Steve Jobs has passed away

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Safety
Sportsman

Steve Jobs has passed away

Post by Safety »

Thoughts?
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
recovering_fan

Re: Steve Jobs has passed away

Post by recovering_fan »

I agree with the stuff Robert Gentel is writing about him at able2know.

http://able2know.org/topic/178301-1#post-4753259
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Just popping in briefly with another comment on the Steve Jobs story. I think one thing this story illustrates is that no matter how many people you have working for you, and no matter how much money you have, you're no match for death when it comes. That is why it makes no sense to view life as a giant competition against the world, since you WILL end up losing in the end. All you can do is love others, and you can leave a legacy. I guess he did both those things.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

recovering_fan wrote:Just popping in briefly with another comment on the Steve Jobs story. I think one thing this story illustrates is that no matter how many people you have working for you, and no matter how much money you have, you're no match for death when it comes. That is why it makes no sense to view life as a giant competition against the world, since you WILL end up losing in the end. All you can do is love others, and you can leave a legacy. I guess he did both those things.
Yes, it would be good to be remembered for the things you had done to help people, not just that you were great success, or all the really big things you had done. Yes, those are important too, but even far more important, how you made it to the top, how your treated people on the way up, and how you helped other people in their endeavors to achieve success.

There is only one absolutely certain thing about this world.

Nobody gets out of it alive.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

dannj

Post by dannj »

Yes it is to bad about Steve's passing and the disease he struggled with, but apparently his contribution to the world has been fulfilled.