Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
natmanhan

Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal

Post by natmanhan »

I've just beaten the Warcraft 2 BTDP human campaign, the only Warcraft campaign I hadn't beaten (not counting (WoW) until now. Man, I have no life! :lol:
Indurrago

Re: Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal

Post by Indurrago »

Warcraft as in the rts series right? I'm a big RTS fan but my family computer is so old. Can't play any of the new games and even if it somehow does they play so slow and graphics are horrible. Dawn of War has to be my favorite RTS game series, all the gore you could want. Never played the role playing version though.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Warcraft used to be an RTS, but when they brought out World of Warcraft, it became an online RPG. I've never played it, and I don't think I ever will. It's not that I don't like those kind of games -- in fact, I just completed the Main Quest in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, tonight -- it's just an online RPG doesn't appeal to me.

Speaking of Oblivion -- I've got the two expansion packs, but considering the way the Main Quest ended... I'm kind of lost. You can continue playing after you finish the game, meaning you can complete any quests you didn't get to do without having to start a new game, but I'm just in too much shock to do anything else. :lol:

Epic game!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Yeah I honestly never played the game and I'm kind of getting sick of the commercials with the big famous celebrities in it. I never played the game so there's alot that I can't say about it but just all the hype gets annoying. All new MMORPGS are compared it like its the epitome of perfection of its genre. I actually like this genre but it's very hard to find something original AND fun. Knights, Archers and Mages trinity gets so boring. I've heard good things about Oblivion now I just need to buy the console for it. :D

Strange note: Never go looking for a Wii the weekend after Christmas. Strangely every store we went was sold out in wiis but never sold out in ps3s and Xbox360s.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Warcraft still is an RTS, you can find new copies of the battlchest, but it has an MMORPG series as well. I got much more into the RTS games than the RPGs, I have beaten every RTS but only got to about level 39 in the MMORPG.
Indurrago wrote: Knights, Archers and Mages trinity gets so boring. I've heard good things about Oblivion now I just need to buy the console for it. :D
The RTS aren't so bad for that, there's battleships, destroyers, submarines, catapults, flying machines, dragons, anti-casters (spellcasters designed to counter other spellcasters) etc. as well.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

natmanhan wrote:Warcraft still is an RTS, you can find new copies of the battlchest, but it has an MMORPG series as well. I got much more into the RTS games than the RPGs, I have beaten every RTS but only got to about level 39 in the MMORPG.

The RTS aren't so bad for that, there's battleships, destroyers, submarines, catapults, flying machines, dragons, anti-casters (spellcasters designed to counter other spellcasters) etc. as well.
Maybe I should check it out but I doubt this old family pc could handle it. I love RTS games Warhammer 40K is my current favorite series even though its been months since I've even had a computer that could play it.
For MMORPGS I got tired of the reused and recycled classes it just got boring for me. I'm thinking of buying a new laptop so I can get back into RTS. Can you name all the RTS games you've played? I've played all of the Warhammer 40k series that was released:original, winter assault, dark crusade(my favorite of the series), and Soul storm, Red Alert 2, Age of mythology and its expansion:Titans, Age of Empires 3, StarWars Galactic battlegrounds, The Original Starcraft and its expansion:Brood War.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

All of the Warcraft series, Starcraft and its expansion, all Command & Conquers except the newest ones (C&C 3 and RA 3) and Zero Hour, Age of Empires 1, 2, and Mobile, Battle For Middle Earth, and Army Men RTS. I'm sure your computer can handle Warcraft 2 BNE, it's a 1999 re-release of a 1995 and a '96 game.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

It probably could but not anything like past like 2003 would play to slow on the old PC. 1 year for a computer is like 5-10 human years I swear. What is your favorite rts series? My favorite was warhammer I loved the realism you can could set it so the debris and the bodies of the dead could stay on the screen for a LONG time(there are probably games better at this by now). Command and conquer 3 wasn't big miss-out unless you like overpowered alien airforce, the Scrin--a Mixture of the Protoss and the Zerg.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Indurrago wrote: Command and conquer 3 wasn't big miss-out unless you like overpowered alien airforce, the Scrin--a Mixture of the Protoss and the Zerg.
No goliaths to deal with em eh? Anyway my favorite series overall is probably Warcraft, although for an individual game it'd be a tie between Starcraft Brood War and Command & Conquer Red Alert 2.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

I agree with Starcraft(Protoss seem like an even cooler more badass Jedi but an entire civilization) and Red Alert 2(fell in love with the Apocalypse) but never played any Warcraft games. The Scrin Tripods similar to the Protoss Immortal would own the Goliaths. And the more you mass of them the more large splash damage is spread out and does less damage individually meaning Siege Tanks AND Nukes won't save you(CC3 has "nuke" like attacks btw). Personall Starcraft 2 is probably gonna be better than CC3 it had nice graphics but lacked anything new. It was Red Alert 2 but more polished. Tiberium exposure would probably kill off all the races in Starcraft though.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Wow, those things look a bit...imbalanced. Since they only have ranged attacks though I think defilers (dark swarm protects against ranged attacks) and lurkers combined could stop them. Or dark archons could mind control them.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

natmanhan wrote:Wow, those things look a bit...imbalanced. Since they only have ranged attacks though I think defilers (dark swarm protects against ranged attacks) and lurkers combined could stop them. Or dark archons could mind control them.
You definitely hit the bullseye the game was umbalanced. But alot of anti-air can beat them but too much anti-air would make you vulnerable to ground attacks. On the sidenote most of the units are not sentient so I don't think assimlating would do much.