Just had a revelation...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Millhouse

Just had a revelation...

Post by Millhouse »

...or I should say, another one, about sports tards.

Sports tards take sports way too personally. Yes, we've said many times it's a religion, but ... broken down even further, I was reading the ex_fan thread further down the front page and reading about how a sports tard called him a 'traitor' for losing interest in sports.

Know how I can back this assertion? Look at the typical behavior of any jock who decides to make his first post here and take the Road of the Asshole.

"Hurr hurr, you guys just hate because you sucked at sports as a kid and now you're pissed off at the world", etc., etc., ad nauseum. Ho hum.

Point is, they start with nary a single logical (and worthwhile) argument, they start with personal ad hominem attacks.

Then, of course, we all look at each other like a fraternity of folks running a hardware store when a customer walks in, saying to each other "You wanna get it?" "Nah, you go ahead, I talked to the last one..." :P
Mohammad

Re: Just had a revelation...

Post by Mohammad »

"Hurr hurr, you guys just hate because you sucked at sports as a kid and now you're pissed off at the world", etc., etc., ad nauseum. Ho hum.
Lol, I remember people telling me those things ever since I was enlightened. The only flaw to their argument is - despite my liberation from the sports cult and entering the real planet - that I was one of the best sports players in my school years. When people use that argument, it's just silly. Infact, they are insulting their own kind. There are many athletes who suck and never got close to winning a single competition, yet they still continued loving sports and treated it like an addiction. And there are people like Agassi who played tennis and was the best of his time, yet in his book he revealed how much he hated playing the game and that he only did it for the money and to make his dad proud. But sadly, not everyone reads...