Hey! Please Come Back I_like_1981 We All Miss You!!!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Hey! Please Come Back I_like_1981 We All Miss You!!!

Post by Fat Man »

Well, it has been a whole month since I_like_1981 has posted anything here in our forums.

His last visit was on Sunday, June 05, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

I'm worried about him.

I hope he's OK!

Hey! I_like_1981, please come back!!!

I'm begging down on my fat dimpled knees!

Please come back!

We all miss you!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Agent 47

Re: Hey! Please Come Back I_like_1981 We All Miss You!!!

Post by Agent 47 »

Yes, hopefully i_like_1981 is OK.

Hey 1981, there is a way that you could remain at 1981 posts, AND STILL KEEP POSTING you know...

You could just close off your i_like_1981 account, and join up again under a slightly different username, and start posting again.

The username change would only have to be very slight - maybe you would only have to capitalise the "i," and the "l" in your username, or if that didn't work, then maybe just replace the underscores with blank spaces, or dashes?

And then of course, your new mission would be to reach 1981 posts with THAT account...
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:Well, it has been a whole month since I_like_1981 has posted anything here in our forums.

His last visit was on Sunday, June 05, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

I'm worried about him.

I hope he's OK!
I sent I_like_1981 a PM plus a standard email a few days ago (just a general note to say hello and that people missed him here and let us know if he's OK), but have yet to hear anything back from him. I know he had posted about cutting back some in his posting, but he didn't give any indication (that I could see) that he was planning to leave for good, plus he didn't seem like the kind of guy who would just bail without any explanation to anyone. :(

Hopefully someone here will hear from him soon, even if he doesn't post to the forum!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:I'm worried about him.

I hope he's OK!
I'm worried about him, too. It seems out of character for him to stop posting without letting us know of his intentions. If he had planned to go on a long vacation or an out-of-town business trip, I think he would have told us. Even if he had come to feel that posting in this forum was pointless, I think he would have let us know. I hope something bad hasn't happened to him. He would be really missed by us. I've always enjoyed reading his posts, and Mrs. Earl has always enjoyed hearing me read them to her.
Agent 47 wrote:Yes, hopefully i_like_1981 is OK.

Hey 1981, there is a way that you could remain at 1981 posts, AND STILL KEEP POSTING you know...

You could just close off your i_like_1981 account, and join up again under a slightly different username, and start posting again.

The username change would only have to be very slight - maybe you would only have to capitalise the "i," and the "l" in your username, or if that didn't work, then maybe just replace the underscores with blank spaces, or dashes?

And then of course, your new mission would be to reach 1981 posts with THAT account...
Excellent idea, Agent 47! :) The thought did occur to me that he might not want to post again after his 1981st post, although I think he would have let one of us know by means of PM. I've received no PM from him; and, apparently, no one else has, either. Agent 47, I passed along your idea to '81 in an e-mail that I sent to him earlier this afternoon. I'm not convinced, though, that this is the reason why he's stopped posting. Like I said, I'm worried.
ChrisOH wrote:I sent I_like_1981 a PM plus a standard email a few days ago (just a general note to say hello and that people missed him here and let us know if he's OK), but have yet to hear anything back from him.
If you haven't done so already, I would suggest each one of us send him an e-mail. If any of you don't know his e-mail address, I would be glad to tell you in a PM. Otherwise, as you already know, you can use the e-mail function provided in the forum.
ChrisOH wrote:I know he had posted about cutting back some in his posting, but he didn't give any indication (that I could see) that he was planning to leave for good, plus he didn't seem like the kind of guy who would just bail without any explanation to anyone. :(
... which is precisely why I'm worried about him, as I indicated above.
ChrisOH wrote:Hopefully someone here will hear from him soon, even if he doesn't post to the forum!
If I receive an e-mail or PM from him, I'll be sure to let you all know.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

Good news! He's okay!

Earlier this morning I received an e-mail from i_like_1981 in response to an e-mail that I sent to him the day before. He says that nothing bad has happened. He had decided to stop posting. I want to emphasize at this point that he is not upset with any of the currently active members of the forum. I want to keep his e-mail message private, but I will say that he felt that he was not contributing much to the forum. Of course, in my e-mail response to him, I disagreed and urged him to resume posting as a valued member of this forum. I hope that he'll change his mind. Even if he doesn't, he and I will remain friends. Hey, I think most of us get tired of board messaging every now and then. I recently felt like quitting as a moderator since I felt like it was pointless. Anyway, nothing bad has happened to i_like_1981. Whether he resumes posting or not is his decision. I will respect his decision, whatever he chooses to do.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Well, it's good to know he's alright. Although if only he returned to the forum, his idea that he wasn't contributing to the forum is definitely untrue. His lack of presence has definitely been noticed and this forum would be much better with him here. I hope he changes his mind eventually.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Thanks for letting us know, Earl. Glad to hear that 1981 is OK, and I hope he comes back one day when he is ready.
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Earl

Post by Earl »

You're welcome. :) I hope he comes back, too.

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Earl wrote:Good news! He's okay!
That's great to hear! :)

I now, though, have a vision of I_like_1981 appearing on the Carol Burnett show in a life raft, shouting "I'm OK! I"m OK!" :D

(anyone who watched M*A*S*H* on TV during the Colonel Henry Blake era hopefully will understand...) :wink:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I'm so glad I_like_1981 is OK.

I was really worried that something might have happened to him, because it's a dangerous world out there for those of us who hate sports, or even merely not interested in sports.

The USA is also becoming a dangerous place for people who like science, and our Republican party is becoming a dangerous threat to the middle class, the poor, the elderly, and the handicapped.

It's a party ultra-conservative, Bible thumping, sports loving, science hating, rich, middle aged white males, and to fucking Hell with the rest us.

Anyway . . . . .

I hope I_like_1981 returns one of these days.

He only has 19 more posts to go before he becomes a member of the 2000 Club.

In another month or so, I'll be the founding father of the 3000 Club.

Hey! I_like_1981, please come back at least once in a while. OK?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:
I hope I_like_1981 returns one of these days.

He only has 19 more posts to go before he becomes a member of the 2000 Club.

In another month or so, I'll be the founding father of the 3000 Club.
Hey, I like the sound of that a lot better than the "700 Club"! :twisted:
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

It's too bad he's gone because all of a sudden I'm seeing a bunch of "news" about the World Cup, and I want to ask him what the heck is going on because I didn't think it was a yearly thing. Skul? Anybody?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

It's supposed to be every four years. What the hell? I haven't heard anything about it, but I haven't been watching the news lately. I dunno.

EDIT: 777 posts! :P
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

The World Cup that's been in the news lately is the Women's World Cup, which apparently is held the year after the men's World Cup.

The US team lost the final game to Japan, which touched off a few articles online bemoaning how the US just blew a chance to really promote girls' soccer here in America (oh, darnit! How will we ever make it?) :lol:
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

ChrisOH wrote:The World Cup that's been in the news lately is the Women's World Cup, which apparently is held the year after the men's World Cup.

The US team lost the final game to Japan, which touched off a few articles online bemoaning how the US just blew a chance to really promote girls' soccer here in America (oh, darnit! How will we ever make it?) :lol:

Oh yeah, I finally found out what it was. There was a picture in my local paper, when the US team lost, of people watching that game. You should have seen the looks on their faces. You'd think they were watching some horrible disaster happening right before their eyes. :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.