Basketball bore lays out guilt trip

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
abitagirl

Basketball bore lays out guilt trip

Post by abitagirl »

Why? Because apparently some people have better things to do than watch a bunch of seven-foot-tall freaks of nature attempt to put a ball through a hoop, and that makes him mad. At least he admits that there are things more important than sports, although he spends the rest of his letter contradicting that, so it doesn't exactly mean much.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/letterstoe ... xml&coll=1

Wow, the game on Halloween night wasn't sold out? Gosh. You don't think maybe a lot of people had other plans, do you? :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Basketball bore lays out guilt trip

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:Why? Because apparently some people have better things to do than watch a bunch of seven-foot-tall freaks of nature attempt to put a ball through a hoop, and that makes him mad. At least he admits that there are things more important than sports, although he spends the rest of his letter contradicting that, so it doesn't exactly mean much.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/letterstoe ... xml&coll=1

Wow, the game on Halloween night wasn't sold out? Gosh. You don't think maybe a lot of people had other plans, do you? :roll:
wow --that guy is positively indignant that more people didn't attend, isn't he? How does he justify that silly attitude? Buy season tickets??!!!! I'd rather spend $1,000 on something constructive. I hope that this makes the team owners and the city realize that noone wants to see this underwear circus and they close the place down. And put in some REAL entertainment --like ROLLERDERBY! :)

I Hope We Lose!
ProSportsHater

Post by ProSportsHater »

Person A : AND THE BALL GOES RIGHT INTO THE HOLE.
Person B : Where ?
Person A : RIGHT INTO THE FUCKING HOLE, YEAH, YOU KNOW.
Oh my god this web site is like a gift from god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahaha.
Because it sucks !
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

I posted something here a few days ago and now it is gone. What happened?
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

wow... i can just see this guy buying some tickets, then going on the street, finding some homeless guy and be like "here your less fortunate, have some tickets to see a game" the homeless guy looks at him "but i would rather have money for food, im starving" and then this dude says "WELL I DONT BELIEVE HOW SELFISH YOU ARE! YOU HAVE TO GO SEE THIS TEAM PLAY, EVERYONE SHOULD BE THERE WHETHER THEY CAN AFFORD IT OR NOT!" no no, he insists it, you should buy tickets for people that cant afford to go see retards play sports... who cares if they need the money for food, rent, maybe an EDUCATION, nope, there is no excuse for not being there every single time. right? :lol: this guy is priceless. god forbid you live in a city to i dunno, live? nope, your there for the sports team... woo...
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Believe it or not, this guy isn't the only one. In the last few months there have been various editorials and columns nagging us to go to the local freak shows...err, basketball games. Not only that, the cable company where I live has decided not to show the games on TV, and you wouldn't believe the moaning and groaning from the sports bores. Like there aren't tons of other games to watch already.

Incidentally, the guilt trips have increased a bit ever since the local team has threatened to leave in the next year if attendance doesn't pick up. Gosh, wouldn't that be terrible? :mrgreen:
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

I don't feel the least bit sorry for them. It's not like they don't have tons of channels to show that crap, most of which are never used.

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

WOW!

My favorite part of the article was where it said . . . . .
"There is no excuse for not supporting it. If you are middle- to upper-income, you stayed in New Orleans for a reason. If you cannot make all 42 games, find some other people and split the season tickets. Have a party to pick the games. You will have fun."

YEAH RIGHT!!!

What big cry babies these jocks are!

Now they demand that we all must support their games, that we must spend our money to attend their sporting events, and that there is no excuse for our not being there.

HELLO!!!

Ever thought that the reason why I don't waste my money on going to basketball games is because I absolutely hate basketball, and football, and hockey, and baseball, and boxing, and . . . . . . .

Not everybody loves sports!

HELLO!

So we have a perfect excuse for not supporting their games.

It's because their games SUCK!

So, now these cry-baby jocks are demanding mandatory attendance to their games.

Yeah! It just keeps on getting better all the time.

Don't ya just love it!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!