GOOD NEWS

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

Re: GOOD NEWS

Post by Lewis »

What I find strange is that the players are paid so much, in the middle of an economic crisis.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Has anyone else noticed that they want to blame corporations, CEO's, wall street, etc.
But no ONE person ever says anything about capping the salaries of all these overpaid assletes.

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

dickfilthy wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:It's common knowledge.

Very few Australian players have played in the premier basketball league in the world, the NBA.

So you don't watch all the games yourself to accurately assess them for yourself then, do you. Looks like I was right then - you're just full of shit. "Common KNOWLEDGE" you say - you've got to be kidding. You must have a very low threshold for what constitutes KNOWLEDGE. At best, you're just regurgitating pointless boring sporting statistics like the trained parrots that you sports fans are.

The trouble is you see, just using raw numbers of participation like that leads to a distorted comparison between any two leagues/associations. At the very least, you would have to weight the figures to take into account the different population figures of each country - don't forget Australia has only got about 0.3% of the worlds population. And there would be many other factors that would have to be taken into consideration as well. Such as, historic cultural saturation of the activity in each country, relative amount of media hype supporting it, relative amount of government subsidies for it, etc., etc., and no doubt many other POINTLESS AND BORING FACTORS ABOUT SPORT, to get a realistic comparison.

Making a comparison while NOT adjusting for all these complex factors would be distorting reality, and that would be CHEATING, and that would be very UN-SPORTSMANLIKE of you, now wouldn't it dsf08.

It's like the Olympics results. Countries with large populations do well on the overall medal tally table, certainly. Not that I waste my time following it too closely or even care though, but from what I hear from our sports nuts here in Australia, "we" do extremely well WHEN YOU ADJUST FOR RELATIVE POPULATION BASE. Get it?

And you see dsf08, your USA's relatively large population is a double edged sword that works AGAINST you as well. It also means that you's are OVER-represented, if you just use raw numbers, in globally DESTRUCTIVE things like atmospheric pollution as well. For example, if you look at annual tonnage of CO2 emissions, then the USA is WAY ahead of Australia. (In raw numbers, kind of like the basketball, right?). But then if you make adjustments on a per capita basis, then the USA and Australia, are pretty much neck and neck. Do you get that? It's like basketball - we're pretty much all the same when you unpack it.

But I did a little bit of research on the NBA for myself, and I found out something very interesting. You might want to sit up and pay attention here dsf08, because you might learn something. According to the figures I got for the 2008-09 season, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu ... BA_players ), there are 433 players in the NBA, and 2 of them are Australian, and according to my trusty calculator, 2 divided by 433, multiplied by 100, means that Australians are 0.46% of the players in the NBA. If you recall that Australians are only about 0.3% of the population of the world, then it could be said that Australians are actually OVER represented in the NBA. Well, well, well, how about that. Of course these would all be just more pointless boring sporting statistics, EXCEPT THAT THEY EXPOSE YOU AS AN UNRELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION - or as we say here in Australia - YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT.

And let's stop beating around the bush. You were having a dig at Australians, weren't you, (and then later, Europeans), and that makes you a RACIST, as well as being full of shit. Yes that's right, you are a racist. You are claiming an attachment to something (apparently deludedly) that you see as "superior", and demeaning other cultures on the basis of that. DETROITSPORTSFAN08, YOU ARE A RACIST, as well as being full of shit. Well, you're on your own with that attitude. You have revealed to all the world, here on an international stage, that you use sport as an excuse for anti-social behaviour such as recklessly spreading mis-information, and racial abuse. You low dog.

If you must continue being a racist, then here's a link for you. You should go and hang out there, with them, instead of hanging out here. Go on then, go and be with your own kind. You're completely and utterly wasting you're time here.

http://www.kukluxklan.bz/

Hey, here's a joke that I just made up -

Q. Why did the sports fan cross the road?
A. Because everybody else did.
lol, 2 out of 433 isn't even close to 46 percent, of even 4 percent

learn basic math

2 out of 433, do you realize how minimal that is? The NBA is the premier league in the world, and I guess everyone knows it but you guys. Kids in China, and European countries all for the most part aim to play in the NBA and not leagues in their own countries. Yao Ming, Darko Milicic, and in this draft Ricky Rubio are all players who will come from overseas because they are the best in their country.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

dickfilthy wrote:
Hey, here's a joke that I just made up -

Q. Why did the sports fan cross the road?
A. Because everybody else did.
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA good one!

I Hope We Lose!
lmc850
Sports Bore

Post by lmc850 »

Detroitsportsfan is right. Allow me to make an analogy. Lets say you're a great saxaphone player, but the jazz band in you high school is terrible. No one is going to notice how great you are unless you play with a good band. Now you have the opportunity to go to a private school with a great band. Wouldn't you rather go to the school with the great band and possibly get noticed by a good college? Exactly
Keep in mind my analogy isn't perfect, I never played saxaphone.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: lol, 2 out of 433 isn't even close to 46 percent
LOL, LOL, LOL FREAKIN' LOL YOURSELF. YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT DSF08. I NEVER SAID 46%. YOU CAN'T EVEN READ. THERE'S A ZERO FIRST, AND THEN A DECIMAL PLACE, AND THEN 46. I SAID "0.46%" YOU IDIOT. YOU CAN'T EVEN QUOTE ME CORRECTLY. YOU'RE EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT. YOU ARE IN ERROR BY A FACTOR OF 100. SO IT IS NOW ACTUALLY MEASRURABLE HOW DUMB YOU REALLY ARE: 100 "DSF08 STUPIDITY UNITS" AS I WILL NOW CALL THEM. YOU HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY DSF08 - ZERO CREDIBILITY. YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME.

Thought for the day -

Q. Why is it always best to just automatically assume that anything a sports fan says is bullshit?
A. Because it saves time.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

lmc850 wrote:Detroitsportsfan is right.
And as for you Imc850, I automatically assign you 25 "DSF08 STUPIDITY UNITS" just for saying that.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

dickfilthy wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: lol, 2 out of 433 isn't even close to 46 percent
LOL, LOL, LOL FREAKIN' LOL YOURSELF. YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT DSF08. I NEVER SAID 46%. YOU CAN'T EVEN READ. THERE'S A ZERO FIRST, AND THEN A DECIMAL PLACE, AND THEN 46. I SAID "0.46%" YOU IDIOT. YOU CAN'T EVEN QUOTE ME CORRECTLY. YOU'RE EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT. YOU ARE IN ERROR BY A FACTOR OF 100. SO IT IS NOW ACTUALLY MEASRURABLE HOW DUMB YOU REALLY ARE: 100 "DSF08 STUPIDITY UNITS" AS I WILL NOW CALL THEM. YOU HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY DSF08 - ZERO CREDIBILITY. YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME.

Thought for the day -

Q. Why is it always best to just automatically assume that anything a sports fan says is bullshit?
A. Because it saves time.

2 out of 433 isn't even one percent. Not even one percent of NBA players are Australian, and you're trying to use that as apart of your argument.

hahahaha
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

dsf08, with every post you make it becomes clearer how thick you really are. I explained the whole percentage thing before. You're just going around in circles now. Here it is AGAIN -
dickfilthy wrote: Australians are 0.46% of the players in the NBA. If you recall that Australians are only about 0.3% of the population of the world, then it could be said that Australians are actually OVER represented in the NBA. Well, well, well, how about that. Of course these would all be just more pointless boring sporting statistics, EXCEPT THAT THEY EXPOSE YOU AS AN UNRELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION - or as we say here in Australia - YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

WTF does that have to do with anything? You're grasping at straws here, and I think even some people here would admit that.

I admit I read the .46 wrong in the initial post, but now I think even less of you. Not even a percentage of NBA players are Australian, and you're going to try and say they effect the NBA in a big way?

The best high school teams in America could go to Australia and run some Australian pro teams out of the gym. Australia is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to any of the four major pro sports.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

and don't give me this over represented shit. It's irrelevant.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:WTF does that have to do with anything?
OMG, you've even forgotten your own point now. Looks like "short attention span" can be added to your growing list of mental deficiencies.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Hey here's another joke for ya's -

Q. How many sports fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. All of them - because once one does it, then they'll all want to copy it.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

because I didn't even know wtf you were arguing at first, I thought maybe you meant 4 percent, which isn't terrible.

I didn't think someone would actually argue that less than a percentage actually means something, hell, it's less than half of a percentage.

My initial point was that this means nothing to elite level basketball, and you countered that with saying how do you know that, blah, blah.

I went on to explain how the NBA is the elite league in the world, and there are little to almost no Australians. You then proved my point by stating that less than half of a percentage of NBA players are Australian.

Good talk.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Dsf08, your mind is SO obviously such a tangled web of inaccuracies. So much bullshit. Where does one start. But it looks like I'll have to at least go over (YET AGAIN) the absolute basics for you. It's disappointingly dull and dreary that it has to come to this though - you're like the slow kid in class that needs everything explained to them several times - but it seems that's how it is. Now, dsf08, I'm going to type this out very slowly for you, so try to keep up.

1. You made a statement that "the NBL is nowhere near one of the best basketball leagues..."

2. So I basically said "prove it".

3. Then the proof you offered for that, was that "VERY FEW Australian players...etc..." - THEREFORE YOU INTRODUCED A STATISTICAL ARGUMENT.

4. So, going with your statistical argument, I then pointed out that the national participation figures would have to, at the very least, be WEIGHTED to take into account the different population totals for each country, OTHERWISE YOU WOULD BE MAKING AN UNREALISTIC STATISTICAL COMPARISON.

5. And the result of that SIMPLE population adjustment calculation is that Australia is actually OVER represented in the NBA. (For which I submitted evidence, and I even showed you which buttons to push on a calculator so you could work it out for yourself. BUT YOU WERE TOO DOPEY TO EVEN VERIFY THOSE FIGURES FOR YOURSELF WEREN'T YOU, YOU CLUELESS HALF-WIT).

6. And so that simple population adjustment calculation EXPOSES YOU AS TALKING SHIT, (in that "VERY FEW Australian players..."), AND THAT'S THE POINT - YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED AS TALKING SHIT. YOU INTRODUCED A STATISTICAL ARGUMENT, AND I SIMPLY TOOK YOUR ARGUMENT AND TURNED IT AGAINST YOU. SUCKED IN. SO THAT'S CONFIRMED. YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT.

The only problem here is that YOU AREN'T COMPREHENDING the reality of those actual statistics. You just AREN'T taking the population adjustment calculation into account. AND THAT IS WHAT IS CAUSING YOUR INACCURACY. SO THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOU, NOT ME. YOU'RE JUST TOO THICK TO GET IT. THE MATHEMATICS OF IT ALL HAS JUST GONE RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD.

SO IT LOOKS LIKE IN ADDITION TO EXPOSING YOU AS TALKING SHIT, I HAVE ALSO EXPOSED YOU AS BEING MATHEMATICALLY RETARDED. WHAT A BONUS. SO, DOUBLE SUCKED IN YOU STUPID MORON.

But I tell you what I'll do. I'm going to offer you some help. You seem to be lacking in the mathematical skills department. You seem to have a problem with numbers. So I know where you can get some free tuition for that. There's an educational program on TV that can help people at your level brush up on your basic mathematical skills. You should watch it. You might learn something. It's called SESAME STREET.

HA HA! For you, watching SESAME STREET would be like going to UNIVERSITY! - HA HA, sucked in AGAIN you STUPID, STUPID MORON!