KONY 2012

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Skul
Forum Admin

KONY 2012

Post by Skul »

KONY 2012

Someone... stop this man. I want to live in a world where shit like this never happens. I refuse to die without being able to say I live in a better world than I grew up in. Stop him. Kill him.

But what can we do?

...Make him known, and we will kill him.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: KONY 2012

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote:KONY 2012

Someone... stop this man. I want to live in a world where shit like this never happens. I refuse to die without being able to say I live in a better world than I grew up in. Stop him. Kill him.

But what can we do?

...Make him known, and we will kill him.
Thank You Skul for posting the link above!

Here is the description under the video:

--------------------------------------------------
Uploaded by invisiblechildreninc on Mar 5, 2012

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

HOW TO HELP:
Donate to Invisible Children: https://www.stayclassy.org/checkout/set ... ?eid=14711
Purchase KONY 2012 products: http://invisiblechildrenstore.myshopify.com/
Sign the Pledge: http://www.causes.com/konypledge

DIRECTOR: Jason Russell LEAD EDITOR: Kathryn Lang EDITORS: Kevin Trout, Jay Salbert, Jesse Eslinger LEAD ANIMATOR: Chad Clendinen ANIMATOR: Jesse Eslinger 3-D MODELING: Victor Soto VISUAL EFFECTS: Chris Hop WRITERS: Jason Russell, Jedidiah Jenkins, Kathryn Lang, Danica Russell, Ben Keesey, Azy Groth PRODUCERS: Kimmy Vandivort, Heather Longerbeam, Chad Clendinen, Noelle Jouglet ORIGINAL SCORES: Joel P. West SOUND MIX: Stephen Grubbs, Mark Friedgen, Smart Post Sound COLOR: Damian Pelphrey, Company 3 CINEMATOGRAPHY: Jason Russell, Bobby Bailey, Laren Poole, Gavin Kelly, Chad Clendinen, Kevin Trout, Jay Salbert, Shannon Lynch PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: Jaime Landsverk LEAD DESIGNER: Tyler Fordham DESIGNERS: Chadwick Gantes, Stephen Witmer

MUSIC CREDIT:
"02 Ghosts I"
Performed by Nine Inch Nails
Written by Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor
Produced by Alan Moulder, Atticus Ross, and Trent Reznor
Nine Inch Nails appear courtesy of The Null Corporation

"Punching in a Dream"
Performed by The Naked and Famous
Written by Aaron Short, Alisa Xayalith, and Thom Powers
Produced by Thom Powers
The Naked and Famous appear courtesy of Somewhat Damaged and Universal Republic

"Arrival of the Birds"
Performed by The Cinematic Orchestra
Written by The Cinematic Orchestra
Produced by The Cinematic Orchestra
The Cinematic Orchestra appears courtesy of Disney Records

"Roll Away Your Stone"
Performed by Mumford and Sons
Written by Benjamin Lovett, Edward Dwane, Marcus Mumford, and Winston Marshall
Produced by Markus Dravs
Mumford and Sons appear courtesy of Glassnote Entertainment Group LLC

"On (Instrumental)"
Performed by Bloc Party
Written by Bloc Party
Produced by Jacknife Lee
Bloc Party appears courtesy of Vice Records

"A Dream within a Dream"
Performed by The Glitch Mob
The Glitch Mob appears courtesy of Glass Air

"I Can't Stop"
Performed by Flux Pavilion
Flux Pavilion appears courtesy of Circus Records Limited
--------------------------------------------------

I have just now subscribed to the YouTube channel.

Yeah! This Joseph Kony needs to take a dirt nap!
KONY 2012.JPG
KONY 2012.JPG (54.31 KiB) Viewed 378 times
It's getting way past his dead time!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I saw this yesterday morning, he definitely needs to be stopped. It looks like the campaign has already received a lot of attention and I hope that it succeeds in bringing him to justice. This should be on the front page of every news website so everybody knows who Kony is, but unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet. I didn't know about Kony at all until I watched the video yesterday, so it amazes me how little recognition people like him receive from the media.

To anyone who is unaware of Kony, I strongly recommend watching the video. It's half an hour long and it is very depressing, but this is something people need to be aware of.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Don't be so sure about this, guys. From what I've read, Invisible Children, Inc (The company that created the video and accepts the donations) is flawed. They donate the money that they receive to the Ugandan military in the hopes that it will help them find Kony. What people don't realize is that the Ugandan military is known for raping people and for being extremely militant (Not that much different than the LRA). And from the donations that they receive, they only donate a small percentage (I think it's about 1/3 or less) to the military in Uganda. I've also read that Invisible Children, Inc support the Sudanese People's Liberation Army, which also uses child soldiers.

Then there's the moral side to it. What happens if we do find and capture him? Life in prison? Execution? Does that really make us better than him? You're donating to see someone else suffer and morally, that's wrong. Besides, will killing Kony fix the corrupt Ugandan government? No, because he's no longer a part of it.

Here's where I received most of my information:

http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/189097 ... tay-as-far

http://pomee.tumblr.com/post/1889960176 ... -than-good
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence