Thank you for this forum! (my thoughts)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Thank you for this forum! (my thoughts)

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Fat Man wrote:
Fitz301 wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:No, Pat Tillman isn't any better.

However, he doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed.

and odds are i'm better looking than you

He doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal like a god either.

Better looking huh? Who cares! Typical ego-maniac sports bore.
ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree!

Thousands of our young soldiers have made sacrifices while defending our country. Many of them had left good paying jobs, often giving up their careers to fight in some war overseas. Many of them had lost their lives fight for our country.

And yet, they don't get put up on a pedestal, and given the same honors publicly as Pat Tillman.

I'm not saying anything against Pat Tillman, only that they make a much bigger deal of him than they do the thousands of other soldiers who have often made even bigger sacrifices.

Some of them who had lost their lives overseas, had hopes of a career in science and medicine. I wonder how many potential scientists had lost their lives in battle, some who could have been Nobel Peace Prize winners, some who might have discovered a cure for cancer, diabetes, or heart disease, but their lives were cut short fighting in some stupid war overseas.

There are some things are are far more important that FOOLS BALL!!!

Pat Tillman does not deserve and more special honors just because he was a football player, when there are young men who died, who could have devoted their lives to much greater things than FOOLS BALL!!!
I agree that he deserves no more recognition than anyone else who died.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Fitz301 wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:No, Pat Tillman isn't any better.

However, he doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed.

and odds are i'm better looking than you

He doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal like a god either.

Better looking huh? Who cares! Typical ego-maniac sports bore.
Fat Man wrote: ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree!

Thousands of our young soldiers have made sacrifices while defending our country. Many of them had left good paying jobs, often giving up their careers to fight in some war overseas. Many of them had lost their lives fight for our country.

And yet, they don't get put up on a pedestal, and given the same honors publicly as Pat Tillman.

I'm not saying anything against Pat Tillman, only that they make a much bigger deal of him than they do the thousands of other soldiers who have often made even bigger sacrifices.

Some of them who had lost their lives overseas, had hopes of a career in science and medicine. I wonder how many potential scientists had lost their lives in battle, some who could have been Nobel Peace Prize winners, some who might have discovered a cure for cancer, diabetes, or heart disease, but their lives were cut short fighting in some stupid war overseas.

There are some things are are far more important that FOOLS BALL!!!

Pat Tillman does not deserve any more special honors just because he was a football player, when there are young men who died, who could have devoted their lives to much greater things than FOOLS BALL!!!
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:I agree that he deserves no more recognition than anyone else who died.
OH WOW! I'M AMAZED!!!

So, you do acknowledge, that Pat Tillman does not deserve any more special recognition, than all the other young soldiers, who lost their lives fighting for our country.

Well!!! Knock me over with a feather!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

He doesn't deserve any more recognition than the other soldiers who voluntarily went over there, and died. But, he's a big name so naturally he will get more. That's just how things work, for better or worse.

However, something can be said for this. He didn't have to go over there. He was making millions of dollars a year, and instead of staying here and living the life he went and fought for his country.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Do you know how many time we've heard that argument?

"Oh well, he didn't have to go over there... he could've had millions of dollars... yada... yada... yada..."

No soldier HAD to go over there. But because he supposedly gave up millions of dollars you think people should respect him more?

That's a pretty selfish and greedy statement. So, by your theory, the soldiers who went over there just because they wanted to serve their country and do what they thought was right that they should be forgotten just because there was no money at stake.

You greedy, selfish, arrogant ASSHOLE.

You and all the other typical sports jerks can take your little game and shove it straight up your ass.

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

He doesn't deserve any more recognition than the other soldiers who voluntarily went over there, and died

literally what I just said. Are you stupid?
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Now, now.. let me get this straight since I haven't been on in a few days..
It went from someone politely and non-antagonistically introduced themselves to the forum. It was peaceful until DSF went and decided to join, but then there was a period of silence. Then the fire was relit when Fat Man joined along with a few others. Then, the subjects of question keep "scrolling" from sports, to status, to war.
How confusing..
Let me get this straight - DSF, you're pretty much demoting us to petty, bickering beggars who should accept lesser behavior of the infantilising minds of sports fans. Well, take the example that a person who hates sports, such as I or the others, has taken the time to develop more useful skills other than shouting at the television and copying others as to try to not look like a "retard". And so what if we're overweight and/ or agressive [or whatever attributes of a person you find repulsive], we're still intelligent and unique. You think that not following common society, no matter how stupid it may seem to us, is totally wrong and should be irradicated out of our seemingly "insubordinate" behavior that follows your "commands". It's not that WE'RE stupid, it's that YOU'RE UTTERLY AND INFERIORLY STUBBORN.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, guys. This verbal exchange over Pat Tillman is very sad. Can you argue about something else?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

Here I just said that you all should stop arguing over Pat Tillman's service in Afghanistan, but my conscience got the better of me. Fitz301, as someone who also doesn't like sports (and hated PE), I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of Dsp08's position. (I said in my first forum post that I might offend both sides. I have NOT joined the sports drones.) I think all he was saying is that Tillman (whom I am not putting on a pedestal) did not allow any greed on his part for the millions he could have received (if he had continued to play football) to get in the way of his desire to serve our country instead. I have heard that during the Vietnam War, professional football players were exempted from the draft; and I believe it. Tillman was the opposite. He volunteered, along with all those who were not well-known by the public. Sorry, but I also have to agree with Dsp08 when he said that the reason Tillman's tragic death received so much media coverage is because he WAS FAMOUS. (And, no, I do NOT idolize athletes.) If this had happened to Elvis Presley (who served in the Army in the 1950s), the media reaction would have been the same. My own position is that all human lives are precious -- from the life of Tillman as well as the life of the unknown soldier who would have found a cure for diabetes (which I happen to have) to the life of a nobody (like me).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Earl wrote:Here I just said that you all should stop arguing over Pat Tillman's service in Afghanistan, but my conscience got the better of me. Fitz301, as someone who also doesn't like sports (and hated PE), I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of Dsp08's position. (I said in my first forum post that I might offend both sides. I have NOT joined the sports drones.) I think all he was saying is that Tillman (whom I am not putting on a pedestal) did not allow any greed on his part for the millions he could have received (if he had continued to play football) to get in the way of his desire to serve our country instead. I have heard that during the Vietnam War, professional football players were exempted from the draft; and I believe it. Tillman was the opposite. He volunteered, along with all those who were not well-known by the public. Sorry, but I also have to agree with Dsp08 when he said that the reason Tillman's tragic death received so much media coverage is because he WAS FAMOUS. (And, no, I do NOT idolize athletes.) If this had happened to Elvis Presley (who served in the Army in the 1950s), the media reaction would have been the same. My own position is that all human lives are precious -- from the life of Tillman as well as the life of the unknown soldier who would have found a cure for diabetes (which I happen to have) to the life of a nobody (like me).
Thank you. They may actually listen to you.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

blackdog4444 wrote:Now, now.. let me get this straight since I haven't been on in a few days..
It went from someone politely and non-antagonistically introduced themselves to the forum. It was peaceful until DSF went and decided to join, but then there was a period of silence. Then the fire was relit when Fat Man joined along with a few others. Then, the subjects of question keep "scrolling" from sports, to status, to war.
How confusing..
Let me get this straight - DSF, you're pretty much demoting us to petty, bickering beggars who should accept lesser behavior of the infantilising minds of sports fans. Well, take the example that a person who hates sports, such as I or the others, has taken the time to develop more useful skills other than shouting at the television and copying others as to try to not look like a "retard". And so what if we're overweight and/ or agressive [or whatever attributes of a person you find repulsive], we're still intelligent and unique. You think that not following common society, no matter how stupid it may seem to us, is totally wrong and should be irradicated out of our seemingly "insubordinate" behavior that follows your "commands". It's not that WE'RE stupid, it's that YOU'RE UTTERLY AND INFERIORLY STUBBORN.
What? Where do you get this stuff from?

For the 1327123th time, it's not that you guys hate sports. I get along with plenty of people who don't like sports.

It's just some of the things you guys say that are so irrational, ignorant, stereotypical, and wrong.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

It isn't stereotypical when it's true. And it isn't irrational when it happens to many. Also, ignorance is bliss on my part. Wrong? I don't think so. But since you have biased opinions, you can't trust your own answers and thoughts. Twisted, yes, but it may be worth getting confused.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I hope that I wonâ??t offend any of my fellow supporters of this website by what Iâ??m about to say. Please donâ??t hold it against me, but Iâ??ve begun to feel sorry for Detroitsportsfan08. In all fairness to him, I must point out that he is not cut from the same cloth as Samdaman, Harold (see â??Letters 2009â?), SpeedofLeight, and the other jerks whose vulgar comments are full of hatred and spite. When Dsf08 challenged Fat Man to name athletes who had committed rape, I directed him to references on this serious issue. He did not respond to my post in the way Sammy or Harry would have done. His response was polite. He acknowledged in so many words that athletes who do commit crimes such as rape should be vigorously prosecuted. Contrast that with many people (including some radio talk show hosts) who say that ALL accusations of rape against athletes are false. In his last post he said that he gets along with many guys who have no interest in sports. Contrast that with individual high-school football players who are arrogant and look down on their nonathletic classmates as supposedly being inferior to them. (Dsf08, Iâ??m not saying this is true of all high-school football players. Iâ??m just referring to those individuals who happen to have this wrong attitude.) Perhaps Iâ??m reading something into his post that really isnâ??t there, but his comments seemed to have a sad tone. He possibly could be sensitive and feels that heâ??s under siege simply because heâ??s a high-school athlete. Of course, I donâ??t know if he feels that way or not. Iâ??m just guessing. I personally have known some athletic guys (including all three of the physical trainers Iâ??ve worked with at my health club) who are sensitive and very considerate of others. A few of Dsf08â??s past comments may have seemed to be insensitive, but he seems to be a decent kid who simply has a different point of view. At least that is my humble opinion. That doesnâ??t necessarily mean that I agree with any opinion he may happen to have. Again, Iâ??m not trying to offend anyone. I just think that I need to say what has to be said by someone. I have nothing but sympathy for nonathletic boys who have to grow up in a sports-driven culture, and I love this website.

RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

^Earl, not offended. you make good points.

Frankly, in all honesty, this thread was hijacked way off-topic from antisportsgal's post. :evil:
I'm not a mod, but I do suggest that they consider just deleting all the off-topic posts. (And maybe a temporary freeze on the accounts of those who hijack threads like this.)
A stray off-topic post on most threads is expected, but this went way overboard. I hope they don't scare away new members to the forum like antisportsgal ...we want her and others to stay. I found her story interesting...all the other "noise" distracted from that discussion. :cry:
Earl

Post by Earl »

I agree. And I apologize to antisportsgal.

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

RaleighRob wrote:I'm not a mod
You are now. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!