Sports Coverage

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
abitagirl

Sports Coverage

Post by abitagirl »

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on here before, but I feel like ranting a bit. Last night, the local NBA team, the Hornets, lost and apparently the season is over for them (HA HA HA!). It was the top story on the news last night, taking precedence over a missing boater and other more newsworthy stories. This morning, the game made huge headlines in not only the sports section, but also on the FRONT PAGE OF THE PAPER. Can we say overkill? Did we really need two separate major articles about the game, one making front-page headlines? Why can't these things just be confined to the sports section? Since when is a basketball game front-page news? :evil:

On another note, why does the idiot media always describe a loss as "heartbreaking"? Disappointing, maybe, but heartbreaking? Anybody who is literally heartbroken over the loss of a game seriously needs to reexamine his life.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Sports Coverage

Post by Ray »

I agree 100%. Who decided that THAT is news? Who thinks that that is of interest to the general population?? I bet if they took a poll, they'd find that there isn't enough interest to even justify a sports section in the paper! Much less a headline!

I would suggest that maybe they ran that "heartbreaking" story just because they didn't have any other news to report. You can always tell when there's no real news when they fill in the time with stories about HOW TO GET THE BEST VALUE ON YOUR MAKEUP PURCHASES or WHAT ARE THOSE PHONE BILL FEES REALLY FOR? But in this case, the timing makes me think they actually thought it was news. I was trying to give them a break but I guess they really don't have a clue about what the pubic really wants.

The only silver lining in this cloud is... the home team lost!!!! :)

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

We're the only people in the world who are happy when a team loses! :D

But come on, now... keep sports in the sports section and nowhere near the real news section.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Ha! Yeah, that is true. We may say we don't care about the outcome of the games, but maybe we do, sort of. :wink:

What sucks is, unlike the football team, the basketball team used to be easy enough to ignore because it didn't seem to hold the same level of interest by the city, until this season when a bunch of mental defectives started going on about how everybody needs to go to the games and "support the team," and we need to consider them just as wonderful as the football team. This led to a bunch of sheeple going, "Gee, I just realized I really do love this team! I never cared much before, but I'm suddenly interested! Funny, huh?", as though they had been hypnotized or something (Hmmmm...). So now I get to have both the football AND basketball teams shoved down my throat. :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

I remember in my social classes they would always make us read the newspaper and write stuff about something we read and while the 'playoffs' or whatever were happening, everyday on the front page was something about how amazing the team played. When the team lost and was out of the playoff things, not even a mention on how they sucked, then we got to find out the real news. They never had enough papers for the class though so If you arrived late you were left the 'scraps' that no one wanted to read, anytime I ran late I was always stuck with the sports sections! I wanted to write about the pointless and idiocy of sports, but since my teacher was the couch of one of the teams at the school, I felt it was not a good thing for my grades...
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!