sports

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fitz301

Re: sports

Post by Fitz301 »

mikejones wrote:Hold guys... I'll have a great derogatory remarks coming in a bit... I was traveling. I expect those of you who aren't couch potatoes will understand. Is that any of you?
oooh, you promise? We're on the edge of our seats here, teach us o' great and powerful sports god. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

Fitz301 wrote:
mikejones wrote:Hold guys... I'll have a great derogatory remarks coming in a bit... I was traveling. I expect those of you who aren't couch potatoes will understand. Is that any of you?
oooh, you promise? We're on the edge of our seats here, teach us o' great and powerful sports god. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just give him a bit. He has to go catch that last game or whatever then go get his dictionary and thesaurus so he can prove how 'smart' he is...
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
mikejones
Sports Bore

Post by mikejones »

I was hoping that after a little hiatus the defamatory remarks would be much betterâ?¦ This is terrible. â??Heâ??s saving the worldâ??, â??youâ??re the only couch potatoâ??. Come on guys. The level of your competitive fire is there, how ever low it is, whether you like to admit it or not.

My original intent was to try to comprehend why you hate sports, I can understand ambivalenceâ?¦ This just seems like a bunch of commiserating fools rapping about the same nonsense and little action. (Possible courses are way outside the parameters of this spiel)

Whether you like to admit it, Iâ??m the biggest hit this chat room has seen since the apparent last stereotypical jock came on and called you all flamers. Wonder why he did that? Your responses are atrocious, they warrant no response and for what its worth, not even one of you recognized your hypocritical retaliationsâ?¦ Iâ??m just the stereotypical jock, blah, blah, blah.

I would think that with the time you all dedicate to such a ludicrous belief that maybe one of you would spit out a fact or statistic, however asinine. I was wrong; you all are not the stereotypical nerds. Their arguments are pointed and concise. You all must have some prize for the worst rebuttals or something.

Competing is not compensating, and not competing isnâ??t as bad spiteful remarks aimed at the progenitors of American past times. This is a market capitalist society built on competition, sports is merely the best embodiment of pure competition based on fair play practices. Have you all ever heard of anti-trust laws? You may not like it but we are all competitors and sports are just the best-televised way to show it. Iâ??m sure you all watch stocks and bonds rise and fall in correlation to potential earnings that they are competing for with other companies.

If you like it or not, Iâ??m just better at competing. E.g. I SLAM HOTTER CHICKS.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

mikejones wrote:My original intent was to try to comprehend why you hate sports
Simple answer. Why I hate sports: People like you. Hard to understand? I'll shorten it. Why I hate sports: You. If my other posts havn't made this clear before, it's damn clear now.

I really have nothing more to say, we have all presented our arguements, and even though you seem to enjoy denying what we say. Maybe you don't understand what we're getting at. Whatever, I don't care. Deny deny deny, ignorance is bliss, keep saying it.

Just one more thing....
mikejones wrote:If you like it or not, Iâ??m just better at competing. E.g. I SLAM HOTTER CHICKS.
yeah... we're not presenting arguements, but the jackass who says he 'slams hotter chicks' is making such a relavent point! Whatever, keep saying all the crap you want...
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Someone needs to get over themselves. What an arrogant prick.
Why is it all sports fags think they're better than everyone else?
And why is it the first things out of their mouths is how many "chicks" they supposedly had sex with? Of which they have no proof. As if we would care if they did.

This isn't a gay club, sorry locker room, so you're little "stories" (and they are just stories), mean absolutely nothing here.
Why is it so important to these sports fags that we don't like sports, why is it their business anyway?

It takes more hot air to blow your own horn. Those who brag the loudest usually have less to actually brag about.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Heh, anyone wanna make bets how long he's gonna stay here and entertain us? mikejones, perhaps you are the biggest hit as you say but in the end you only strengthen our beliefs and our resolve never to become sports-obsessed like you. :lol: If you're trying to accomplish something here than you might as well give up, we put up with people like you all our lives, and you think we can't handle you here? If not than you're sadly mistaken, but feel free to continue on if that gives comfort to your ego. Heh, but we bite back twice as hard.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Jay O'c
Sports Bore

Post by Jay O'c »

I've spent some time reading over everyone's diligent responses and I've noticed some thing. None of them are dilligent at all. I won't point any fingers yet because I'm new here, but I'd like to point out that I've yet to read a valid reason for why sports suck.

Not one person has written a response with a reason that has turned the light bulb on in my head. I even browsed your website for a while to look for one, and all I found were pictures of dogs and a fake athletics test for college athletes...which I have a lot more information about then any of you do, because I actually took that test.

Anyway, I am intrigued by Mike Jone's arguments because of the competition he has stirred up in this forum. Everyone arguing with this guy has fueled him to continue to write and keep you non-sports advocates from sleeping at night in your race car beds. But this is good, because maybe some of you will see that this competition is healthy, and is actually the same type of competition as that found on a sports field or in a rink.

My point is, somebody needs to write something educated other then Mike Jones, or I will not be satisfied with this argument that sports suck, and provide nothing for society. And as for that college aptitude test for athletes, it is administered by the NCAA, and looks nothing like that. It is a 100 question test that tests three areas: writing, mathematics, and the english language. Maybe before any of you bash the test, or attempt to write something worth reading on this forum, you should take it and see how you score. Because I know a whole lot of athletes, including myself, who show much more intellect when writing or speaking of such a contorversial topic. Sit on that one for a while.
TheSmoke

Post by TheSmoke »

Jay O'c wrote:My point is, somebody needs to write something educated
Jay O'c wrote:contorversial
(he can't even spell controversial! LOL!!)
mikejones
Sports Bore

Post by mikejones »

Thank the hockey hater for eliminating ironic humorâ?¦ You really are a simpleton.

Iâ??m definitely arrogant to a flawâ?¦ Better than being a dripping wet pansy. That doesnâ??t even refer back to your lack of competitive necessity, but more how soft your responses are. I canâ??t throw virtual punchesâ?¦ Come on guys, youâ??re all better than this. Some of you need life coaches, actually all of you.

Why is it important? Great question, about time. Despite my arrogance, I have a very altruistic personality and when Iâ??m not enriching my life personally I like to take time out and help the less fortunate conquer their problemsâ?¦ Before you guys I cured an autistic child (Chromosome disjunction is tough stuff) â?¦ Somehow you poultry few are proving much tougher.

And seriously Jay Oâ??c had some decent points, and you respond by pointing out a spelling error. Really, concede your argument and pick up a rainbow pin, I know what you are...
You must just be a pawn, a sacrificial lamb so your King (in your case probably queen) can castle safely. Well, I got news for you I donâ??t mate queers.
The last part was kind of a joke, but I really do think that is HILARIOUS.

And stop with the smiley faces and shitâ?¦ Creeps me out how soft that is. Articulateâ?¦ BITCHES.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

OH WHAT EVER!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Wow, so not only do you have an awesome physique and a genius IQ, you can perform miracle cures? Can you also walk on water? Turn water into wine?

I don't really see why we need to explain ourselves here. Not everybody likes sports. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with us. Where is it written everybody has to like sports?
Last edited by abitagirl on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Why we hate sports, well atleast why I hate sports. Plain and simple. I'll make sure that you can no longer deny that we havn't told you...

One of my main reasons. I am sick of trying to do something rather important, perhaps studying, doing homework, or anything else and instead of being able to concentrate all I hear from upstairs, or my neighbors is people screaming at their televisions and being insanly loud just because 'their' team scored a point. I'm sorry but I have a hard time concentrating when people in the same house, or next door are screaming "GO GO GO! GOALLLL!!!" so loud that I can't think! I currently live with 3 sports fans who watch the 'big game' upstairs and scream and yell and stomp their feet depending on whats happening. It's annoying, and distracting.

Another big reason is people like you. When you come on here calling us 'gay, wimps, nerds' it's more annoying than anything. You have no proof that we are 'gay' or anything else you call us, you just make these assumptions. Yes we hate sports, deal with it, leave us alone to rant about it in peace. I call you jackasses if your being jackasses... I try not to make assumptions and call you gay or something that I do not know if it is true or not. Alot of the sports haters on this site will call you things like that, but I am rather alright with it since you were the first ones to come on and starting throwing the words around.

Another good reason. I frankly think they are boring as all hell. I would much rather people go out and play some sports then watch other people do it on tv. I find it more boring then soap operas. Sure people should be able to watch what they want, no matter how boring, maybe if they could watch it and be quiet it wouldn't be so bad. Then again when the listings tells me that a show I want to watch is on and I flick to it and its golf or basketball, it really bugs me. They are paid an insane amount of money to do the most pointless things. Also, I do not think sports promote sportsmanship or teamwork. Stuff that happens almost all the time are fights, in the crowd or with the teams, or people using steroids. People will kill each other because they live in different places and cheer for different teams! No, not everyone does, but a majority of them do.

More reasons? Sure I'll keep going... School. The jocks are treated like GODS! Not just by other students, I could handle that, but by some teachers! I've encountered teachers that would break their backs to help the jocks get better grades so they can play in the 'big game' but the other students were not as important to them. I am mad at the teachers for this kind of thing, but I'm more mad at sports. University/College. I really don't think that sports and education should be mixed at all. I think it should be a place of intelligence, and not games. I don't think its right that you can get into a higher learning institute because you can play a sport well. It's just my opinion.

Now if you still insist on replying and making your opinion heard, I have a favor to ask. Please can you use some logic in your replys? No 'your gay', no 'you just wish you could play sports', please no assumptions on stuff you don't know is true. If you want to reply with your opinions that really don't matter to us, cause there is nothing you can say to change our opinions, can at least make some sense? Oh, and mikejones, please nothing about 'banging hot 17 year old chicks' it has nothing to do with anything. No matter if you think it does...

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

My reasons are pretty much the same as CHH's.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater wrote:Another big reason is people like you. When you come on here calling us 'gay, wimps, nerds' it's more annoying than anything. You have no proof that we are 'gay' or anything else you call us, you just make these assumptions. Yes we hate sports, deal with it, leave us alone to rant about it in peace. I call you jackasses if your being jackasses... I try not to make assumptions and call you gay or something that I do not know if it is true or not. Alot of the sports haters on this site will call you things like that, but I am rather alright with it since you were the first ones to come on and starting throwing the words around.

Exactly. If you start throwing insults around, we'll respond in kind. There was actually a civil sports fan here who asked the same questions you are, but without calling us 'gay nerds'. He was nice about it and so we reciprocated. How about you try it? We'll change our tone if you do.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Jay O'c
Sports Bore

Post by Jay O'c »

Canadian_Hockey_Hater wrote:
One of my main reasons. I am sick of trying to do something rather important, perhaps studying, doing homework, or anything else and instead of being able to concentrate all I hear from upstairs, or my neighbors is people screaming at their televisions and being insanly loud just because 'their' team scored a point. I'm sorry but I have a hard time concentrating when people in the same house, or next door are screaming "GO GO GO! GOALLLL!!!" so loud that I can't think! I currently live with 3 sports fans who watch the 'big game' upstairs and scream and yell and stomp their feet depending on whats happening. It's annoying, and distracting.

Another big reason is people like you. When you come on here calling us 'gay, wimps, nerds' it's more annoying than anything. You have no proof that we are 'gay' or anything else you call us, you just make these assumptions. Yes we hate sports, deal with it, leave us alone to rant about it in peace. I call you jackasses if your being jackasses... I try not to make assumptions and call you gay or something that I do not know if it is true or not. Alot of the sports haters on this site will call you things like that, but I am rather alright with it since you were the first ones to come on and starting throwing the words around.

Another good reason. I frankly think they are boring as all hell. I would much rather people go out and play some sports then watch other people do it on tv. I find it more boring then soap operas. Sure people should be able to watch what they want, no matter how boring, maybe if they could watch it and be quiet it wouldn't be so bad. Then again when the listings tells me that a show I want to watch is on and I flick to it and its golf or basketball, it really bugs me. They are paid an insane amount of money to do the most pointless things. Also, I do not think sports promote sportsmanship or teamwork. Stuff that happens almost all the time are fights, in the crowd or with the teams, or people using steroids. People will kill each other because they live in different places and cheer for different teams! No, not everyone does, but a majority of them do.

More reasons? Sure I'll keep going... School. The jocks are treated like GODS! Not just by other students, I could handle that, but by some teachers! I've encountered teachers that would break their backs to help the jocks get better grades so they can play in the 'big game' but the other students were not as important to them. I am mad at the teachers for this kind of thing, but I'm more mad at sports. University/College. I really don't think that sports and education should be mixed at all. I think it should be a place of intelligence, and not games. I don't think its right that you can get into a higher learning institute because you can play a sport well. It's just my opinion.

Now if you still insist on replying and making your opinion heard, I have a favor to ask. Please can you use some logic in your replys? No 'your gay', no 'you just wish you could play sports', please no assumptions on stuff you don't know is true. If you want to reply with your opinions that really don't matter to us, cause there is nothing you can say to change our opinions, can at least make some sense? Oh, and mikejones, please nothing about 'banging hot 17 year old chicks' it has nothing to do with anything. No matter if you think it does...
Ok, lets analyze some of these "reasons"
The first one is worthless because thats a personal vendetta you need to take up with your neighbors. Its not my fault, or any other athletes fault that you live next to some losers, but I guess you guys stick together anyway.

The second reason is worthless because you wouldn't be called 'gay nerds' if we didnt get called 'stupid jocks'. The assumptions made are completely spurious because I'm neither a jock, or stupid. I may even venture to say I'm more educated then all of you, and one reason for that is sports, which helped guide me in the right direction away from downfalls like poor health or drugs. Sports have become an icon in this world, mostly because of the competition and friendships that it causes, which is completely healthy. And when people spend their days thinking of reasons why something that keeps people in shape and strong not only physically, but intellectually, it seems weird to the people out there who see nothing wrong with what they're doing.

The third reason is worthless because if you think that sports are boring, that is your personal opinion. Opinions mean shit in arguments because there is no fact behind them except the word of whoever is saying it. And I don't know, nor do I care to get to know any of you, because I think you all have problems bigger then sports, and thats my personal opinion.

The fourth reason is worthless because the 'jocks' are treated well because people like sports. Plain and simple...if a majority of people didn't enjoy sports, then they wouldn't be treated that way. Why is that so hard to understand?

So I won't sit here and call any of you gay, or nerds, or anything, because I don't need to call you that. But if you try to argue with me with worthless arguments like Canadien Hockey Hater did, I will find flaws in your arguments and expose them for everyone to read, and hopefully prove to some of you that you're wasting your time with this hatred for sports. Its not a popularity contest, its not a way to get chicks, its not a way to get treated like Gods...its simply a way to enjoy yourself and keep in shape and potentially live longer by staying healthy. So excuse me, I need to get off my ass and stop typing so I can go whoop some ass in some sweet sports.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

You asked why we hated sports. That is why. Yes they are my opinions but that is why I hate sports! Don't ask a question for reasons why we hate sports if you don't want our opinions on it.

Of all the cases on this site that I have seen it has always been the sports fan to come on here and start slinging the insults first. All of them. If there were any who came on without screamings stuff at us I havn't seen it.

I have lived in quite a few places with different neighbors and almost all of the time I have to listen to them screaming. I have heard entire neighborhoods screaming when the city team scored. Yeah my opinion, my personal vendetta, but that is why I hate sports! It's mostly my opinions that contribute to why I hate sports.

I hate sports, I am in good health, I exercise, I don't do drugs and I do not drink. I do all of this without being a fan of sports. I don't feel the need for professional sports in anyway, again, an opinion. Also an opinion is I don't think it's fair that just because the majority of people like something, that the people involved in that something should get treated better. But what is Fact, is that they still do get treated better.

I can stay in shape and enjoy myself without being a fan of watching other people on tv staying in shape and enjoying themselves.