Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
xray

Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

Post by xray »

I know alot of people who spent tons of money going out and wasting there hard earned money during these tough financial times just to cheer on a losing Philadelphia football team.Sure they may have injected money into the economy by feeding the already fat cats that prey on the ignorant sports fan but those kids and wives will suffer later in the month because Daddy spent too much money having a football party or sitting at the bar yelling like a maniac at a football team of millionaires while they followed whatever choreographed orders from the fat cats in the owners box relayed to the field for their financial benefit.Why elese would they pay these overgrown undereducated poor speaking bad rolemodels to our children for.This is a farce none of our kids from the neighborhood will ever go pro.Just false dreams injected into the population to spur sales of "authorized " sports products like Official shirts and balls. I wish families would take that kind of time to inject good solid work habits into our kids so they are not burdens on society later.Who cares if they can catch a ball!! Can the kids spell or balance their checkbook or have the ability to speak to another person without looking like a fool.Alot of kids dont because they are ushered through school on a sports wing just because they can chase a stupid ball.And a note to the eagles fans Dont cry when you run tight on bill money later in the month becasue its your fault not the economy .You pissed the money away! Should have taken your kids to a museum or a nature walk and learned something worth while!!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

replied to this post in the main forum already, so I have just one thing to say.

How are sports fixed? Please explain in detail.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I think what he was saying was that sports are an artificial opiate. They pacify the masses and give them hope when in reality sports are a hollow facade whose sole purpose is to make money for rich people and corporations. And only fools would pay to watch other guys throw a ball around and have fun.

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

During the decline of the Roman Empire, before it's eventual fall, the ruling class offered the peasants free bread and circuses, meaning the opportunity to watch violent sports for entertainment.

Learn from history, and notice how civilizations, before they fall, the people become more and more obsessed with violent sports.

Look at what's happening today. Look how fans react violently when their favorite team loses the big game of the season.

They even riot in the streets after their favorite team wins.

Bread and circuses anyone???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!