OK, Everybody! Let Us ALL Stop Responding To SPAM Posts!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

OK, Everybody! Let Us ALL Stop Responding To SPAM Posts!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening everybody:

I would like to make a suggestion . . .

. . . that we ALL stop responding to SPAM posts on our forums.

When I say ALL, I include myself as well, because I too have been guilty of it as well.

So, as of now, I am not going to respond to SPAM posts anymore, and I hope you all do the same.

It's time to boycott SPAM, and wait for the moderators to delete their fucking bullshit!!!

Of course, it's really not my place to tell anybody here what to do, or not do, that is up to the board moderators.

I'm merely making a suggestion. OK?

Yes, I understand it's hard to resist posting a humorous comment to make fun of these idiots, and I have also done the same, and as a result, some of the posts that originally started out as SPAM have become full blown topics, so, I'm just as guilty.

But, I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm not going to respond to SPAM anymore!

The reason why I'm suggesting this, is because our topics covering more important issues, such as political issues, educational issues, or really important social issues, these topics get pushed further and further down toward the bottom of the page, while all the silliness remains at the top.

Many of my topics on Evolution, and topics on really important educational and political issues get pushed down, and some of my topics get no responses as a result, and I'm getting sick and tired of it!!!

This is just another form of censorship, because all the topics on more important issues gets buried under all the sewage and sludge from the spammers, who think that they're are going to get rich by posting links to web sites advertising pharmaceutical products or whatnot.

I have also noticed that the majority of topics that have been hit by spammers have been my past topics on politics or Evolution, and I believe that it's a deliberate attempt to disrupt the flow of conversation on some of these topics.

I feel like some of my topics are being singled out by these unknown spammers, and it's really starting to give me the creeps!

I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid. OK?

But I have a theory as to who might be sponsoring these spammers.

I believe that it's not just pharmaceutical companies, or whatever, but mostly right-wing political and religious extremists, and professional sports organizations (in the guise of pharmaceutical companies) in an attempt to disrupt our forum topics and to disrupt the flow of conversation.

It's just another subtle way of shutting us up!

They lack the technical knowledge of how to hack in and take down a web site forum, so they settle for the next best thing, and that is, to SPAM forum topics, and quite often, I have wanted to respond to somebody in a topic, but that topic had been hit with over 10 copies of the same SPAM post, so I have had to wait until the SPAM has been deleted before I can respond to someone, and I'm sure you all have experienced the same.

That's how it works. If you can't take down a forum, then hit it as hard as you can with SPAM, and disrupt their topics and the flow of conversation so the forum members can't respond to one another.

And it works, because who wants to have to scroll down through 10 or more copies of some SPAM to post a response to someone in a topic? Eh?

I should know, because there have been many evenings when I had wanted to post a response to someone, but I had to wait many hours before the SPAM was cleared away, and because of this, there has been much that I had wanted to say, but it had remained unsaid.

Yeah! A good way to shut us up!!!

SPAM is a form of censorship!

Any company, or organization who sponsors these spammers with promises of payments, they should have federal charges filed against them and hit with heavy fines, and have their companies shut down, and the owners should get 20 years in the federal penitentiary.

That of course would spell the end of the NFL, the NBA, all the professional sports organizations, all these right-wing political organizations, and right-wing religious groups, like Pat Robertson's 700 Club, because I'm sure they are the ones who are sponsoring these spammers for the sole purpose of disrupting any web site forum where anybody (like myself for example) who happens to disagree with them.

Yeah, these spammers know that they will get banned and their SPAM eventually gets deleted, but, they really don't care, as long as they can disrupt the flow of conversation on a forum, then they will have done what they had set out to accomplish.

These spammers have a sort of kamikaze mentality, meaning that they register to get onto a forum, knowing full well that they will get banned the same day, but really not caring, as long as they can disrupt the forum topics, because they know, there will be more spammers coming along to replace them.

They're like cockroaches!!!

This, of course, is only a theory of mine, I don't have proof, but to me it makes perfect sense.

Anyway . . . . . . .

Once again, I'm asking that we ALL, including myself, that we ALL, stop responding to these idiots and just ignore them, because responding to them only encourages them.

Let's wait for the moderators to delete their shit so we can continue on with our conversations.

OK?

Let us boycott SPAM!

Let us never respond to these spammers ever again!

I'm begging, pretty, pretty, please!

I'm begging, down on my fat dimpled knees!

OK?

Thank you

Fat Man
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Re: OK, Everybody! Let Us ALL Stop Responding To SPAM Posts!

Post by i_like_1981 »

All right, then, this is my unconditional promise to never respond to another spam post again. You're right, it can be fun to respond to these idiots who evidently haven't had much practice in English before attempting to make their sales, but the spam threads are getting too high in number now and it's losing its novelty to reply to them. Though I guess some of us here just enjoy building up our post counts. That being said, I'm done with it now. But I can't speak for everyone else here...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Looks like it's been deleted by now, but I found it ironic that a thread about not responding to spam was itself spammed! :x

I can agree to being done responding to them -- I agree with 1981 that there's too much of an "infestation" of them now.

Earl -- I'll just have to find another outlet for my brand of humor you seem, for some odd reason, to enjoy! :lol:
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:SPAM is a form of censorship!
Spam is what happens when the wrong people get their hands on a computer. Spam is what happens when these failed Internet salesmen who take their crap onto the web in a hope of getting more success there get disappointed even more, and have to resort to raiding random forums with this crap in a lacklustre attempt to gain more customers. Yes, a useful tip for budding businessmen - if your product isn't getting enough attention, go and force it upon a random group of people you find on the internet and flood their forum with your ads. Makes perfect sense. :|

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I noticed that the "holiday photos" thread has been deleted now. Shame, really, that was quite an amusing one. But now we have made a deal, it's about time we started living up to it. There are way too many spammers on this forum now and they're just getting boring. Every time I see a spammer having a piss-poor attempt at sounding like a genuine new member, I just want to stick my hands through the computer screen, have them come out the spammer's computer screen and strangle them. That being said, in the interest of preserving the many great post counts of this website and robbing the forum of some good jokes that have been cracked at the spammers' expenses, I propose that no more old threads which we've responded to are deleted, just the new ones. Sound a good idea?

Best regards,
i_like_1981