Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exercise

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exer

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:OR ELSE, I WILL REQUEST THAT THE THREE OF YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS!

NOW, FUCK OFF!!!
Do it, Amuse us all. You've doing a great job as a clown

See? you really play out the Clown's role!
Fit Man wrote:Fat Man, I seriously think you still have some mental problems that need to be checked out. I'm fucking serious here. Check yourself into a psych ward immediately and get yourself evaluated. No mentally stable person would rationalizing things the way that you are.
Thing is no mental ill people ever admit that they have a problem, It takes a good friend to help "persuade" them for the better good of that person, I guess fatman will need the entire Neighborhood
HEY! I am not in denial.

I have admitted in the past in these forums that I have had to deal with mental illness.

In recent years I was diagnosed with PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I know this, and I admit to this!

But I'm not going to check myself into some psych ward where I might get beaten and raped again.

As I have said before, those places are worse than prisons!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Awwww ... ain't that sweet?

(Yes, I know it's corny; but who cares?) :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

This image is superior, Earl :P
Attachments
1312924612755.jpg
1312924612755.jpg (25.45 KiB) Viewed 772 times
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thank you. :) All I did was just do a Google image search on "can't we all just get along" and see what was available.  In other words, I just lucked out.  :)

I see there's no fighting today, which is a relief. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Weltall

Post by Weltall »

Earl wrote: I agree with you.  Of course, just throwing a ball around doesn't turn a guy into a jerk, unless he allows the fact that he's proficient in a sport go to his head.  My current best friend, who is a deacon of my and my wife's congregation, is a former high-school football player.  He's a rugged guy, but he wears his heart on his sleeve.  He's a sensitive, caring person who's obviously a dedicated Christian.  He says that labelling nonathletic boys as effeminate just because they have no interest in sports is stupid and wrong.
Exactly, I might add though, that the first time I read some of the post on this forum, apart from seeing that you might be one of the few persons unbiased when it comes to discuss this topic, I feel that this forum should be mostly against bullying be it from any source, since it can come in all sizes and flavors, everytime I see a topic against sports here, the content is mostly some bullying, crime, or genrally some behaviour done by some sport player. Keep in mind that those actions can perfectly come from someone who is not related at all with sports.
Earl wrote: but do you now see that he's not even a sports fan?
I may need to correct that statement since I can't determine what is the definition here of a sports fan, I don't play any sport currently, I did play some when I was in highschool, some frienly soccer on spare hours with my fellow students, but keep in mind I was the typical good grade student, and on "gym" classes i was picked last on the teams (Bummer and it's a bad technique gym teacher use - Pick 2 best players and let them pick the teams). I do watch my favorite Baseball team matches, and my country's soccer team whenever I can to have a fun time with friends.
Fatman wrote: Welshort
I may need to tell you that "Weltall" means Universe in german, since it's something you like it makes sense to stop mocking it
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Weltall wrote:I may need to correct that statement since I can't determine what is the definition here of a sports fan, I don't play any sport currently, I did play some when I was in highschool, some frienly soccer on spare hours with my fellow students, but keep in mind I was the typical good grade student, and on "gym" classes i was picked last on the teams (Bummer and it's a bad technique gym teacher use - Pick 2 best players and let them pick the teams). I do watch my favorite Baseball team matches, and my country's soccer team whenever I can to have a fun time with friends.
It's a terrible system they have of picking teams, IMO. What they could do is pick half the team that way, and then distribute the remaining players according to a coin flip. That would save unathletic kids the humiliation of being picked "last". From what I recall about my high school and middle school days, it's only the top few kids who make a difference to who wins, and thus it is only they who need to be seeded evenly among teams. In fact, it was usually one or two players on each team who dominated the action, while the rest stood around looking annoyed.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Agreed. (Longtime readers of this forum know perfectly well what I'm going to say next. :wink: ) I have no use for this approach. There is no justification for requiring nonathletic kids who have no interest in competitive team sports to participate in them in mandatory P.E. classes. This setup has resulted in some of the worst bullying that has ever occurred (or still occurs) on junior-high and high-school campuses. I'm amazed when I hear so-called "progressives" who believe that such students should be forced to play sports. I guess bullied nonathletic kids simply aren't on their list of "protected" groups.

What are the reasons they offer for continuing what is actually no more and no less than institutionalized bullying? "Sports teach teamwork." Many other extracurricular activities do the same. "Sports build character." Oh, really? Give me a break! You mean guys like Ross Browner, Christian Peter, his brother Jason, Larry Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Tucker (not to mention others). Are these guys role models? Would you want your sons to emulate them? "Sports prepare boys for war." That's what boot camp is for. "Sports teach kids how to get along with each other." Are you kidding? Tell that to bullied kids. "Sports help kids to be healthy." Actually, abundant evidence proves that nonathletic kids who are bullied in P.E. are discouraged from becoming physically active even long after they've reached adulthood. (There's a reason why I didn't set foot in a health club for decades after I had graduated from high school.)

I have no problem with you guys who enjoy playing sports, just as long as you don't seek to impose them upon unwilling kids. I mean, after all, I thought sports were a form of recreation (which would imply that they're voluntary, not mandatory).

I know what I'm talking about from my own personal experience. Since I started working out at my local health club, I've gained muscle mass I never had before. In contrast, when I began as a kid to endure the useless experience of mandatory "sports only" P.E. (which was an exercise in hypocrisy on the part of the adult policymakers), I was weak and scrawny. When my last P.E. class had mercifully come to a close (during my last year in junior high), I was ... (yep, you guessed it) weak and scrawny. (But I'm not weak and scrawny today!) I continued to be a band student in high school because that exempted me from having to take P.E., which I heard was even more hellish for nonathletic boys than the junior-high version.

Today there is a movement to reform mandatory P.E. by instituting programs that actually promote fitness (my, what a novel concept!) by instructing students in exercise programs instead of cramming sports down the throats of kids who aren't interested in them. PE4Life, which was developed by a boys' P.E. coach who had a conscience, is the best such program I've heard about. (You knew I'd say that, didn't you?)

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:I have no problem with you guys who enjoy playing sports, just as long as you don't seek to impose them upon unwilling kids. I mean, after all, I thought sports were a form of recreation (which would imply that they're voluntary, not mandatory).
Yeah, how could something that is mandatory possibly be considered recreational?

If you enjoy doing something, then it's recreational.

But if it's mandatory, then it's not enjoyable or recreational.

To say that mandatory sports is recreational, that is a perfect example of Orwellian Double Think, or what is also known as New-speak.

It's like saying that freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength!

Double Think, the ability to hold onto two contradictory concepts and hold them as both being true.

New Speak, the elimination of words from our vocabulary to streamline the English language.

For example, we refer to a food item as being sugar-free, or sugarless, or fat-free which means, containing no sugar or no fat, or free from sugar, or free from fat.

Carry such concepts to the extreme, we enter the realm of Orwellian New Speak.

Free, now meaning, having less or being without.

So, freedom would now mean, less-dom or without-dom.

Therefore, to say you want to be free, in Orwellian New Speak, it means you want to have less or be without.

Now, for the reduction of vocabulary.

When we use words with opposite meanings, we would say, good or evil, hot or cold, light or dark.

But we can eliminate many words by using the prefix un.

So, we would have good or ungood, hot or unhot, light or unlight.

We can also eliminate more words, like superb or excellent by saying, good, plus-good, and double-plus-good.

Or when something is bad, we would say, ungood, plus-ungood, and double-plus-ungood.

This is what was depicted in George Orwell's 1984.

Has anyone ever studied color theory in art, with the colors arranged on a color wheel?

On a color wheel, the opposite colors are red and green, orange and blue, yellow and violet.

If you shine a bright red light into your eyes, then turn away and look at a white wall, you see a green spot before your eyes. Stare at a bright orange light, then turn away, you will see blue, and finally, stare at a bright yellow light and turn away, you will see violet. What ever color your are staring at, when you turn away, you will see it's opposite.

Now, getting back to words with the un prefix.

In Orwellian New Speak, the opposite of red would be unred.

And so, I introduce you to Orwellian Color Theory!!!

Naturally of course, in the above example: the color we now call red, which is ungreen in the Orwellian color wheel, is also not orange, and not yellow, certainly not green, it's not blue, and it's not violet, so therefore ungreen is also unorange, unyellow, ungreen, unblue, and unviolet.

So, if ungreen is also unevery color, then it is also uneverthing making it nothing, a self-contradiction. Also, all the colors are unevery color, and the whole Orwellian color wheel becomes a self-contradiction under the application of New Speak and double-think!

Therefore, in Orwellian New Speak, all words become meaningless, and in Orwellian double double-think, all is self-contradictory.

OK, this color wheel concept of mine was not ever mentioned in the novel by George Orwell.

I just made this up, as an example, of Orwellian New Speak and double-think carried to it's ultimate extreme.

So, double-think is actually not thinking at all, because it's all self-contradictory.

In Orwell's 1984, people who were rejected by society for being nonconformists were classified as unpersons.

Well, thanks to mandatory sports in our schools, and all the harassment and bullying I had received in school, and being suspended form school, just simply because I was not good at sports, I have often felt like I was no longer a US citizen, being forced to live on the outer fringes of society.

Yeah, thanks to the dominant sports culture, I was made to feel like an unperson.

Thank you America!!!

This forum post was sponsored by 7UP!

The Uncola!

I believe those 7UP ads were inspired by Orwellian New Speak.

Yeah! Now do you all see where all this "UN" BULLSHIT started???

Well, I don't drink 7UP because of it, because I won't drink an Uncola!

I won't drink or eat an un-anything!

I drink COKE the REAL THING because I'm a real person, and don't wish to be reminded that American society regards me as an unperson!

FUCK THAT!!!

Oh! And by the way, 2 + 2 = 5

And when I hold up my hand, I see 6 fingers!

OK???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Or as Captain Jean Luc Picard once said, in one particular episode of Star Trek Next Generation when he was being interrogated and tortured by a Cardasian military officer, and upon his final release . . . . .

I SEE FIVE LIGHTS!!!

During his interrogation and torture, he was almost tempted to say four!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Sporthater2000

Post by Sporthater2000 »

Brigan wrote:
Earl wrote: I also have a question for Brigan: Why do you believe that Sporthater2000 is a troll? (... well, questions) How can you tell?
I even believe he might be the same person holding the account that ends with 500 aswell. (might be, I'm not certain of it yet)

Their initial post gave it away for me actually, it's content seems fetched, erradicate sports (also recently the use of the word faggot)

also..
SportHater2000 wrote:i have noticed there are too many sports fans invading our site i know there nothing we can do. But i think we should delete their accounts. Anyway in real life there are too many people with no life and their whole lives revolve around sports i think the front page of the site is true people are going to turn back into monkeys because of sport. People who play sport don't know anything so they chose to play sport instead of studying and becoming something better than sport player, like doctors, scientists, computer programmers etc. What is your opinion on this issue?

signed

sporthater2000

"hating sports and its fans forever :D"
Supersportshater500 wrote:i agree by far. ERRADICATE SPORT, DESTROY THE SPORT LOVERS ACCOUNTS!!! fuck the sportlovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trolls trolling trolls. or atleast he tried to pull that one.

Hell I could be wrong but his input shows that to me.
I do not own supersporthater500 that's my friend at school he's very like that at school so I dunno what to do about him but to be honest I'm srry for trolling but sometimes I get too carried away since sports just get on my nerves so I'm srry I will try not to be a troll In future. :)
Signed

Sporthater2000

"hating sport and its fans FOREVER! :D"
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote: This is my 3000th forum post!
Hi Fat Man,

Congrats on getting to 3,000 (however this latest battle turns out). :)

--RF
dannj

Post by dannj »

FatMan had some traumatic experiences growing up and the school where he went sure didn't give him any support. I read what his life was like and it is easier then said then done about him going out and getting some damn exercise. The example of teachers tormenting him was nothing more then the teacher putting himself in the same bully mentality as the rest of the Jocks. He was there to support and influence young people and by acting the way he did made himself look popular amongst the 'Athletic' knuckleheads rather then trying to spend extra time with a kid that had measurable physical problems and influence him for later in life.
dann
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

dannj wrote:FatMan had some traumatic experiences growing up and the school where he went sure didn't give him any support. I read what his life was like and it is easier then said then done about him going out and getting some damn exercise. The example of teachers tormenting him was nothing more then the teacher putting himself in the same bully mentality as the rest of the Jocks. He was there to support and influence young people and by acting the way he did made himself look popular amongst the 'Athletic' knuckleheads rather then trying to spend extra time with a kid that had measurable physical problems and influence him for later in life.
dann
Good morning Dan:

Yes, I went to some really crummy schools and has some really lousy teachers.

In fact, my PE coaches were actually worse than most of the jocks in my school.

Here is a link to a topic I had posted more than a year ago, back in Friday January 29, 2010 at 9:59 PM.

THE HORSE THIEVES AMONG US!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=1&t=4425

In my topic, I go into more detail concerning my past experiences in our so-called educational system, and how I compare the teachers and the school system who denied me a decent education, to horse thieves.

Also, scroll further down in that topic, and read my dissertation on the morally corrupt Kennedy family back in the 1960s, and about the NAZI scum-bag rocket engineer, Arthur Louis Hugo Rudolph, who worked for NASA on the Saturn V booster for the Apollo moon rocket. Yeah, some low-life NAZI could work on a moon rocket, while an innocent 11 year old student (myself) was getting his head bashed against a concrete block wall by a sports obsessed teacher who would not allow him to check out Astronomy books from the school library.

The only reason why the USA beat the former Soviet Union to the moon was because NASA had . . . . . . .

THE REICH STUFF!!!

Anyway . . .

Please do check it out.

Thank you.

dannj

Post by dannj »

Hey there again F.M.

Finally got to read your entire post, and all I can say is 'wow'. Much worse then what I had it, but the trauma you had reached at a level 10. So sorry to have seen all that, and they say time heals all but damn it, there is always flashbacks. I used to have them quite a bit, but not so much anymore. Hope things are going good for you now.
sincerely, Dan
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

dannj wrote:Hey there again F.M.

Finally got to read your entire post, and all I can say is 'wow'. Much worse then what I had it, but the trauma you had reached at a level 10. So sorry to have seen all that, and they say time heals all but damn it, there is always flashbacks. I used to have them quite a bit, but not so much anymore. Hope things are going good for you now.
sincerely, Dan
Thank you very much!

Yeah, it's been said the time heals all wounds, but that is not true.

Just like physical scars, emotional scars can also last a lifetime.

So, time does not heal all wounds. But, I hope, that eventually, time will wound all heels!!!

Anyway . . . . .

What did you think of my "horse thief" analogy and what I had to say about the corrupt Kennedy family, and how we only managed beat the Russians to the moon because NASA had "THE REICH STUFF"???

Pretty grim! Eh?

Yeah, I guess here in the USA, we had decided that we couldn't afford to teach science and keep high school physics and chemistry labs stocked with the proper equipment, that it was much cheaper just to put up new basketball hoops and buy new jerseys and helmets for the football teams, and to Hell with science eduction!

Yeah! Uh huh! We can just import well educated nerds and techno-geeks from over seas to keep the wheels turning and the lights on while we just teach our own children how to play Charades and fold paper footballs.

Yeah! Really nice! Eh?

In the near future, American high school graduates will be bagging groceries, scrubbing toilets, or going on welfare when they can't find anymore jobs, while students from Japan or China will get all the good jobs in science and technology while our own children will be shinning their shoes.

The USA will be conquered by Japan and China and we'll be living under their laws, and it will serve us right!

Yes, I said the Kennedy family was corrupt, but the Republican party is even worse.

I live in Texas, and the Republican party wants to insert their creationist fairy tales from the BUY-BULL into high school science textbooks.

You know, the one about a man made from a lump of dirt, a woman made from his rib, and that about 6000 years ago they were placed in a magic garden with a magical tree bearing magical fruit that they weren't suppose to eat, but were tempted into doing so by a talking snake with legs! Yeah! Makes perfect sense! Eh?

And, adults actually believe that shit??? Now, how retarded is that???

I didn't believe that load of crap when I was only 9 years old going to Sunday school, and when I said as much, my Sunday school teacher slapped my face!

After that, my mother said that I didn't have to go to Sunday school anymore, but just follow The 10 Commandments and The Golden Rule, and that was good enough.

I was in the second grade when I checked out my first library book on Astronomy, and by the time I was only in the third grade I was already reading at the high school and adult level, and when I read about geology and fossils found in rock strata and read about dinosaurs, I laughed at all the moronic infantile crap they tried to teach me in Sunday school.

And the Republican party would love to turn high school science classes into Monday through Friday, Sunday schools.

Uh! I'm feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Excuse me while I go up-chuck!

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Nothing ever change here!

Hello again. :oops:
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*