Trying to re-install Vista on my Asus Laptop

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Indurrago

Trying to re-install Vista on my Asus Laptop

Post by Indurrago »

Today my Asus U81 wouldn't boot up at all even on safe mode so I removed my entire hard-drive using my recovery disk. I'm assuming I have to re-install vista now that my hard-drive is gone but exactly how do I do that?

http://asusg1s.wikidot.com/tips-and-tricks
How to Use Asus G1S Vista Recovery Partition

So, you have messed your computer and now you need to re-install Vista. Don't worry, you can re-install Vista from the hard disk's recovery partition as follows:

1. Reboot your G1S and press F9 when you see the boot splash screen
2. From the "Windows Boot Manager" select "Microsoft Windows Vista" and press ENTER to proceed
3. Wait until system has finished the recovery process - this will take some time, so be patient and don't touch anything :)
Been trying to get to the "Windows Boot Manager" but F9 doesn't do anything.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D