A question to fat man

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
monolith

A question to fat man

Post by monolith »

I was alerted to this forum via another forum I frequent (not 4chan incidentally) and have spent a while reading this forum. Some good points seem to have been made from either side and I would have been happy to simply lurk but I have one question I have been dying to ask to the user Fat Man, so here goes.

Fat Man, if you are able to sit on your computer and type vastly long posts, why are you not able to work?

If you have a computer, the internet and are able to type then I'm sorry but you CAN work. Even if it's a simple data entry job, there are things you can do. There are a ton of computer courses you can do, some of which you don't have to start paying for until after you are earning.

I'm not saying this to try to belittle you, I know you have a physical disability which is genuine and the government writes you a cheque for that, but that doesn't mean you have to accept your fate and do nothing about it. There are many people who have physical disabilities who have made something for themselves. You can too.

Like I say, if you are able to type (which you clearly can) and you have the internet, then you can work, even if it's only part time. You don't have to accept what you have now, there are options for you.
Weltall

Re: A question to fat man

Post by Weltall »

monolith wrote:I was alerted to this forum via another forum I frequent (not 4chan incidentally) and have spent a while reading this forum. Some good points seem to have been made from either side and I would have been happy to simply lurk but I have one question I have been dying to ask to the user Fat Man, so here goes.

Fat Man, if you are able to sit on your computer and type vastly long posts, why are you not able to work?

If you have a computer, the internet and are able to type then I'm sorry but you CAN work. Even if it's a simple data entry job, there are things you can do. There are a ton of computer courses you can do, some of which you don't have to start paying for until after you are earning.

I'm not saying this to try to belittle you, I know you have a physical disability which is genuine and the government writes you a cheque for that, but that doesn't mean you have to accept your fate and do nothing about it. There are many people who have physical disabilities who have made something for themselves. You can too.

Like I say, if you are able to type (which you clearly can) and you have the internet, then you can work, even if it's only part time. You don't have to accept what you have now, there are options for you.
Fat Man would rule on
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
and also make a buck for him to use
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

@ monolith

I would assume that since you are British you are unfamiliar with the hostile way America treats its unemployed and its disabled. They live in a climate of uncontrollable fear. They have to worry that if they go back to work for even 10 hours a week, the government might decide on a whim that they are no longer disabled, might pull ALL their benefits, and might leave them to die on the street. (Because the 10-hour-a-week job sure ain't gonna provide enough to live on.)

We Americans do not coax our disabled into "making something of their lives." We call them lazy bums and threaten them.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

They've started a new scheme over here where you are taken off disability when you're disabled. Yeah, those damn deviant disabled dopes! How dare they be crippled!

"What, he has no arms or legs? Well, somebody can lift him up and carry him about, and he can operate things with his mouth, so he's fit for work!"

"She has a mental disability? Well, since I can't see it, she doesn't have it. Fit for work!"

Pretty much, the only way to not be taken off it is if you're dead. Even then, it's doubtful.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!