Banning PE

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Banning PE

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:We live in America, where people choose what they want to do with their lives.
When I was in high school, I wanted to study science.

But the high school's science teacher was also the school's football coach.

During football season, he was to fucking busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons to be teaching my science class!

So, instead, he set up a film projector and turned off the lights, walked out of the classroom, leaving us all to sit in the dark, watching a bunch of stupid cartoons.

I was lousy at sports. At the age of 4, I was in a car accident and my left knee was injured. So, as a kid, I walked with a limp, and I was unable to run like the other kids.

I was once suspended from school after I failed to climb a stupid rope in a gymnasium. Never mind that I was unable to climb the rope because of my crippled left knee, I was still suspended.

In the 5th grade, my teacher was really Gung Ho when it came to sports and teaching PE, and one day, while he was teaching us basketball, I mad a mistake, I can't recall what it was because I don't know jack-shit about basketball. He grabbed the basketball away from me, and punched me in the stomach with it as hard as he could, and it seem like forever before I could catch my breath again. He always liked to humiliate me in front of the other students.

Then one day, our class went to the school library, and all the other kids were allowed to check out any book they wanted. Well, I saw this one Astronomy book that I wanted to check out, and he would no allow me to have it.

When I asked him why the other kids were allowed to check out any book they wanted, and why I was not, he dragged me out into the hallway, grabbed me by the shoulders, pushed me backwards, bashing me head up against the corner of the concrete block wall.

For years afterward, during my teen ages years, I had dizzy spells and headaches. The following year, that teacher was fired, and was unable to get a teaching job anywhere else.

My mother taught me how to read and write before I started school, and by the time I was only in the 3rd grade, I was already reading at adult level. When I was 13, I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

You say, that in America, we are free to choose what we want to do with our lives?

BULLSHIT! BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!

I was denied a decent education in school, because all they care about was sports.

Football, and all sports is nothing but Fascism, pure and simple!

Where is my freedom???

I certainly didn't have to freedom to choose what I wanted to do with my life!

Now, tell me another fairy tale!!!
You should let go of some of your anger. All of your posts are just long drawn out rants about essentially nothing. One isolated situation doesn't mean anything.
NOTHING??? Did you say NOTHING???

Getting my head bashed against a concrete block wall! You call that NOTHING???

After that, I had dizzy spells and headaches during my teen age years, and it was to due a severe concussion. I could have easily died from it, mother-fucker!!!

Getting punched in the stomach with a basketball! You call the NOTHING???

Getting suspended because I failed to climb a rope in a gymnasium! You call the NOTHING???

Being denied a decent education! You call the NOTHING???

It wasn't just one isolated incident, but an ongoing menagerie of zoo tramps posing as teachers!

GO FUCK YOURSELF! JIMBO!!!

How would you like to come to where I live so I can give you NOTHING across the teeth with my cane! You will be sucking NOTHING but mush through a straw for the rest of you life!

And you can take that to the fucking bank!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

As a newcomer I feel compelled to enter this forum because its topic is of deep personal concern to me. So that you will know my own point of view, I am a middle-aged man who has been working on a bodybuilding program at a health club for about a year and a half. The experience has been very beneficial, and I've definitely made a long-term commitment to attaining and maintaining a level of physical fitness.

I'm not going to engage in any name-calling, but I will be blunt when I have to. I probably will manage to offend both sides. I don't like the petition's wording "Ban PE from the required classes to graduate." This issue is not trivial to me, because it concerns the unjustified mistreatment of kids. I would have worded the petition as follows: "PE should be an elective, not mandatory." I favor traditional PE for athletic kids and all the other kids who want to take PE with them. I have no problem with this at all. But I am ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to forcing nonathletically inclined boys, especially those who are scrawny or fat, to take PE. The physical fitness needs of these boys are ignored, because the REAL purpose of PE is to promote sports, not physical fitness. I'll have a lot more to say about this later.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

wmwcjr wrote:As a newcomer I feel compelled to enter this forum because its topic is of deep personal concern to me. So that you will know my own point of view, I am a middle-aged man who has been working on a bodybuilding program at a health club for about a year and a half. The experience has been very beneficial, and I've definitely made a long-term commitment to attaining and maintaining a level of physical fitness.

I'm not going to engage in any name-calling, but I will be blunt when I have to. I probably will manage to offend both sides. I don't like the petition's wording "Ban PE from the required classes to graduate." This issue is not trivial to me, because it concerns the unjustified mistreatment of kids. I would have worded the petition as follows: "PE should be an elective, not mandatory." I favor traditional PE for athletic kids and all the other kids who want to take PE with them. I have no problem with this at all. But I am ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to forcing nonathletically inclined boys, especially those who are scrawny or fat, to take PE. The physical fitness needs of these boys are ignored, because the REAL purpose of PE is to promote sports, not physical fitness. I'll have a lot more to say about this later.
Good evening.

I'm also middle aged, 57 years old.

Well, I'm for banning mandatory PE from our schools, because young boys who are not athletically inclined are often humiliated in PE classes.

I'm also not athletically inclined. To promote physical fitness, such programs need to be tailored for the individual according to his abilities.

I'm one of the fat ones, which is obvious from my photo in my avatar. I'm 5 feet 6 inches and I now weigh about 400 pounds.

OK, back in 1978 when I was gong to NMSU, New Mexico State University, I was majoring in Astronomy and Physics, but because I did not learn jack-shit from high school, I had to take Algebra Review and Geometry Review which were high school level courses in math. I passed both of them, making a B, and in 1978 I was taking three more math courses in trigonometry, and one was a pre-calculus course. I needed to concentrate more on math, so I didn't want to take a bunch of other courses that would require more homework, because I needed to concentrate on improving my math skills. I made a B in all three math courses.

That semester, I did take two PE courses, a couple of easy-ass courses that would not require that I be good at running, or playing games, but something that I could do at my own pace.

So, I took Golf, and weight training. Well, I sucked at Golf! Out of 30 other students, I was the only left-handed Golfer, and it was hard for me to search through the bin to find all the left-handed clubs that I needed. I also had a hard time swinging the clubs because of my rather stout body, so I only mad a C in Golf. My Golf instructor called me Hefty Lefty because I was the fattest one in my class, and the only left-handed one.

The weight training turned out to be easier. In fact, I actually enjoyed pumping iron, and I didn't have to compete against anybody else, I was there to improve on my own abilities. It was more than just a PE course. We had to attend classes on Human Anatomy, so it was also like a science class as well, and the instructor was really cool.

Back then, I was the heaviest student in my class of 25 other students. At the time, I weighed about 270 pounds, and they took our measurements at the beginning of the semester. I had the largest waist, hip, and thighs measurements but another student had the largest chest and arm measurements.

My favorite exercise was the leg press. When I first started, I was leg pressing about 300 pounds which was more than i had weighed at the time. but after only 5 weeks, I got to where I could leg press 650 pounds, which was the entire stack of irons on the leg press machine. I know that I could have done more.

But when it came to bench pressing, lifting a barbell with my hands, I started out at 100 pounds, and it was not until toward the end of the semester that I was able to bench press 150 pounds.

Another student who weighed a lot less than I did, about 230 pounds, he was able to bench press more than his own weight at 250 pounds. His chest and arms were much bigger than mine, but I was the only one in my class who could leg press the entire stack of irons at 650 pounds. The other student could only do about 400 pounds.

Well, I'm what you would call an Endomorph. An Ectomorph is tall and slender, a Mesomorph has the typical athletic build, broad in the chest, and narrow in the hips, while we Endomorphs tend to be small in the chest and broader in the hips, and our arms and legs are shorter in proportion to our height.

I'm 66 inches tall, and with most guys my height, the torso length from shoulder to crotch is usually about 23 inches and the crotch height or leg length is about 32 inches, so normally the legs are longer then the torso length.

But with us Endomorphs, the torso length is longer and the legs are shorter so the the torso length and leg length are approximately equal.

But when I was measured, my torso length from shoulder to crotch is 30 inches, and my legs are only 26 inches long, so my legs are shorter than my torso length, having an even bigger body with even shorter limbs, so I'm what I like to call, Hyper-endomorphic. When I sit down next to somebody who is taller then I am, I usually sit up higher because of my longer torso and when I sit down next to somebody shorter than I am, that person's knees sticks out further than mine because that other person has longer legs.

So, I have seen people shorter than I am who's legs are longer than mine, and people taller then I am with a torso length shorter than mine.

Also, men tend to have more upper-body strength, while women tend to have more lower-body strength.

But we fat little Hyper-endomorphic, somewhat pear-shaped males, we have more in common with women than we do with other men, being smaller in the chest and broader in the hips, we tend to have more lower-body strength.

To give you and idea what I mean. I only measure about 56 inches around my chest, 64 inches around my waist, and 70 inches around my hips with 36 inch thighs.

Anyway, that semester, after pumping iron, I did manage to lose about an inch from my waist while adding 3 inches to my chest, and 2 inches to my upper arms. But I added 4 inches to my hips and 3 inches to my thighs. I didn't lose any weight. In fact, I gained weight, going up from 270 pound to 285 pounds.

But then, we Endomorphs are very good at gaining weight. That is what we do best, whether it be gaining fat from the foods we eat, or gaining muscle from pumping iron, we can do both, and we do it very well, thank you!

So, the weight I gained was probably muscle from pumping iron because my strength, especially in my legs increased, but I didn't lose any fat.

My PE instructor took me aside for a private talk, and he actually said the he was amazed at the progress I made when it came to increasing my strength, and he said that I could build up a fantastic body, but if only I would come out from under all the
"baby fat" as he put it.

But I was honest with him, and I told him that I was not interested in getting "six-pack abs" but that I only wanted to build up my muscles and strength while keeping the fat, because I like having the softer more rounded out appearance, and the fat make me feel more comfortable.

He then asked me if I was trying to go Sumo or something, and I said, "Hey! Now that sounds like a really cool idea!" and he just shook his head and said "I give up!"
and walked away!

Well, anyway, I did make a B in that PE course. He was the first and only PE instructor that I thought was cool. And it was very scientific, because we were issued text books on human biology and anatomy, and we had to study those text books.

My PE instructor was actually envious of me, because while he was able to build up the muscles in his chest and arms, he was never able to build up his leg muscles. He was broad in the chest with big biceps, but he had skinny legs. His legs were strong, he was able to increase the strength of his leg muscles, but not the size. I guess it has something to do with genetics.

He also mentioned to me, privately, that the students that were more Endomorphic were actually his favorite, even more so than the Mesomorphic one's that were actually more athletic and more muscular.

To him, we Endomorphs are amazing. We are naturally soft and weak to begin with, but after weight training we Endomorphs can become amazingly strong. We are lousy runners and lousy jumpers, because we are heavy and slow moving, but with the right amount of weight training we can become amazingly strong.

The largest Mesomorph I have ever seen, broad in the chest, and narrow in the hips, weighed just over 400 pounds.

Sumo wrestlers, on the other hand, are soft round Endomorphs, but they can pack a lot of muscle under the fat, and the largest Sumo Wrestler I have ever seen was about 6 feet 2 inches and weighed over 700 pounds. He was obvious not immobile as most obese people who weigh that much tend to be. We Endomorphs can get really huge, some of us setting world's records for weight.

Mesomorphs are just naturally muscular. We Endomorphs have to work at it, but then when it comes to strength, we can eventually out-do the Mesomorphs while still looking soft and round on the outside.

I like being an Endomorph, because our outward appearance can be very deceptive. You see somebody who looks like a soft and weak cream-puff on the outside, but he could be packing a lot of muscle under the fat. My upper body is weak, but with either one of my short fat little legs, I could probably kick a door off of it's hinges and send it flying across the room.

Yeah, as you had said . . . . .
. . . "I am ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to forcing non athletically inclined boys, especially those who are scrawny or fat, to take PE. The physical fitness needs of these boys are ignored, because the REAL purpose of PE is to promote sports, not physical fitness."
On this I agree.

PE should never be made mandatory. As I has said, the first, and only PE course that I actually enjoyed was when I was in collage taking a course in weight training. I was able to work at my own pace, and I did not have to compete against anybody else, only that I could work on improving myself, and if somebody was stronger, to me that was no big deal.

Well, it did kind of even out, because by the end of the semester, one student had the strongest arms and the strongest upper-body, while I had the strongest legs and the strongest lower-body.

Of course, I wasn't the only Endomorph in my class, but I was the only one that I would classify as Hyper-endomorphic, meaning that my legs were shorter than my torso length. At least, that is my own term for it.

Anyway, there is a difference between PE in Collage and PE in high school or elementary school. In Collage PE, you do have a choice to be in something competitive or not, and you can choose something that you can do at your own pace.

Because I'm a slow and heavy Endomorph, I will never be a fast runner, or a high jumper. In fact, I actually don't walk, I waddle, like an obese little penguin because of my larger heavy body and short fat legs.

When it comes to swimming, I'm not built for speed, but I do have endurance and I can swim for a long distance, but, just at a slower pace. But then, we fat little Endomorphs can float, and we can stand swimming in colder temperatures.

If they are going to insist on having PE in high school, then they should have some PE classes designed for the thin scrawny students and the fat students in mind, it should be an individual thing, and not mandatory.

I say, either do it right, or not at all!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man, I appreciate your quick response to my post, although I wasn't expecting anyone in particular. I agree with you completely. (In case you haven't already read them, I've posted four letters in the "Letters 2009" section in which I present my own personal argument against mandatory PE.) The only reason I didn't want to use the word "ban" or "banning" was because I didn't want to give the false impression that we favored taking sports lovers' PE classes away from them.

Bullying is a great concern of mine. I was bullied for years when I was a kid. At just about every junior high and high school in this country, there seems to be more bullying in the PE classes than in all the academic classes combined. Nonathletic kids have been treated shamefully in PE classes for generations. There is no justification for this whatsoever. The emotional scars last for years. The Phys Ed establishment has a lot to answer for.

I found your comments about your own weight training experience to be fascinating. I seem to be somewhere between the Ectomorph and the Mesomorph body types. My health club experience has been great. When I started, I weighed 165 pounds. Last month I weighed 183. Most of the gain has been due to increased muscle mass. When I started, my pecs were shriveled and drooping. I was afraid that they had sustained structural damage. Not anymore! I have worked with three different physical trainers. (Individually, of course. There has been a job turnover.) Considering how lousy my school PE experience was, this supportive arrangement has been downright therapeutic. Even though I'm a nonathlete, each one of them has respected me as an individual; and they've enjoyed having me as a client because I would always do my best and worked very hard. They all have been great guys. One of them, without any prompting from me, even said that some athletes were "meatheads."

I've needed to exercise because I have diabetes. But I've also had horrendously low self-esteem because I was physically weak and undeveloped. I am NOT making a statement against physically weak men. In fact, I deeply resent calling physically weak boys and men wimps, as some (if not most) of the haters of this website do. There is no connection at all between physical strength (or athletic prowess) and moral courage. Some very athletic men are wimps in the moral sense of the word. My former best friend ended up falling into this category. I saw it happen.

Fat Man, you are lucky that you are comfortable with your own body. A lot of us men can't say that about ourselves (including yours truly).

I'll have a lot more to say later. Good morning.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Fat Man, I appreciate your quick response to my post, although I wasn't expecting anyone in particular. I agree with you completely. (In case you haven't already read them, I've posted four letters in the "Letters 2009" section in which I present my own personal argument against mandatory PE.) The only reason I didn't want to use the word "ban" or "banning" was because I didn't want to give the false impression that we favored taking sports lovers' PE classes away from them.

Bullying is a great concern of mine. I was bullied for years when I was a kid. At just about every junior high and high school in this country, there seems to be more bullying in the PE classes than in all the academic classes combined. Nonathletic kids have been treated shamefully in PE classes for generations. There is no justification for this whatsoever. The emotional scars last for years. The Phys Ed establishment has a lot to answer for.

I found your comments about your own weight training experience to be fascinating. I seem to be somewhere between the Ectomorph and the Mesomorph body types. My health club experience has been great. When I started, I weighed 165 pounds. Last month I weighed 183. Most of the gain has been due to increased muscle mass. When I started, my pecs were shriveled and drooping. I was afraid that they had sustained structural damage. Not anymore! I have worked with three different physical trainers. (Individually, of course. There has been a job turnover.) Considering how lousy my school PE experience was, this supportive arrangement has been downright therapeutic. Even though I'm a nonathlete, each one of them has respected me as an individual; and they've enjoyed having me as a client because I would always do my best and worked very hard. They all have been great guys. One of them, without any prompting from me, even said that some athletes were "meatheads."

I've needed to exercise because I have diabetes. But I've also had horrendously low self-esteem because I was physically weak and undeveloped. I am NOT making a statement against physically weak men. In fact, I deeply resent calling physically weak boys and men wimps, as some (if not most) of the haters of this website do. There is no connection at all between physical strength (or athletic prowess) and moral courage. Some very athletic men are wimps in the moral sense of the word. My former best friend ended up falling into this category. I saw it happen.

Fat Man, you are lucky that you are comfortable with your own body. A lot of us men can't say that about ourselves (including yours truly).

I'll have a lot more to say later. Good morning.
Good afternoon Earl.

Yeah, I'm not exactly in favor of a total ban, but only that PE is no longer a mandatory requirement in our elementary and high schools, and even in collage.

I understand that many people are concerned about "physical fitness" and that because of the "obesity epidemic" that young people are not getting enough exercise. Well, I did get plenty of exercise as a kid, I liked riding my bicycle, sometimes peddling for a distance of 10 miles away from the small town where I lived up in Minnesota at the time.

I also like hiking into the woods behind our property. I had a Gilbert Microscope & Lab Kit, and I would hike into the woods to collect specimens to study under my microscope. The railroad tracks ran parallel to my neighborhood behind our back yards, and I would walk along the tracks picking wild raspberries and blueberries that grew along the track, or I would go into the woods to pick wild rhubarb.

There was a dry creak bed that one had to cross before going into the woods, and I even built a foot bridge over the creak bed because it would fill with water during the summer rains.

My family eventually moved down to New Mexico because my mother had asthma and her doctor thought the climate would be better for her. I was fascinated by all the strange desert plants, especially the cactus, and I would hike into the desert to pick cactus fruit.

So, I got plenty of exercise on my own as a kid. I didn't need PE. The exercise I did was fun, and I could proceed at my own pace. I was in a car accident at the age of 4 and as a result, my left knee was crippled up, so as a kid, I was unable to run, and I walked with a limp, but that didn't stop me from hiking into the woods, or into the desert, and even climbing rocks.

But despite the exercise, I still got fat. I gained a lot of weight during my teen ages years going from 105 pounds at the age of 13 to well over 200 pounds by age 15, and I stopped growing at age 15 at 5 feet 7 inches. Our family doctor said that I had stunted my growth because of the rapid weight gain, doubling my weight in just 2 years! I'm now 5 feet 6 inches at age 57 because I had lost an inch from my height. By the time I was 17, I weighed over 250 pounds, and I was 29 when I hit the big three-double-oh for the first time.

My younger brother who was always skinny, continued to grow until about the age of 19 when he reached 5 feet 11 inches, so he became much taller than I was. My youngest sister was about 5 feet 5 inches and 130 pounds.

Although I was the oldest of three kids in my family, my mother would sometimes say to other people "This is Gerald, my oldest child, but he's 'the baby' of the family!" that was because I was the only really fat one in my family. My mother was only slightly overweight during her 40s and 50s but then she became thin during her 60s. Anyway, I was her favorite, and I actually liked it when she said called me "the baby" in the family. I didn't mind since I was her favorite.

My younger brother now looks much older than I do, he is still thin, and he has high blood pressure and high cholesterol, where as I, despite my obesity at 400 pounds, my blood pressure is normal, usually around 106/65 and my cholesterol is actually lower then normal. My body temperature is lower than the normal 98.6 degrees, usually around 96.5 to 97. 5, and when I sleep, it sometime drops as low as 95 degrees. Now that usually indicated hypo-thyroid, but I have been tested for that, and my thyroid levels are in the normal range, at the lower end of the normal range, but still normal. Also, my pulse rate is usually in the 60s and when I'm sleeping it gets as low as 58. When I sleep, I almost go into hibernation. I'm just a slow moving fat little Endomorph, or what I like to call, Hyper-endomorphic because of my legs being shorter than my torso length.

Now, getting back to the subject of PE in our schools. . . . . . .

I had thought about having PE classes broken up into different groups, one class for the frail skinny Ectomorphic kids, another one for us soft round little Endomorphs. But then, I think, no dice, because the super jocks who are stronger and more athletic would make fun of those of us in the special PE classes.

On the other hand, if the jocks think ( if you can call it thinking) that they can make fun of the students in Special PE Classes, then we could just as easily turn around and make fun of the jocks, saying that they should be in Remedial Special ED Classes for the retards! Or better still, we could say to them, that the only reason why there are any jocks in high school is because the Kindergartens don't have football teams.

Anyway, what I like about Collage is that you can choose which PE course to take, one for your own abilities. It can Archery or golf, or in some Universities even Fencing, something that would be fun to do. Sports is suppose to be fun, and not a freaking religion as football has become.

Well, in my case, I did enjoy pumping iron. That is the best exercise for us chubby little Endomorphs. Also, because I'm an Endomorph, I know that I will never have "six-pack-abs" that I would always have a more soft and rounded out appearance, or what is known as being a "muscle chub" which is just fine with me.

I came across this web site on diet and exercise at:

http://www.projectswole.com/weight-trai ... endomorph/

Let me quote something that they had to say about us Endomorphs. It's actually quite positive in a way.
Endomorph Body Type

â??Hey fatty, having trouble getting lean?â? You donâ??t want to say this to an Endomorph because most likely he is stronger than you and will either crush you with his fist or sit on you. This body type is more likely to gain fat but is also more likely to be big, strong, and large boned. Endomorphs usually have a soft and squashy appearance, and they have much tougher time losing fat than the other two body types. The most can be made of this body type with a dedicated workout routine, and a dedicated nutrition plan. It is not that bad to be a big fat guy, as long as you know how to turn it into a jacked, ripped, son of a bitch through diet and exercise.
I have noticed that a lot of these web sites have a more positive attitude toward the Endomorphic body type, even though it might include a little bit of humorous teasing, calling us fatties and all that, but at the same time, offering words of encouragement for the Endomorph.

Ectomorphs can sometime be overweight, but the fat usually settles in the belly only, so you see a lot of guys with fat beer bellies but they are still skinny everywhere else, having skinny legs and skinny arms. It's mostly visceral fat that collect around the internal organs which is very bad. Some doctors refer to these people as TOFIs meaning Thin Outside Fat Inside.

Mesomorphs are more likely to become overweight then Ectomorphs, but then most of the fat collects on the upper body, so they tend to be more apple-shaped which is also not good, because it also means more visceral fat collecting on the internal organs.

But Ectomorphs and Mesomorphs find it a lot easier to lose the extra fat.

But for us Endomorphs, well, obesity belongs to us. We handle it better. It is our soul province, because we tend to be more pear-shaped, or more proportional with the fat more evenly distributed. We have mostly subcutaneous fat that collects just under the skin and less visceral fat around the internal organs. Subcutaneous fat is relatively harmless compared to visceral fat. Having a big fat ass and fat thighs won't kill you. It's the upper-body fat you have to worry about.

As for me, I'm more proportional while being slightly pear-shaped. Also, lower-body fat is a lot harder to lose, but it's also safer to carry around. So, it's a trade-off. We Endomorphs gain fat (and muscle) more easily, and have the greatest difficulty trying to lose the fat. Some of us can't lose the fat no matter how much we exercise, not even at gun point. For us Endomorphs, exercise only bulks up our muscles so that when pumping iron, getting plenty of exercise, we still wind up getting heavier on the scale, and for some of us, the more we exercise, the heavier we get. We are real scale busters!

When I was pumping iron in collage, our instructor had us design our own exercise programs according to our body types. He recognized that each individual was unique, and that what might work for one person, may not work for another person.

Yes, he did say that he would have liked to see me become more "ripped" having sharper definition, but he understood that I was happier being a "muscle chub" instead. One does not have to be thin, or ripped, to be physically fit. Even us fat little Endomorphs can still be physically fit, and my instructor even said that we fat guys can really kick ass!

My instructor really liked working with us Endomorphs. We were his favorite. Mesomorphs are a dime a dozen, because they are just naturally more athletic, more muscular, being broad in the chest, and narrow in the hips, while Mesomorphic women tend to have the classic hour-glass shape.

But we Endomorphs are special. We may start out looking like soft and weak little cream-puffs, but we can actually gain muscle mass even more easily than Mesomorphs, along with gaining generous amounts of fat more easily as well. We Endomorphs are mean little gaining machines when it comes to both fat and muscle.

The challenge is controlling the fat while adding muscles, but we Endomorphs seem to like doing both. So, for any PE instructor who would like to see us add lots of muscle, he's going to have to realize that the fat comes with the muscles.

But as I have said, Collage PE is usually different from high school PE. In our high school, PE can really be the pits. In fact, some high school PE classes are so far down in the gutter you have to look up to see the pits.

Here is an example of just how bad it can get.
Teachers fuelling eating disorders in UK

April 21st, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by admin

Melbourne, Apr 21 (ANI): In their eagerness to promote healthy eating among their students, teachers are inadvertently driving teenage girls to develop eating disorders, a new research has warned.

The study, by researchers at Loughborough University, warns that teachers are fuelling disorders such as anorexia and bulimia by making kids acutely aware of how much they weigh. John Evans, a professor of Sociology of Education and Physical Education at the university, told Britains the Daily Telegraph that a lot of girls â??strongly believed that their illness was nurtured, exacerbated or sometimes even caused by the well-meaning action in schoolsâ?.

The tales they told were incredibly revealing about what schools were doing, in good faith, that was propelling these girls towards this damaging relationship with food and exercise, News.com.au quoted him, as telling the paper. One girl told how, in class, the PE teacher pointed to a broomstick and said, â??Thatâ??s the shape we are aiming for. Prof Evans based his conclusion on a research carried out with colleagues during which they interviewed 40 girls in a four-year study.

The UKs National Healthy Schools Program requires schools to provide visible evidence of healthy eating, physical activity and emotional wellbeing. It was launched in 1999. (ANI)
Broomstick! Eh?

So, we have a PE instructor who has a fetish for broomsticks! Well, there's no accounting for taste, I always say.

Personally, I like women with nice soft round curves. I want a women who looks like a woman, and NOT a broomstick! In fact, I like women who are chubby and plump.

When I was in high school, I once dated a fat girl. I thought she she was very attractive. She have a pretty face, and she also had a nice body, so soft and round, and really cute.

After I went out with her, I was endlessly harassed by all the other guys. They made my life a living Hell for me.

That shit-for-brains, Detroitsportsfan08 said earlier on this topic . . . . .
We live in America, where people choose what they want to do with their lives.
YEAH RIGHT!

We're actually living in a right-wing Fascist Nazi Banana Republic that is controlled by the jocks and sports fans!

If the jocks prefer dating anorexic bimbo cheerleaders then fine! I don't give a flying fuck!

As for me, I say real men like real women with nice soft round curves.

Bones are for dogs!!!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Melbourne, Apr 21 (ANI): In their eagerness to promote healthy eating among their students, teachers are inadvertently driving teenage girls to develop eating disorders, a new research has warned.

The study, by researchers at Loughborough University, warns that teachers are fuelling disorders such as anorexia and bulimia by making kids acutely aware of how much they weigh. John Evans, a professor of Sociology of Education and Physical Education at the university, told Britains the Daily Telegraph that a lot of girls â??strongly believed that their illness was nurtured, exacerbated or sometimes even caused by the well-meaning action in schoolsâ?.

The tales they told were incredibly revealing about what schools were doing, in good faith, that was propelling these girls towards this damaging relationship with food and exercise, News.com.au quoted him, as telling the paper. One girl told how, in class, the PE teacher pointed to a broomstick and said, â??Thatâ??s the shape we are aiming for. Prof Evans based his conclusion on a research carried out with colleagues during which they interviewed 40 girls in a four-year study.

The UKs National Healthy Schools Program requires schools to provide visible evidence of healthy eating, physical activity and emotional wellbeing. It was launched in 1999. (ANI)
I studied Home Ec for my G.C.S.E.'s and I found that more useful than P.E., because in Home Ec you learn about nutrition and how to look after yourself, and that is more important than being able to catch and hit a ball. As for the broomstick teacher, what else can I do than call him an idiot.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Lewis wrote:

I studied Home Ec for my G.C.S.E.'s and I found that more useful than P.E., because in Home Ec you learn about nutrition and how to look after yourself, and that is more important than being able to catch and hit a ball. As for the broomstick teacher, what else can I do than call him an idiot.
I remember when I was in school, I wanted to take a course in Home Economics, but in my school, guys were discouraged from doing so.

I wanted to learn science, and math, all of which is far more more useful than learning how to chase a ball. I can't think of anything more useless than chasing a ball.

But the jocks are the one's who really run the schools. They tell us what we may or many not read, what classes are acceptable, and even whom we can date.

The USA put men on the moon, and yet, we are ruled by monkey-boys who's collective IQ is exceeded by their shoe sizes!

The United Stated is just another Fourth world Banana Republic!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Excuse me. I'm a middle-aged fogy who's not used to computers. I failed to succeed in submitting the long post I had just composed; so now I'm going to run a test to see if I've figured out what I did wrong.
Earl

Post by Earl »

There are several compelling reasons why I believe that boys who are not athletically inclined, especially those who are scrawny or fat, should have the choice to not take PE classes in school. (Again, Iâ??m not talking about taking PE away from athletic boys. Iâ??m not motivated by a desire to â??get backâ? at anyone. Iâ??m just concerned about the unnecessary, unjust mistreatment of boys who, until recently, did not even have a voice in this matter.) The claim has been made incessantly that the purpose of mandatory PE is to promote physical fitness. But for generations the actual practice has been to promote only sports, not physical fitness for those boys who are the most unfit. The assumption has always been made that all boys love sports, which has never been true and still is not true. Since playing ball games is a form of recreation, forcing nonathletic boys to play sports against their will is contradictory, and is like putting the cart before the horse. Athletic prowess requires the attainment of a certain level of physical fitness and the possession of certain physical skills. Nonathletic boys possess neither.

Trying to get into shape by playing a number of different sports is inefficient. In fact, there is no sport that exercises all the muscles of the body. For example, a professional football player who starts taking ballet lessons will end up with sore muscles. The best way to get into shape is by following a calisthenic exercise program involving a set of different types of calisthenics that change from one level to the next in such a way that they become progressively harder to do, with an increasing number of reps. Unless one intends to pose in a contest, bodybuilding is not a competitive sport.

In the way that PE classes have been conducted traditionally, no distinction has been made among the different physical fitness needs of different groups of boys. Fat Man pointed this out quite capably in one of his recent posts. For example, the physical fitness needs of fat kids are different from the needs of athletic kids who are not overweight. The academic equivalent of this would be like grouping Basic Math students and Algebra I students with calculus students in the same class, and expecting the first two groups of students to learn calculus.

This problem is further complicated by the wrong attitude that some boysâ?? PE coaches seem to have in the way they view nonathletic kids. (As I said in one of my â??Letters 2009,â? if you are a coach who has a compassionate attitude towards nonathletic kids, then I say God bless you.) Physically weak boys are viewed as effeminate cowards. This is based on a false standard of masculinity. There is no connection between physical strength (or athletic prowess) and moral courage. These coaches refuse to recognize that there have been men of great courage who had no interest in sports. They regard fat boys with disdain because they do not meet the Body Beautiful standard, which is superficial. Once when I was looking through a book about World War II, I came across a photographic picture of a group of virile young men who had assembled in military array. None of them were wearing shirts; so I could see that their physiques were very well-developed. (Hey, Iâ??m not knocking that. Iâ??ve been working on a bodybuilding program at a health club for over a year to build up my own physique.) No doubt you are asking, who were these men? Were they soldiers? Not exactly. They were young Nazi SS officers, Hitlerâ??s elite killers who carried out the Final Solution against Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Freemasons, Jehovahâ??s Witnesses, and other targeted groups. They were so good-looking that Iâ??m sure most of the sports groupies in this country who throw themselves at athletes would have been willing to have sex with some of them.

When I was growing up, I heard of Remedial Math and Remedial English. But has anyone ever heard of Remedial Physical Education? Some coaches derisively address slightly built boys as â??pretty boyâ? in front of their PE classmates. My wife, who taught high-school math classes for eleven years, never looked down on any of her students who were having trouble with math. She was always glad to tutor them. And she never addressed any student by telling him, â??You MORON!â? in front of the whole class.

Over the years Iâ??ve asked people about their PE experiences and have read what other men have said about their PE experiences. I now can say that I donâ??t know of a single guy of my generation or younger who was either scrawny or fat when he was a kid, but became physically fit because he was forced to take PE in school. Not a single one. There may be a few cases I donâ??t know about of a compassionate coach who took a nonathletic kid under his wing and showed him how to either build up his physique or lose weight, which resulted in his having more self-confidence to deal with the difficulties of life. But the exception proves the rule.

There is another reason I have for opposing mandatory PE that strikes close to my heart. I will mention it in my next post.

Earl

Post by Earl »

Sorry about the unintended duplication, folks! I'm still getting the hang of this.

lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

The thing is, PE classes aren't the same thing they were 20, 10, or even 5 years ago. The purpose of PE now is to teach the rules of various games as well as to give kids tips for exercising. Last year in PE my class spent 2 months focusing on yoga and pilates. (I, being lanky and inflexible, looked like an idiot.) Most of the competitive games played in PE, from my experiance, are given in the alotted "free time" where students play a game if they so choose, for example basketball, or simply walk around the track.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Oh well that's different!

Apparently we were wrong everyone, what were we thinking?!?!?!

If PE is all about Yoga and Pilates and wasting time walking around a track that does change things! Lets remove the art classes. Don't give the schools new textbooks, they've got a track they can walk around. The science departments need new microscopes, screw'em the PE department needs new Pilates DVD's. The computer sciences department needs updated software and computers, to hell with them! The PE department needs new yoga mats.

PE is pointless and unnecessary.

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Earl wrote:Sorry about the unintended duplication, folks! I'm still getting the hang of this.
No danger. I've removed the duplicate. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

this thread is a great example as to why America is so fat.

You guys just don't value fitness in any way, and that's a terrible thing.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

[/quote]

When I was in high school, I wanted to study science.

But the high school's science teacher was also the school's football coach.

During football season, he was to fucking busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons to be teaching my science class!

So, instead, he set up a film projector and turned off the lights, walked out of the classroom, leaving us all to sit in the dark, watching a bunch of stupid cartoons.

I was lousy at sports. At the age of 4, I was in a car accident and my left knee was injured. So, as a kid, I walked with a limp, and I was unable to run like the other kids.

I was once suspended from school after I failed to climb a stupid rope in a gymnasium. Never mind that I was unable to climb the rope because of my crippled left knee, I was still suspended.

In the 5th grade, my teacher was really Gung Ho when it came to sports and teaching PE, and one day, while he was teaching us basketball, I mad a mistake, I can't recall what it was because I don't know jack-shit about basketball. He grabbed the basketball away from me, and punched me in the stomach with it as hard as he could, and it seem like forever before I could catch my breath again. He always liked to humiliate me in front of the other students.

Then one day, our class went to the school library, and all the other kids were allowed to check out any book they wanted. Well, I saw this one Astronomy book that I wanted to check out, and he would no allow me to have it.

When I asked him why the other kids were allowed to check out any book they wanted, and why I was not, he dragged me out into the hallway, grabbed me by the shoulders, pushed me backwards, bashing me head up against the corner of the concrete block wall.

For years afterward, during my teen ages years, I had dizzy spells and headaches. The following year, that teacher was fired, and was unable to get a teaching job anywhere else.

My mother taught me how to read and write before I started school, and by the time I was only in the 3rd grade, I was already reading at adult level. When I was 13, I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

You say, that in America, we are free to choose what we want to do with our lives?

BULLSHIT! BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!

I was denied a decent education in school, because all they care about was sports.

Football, and all sports is nothing but Fascism, pure and simple!

Where is my freedom???

I certainly didn't have to freedom to choose what I wanted to do with my life!

Now, tell me another fairy tale!!![/quote]

You should let go of some of your anger. All of your posts are just long drawn out rants about essentially nothing. One isolated situation doesn't mean anything.[/quote]

NOTHING??? Did you say NOTHING???

Getting my head bashed against a concrete block wall! You call that NOTHING???

After that, I had dizzy spells and headaches during my teen age years, and it was to due a severe concussion. I could have easily died from it, mother-fucker!!!

Getting punched in the stomach with a basketball! You call the NOTHING???

Getting suspended because I failed to climb a rope in a gymnasium! You call the NOTHING???

Being denied a decent education! You call the NOTHING???

It wasn't just one isolated incident, but an ongoing menagerie of zoo tramps posing as teachers!

GO FUCK YOURSELF! JIMBO!!!

How would you like to come to where I live so I can give you NOTHING across the teeth with my cane! You will be sucking NOTHING but mush through a straw for the rest of you life!

And you can take that to the fucking bank![/quote]

since im young and athletic and you're old and fat, i'm willing to bet if we came across each other in person that's not how things would go.