WARNING! Our Government Does Not Want Us To Read!!!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

WARNING! Our Government Does Not Want Us To Read!!!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, as you all know, I enjoy posting NEWS articles from Salon and, the Texas Freedom Network, and many other Newsletters.

I like to search the Internet for all kinds of NEWS articles, and download them to my computer for my personal reading pleasure.

But now, our Government wants to put us in prison just for reading.

Uh huh! Just like when I was in the 5th grade, my teacher bashed my head against the corner of a brick wall in an argument over an astronomy book that he didn't want me to check out from the school library.

Now, the Government would like to put me in prison for downloading and reading too many articles off the Internet.

OK, I just got this in my E-mail with a link to click on to sign a petition.

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/supp ... z&rd=1&t=1

Show Your Support For Aaron

Shocking news: Moments ago former Demand Progress Executive Director Aaron Swartz was indicted by the US government. As best as we can tell, he is being charged with allegedly downloading too many journal articles from the Web. The government contends that downloading so many journal articles constitutes felony computer hacking and should be punished with time in prison. We disagree.

The charges are made all the more senseless by the fact that the alleged victim has settled any claims against Aaron, explained they've suffered no loss or damage, and asked the government not to prosecute.

James Jacobs, the Government Documents Librarian at Stanford University -- where Aaron did undergraduate work -- denounced the arrest: "Aaron's prosecution undermines academic inquiry and democratic principles," Jacobs said. "It's incredible that the government would try to lock someone up for allegedly looking up articles at a library."

Please demonstrate your support for Aaron by signing onto this statement:

PETITION OF SUPPORT FOR AARON SWARTZ: We stand with Aaron Swartz and his lifetime of work on ethics in government and academics.
OK, in order to sign the petition, you have to subscribe to DEMAND PROGRESS.

Now, let's see if I understand this correctly. . .

If we download and read too many journals from University or public libraries, we my go to prison for it. This is almost like arresting people for checking out too many books from the library.

But, I like going to various University libraries on line, and downloading articles from science journals for my own personnel reading pleasure.

Now, the Government wants to put us in prison for reading too many public documents from libraries. How many is too many?

Well, that's because America is a Christian nation that hates science and hates people who like to read science articles or NEWS articles or any kind of journals. The only thing we're allowed to read is the BUY-BULL!!!

Yeah! Once again!

BANG! BANG! BANG! GOES MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL!

AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! FOR THE REST OF MY FUCKING LIFE, OR UNTIL I DIE IN PRISON!

Fuck you America!

Football players on campus, morons who can't read above the 2ed grade level, they get to rape the coeds and never have to worry about getting punished.

But a good student who reads too many journals from a library might have to go to prison, where he might get beaten and raped. How nice!

Our Government, they don't want us to read. They want us to be ignorant so they can control us. They don't want to govern a nation of people, but sheep instead. They want to keep citizens ignorant so that more of us will vote Republican, and donate our money to The 700 Club to make Pat Robertson rich because he supports the Republican party.

And in return, we get a little piece of silk cloth treated with holy oil. How nice!

I dearly hope that all ignorant people with low IQs who are running this country, I hope they get some new kind of brain virus that only attacks people who don't keep their minds active, and it causes them to die a slow painful death and they bleed out of their eyes!

In fact, if I were a biologist, I would use biotechnology, gene-splicing, or recombinant RNA and DNA technology to develop a new kind of brain virus in the lab that only attacks the brains ignorant people who only like sports and don't like to read.

That would wipe out most of the Republicans, all the jocks and sports fans, and television evangelists, while only those of us who love to read, who love learning new things and getting new information, only we would be immune to the new brain virus.

Makes no difference if you're rich or poor. If you're a rich moron, you will die, but if you're a poor person who loves books and hangs out in libraries, then you will live because you like to keep your mind active, and that would make you immune.

So, the only way to fight off this new brain virus would be to keep your mind active.

Then, all those morons who run our Government, the ones who want to put people in prison for downloading and reading too many journals, these morons would be the ones who will die a very painful death from my new brain virus.

They will scream out loud day and night, bleeding from the eyes for six months before they finally die.

Gee! That sounds like one of the plagues form the book of Revelations!!!

Yeah! That's the ticket! Make all ignorant morons die from some Biblical style plague!

Then, we will have the freedom to read again.

I'm perfect willing to see millions of ignorant morons die horrible painful deaths just so I can have the freedom to access a NEWS article or a science journal or other documents from public sources on the Internet.

Yeah! We have politicians wanting to pass more and more draconian legislation, more laws to take way our freedom and more and more severe penalties for lesser and lesser offenses or even non-offenses.

Well, if they want to act draconian, then I can also be draconian! Yeah! Give them a taste of their own bad medicine.

Tit for tat, and all that!!!

Sorry! But if you want to pass more draconian laws to put me in prison just for reading something, and to destroy my life, then I want you to die a horrible painful death!

Or else, kill yourself!

Or even better still, don't try to pass moronic laws, and just allow us to read, and download science journals or NEWS articles, and down load music, etc. etc. and I might let you live.

Oh gee!

Am I being too cynical again???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!