Playoffs 2011

Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
Stardust

Playoffs 2011

Post by Stardust »

Ohhh, when will my torture end? The Boston Bruins have kept winning this year and are now in the finals..It is pure madness up here..This is exactly why I don't like sports anymore..Come on people it's only a game!! Some people think they will die if the Bruins lose the finals to Vancouver.. But that's what I'm hoping for..I don't want to have to go thru the madness that will happen around here if the Bruins win it all..
Safety
Sportsman

Re: Playoffs 2011

Post by Safety »

Psh, I wish I lived in Boston. Their teams hardly have bad seasons, especially when compared to Ohio teams! They're winning 4-0 as right this moment. But the Bruins being successful are better than the Celtics, Patriots, or Red Sox winning their league's respective championship. Hockey is a distant fourth when grouped when the other three major sports in America. So, regardless of whether or not they win or lose, the talk will probably die down soon enough.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Stardust wrote:
It is pure madness up here

Some people think they will die if the Bruins lose the finals

the madness that will happen around here if the Bruins win it all
Hi Stardust. Even though I have no idea who those teams are that you mentioned, I totally understand what you are talking about.

The language of sports hating is truly universal!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

I thought hockey season ended ages ago. Although come to think of it, I don't even know when it is. Yeah, it sucks when the home team wins some championship or even just makes it to the playoffs. It's all anybody talks about, all you hear about. How can people allow themselves to be so incredibly caught up in that crap, and why is that seen as normal?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Stardust

Post by Stardust »

Madness, that's what the past few days for have been like for me..With Bruins winning the cup, I can't going anywhere without hearing about it..But now, hopefully, things will die down soon.. They had their parade in Boston today.. I didn't turn on my tv at all.. I had better things to do.. Spent the day outside in the sunshine in my yard and making my garden a little bigger.. Things are looking good..