ZAP 2 IT Time Warner Cable TV Listings Slow Down My Computer

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

ZAP 2 IT Time Warner Cable TV Listings Slow Down My Computer

Post by Fat Man »

WOW! This evening I made a fantastic discovery!

OK, on my Mozilla Firefox browser I usually have several tabs on my browser window. I kept a tab on ZAP 2 IT for my local Time Warner Cable TV Listings, and I keep a tab on this anti-sports web site forum and a tab on my own YouTube Channel (Big Fat Heretic) and some tabs on some of my other favorite web sites.

But now, this evening, I decided to search for some other web sites that would show local TV listings for Time Warner Cable, and I found one.

It's not as fancy as ZAP 2 IT because it doesn't have a lot of flash animations. No, it just has a simple blue page with a simple window to scroll up and down, and it shows all the program channels that are available to me.

It actually looks kind of boring compared to ZAP 2 IT, but I don't care, because I can scroll up and down much faster and I can click on a show and it opens up a small window which tells me what the program is about, then I close the little window.

And guess what!

Since I have logged off from ZAP 2 IT, and now using this new web site, I discovered that I can scroll up and down on all of my other web site tabs and my YouTube videos also play without pausing.

Apparently, whatever shit was going on at ZAP 2 IT has been slowing down my computer while browsing other web site tabs.

So, for those of you have Time Warner Cable TV, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to the ZAP 2 IT web site for your TV listings, and don't use the AOL TV listings either because AO-HELL sucks!

Instead, just go to:
http://tvlistings.timewarnercable.com/tvListings/

Go to the home page first, and enter your zip code and state and then another small window pops up.

But if you don't want the small window, then just copy and paste the URL from from the small window to one of your browser tabs, and close the little window, and you have it.

Now my computer runs faster on all my other web site tabs.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call my Cable TV provider and tell them that their ZAP 2 IT sucks, and has been fucking up my computer and slowing it down, and I have to reboot more often.

My computer was running slow as shit this evening, and I thought that I was going to have to reboot again.

But instead, I went to the tab with ZAP 2 IT, and on the tab I went to Google to find other web sites for my local TV listings, and the instant I put that tab on Google, I was able to scroll down much faster with no hesitation by my mouse.

Yeah! This web site I found is not as fancy. It has a simple design without all the hundred of flash animations going all the time.

But I don't care. I just want to see a TV listing without all the other bullshit interfering with my computer.

YouTube videos are actually flash animations themselves and if you have too many flash animations going on a single web page, it can really slow down your computer.

You need to get rid of all those crappy flash animations be getting off that web page so that your favorite YouTube videos can load faster and play without pausing all the time.

I don't need to have a lot of flash animations going all the time with stupid advertisements. That's almost like SPAM. Fuck capitalism!

I'm only interested in watching videos and not a bunch of stupid flash advertisements on the same page.

Fuck all that other useless shit!

Hey! Now I can even type faster while posting in these forums!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!