. Over here in Britain we have Religious Studies as part of the compulsory curriculum nowadays which teaches students not only about Christianity and other world faiths, but also about moral decisions and such issues. I don't know if compulsory religious education happens over in America but it is the case over here, and that is where I think creationism should remain. It should not be part of a scientific course as science is a subject of facts and evidence, not beliefs. I suppose the issue is harder to negotiate when it comes to including both creationism and evolution in the curriculum if you don't have religious studies lessons on the timetable, but regardless, evolution and creationism are two conflicting theories and therefore don't belong in the same subject.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.