Taboo - On The National Geographic Channel

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Taboo - On The National Geographic Channel

Post by Fat Man »

For those of us in the USA who have cable TV.

Has anybody here every watched a program titled "Taboo" on the National Geographic Channel?

Some of the episodes are usually about primitive tribes, and the painful rituals that young boys are subjected to in order to prove their "manhood" and to earn the right to be treated with respect as adults.

These rituals are mandatory, and all young boys must go through these rituals as a part of growing up.

This has been going on in these primitive tribes for thousands of years. Have you also noticed that these societies do not advance? They are living now as they had always lived, and will probably continue to live the same way for centuries to come, never advancing, but staying the same, forever.

No doubt, a billion years from now, just before our sun becomes a red giant star about to consume the inner planets of the solar system, the more advanced societies living in this future time will have evacuated this planet, and moved on to colonize planets in much younger star systems, while the primitive societies that have not advanced, the last thing they will see is the sun suddenly swelling up to it's red giant size and everything around them bursts into flames, and the atmosphere is blown away. They will have all been wiped out because they will not have advanced. They would still be living in their mud huts and engaging in their primitive sports up to the very last moment.

Now, lets take a look at our own societies today.

Here in the USA we have mandatory PE classes in our schools, and some students who are not able to perform well are often subjected to humiliation in front of their fellow students.

Also notice that the quality of education has been declining in our schools.

Sports is a threat to modern civilization, especially mandatory sports in our schools. It is bringing down the quality of education, and might eventually cause our society to decline, and keep us from advancing any further.

Of course, most jocks and their sports fans will say that humiliation in the gymnasium is a test of "manhood" and should be a part of growing up.

But societies do not advance by tearing people down, but rather, improving educational and social institutions, and making life better for everyone.

The redneck sports fans are like the primitive tribes I had just mentioned. And just as primitive societies will be stuck on this planet a billion years from now when the sun goes nova, every redneck hopes to die happy with a football game on TV, a case of beer beside him, and finally clutching his chest and gasping for air as he goes out with a heart attack during the game.

So, I think it might be best if we were to deport all of these jocks and their redneck sports fans to some primitive island somewhere, and then they can create all kinds of violent sports to entertain themselves, and go back to living in caves.

And for heat, they can just bang two rocks together and go UGGAH! UGGAH! UGGAH!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitz301

Re: Taboo - On The National Geographic Channel

Post by Fitz301 »

Maybe if all the money wasted on sports was put into space exploration we might not have to wait thousands of years to get off this planet and seek out new worlds to colonize.

Fitz301
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

I think space exploration funding is good now, it just takes time for such massive endeavors. Overseas colonies took thousands of years too, interplanetary and interstellar probably will be comparable.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Actually, it was much cheaper for NASA to put a man on the moon than it is to pay some drooly gooly to play football.

It cost NASA about 10 thousand dollars per pound of payload to put a man on the moon.

A football only weighs about a pound, give or take a few ounces.

But we have to pay some monkey-boy 5 millions dollars a year just to kick that one pound hunk of pig skin a hundred yards over an iron post.

So, it costs about 5 million dollars per pound to send a one pound hunk of pig skin a distance of 100 yards.

NASA could send you to the moon for only 10 thousand dollars per pound and the moon is about 230,000 miles away.

So, it's much cheaper to go to the moon.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Indeed, a great waste of money for something insignificant and resource-wasting. We could be using all those materials used in footballs and other sports gear for other things such as developing safer vehicles or investing the money in space travel, as your intentions show. Indeed, we are the ones lighting the path for our own perilous failiure.
lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

So guys, theres this thing called supply and demand, heres how it works, I'll use sports as an example: People want to watch sports, thats your demand, and buisinessmen buy sports teams and games are broadcasted on T.V and Radio, thats your supply. Increase the demand, and you have to increase the supply. Pretty neat huh?

Oh and by the way, just as much, if not more money goes into the film industry as it does sports.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote:So guys, theres this thing called supply and demand, heres how it works, I'll use sports as an example: People want to watch sports, thats your demand, and buisinessmen buy sports teams and games are broadcasted on T.V and Radio, thats your supply. Increase the demand, and you have to increase the supply. Pretty neat huh?

Oh and by the way, just as much, if not more money goes into the film industry as it does sports.
When I went to high school, my chemistry class did not have enough lab wear, test tubes and flasks, and the physics class and the biology class did not have the equipment they needed.

We used out-of-date textbooks that were 20 years old. My school was pathetic. The library needed more new books. But no funds were forthcoming for what was needed in academics.

Ah! But they put up new basketball hoops in the gymnasium, bought all new football uniforms for the monkey-boys, and spent, God only knows, how much money on sports while our academic needs were neglected.

Some of us more serious students, who wanted to study science, we demanded better textbooks, better lab equipment, and more new books for the library on more subjects. They only had three books on Astronomy. It was pathetic.

But our demands were ignored, while it all went to the jocks.

We wanted more lab equipment and new textbooks. That was our demand!

Where was the supply for our demand? Pray tell.

So much for your theory on supply and demand. Eh?

We made the demands, but they did not supply.

So, you can take your little unrealistic little fantasy about supply and demand, and shove it up somewhere, where it's dark and warm, and where the sun never shines!!!

You got that? JIMBO???

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:
lmc850 wrote:So guys, theres this thing called supply and demand, heres how it works, I'll use sports as an example: People want to watch sports, thats your demand, and buisinessmen buy sports teams and games are broadcasted on T.V and Radio, thats your supply. Increase the demand, and you have to increase the supply. Pretty neat huh?

When I went to high school, my chemistry class did not have enough lab wear, test tubes and flasks, and the physics class and the biology class did not have the equipment they needed.

We used out-of-date textbooks that were 20 years old. My school was pathetic. The library needed more new books. But no funds were forthcoming for what was needed in academics.

Ah! But they put up new basketball hoops in the gymnasium, bought all new football uniforms for the monkey-boys, and spent, God only knows, how much money on sports while our academic needs were neglected.

Some of us more serious students, who wanted to study science, we demanded better textbooks, better lab equipment, and more new books for the library on more subjects. They only had three books on Astronomy. It was pathetic.

So, you can take your little unrealistic little fantasy about supply and demand, and shove it up somewhere, where it's dark and warm, and where the sun never shines!!!

You got that? JIMBO???
Actually I was talking about supply and demand as in the economy, aka capitalism, but if you don't like it by all means pack up and move to North Korea.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

You got that? JIMBO???
Actually I was talking about supply and demand as in the economy, aka capitalism, but if you don't like it by all means pack up and move to North Korea.
WHOA!!! I JUST LOVE THIS!

Yeah! You're good!

This just keeps on getting better! I love it!

You just confirmed what I have been saying all along abort sports fans.

You gave the standard response.

"If you don't like it by all means pack up and move to - (insert Communist Country here)"

Yeah! The standard response!

Thank you very much! I knew you weren't going to disappoint me! I was expecting something like that all along.

It's the standard response. If you don't like football, then move to Russia! If you don't like our system of supply and demand, then move to Russia! If you don't like sports taking over the schools, then move to Russia!

Or North Korea, or any Communist country.

Now I'm waiting for more.

When are you going to start calling me a Commie, or a Pinko?

Yeah! Pinko! That's my all time favorite one!

I'm really looking forward to that one.

Thanks for the confirmation!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:

Yeah! You're good!

"If you don't like it by all means pack up and move to - (insert Communist Country here)"

Thank you very much! I knew you weren't going to disappoint me! I was expecting something like that all along.

It's the standard response. If you don't like football, then move to Russia! If you don't like our system of supply and demand, then move to Russia! If you don't like sports taking over the schools, then move to Russia!

I have said this ad nauseum, I don't care if you like sports or not. No one does. You're just not that big a deal to be brutaly honest. My remark was about the economy. It had nothing to do with sports. Get over yourself.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

Yeah! You're good!

I have said this ad nauseum, I don't care if you like sports or not. No one does. You're just not that big a deal to be brutaly honest. My remark was about the economy. It had nothing to do with sports. Get over yourself.
Aw! Now you disappoint me!

I was hoping that you would call me a Commie or a Pinko!

After all, you told me to pack my bags and move to North Korea. So, you might as well go all the way!

Come on! Call me a Commie or a Pinko!

Please! Please! Pretty please!!!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:
lmc850 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

Yeah! You're good!

Aw! Now you disappoint me!

I was hoping that you would call me a Commie or a Pinko!

After all, you told me to pack my bags and move to North Korea. So, you might as well go all the way!

Come on! Call me a Commie or a Pinko!

Please! Please! Pretty please!!!
Read my post again. More carefully this time. Take notes if need be.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote: Read my post again. More carefully this time. Take notes if need be.
OK! I get you!

You said . . . . .
But while you were using sports as an example of how supply and demand works, you did say, that if I didn't like our system of supply and demand, then I should move to North Korea.

You might as well be calling me a Commie and a Pinko!

That is the standard response that I expect to get from either jocks or their sports fans, the standard bill of fare.

So, I'm still waiting for you to call me a Commie or a Pinko!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

DO NOT MAKE ME BREAK THIS UP AND SETTLE THIS MYSELF!!! I swear to frickin' god, the next provoked response from EITHER OF YOU TWO isn't going to go unnoticed by me.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

blackdog4444 wrote:DO NOT MAKE ME BREAK THIS UP AND SETTLE THIS MYSELF!!! I swear to frickin' god, the next provoked response from EITHER OF YOU TWO isn't going to go unnoticed by me.
Sorry.

My apologies to the board administrators. OK?

But if lmc850 wants to come back and call me a Commie or a Pinko, please allow him to do so.

That would really make my day! :D

Thank you. :D