GOOD NEWS!!! Former Penn State Coach Joe Paterno is DEAD!!!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

GOOD NEWS!!! Former Penn State Coach Joe Paterno is DEAD!!!

Post by Fat Man »

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

The former Penn State football coach is . . . . .

DEAD!!!

Read the good NEWS here!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-573 ... ead-at-85/

Ex-Penn State coach Joe Paterno dead at 85
January 22, 2012 10:30 AM

In this Nov. 6, 2010 file photo, Penn State football coach Joe Paterno is carried off the field
by his players after getting his 400th collegiate win, a 38-21 victory over Northwestern, in
State College, Pa. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

(CBS/AP)

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Joe Paterno, who racked up more wins than anyone else in major college football but was fired from Penn State amid a child sex abuse scandal has died. He was 85. His family released a statement Sunday morning to announce his death.

Paterno's son Scott announced Nov. 18 that his father was being treated for lung cancer, which was diagnosed in mid-November during a follow-up visit for a bronchial illness. The storied career of "JoePa" included 409 wins in 46 seasons and two national championships.

But his reputation for success with honor was shattered when a former assistant was charged with molesting 10 boys during a 15-year span, including some in the Penn State athletic complex. Critics said Paterno should have done more to stop it. He was fired November 9,2011

In all, Paterno guided five teams to unbeaten, untied seasons.

The winningest major college football coach of all time, Paterno was diagnosed shortly after Penn State's Board of Trustees ousted him Nov. 9 in the aftermath of the child sex abuse charges against former assistant Jerry Sandusky. Paterno's been getting treatment since, and his health problems were worsened when he broke his pelvis â?? an injury that first cropped up when he was accidentally hit in preseason practice last year.

"Over the last few days Joe Paterno has experienced further health complications," family spokesman Dan McGinn said in a brief statement Saturday to The Associated Press. "His doctors have now characterized his status as serious."

"His family will have no comment on the situation and asks that their privacy be respected during this difficult time," he said. Paterno's sons Scott and Jay both took to Twitter Saturday night to refute reports that their father had died.

Complete coverage: Penn State scandal

Wrote Jay Paterno: "I appreciate the support (and) prayers. Joe is continuing to fight."

Meanwhile, about 200 students and townspeople gathered Saturday night in State College at a statue of Paterno. Some brought candles, while others held up their smart phones to take photos of the scene. The mood was somber, with no chanting or shouting.

Jay Paterno tweeted, "Drove by students at the Joe statue. Just told my Dad about all the love & supportâ??inspiring him." The statue is just outside a gate at Beaver Stadium.

The 85-year-old Paterno has been in the hospital since Jan. 13 for observation for what his family had called minor complications from his cancer treatments. Not long before that, he conducted his only interview since losing his job, with The Washington Post. Paterno was described as frail then and wearing a wig. The second half of the two-day interview was conducted by his bedside.

The final days of Paterno's Penn State career were easily the toughest in his 61 years with the university and 46 seasons as head football coach.

Sandusky, a longtime defensive coordinator who was on Paterno's staff in two national title seasons, was arrested Nov. 5 and ultimately charged with sexually abusing a total of 10 boys over 15 years. His arrest sparked outrage not just locally but across the nation and there were widespread calls for Paterno to quit.

Paterno announced late on Nov. 9 that he would retire at the end of the season but just hours later he received a call from board vice chairman John Surma, telling him he had been terminated as coach. By that point, a crowd of students and media were outside the Paterno home. When news spread that Paterno had been dumped, there was rioting in State College.

Police on Saturday night had barricaded off the block where Paterno lives, and a police car was stationed about 50 yards from his home. A light was on in the living room but there was no activity inside. No one was outside, other than reporters and photographers stationed there.

Trustees said this week they pushed Paterno out in part because he failed a moral responsibility to report an allegation made in 2002 against Sandusky to authorities outside the university. They also felt he had challenged their authority and that, as a practical matter, with all the media in town and attention to the Sandusky case, he could no longer run the team.

In this Nov. 6, 2010 file photo, Penn
State football coach Joe Paterno is
carried off the field by his players
after getting his 400th collegiate
win, a 38-21 victory over Northwestern,
in State College, Pa.
(AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

(CBS/AP)

Paterno testified before the grand jury investigating Sandusky that he had relayed to his bosses an accusation that came from graduate assistant Mike McQueary, who said he saw Sandusky abusing a boy in the showers of the Penn State football building. Paterno told the Post that he didn't know how to handle the charge, but a day after McQueary visited him, Paterno spoke to the athletic director and the administrator with oversight over the campus police.

Wick Sollers, Paterno's lawyer, called the board's comments this week self-serving and unsupported by the facts. Paterno fully reported what he knew to the people responsible for campus investigations, Sollers said. "He did what he thought was right with the information he had at the time," Sollers said.

Sandusky says he is innocent and is out on bail, awaiting trial.

The back and forth between Paterno's representative and the board reflects a trend in recent weeks, during which Penn State alumni â?? and especially former players, including Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris â?? have questioned the trustees' actions and accused them of failing to give Paterno a chance to defend himself.

Three town halls, in Pittsburgh, suburban Philadelphia and New York City, seemed to do little to calm the situation and dozens of candidates have now expressed interest in running for the board, a volunteer position that typically attracts much less interest.

While everyone involved has said the focus should be on Sandusky's accusers and their ordeals, the abuse scandal for Paterno put a sour ending on a sterling career. Paterno won 409 games and took the Nittany Lions to 37 bowl games and those two national championships. More than 250 of the players he coached went on to the NFL.

With his thick glasses, rolled up khakis and white socks, Paterno was synonymous with Penn State and was seen in many ways as the archetypal football coach.
Well, I'm just glad he's croaked!

I wish I had some beer to celebrate, but I'll just smoke a cigar instead.

Yeah! He has kicked the bucket! He's taking a dirt nap! Another words . . . . .

. . . he's bought the farm!!!

Now, I hope that real soon, assistant coach Jerry Sandusky bites the dust!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Re: GOOD NEWS!!! Former Penn State Coach Joe Paterno is DEAD

Post by Safety »

You've gone too far with this post, Fatman. It doesn't matter who the person is or what he/she did, you NEVER wish death upon them or celebrate if they pass. I certainly don't condone what he did (or didn't do), but I would never be happy about something as tragic as death happening to a person. This shouldn't be regarded as good news to anyone and you should be ashamed in yourself!
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:You've gone too far with this post, Fatman. It doesn't matter who the person is or what he/she did, you NEVER wish death upon them or celebrate if they pass. I certainly don't condone what he did (or didn't do), but I would never be happy about something as tragic as death happening to a person. This shouldn't be regarded as good news to anyone and you should be ashamed in yourself!
Well, I believe in the death penalty for rape and pedophilia.

And every home with children, the parents should keep one of these handy spray guns!

It's an UZI, made in Israel. It's Kosher!!!

You harm a child, then you deserve to die.

I hope Jerry Sandusky dies, to save the cost of putting that piece of human garbage on trial.

And, if you know somebody has been sexually molesting children, and you don't report it to the authorities, then, that makes you just a guilty, and also deserving of the death penalty, as far as I'm concerned!

If I knew somebody who was sexually molesting children and has committed rape on another person, I would rat him out in a New York minute!!!

Ya got that??? JIMBO???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Nobody deserves to die for any reason. Everybody was happy when Osama Bin Laden died and it was sickening. Pedophilia & rape are terrible crimes to commit, but nobody should die for doing it.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:Nobody deserves to die for any reason. Everybody was happy when Osama Bin Laden died and it was sickening. Pedophilia & rape are terrible crimes to commit, but nobody should die for doing it.
HEY EVERYBODY!!! WELL, WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!! THIS IS MY POST NUMBER 3333!!!!

Sorry, JIMBO, but some people do deserve to DIE!

Adolph Hitler deserved to die!

Saddam Huesien deserved to die!

Osama Trash-bin Laden deserved to die!

And if somebody rapes another person, or sexually molests a child, then he deserves to die.

If I knew someone who's done that, I would turn him in. I don't care if it was someone I knew for years, who I had once considered a friend, it he had done some something like that, we would be friends no more!

I would turn in my own brother if he had molested or raped a child.

He's a scum-bag anyway.

Yeah! My own dear sweet brother once tried to steal a shot gun from a neighbor and come after me with it, because he felt that my wanting to build an 8 inch Newtonian reflector telescope was being disruptive of our family.

But our mother worked her butt off for him when he was in the high school marching band.

So, she felt that I was entitled to have something of my own.

If I had known back then, way back in 1971, that he tried to come after me with a shot gun, I would have turned his ass in right away!

But NO! I didn't know about that until he had admitted it to me back in 2003 or 2004 during an argument we were having.

And so, as far as I'm concerned, my own brother is scum, and also deserves to DIE!!!

Case closed!

Next case!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

You never cease to disgust me.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:You never cease to disgust me.
Thank you!

And neither do you ever cease to disgust me!

So, the feelings are mutual.

Anyway . . . . .

You're a fine one to call me disgusting, when last year you said that both Charles Darwin and Galileo were burning down in Hell.

Yeah! Don't you wish!

Two great intellectuals and you had no respect for either one!

Yet, you cry boo hoo because I said I was glad that coach Joe Paterno is dead, and that I hope Jerry Sandusky dies soon.

Sorry JIMBO BUBBAH BOOEY! But it's awfully hypocritical to have any sympathy for human garbage like Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky, and yet, show utter disrespect toward two great scientists.

So, you may go fuck yourself!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Seeing as no one else is saying it, I will. My thoughts are with the victims of the Penn State Scandal. Does ANYONE in this thread remember them? Because from where I'm standing (a little bit like the Foxy Knoxy case) it seems that they have been forgotten.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

This thread isn't related to the victims of the Penn State scandal, it's related to someone's death. The victims of the Penn State scandal are almost completely irrelevant to someone dying. I'm not sure what their thoughts are. Each person is different. I'm sure that some of them have more positive thoughts than others about this situation.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Safety wrote:This thread isn't related to the victims of the Penn State scandal, it's related to someone's death. The victims of the Penn State scandal are almost completely irrelevant to someone dying. I'm not sure what their thoughts are. Each person is different. I'm sure that some of them have more positive thoughts than others about this situation.
It was meant to be rhetorical, I was hoping to bring the victims back to the forefront. The victims are just as important and cannot be separated from this.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Lewis wrote:Seeing as no one else is saying it, I will. My thoughts are with the victims of the Penn State Scandal. Does ANYONE in this thread remember them? Because from where I'm standing (a little bit like the Foxy Knoxy case) it seems that they have been forgotten.
Well, I made reference to the death penalty for pedophiles and rapists, that anybody who sexually molests a child deserves the death penalty, so I am thinking of the victims.
Lewis wrote:
Safety wrote:This thread isn't related to the victims of the Penn State scandal, it's related to someone's death. The victims of the Penn State scandal are almost completely irrelevant to someone dying. I'm not sure what their thoughts are. Each person is different. I'm sure that some of them have more positive thoughts than others about this situation.
It was meant to be rhetorical, I was hoping to bring the victims back to the forefront. The victims are just as important and cannot be separated from this.
Nah! I say fuck Safety!!!

He obviously doesn't give a damn about the victims of assistant coach Jerry Sandusky!

This is not just about the death of some scum-bag football coach!

It's about how his career went down in shambles because he knew about Jerry Sandusky molesting children for over 15 years and never reported it to anyone, but kept it covered up.

It's also about why Joe Paterno died in disgrace, which he richly deserved, because he protected a pedophile.

But, most of all, it is all about the victims.

There wouldn't be a Penn State scandal now, if the victims were remembered and Jerry Sandusky were prosecuted.

But, because the victims were ignored, and even blamed for coach Paterno getting fired, then there is a big scandal.

So, yeah! It is about the victims.

But Safety chooses to ignore the victims. He feels more sympathy for that piece of shit, Joe Paterno, that will shortly be feeding the worms!

Joe Paterno will for the very first time be serving a useful function.

He'll become fertilizer for the earth.

Yeah Joe! You finally did good!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

I feel sympathy for both the victims of the Penn State scandal and for Joe Paterno and his family/friends. It was wrong of him to not report what he saw, but he he didn't deserve to die. Nobody deserves to die. Not Joe, Jerry, Adolf, Saddam, or Osama. Despite how wicked or cruel someone is, they never deserve to die. That's just how my opinion, although you obviously feel very different.

Also, I would just like to clarify and say that I do not believe that those scientists went to Hell. I don't believe that anyone went/is going to Hell. I'm not even a religious person. I was just trolling you when I said that.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Sorry I'm late responding. My wife and I had an evening worship assembly to attend.

First, I want to extend my condolences to Joe Paterno's wife and their children. I also want to extend my condolences to all of the Penn State fans. I feel very, very sorry for his wife, who doesn't deserve to be brutalized by comments celebrating her husband's death. She had nothing to do with the scandal, anyway.

I seriously considered deleting this entire topic; but that wouldn't have solved any problem, although I'd change the inflammatory title if I could. Reading this topic was unpleasant. I certainly didn't look forward to reading it. I knew it would be bad. :(

Wow, I'm almost at a loss of words; but I'll try ...

Celebrating someone's death is barbaric. The death of a human being is a very sobering event. No one can say they know what happens to a person when he dies, whether there is nothing beyond the grave or if there is a heaven and a hell. None of us will know which is a fact until he dies, and by then it will be too late. I've suffered the loss of several loved ones over the years, including both of my parents; and I've experienced deep grief. (I understand the worst grief is the death of one's child, something that I as a father don't even like to contemplate.) I've also had the experience of hearing others make incredibly thoughtless comments about my deceased loved one, comments that were extremely hurtful to me because my grief had left me in an emotionally vulnerable position -- you know, like being numb. I once used to listen to Michael Savage on the radio -- not because I was a conservative (which I'm not, although my views on two or three major issues would make a lot of liberals mad at me), but because I found some of his histeronics to be entertaining (although some of his comments were irritating, if not offensive). But I stopped listening to him when I heard him denounce Betty Ford for the way she comported herself at her husband's funeral. I actually voted against her husband Jerry in 1976 when he ran in the Presidential election. I say this to indicate that my reaction against Savage was not political, but because I thought he was acting like a complete jerk for demeaning a woman who had lost her husband of over 50 years, who had been very good to her. Savage lost me as a listener for good. I'll never listen to him again, and it really has nothing to do with politics.

But that's neither here nor there, as far as this topic is concerned. So, in my own feeble way, I shall continue ...

I'm not a fan of Joe Paterno. As far as I'm concerned, he deserved to be fired; and I got sick and tired of all the Penn State fans who seemed to not have any genuine outrage over what happened to those boys and who have not condemned how victim 1 was forced to leave his high school. But I don't believe in dancing on Paterno's grave!

Safety wrote:You've gone too far with this post, Fatman. It doesn't matter who the person is or what he/she did, you NEVER wish death upon them or celebrate if they pass. I certainly don't condone what he did (or didn't do), but I would never be happy about something as tragic as death happening to a person. This shouldn't be regarded as good news to anyone and you should be ashamed in yourself!
I agree, Safety.

Fat Man wrote:Well, I believe in the death penalty for rape and pedophilia.
Many of those who believe in capital punishment won't chortle over a criminal's execution. They believe the execution is necessary, but won't chortle about it.

Safety wrote:Nobody deserves to die for any reason. Everybody was happy when Osama Bin Laden died and it was sickening. Pedophilia & rape are terrible crimes to commit, but nobody should die for doing it.
Although I'm not unalterably opposed to capital punishment, I respect your own philosophical view. You believe human beings should be treated humanely, and you deserve credit for that.

Fat Man wrote:I hope Jerry Sandusky dies, to save the cost of putting that piece of human garbage on trial.

And, if you know somebody has been sexually molesting children, and you don't report it to the authorities, then, that makes you just a guilty, and also deserving of the death penalty, as far as I'm concerned!

If I knew somebody who was sexually molesting children and has committed rape on another person, I would rat him out in a New York minute!!!
I understand your outrage over the rape of children. I personally know of two people whose lives have been ruined by this heinous crime. I've cried over both of them.
Fat Man wrote:Sorry, JIMBO, but some people do deserve to DIE!
I agree with this statement (except I know for a fact that Safety's first name is not Jimbo). When Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin died (admittedly, extreme examples), in both instances a lot of people were relieved because that meant they would no longer keep on murdering millions of people, which they would have done if they had continued living. But this has nothing to do with the issue of how we should react to the death of a human being.

Lewis wrote:Seeing as no one else is saying it, I will. My thoughts are with the victims of the Penn State Scandal. Does ANYONE in this thread remember them? Because from where I'm standing (a little bit like the Foxy Knoxy case) it seems that they have been forgotten.
I appreciate your sentiment, Lewis. I've cried over what happened to those kids.

Fat Man wrote:Joe Paterno will for the very first time be serving a useful function.

He'll become fertilizer for the earth.

Yeah Joe! You finally did good!
Again, I understand your outrage, Fat Man; but this rhetoric is quite cruel. I've known you personally for three years now. Beneath all this hatred and rage is a guy who's gentle in different circumstances. I believe the reason you're so enraged is because the crime of pedophilia was involved in this horrible scandal. If the head football coach of, say, UT had died, you probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Safety wrote:I feel sympathy for both the victims of the Penn State scandal and for Joe Paterno and his family/friends. It was wrong of him to not report what he saw, ...
I knew that, Safety. You have a good heart.
Safety wrote:... but he he didn't deserve to die. Nobody deserves to die. Not Joe, Jerry, Adolf, Saddam, or Osama. Despite how wicked or cruel someone is, they never deserve to die. That's just how my opinion, although you obviously feel very different.
I respect your opinion.

Safety wrote:Also, I would just like to clarify and say that I do not believe that those scientists went to Hell. I don't believe that anyone went/is going to Hell. I'm not even a religious person. I was just trolling you when I said that.
Heh, I knew it! That's what I had been saying all along.

Well, folks, that's it. I'm finally through typing my response, and I'm pooped. Good night. See you tomorrow -- when, I guess, there will be more posts. :|
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Hello Earl:

Yes, I do feel for the wife and kids of Joe Paterno.

But Joe Paterno was a douche-bag, nonetheless!

I'm sorry, but having been beaten and raped by an older man back when I was 17 years old, I have only utter contempt for people who sexually molest children, or rape someone.

If Joe Paterno had made any effort to report his assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky, and had he done something to prevent any more children from being molested, then I would have been singing high praises for Joe Paterno, even though he was a football coach.

but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

He knew about his assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky, molesting children, and has known about it for about 15 fucking years, and he did absolutely nothing about it.

So, through his 15 years of silence, he has earned nothing but my contempt!

The sounds of silence (and I don't mean the song by the same title) is NOT silent! No, silence is anything but silent, but rather, it's a loud scream into the night!!! The screams of innocent children that go unheeded!

Also, I had mention about how my own brother wanted to come after me with a shot gun back in 1970 because he felt that my wanting to build a telescope was being disruptive of our family.

Therefore, my own brother has also earned my contempt!

I just wish that all people like Sandusky, Paterno, AND my own brother would all get run over by a steam roller, or fall down several flights of stairs, or down an elevator shaft, or something like that!!! Yeah! Something really bizarre!!!

Or better still, some kind of accident where they fall on something and smash their testicles, sometime before they die from something else!

If I ever found out, that even my own brother had molested a child, he would get a cane across the teeth and a lead pipe to the testicles, from yours truly!

And by the way, yeah! I realize now that Safety was only trolling when he said that Charles Darwin and Galileo were burning down in Hell.

Oh! Before I go on!

I need to add, that Michael Savage, is another contemptible low-life douche-bag! He once advocated on his radio talk show a few years ago, that all of us fat people should be rounded up and put into prison camps!

So, there are a lot of people out there who I wish would just lay down and take that dirt nap!

But I also have great contempt for anti-intellectualism as well.

When I was a kid going to school, I loved reading science books, especially books on Astronomy, and my 5th grade teacher bashed my head up against a brick wall in an argument over an Astronomy book he would not allow me to check out from the school library.

So, I have nothing but contempt for anyone who harms a child in anyway.

When we destroy our own children, we are destroying our own hopes for the future.

For example: a child who might have grown up to become a professional Astronomer, but was destroyed emotionally and mentally, and so, never achieved any success in his/her life. That particular astronomer might have been the one in the future who discovers a large asteroid on collision course with the earth, a large asteroid like the one that wiped the dinosaurs 60 million years ago, but was able to give advanced warning early enough so that we could do something about it, to deflect it's path through space so that it misses the earth, thus saving billions of lives.

But no! The child who might have grown up to have become that astronomer, he/she was destroyed emotionally and mentally, thus no advanced warning is given, and we all die like the dinosaurs died millions of years ago.

So, I believe harming a child is a crime against humanity and the potential future of all humanity.

Therefore, anybody who harms a child is a traitor to the entire human race, and deserves to be executed for TREASON against all humanity and all civilization.

Yeah! Thanks to anti-intellectualism, and the mental and emotional abuse of children, and the brainwashing, all which goes hand to hand with sexual abuse, America is all fucked up!

Some Republicans believe, that if a women has been rendered unconscious through the use of a "date-rape" drug, and was taken advantage of sexually, then she wasn't really raped, it was consensual, because she didn't fight back.

Some Republicans believe that Social Security, SSI, Medicare, and Medicaid is just a "Ponzi Scheme" and poor people are called "stray dogs" and "scavenging racoons"!

Some Republicans want to impose censorship on the Internet, and are against science education in our schools, and wish to impose Creationist fairy tales in school science classes, fairy tales about a Dirt-Man, a Rib-Woman, a magic garden with a magical tree bearing forbidden magical fruit, and a talking snake with legs.

Yeah! We have adults who believe this childish moronic crap!

The Republicans believe that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that Noah and his three sons went out all over the world bringing back polar bears from the north pole, penguins from the south pole, and kangaroos back from Australia, and that they put saddles on the dinosaurs and rode them back to the ark.

Yeah! This should be their new logo!

And these fucking retards and bed-wetting ignoramuses what to run this country and pass all the laws?

And, some of them want to run for President?

It's enough to make me want to run out into the streets, and screaming into the night!

greencom

Post by greencom »

I share much of your opinions Fatman, I see another Dark Age coming for our society, ignorance and tyranny from self-righteous individuals pushing their agendas. Everybody should be free to practice whatever belief system they desire but do not shove it down my throat! I believe our friend Earl is a true "Christian" in that he is a very gentle and forgiving soul and is revolted by violence, I'm having a real problem of late with a new breed of "Patriotic Christians" that rejoice in killing and war, they all believe in the same thing, killing anybody that isn't American and dislikes us, letting the poor just starve and the sick just die and seem to think that guns and Jesus go together like eggs and ham . In short they are all about death and look at a compassionate person as a f%$king liberal. I truly believe if Christ were around today the conservative Christians would brand him as a liberal hippie type freak, I say these people are NOT Christians and make a mockery of the religion. They twist the words of the bible so they can feel Christ-like but still hate, be greedy, rejoice in the deaths of many, ignore the suffering of many and pursue selfish self centered lives. They cannot have it both ways!!! I am so sick of these people that they have shaken my own faith. I'm sure a lot of KKK members and neo-nazis go to church on Sundays! Oh yeah, they also love sports and think Joe Paterno was great!