Thank you for this forum! (my thoughts)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
antisportsgal

Re: Thank you for this forum! (my thoughts)

Post by antisportsgal »

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been busy with work and classes. My RA job I've had more duties the last few weeks*rolls her eyes*The last few weeks I've been taking duties left and right for the other RAs since they have games or other stuff that comes up. The last two weeks I wasn't supposed to have duty but because of a damn basketball game, I had to take somebody's duty. I am majorly annoyed because they need to hire more non-jocks to be RAs instead of just one for this stuff. It isn't fair to me since apparently they think I have nothing better to do but cover duties so the jocks can go play games. I've worked more than anybody else this semester and all they say is "don't worry...the season is over in a couple of weeks, then you'll work less." Work less my arse. If a person can't do the job or do duties most of the time, they shouldn't be hired.

What sucks about yesterday is that I had food poisoning and had nobody here to take my duty. I was miserable all day yesterday, but I couldn't do anything about it. Everybody was gone because of a game or some other crap. Oh, I bet if somebody else was sick like that, they make sure somebody else could do it. (Thankfully, I am feeling a little better today).

For the person who asks what activities I put on, I do like bingo or movie nights. I tried to do a poetry night once, but it kind of went through. I wonder why *rolls her eyes*
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Too bad you couldn't skip out and use the excuse that you have to go to the Monopoly playoffs, but they would probably fire you.
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

antisportsgal, you've got nothing to apologize for. Seems like you're having a tough time especially having to take up shifts for those non-shows. If those guys are taken advantage of you couldn't you report it?
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Fat Man wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:I'd also like to add that sports don't need any new fans, as shown by the massive TV ratings the Super Bowl got, and the overall popularity of sports in general.
That's only for the time being.

But more and more of us are coming to our senses, and our numbers are increasing. We are getting tired of the stupidity of sports. Too may housewives and mothers are tired of becoming football widows as their husbands ignore them during football season.

Students in our schools are getting sick and tired of being bullied around by the jocks and they're tired of the school administrators not doing anything about it.

I believe that by the year 2100, there will be so few sports fans that the number of people sitting in the stadiums will only be in the hundreds, the low hundreds.

Then what?

Oh wait! Don't tell me! Let me guess!

All the remaining sports fans will write to Congress, assuming they can read and write that is, or they'll have the coaches do the writing for them, demanding that attendance at sporting events be mandatory, and that we have to pay to attend these sporting events, and if we refuse, you'll have the police go into our homes, and round us up, and take us to the sporting events in handcuffs, and the money we will owe will be taken out of our checks!

I know how you guys think, if one can call that thinking.

Oh boy! I'm really going to love being here at these forums.

I actually hope more jocks or pro-sports fans come here to this forum to debate with us so that I may have the ultimate pleasure of tearing you monkey-boys a new one!!!

But that is highly unlikely since most jocks and sports fans can't read or write anyway.

Gee! I'm really going to love being here! :D
You don't even say anything that is worth responding to. What you speak of is all wishful thinking on your part, and fantasy.

You think kids are going to stop liking sports? Kids like sports, and they grow up to be sports fans. It's a continuous cycle.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: You don't even say anything that is worth responding to. What you speak of is all wishful thinking on your part, and fantasy.

You think kids are going to stop liking sports? Kids like sports, and they grow up to be sports fans. It's a continuous cycle.
Not all kids are going to like sports. Get use to it!

Some kids are going to prefer art or music, and some kids are interested in science and like to work on science projects, and these are the kids who will think sports are boring.

Sorry, JIMBO, but not everybody gets excited over chasing balls. A dog likes to chase a ball, which is no different than playing Fetch The Stick with your dog.

Any simple minded retard gets a big thrill out of chasing a ball, but the more intelligent kids will find it boring, when there are other far more interesting things to do.

I like to play the guitar, so as a kid, I avoided sports because I didn't want to run the risk of injury to my hands. I avoided football because I didn't want to risk brain damage from accidentally running head first into an iron goal post, as I have seen happen to a few jocks.

No, I think it's a lot more fun doing an oil painting, or building a radio controlled flying model plane, or model railroading, or building a Tesla Coil, or going out at night looking at the moon, the planets, and star clusters through a telescope, and the fun of building your own telescope.

Art and music, those are beautiful things!

Astronomy is a beautiful science, exploring the cosmos, the clean smell of cool crisp night air as you're sweeping the sky with a large telescope that you had built yourself.

Football is ugly and repulsive! The strong musky smell of locker rooms! PEEEEEEUUUUUU!

Of course you jocks probably get off on that, but then, I always though that football was a form of homo eroticism, guys dog-piling on an open field, making a public spectacle of themselves. Also, you jocks look ugly in your uniforms, you look like gorillas, those shoulder pads making your shoulders look twice as broad as your hips, and like apes, your arms are longer than your legs. Football players are ugly, and they smell bad!

It is an ugly and repulsive game.

So, there are far more interesting and fun things to do, and compared to them, watching a football game is as about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Only retards get a big thrill out of chasing balls, because they lack the intelligence and the imagination to do anything more complex.

Little things please little minds!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: You don't even say anything that is worth responding to. What you speak of is all wishful thinking on your part, and fantasy.

Not all kids are going to like sports. Get use to it!

Some kids are going to prefer art or music, and some kids are interested in science and like to work on science projects, and these are the kids who will think sports are boring.

Sorry, JIMBO, but not everybody gets excited over chasing balls. A dog likes to chase a ball, which is no different than playing Fetch The Stick with your dog.

Any simple minded retard gets a big thrill out of chasing a ball, but the more intelligent kids will find it boring, when there are other far more interesting things to do.

I like to play the guitar, so as a kid, I avoided sports because I didn't want to run the risk of injury to my hands. I avoided football because I didn't want to risk brain damage from accidentally running head first into an iron goal post, as I have seen happen to a few jocks.

No, I think it's a lot more fun doing an oil painting, or building a radio controlled flying model plane, or model railroading, or building a Tesla Coil, or going out at night looking at the moon, the planets, and star clusters through a telescope, and the fun of building your own telescope.

Art and music, those are beautiful things!

Astronomy is a beautiful science, exploring the cosmos, the clean smell of cool crisp night air as you're sweeping the sky with a large telescope that you had built yourself.

Football is ugly and repulsive! The strong musky smell of locker rooms! PEEEEEEUUUUUU!

Of course you jocks probably get off on that, but then, I always though that football was a form of homo eroticism, guys dog-piling on an open field, making a public spectacle of themselves. Also, you jocks look ugly in your uniforms, you look like gorillas, those shoulder pads making your shoulders look twice as broad as your hips, and like apes, your arms are longer than your legs. Football players are ugly, and they smell bad!

It is an ugly and repulsive game.

So, there are far more interesting and fun things to do, and compared to them, watching a football game is as about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Only retards get a big thrill out of chasing balls, because they lack the intelligence and the imagination to do anything more complex.

Little things please little minds!
Ok, you don't like football. Great. No one really cares if you like football or not. Clearly alot of people do. And you say no smart people enjoy football? Because several of our presidents have been college football players. Myron Rolle, a football player at Florida State, recieved a Rhodes Scholarship, and he is only one of several colliegete football players to do so. And you say football is homo-erotic, however you're the one judgimg the appearence of other men. Hypocritical much?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote: Ok, you don't like football. Great. No one really cares if you like football or not. Clearly alot of people do. And you say no smart people enjoy football? Because several of our presidents have been college football players. Myron Rolle, a football player at Florida State, recieved a Rhodes Scholarship, and he is only one of several colliegete football players to do so. And you say football is homo-erotic, however you're the one judgimg the appearence of other men. Hypocritical much?
Yeah, some of our Presidents played football, but they did not make a career out of it, else they would not have gone on to become president.

Some our our astronauts played football, but they too did not make a career out of it either, and went on to something much better.

To them, football was ONLY A GAME, and nothing more, because they knew there were much greater things to achieve than playing football.

The Astronomer, Edwin Hubble, when he was in law school, he was a middle heavyweight boxer, but only for a couple of years. He found law school to be boring, he lost interest in boxing, and continued his education in science instead to become a professional Astronomer.

Professional football players do not last very long. They are over-the-hill by the time they're in their 40s and then, they are too broken down to play football anymore, and if they did not get enough of an education, they end up tending bar or bagging groceries. What a bunch of loooooooooosers!!!

Also, most jocks, and sports fans, they think (if you can call it thinking) that anyone who does not like football is a sissy, or unmanly, or unpatriotic, and in our schools, the jocks like to harass the other students, and they get away with it.

You know, I once played a little bit of baseball during a family picnic. There were three or four families there, so we got out a ball and a bat, and we had fun. But to us, it was only a game. Some of the kids were only about 6 or 7 years old, so it was a mixture of kids and adults playing baseball during a picnic. Some of them were good players, and some of them not-so-good at playing baseball, but we did not make fun or tease those who were not-so-good at the game. We were only playing the game, just for fun, and people need to realize that IT IS ONLY A GAME!

But you jocks, and redneck sports fans, you take a simple thing like a game, whether it be baseball, or basketball, or football, and you make a freaking religion out of it, and football players and football fans are the very worse when it come to that sort of thing.

When I say that I don't like football, and I never watch the game on TV, you all go into shock, and you react as though I had committed an act of blasphemy against your religion, or that I'm a pinko, a commie, or a subversive, that I'm un-patriotic just because I say I don't like football!

Like, come on!

You redneck sports fans seriously need to get a life!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:
lmc850 wrote: Ok, you don't like football. Great. No one really cares if you like football or not. Clearly alot of people do. And you say no smart people enjoy football? Because several of our presidents have been college football players. Myron Rolle, a football player at Florida State, recieved a Rhodes Scholarship, and he is only one of several colliegete football players to do so. And you say football is homo-erotic, however you're the one judgimg the appearence of other men. Hypocritical much?
Yeah, some of our Presidents played football, but they did not make a career out of it, else they would not have gone on to become president.

Some our our astronauts played football, but they too did not make a career out of it either, and went on to something much better.

To them, football was ONLY A GAME, and nothing more, because they knew there were much greater things to achieve than playing football.

The Astronomer, Edwin Hubble, when he was in law school, he was a middle heavyweight boxer, but only for a couple of years. He found law school to be boring, he lost interest in boxing, and continued his education in science instead to become a professional Astronomer.

Professional football players do not last very long. They are over-the-hill by the time they're in their 40s and then, they are too broken down to play football anymore, and if they did not get enough of an education, they end up tending bar or bagging groceries. What a bunch of loooooooooosers!!!

Also, most jocks, and sports fans, they think (if you can call it thinking) that anyone who does not like football is a sissy, or unmanly, or unpatriotic, and in our schools, the jocks like to harass the other students, and they get away with it.

You know, I once played a little bit of baseball during a family picnic. There were three or four families there, so we got out a ball and a bat, and we had fun. But to us, it was only a game. Some of the kids were only about 6 or 7 years old, so it was a mixture of kids and adults playing baseball during a picnic. Some of them were good players, and some of them not-so-good at playing baseball, but we did not make fun or tease those who were not-so-good at the game. We were only playing the game, just for fun, and people need to realize that IT IS ONLY A GAME!

But you jocks, and redneck sports fans, you take a simple thing like a game, whether it be baseball, or basketball, or football, and you make a freaking religion out of it, and football players and football fans are the very worse when it come to that sort of thing.

When I say that I don't like football, and I never watch the game on TV, you all go into shock, and you react as though I had committed an act of blasphemy against your religion, or that I'm a pinko, a commie, or a subversive, that I'm un-patriotic just because I say I don't like football!

Like, come on!

You redneck sports fans seriously need to get a life!
Actually, most sports fans do realize that sports are, as you said, only a game. No one is making a religion about it (There is, however, a religion based on a series of science-fiction books by L. Ron Hubbard. Shouldn't you be pissed about that?). Also, you seemed to ignore me when I said no one cares if you like football or not. No one thinks any less of you because you don't like football, but you seem to think less of people who do.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote:Actually, most sports fans do realize that sports are, as you said, only a game. No one is making a religion about it (There is, however, a religion based on a series of science-fiction books by L. Ron Hubbard. Shouldn't you be pissed about that?). Also, you seemed to ignore me when I said no one cares if you like football or not. No one thinks any less of you because you don't like football, but you seem to think less of people who do.
Yeah, I know Ron L. Hubbard is a crackpot, so I say, fuck him!

Anyway . . . . .

There was one time when I told someone that I didn't like football. All he wanted to do was was talk about football all the time, and I found it boring.

I wasn't rude to him, I just politely told him, I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested in football. Could we please talk about something else?

He got violent and hostile toward me and almost beat the crap out of me, just simply because I said the I was not interested in football.

So, I let him have it across the teeth with my cane. Yes, I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and I walk with a cane, and he physically attacked me because all I said was that I was not interested in football, and I was forced to defend myself.

Some sports fans are low-life cowards who will even attack a cripple if he says he doesn't like football!

I rest my case!

And you can take that to the bank! JIMBO!!!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:
lmc850 wrote:Actually, most sports fans do realize that sports are, as you said, only a game. No one is making a religion about it (There is, however, a religion based on a series of science-fiction books by L. Ron Hubbard. Shouldn't you be pissed about that?). Also, you seemed to ignore me when I said no one cares if you like football or not. No one thinks any less of you because you don't like football, but you seem to think less of people who do.
Yeah, I know Ron L. Hubbard is a crackpot, so I say, fuck him!

Anyway . . . . .

There was one time when I told someone that I didn't like football. All he wanted to do was was talk about football all the time, and I found it boring.

I wasn't rude to him, I just politely told him, I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested in football. Could we please talk about something else?

He got violent and hostile toward me and almost beat the crap out of me, just simply because I said the I was not interested in football.

So, I let him have it across the teeth with my cane. Yes, I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and I walk with a cane, and he physically attacked me because all I said was that I was not interested in football, and I was forced to defend myself.

Some sports fans are low-life cowards who will even attack a cripple if he says he doesn't like football!

I rest my case!

And you can take that to the bank! JIMBO!!!
1. I doubt the truth of that story.
2. If it was true, I'm not sure what it proves. Yes, there are assholes that like football. There are plenty of people who are assholes who don't care for football, or any sport for that matter (Jeff Dahmer, anyone?).
3. Having arthritis does not make you a cripple
4. My name isn't Jimbo. Nice try though.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote: 1. I doubt the truth of that story.
2. If it was true, I'm not sure what it proves. Yes, there are assholes that like football. There are plenty of people who are assholes who don't care for football, or any sport for that matter (Jeff Dahmer, anyone?).
1.) The story is true, unfortunately, though I wish it wasn't.

2.) O J Simpson, anyone?

3.) I walk with a cane, therefore I'm a crip!

4.) Well, you sound like a JIMBO to me! JIMBO!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Fat Man wrote:

2.) O J Simpson, anyone?

Yes, O.J Simpson is an asshole. He is not an asshole because of football. He is an asshole who happened to be a great football player at one point. Thats why I said there are assholes that play football.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

lmc850 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

2.) O J Simpson, anyone?

Yes, O.J Simpson is an asshole. He is not an asshole because of football. He is an asshole who happened to be a great football player at one point. Thats why I said there are assholes that play football.
Yes, most football players are assholes! Most sports fans are assholes!

But those among us, who don't like football, we are NOT assholes! We are intellectuals, or just ordinary people who have more important things to worry about in our day to day lives, things that are far more important than football.

And we are board to death with how sports takes over TV, and robs us of our entertainment. There are some days when there is almost nothing but sports when we want to wacth something else.

So, you are all assholes taking over everything!

Therefore, you're an asshole! JIMBO!

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

[/quote]
Yes, most football players are assholes! Most sports fans are assholes!

But those among us, who don't like football, we are NOT assholes! We are intellectuals, or just ordinary people who have more important things to worry about in our day to day lives, things that are far more important than football.

And we are board to death with how sports takes over TV, and robs us of our entertainment. There are some days when there is almost nothing but sports when we want to wacth something else.

So, you are all assholes taking over everything!

Therefore, you're an asshole! JIMBO![/quote]

You know this for a fact? You've gone around the entire world and talked to every single sports fan and you have found that most of them are assholes? And how have sports fans "taken over everything"? There are three or four stations on regular cable T.V. Sometimes sports are broadcast on news stations, but there never has been, nor will there ever be a day when there is nothing but sports on T.V.
And as I said, there are many intellectuals who enjoy football. As I previously mentioned, Myron Rolle, who is probably ten times smarter than you, is going to make a career out of football.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Case in point about sports fans being assholes; see previous post.
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."