Sports "nerds," traitors??

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Re: Sports "nerds," traitors??

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

DanTran wrote:No entertainment. A smart person shouldn't engage in such trivial things. Reading and listening to classical music is the only entertainment an "intelligent" person should be interested in.

Everything else makes you a sheep.
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this idea. Everyone needs some form of entertainment, including intelligent people, and it is simply ridiculous to expect every intelligent person to use reading and classical music as their only forms of entertainment. Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize winning theoretical physicist, is a perfect example of this. He experimented with drugs, played the bongos, and frequented strip clubs. And he was by no means unintelligent, as he made many major contributions to the field of physics. If I remember correctly, his second wife divorced him because he would do calculus problems in his head all day. It would be difficult to argue that he was not an intelligent person, and his entertainment interests certainly didn't only pertain to reading and classical music.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Brigoon!!!

When Zimmerman called 911, he was told NOT to follow the suspect, and to let the police handle it.

But NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zimmerman left his car to follow Trayvon!

Zimmerman was armed with a gun, and Trayvon was u-armed!

Also, whatever behavioral problems Trayvon had in the past, on the night in question, he was not doing anything illegal, but was only coming home from a small corner grocery store with a can of Ice Tea, and a bag of Skittles for his little brother.

That night, he was minding his own business!

Yeah, if Trayvon has been dealing drugs, then he should go to jail for it. OK?

What ever illegal activities Trayvon was involved in, then he should go to jail for it, like anyone else.

But whatever, Trayvon is not a rapist, or a child molester.

Yeah, so he had some behavioral problems, and did get a suspension from school because of an incident.

But, he did not deserve to get shot!!!

If that's the case, than I guess I also deserve to get shot, because I was once suspended from school because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium. Never mind that I had a crippled up left knee, and never mind that was passing all my other academic subjects, like SCIENCE AND MATH, and history, geography, etc. etc.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Climbing a rope in the gym was more important.

I felt it was unfair that I was to be suspended from school.

So, the school principal gave me two options.

1.) Be suspended and go home to my parents.

2.) Refuse suspension, get locked up in a closet over night, and have the authorities haul me off to the state detention facility!

I chose being sent home to my parents.

Yeah! Wouldn't that be nice? Having a criminal record for being physically handicapped and failing to climb a rope in the gym?

So, I guess that someday I will deserve to be shot dead in the streets by some redneck yokel because my past record is less than perfect.

Yeah! I have been in jail a couple of time for disorderly conduct. Of course, each time I was only in for the day, and I would have a friend post bail, then I would hock my TV to pay him back. Then when the court hearing would come up, I would plead "guilty with an explanation" and then, the judge would just order that I pay a fine instead of jail.

This happened to me twice, each incident was about 12 years apart.

Hey! After having my head bashed against a brick wall by an adult when I was only a kid, and having been punched in the stomach with a basketball so hard that I nearly blacked out, and after having been beaten and raped by an older man when I was 17 years old, I think I'm entitled to occasionally behave in a disorderly manner when someone really pisses me off.

Oh! And I also have a hoodie, a dark blue one that I wear when I go out in cold wet and windy days to keep my head warm and dry!

People have been wearing hoodies for decades. When I was a teenager, I had a red hoodie and a grey hoodie.

Yeah! Zimmerman thought Trayvon looked suspicious because he was wearing a hoodie on a cool wet night.

Hey! Since when are we to be judged by the clothes we wear by some moronic gun toting retard still in shitty diapers?

So, Trayvon was far from perfect.

But hey! When Trayvon was only 9 years old, he risked his life going into a burning house to rescue his father, and that should count for something!

And so, once again . . . .

. . . . and . . . .

Now! Go die!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:Also, whatever behavioral problems Trayvon had in the past, on the night in question, he was not doing anything illegal, but was only coming home from a small corner grocery store with a can of Ice Tea, and a bag of Skittles for his little brother.
:mrgreen: HAHAHA MEDIA SHEEP DETECTED

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... glary-tool

Fat Man wrote: But, he did not deserve to get shot!!!

he got jumped by Trayvon, Zimmerman didn't just open fire. Trayvon approached from behind Zimmerman and asked "What you following me for?" *Bam* he proceeds to submit zimmerman to the ground and throws punches.

Called for help, noone came to help, resorted to self defense.

(The people that called the 911, told the police that Trayvon in fact.. was the one assaulting Zimmerman)

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH <--- Fat Man Moaning at Media's biased point of view.

By the way, since when is it allowed to put a bounty on someone?

FAT MAN ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
DanTran

Post by DanTran »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote: I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this idea. Everyone needs some form of entertainment, including intelligent people, and it is simply ridiculous to expect every intelligent person to use reading and classical music as their only forms of entertainment. Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize winning theoretical physicist, is a perfect example of this. He experimented with drugs, played the bongos, and frequented strip clubs. And he was by no means unintelligent, as he made many major contributions to the field of physics. If I remember correctly, his second wife divorced him because he would do calculus problems in his head all day. It would be difficult to argue that he was not an intelligent person, and his entertainment interests certainly didn't only pertain to reading and classical music.
He doesn't seem to be following the flock to me...bongos and strip clubs, huh? How does that fit in with music, sports, tv, or video games? Taking up an interest is much difference than being "entertained

I'm not against hobbies (hiking, playing an instrument, chess) as long as it isn't sports related.
You may disagree with me, but Feynman isn't a very good example.
Refuse suspension, get locked up in a closet over night, and have the authorities haul me off to the state detention facility!
Fat Man, I love ya, but this seems highly improbable. Do you have any proof of this type of treatment on the part of your school?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening DanTran:
DanTran wrote:
Refuse suspension, get locked up in a closet over night, and have the authorities haul me off to the state detention facility!
Fat Man, I love ya, but this seems highly improbable. Do you have any proof of this type of treatment on the part of your school?
I only have my memories of what was said to me in the principals office, and don't have any documented proof. Only my memories.

I remember begging, please don't lock me up in the closet! I'll go home and never come back since I'm not allowed in this school anymore.

Yes, I remember it all topo well.

But things are getting worse in our schools.

Recently a little girl in school had a temper tantrum. The police was called, and she was hauled away in handcuffs.

Another kid got arrested just for belching in the classroom. He was tazered and arrested.

This actually happened.

In fact, I have been signing petitions online against this sort of thing.

Now, on to other matters . . . . .

In response to Brigooooooooooooonnnnn!!!

Hey! If Zimmerman had listened to the people at 911, when they told him NOT to follow the suspect, and let a cop handle it, if he had followed their advice, none of this would be happening, and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now!

Actually, I prefer not having any discussion with you! But, let us continue anyway . . . . .

So, what part of "DO NOT FOLLOW THE SUSPECT" do you not understand?

OK, if I were out walking alone at night, and I saw someone following me, stalking me, I would want to know why, and maybe I would confront that person myself, and tried to punch his lights out.

So, if Zimmerman got the crap beat out of him by Trayvon, then Zimmerman deserved it!

Trayvon should have punched his lights out, then while Zimmerman laid there unconscious, Trayvon could have walked safely home and he'd still be alive today.

And of course, when Zimmerman regained consciousness again, he would have staggered back to his car, and drove home.

Of course, he would have lost face with his redneck buddies back at the bar and would have been made fun of for allowing a black kid to get the best of him.

So, to make himself out a hero among his trailer trash buddies, he shot and killed Trayvon, to make himself look good!

Yes, I'm sure that a fight did ensue between Trayvon and Zimmerman, but Trayvon only had his fists, not knowing that Zimmerman had a gun, until it was too late.

Now, how far can you throw your fists?

I would assume, no further than arm's length. Right?

A bullet can go a country mile!

Zimmerman claims self-defense.

Sorry, but a gun against fists, to me, that is not self-defense! It's cowardice!

Hey! I've been in a few fist fights myself, and to be honest, I've lost more fights than I had won.

In the small town where I lived up in Minnesota as a kid, we use to get into fist fights lots of times.

So, I've had my share of black eyes and bloody noses, and I've even given a few black eyes and bloody noses while defending myself.

Then, when the fight was over, we'd go our separate ways.

So, even when I had lost a fight against some neighborhood bully, I never though of getting a gun and going after him.

Even though I was a nerd and didn't like sports, and was often bullied around, I was not a sissy, I would fight back, and if it happened on the school grounds, I would get punished while the bully who started the fight would get off Scott-free, and was never held accountable.

Even if I lost the fight, I was not a cry-baby about it.

When I'd come home, my mother would ask what happen, and, to quote a phrase that my stepfather once said when he came home drunk with a black eye, "The sidewalk flew up and hit me"!

My mother would say, that a black eye, or a bloody nose was a badge of honor, because, even it I had lost the fight, at least I had the guts to stand up to the bully, win or lose.

And even when I got into trouble in school because I had defended myself against a bully, my mother was still proud because I had the guts to fight back, even it I had lost the fight and got suspended for a couple of days, she was still proud because I stood up for myself.

Then, she would call the school, and demand that I be allowed back in, because I had not started the fight, but was only defending myself.

My mother would say, "Yeah, my son is a nerd and a geek, but he's not a sissy!"

So, Zimmerman is a cry-baby coward who pulled out a gun on an UN-ARMED kid, because he was losing in a fistfight! Aw! Boo hoo! Poor baby!

As for the photo of the back of Zimmerman's head, I HAVE HAD WORSE HAPPEN TO ME!

When my 5th grade teacher bashed my head against the corner of a concrete block walk, in and argument over an Astronomy book that he would not allow me to check out from the school library (as I had mentioned so many times before) I was 11 years old at the time, and from that day on, and during my teenage years, I would get these headaches and dizzy spells. I could not lay down on my back, because the room would start rocking from side to side, and I would get up, shake my head a little, and the dizzy spell went away.

I also had frequent headaches during my teenage years. Yeah! Alka Seltzer on the rocks became one of my favorite drinks when I was a teenager. (On the rocks, means, with some ice cubes in it, in case you're too fucking stupid to figure it out!)

Yeah! Uh huh! This was my favorite drink when I came home from school, and through out my teenage years. I would put a slice of lemon in it. Yeah! I had come to LOVE Alka Seltzer! I was practically addicted to it!!!

Now, Canada Dry Seltzer is my favorite drink on hot summer days. I like either Lemon Lime or Mandarin Orange.

Eventually . . . . . during my teenage years, the dizzy spells and headaches became less frequent, and when I was in my 20s I didn't have the dizzy spells and headaches anymore.

So, I switched over to Canada Dry Seltzer instead. I love it! It's the only zero calorie drink I like, that, and coffee, black.

Imagine, my getting my head bashed against a brick wall, in an argument over a book!

Anyway . . . . .

When I had been in fist fights, I didn't run home crying to Mommy. No, I would just simply come into the door, pissed off as all Hell, but not crying like a baby about it.

She would take care of me, put an ice pack on my black eye, and she would still comfort me, saying I was brave for standing up for myself. My mother would be the one crying instead.

As I have said before, the back of Zimmerman's head in the pity-pot photo you had posted above, I have had even worse than that done to me!

So, Zimmerman got exactly what he deserves!

He should have taken the advice from 911, and not follow Trayvon. He was told NOT to follow the suspect, but he got out of his car anyway.

He's just a retarded little Kindergartener who wanted to play cowboy! Like, bang bang you're dead!

Aw! Poor Baby Zim Zim! Trayvon punched him with his fists! So, Baby Zim Zim got out his little bang bang! Oh! How cute!

Oh! But then, Baby Zim Zim eventually had to go jail jail and post bail bail!

Yeah! Like, I guess I'm suppose to feel sorry for Baby Zim Zim when I see that photo of the back of his head! Eh? Is that it?

Sorry, Bubbah! But, no dice!

None of you rabid sports fans ever showed any sympathy toward me, every time I had mentioned that I got my head bashed against a brick wall by an adult in and argument over an Astronomy book I wasn't allowed to read, when I was only in the 5th grade.

No, instead, I get called a disgrace to humanity because I'm fat, and I'm not good at sports!

But, Oh!!!

You feel sorry for a COWARD WHO SHOT AND KILLED AN UN-ARMED BLACK KID!

Well . . . . . FUCK YOU brigoon!!! You're just another sanctimonious scum-bag piece of dog shit!

GO CRAWL INTO A SEWER, EAT SHIT, AND DIE!!!

This forum post was sponsored by the makers of Alka Seltzer.

. . . . . and also by the makers of . . .

Image Image

Canada Dry Seltzer - Lemon Lime & Mandarin Orange

And now a word from one of our sponsors . . . . .

Plop plop fizz fizz
Oh what a relief it is!
Plop plop fizz fizz
Oh . . . . . what a relief . . . . . it is!

Now Brigoon, take a cyanide capsule, and go die!

In the meantime, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee and smoke a cigar!

Roger Wilco over and out!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

DanTran wrote:He doesn't seem to be following the flock to me...bongos and strip clubs, huh? How does that fit in with music, sports, tv, or video games? Taking up an interest is much difference than being "entertained
While I don't have any evidence for it, I'm pretty sure Feynman, along with countless other geniuses, listened to music, and not just classical music. You can't figure out how to play the bongos after only listening to classical music throughout your entire life.
DanTran wrote:I'm not against hobbies (hiking, playing an instrument, chess) as long as it isn't sports related.
You may disagree with me, but Feynman isn't a very good example.
Unless you're saying Feynman hired prostitutes at the strip clubs he went to (for which there'd be no reason to believe, of course), it wouldn't count as a hobby. It's entertainment, just like sports or television.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

Yes, history is something I love, but too much of one thing gets boring and old. So no, I also like to read, watch sports and do other things like that. I don't constantly read to learn I read for fun or watch sports to be entertained.

So what if I am following the masses? What is with young people today wanting to be different and not like everyone else? IT's nuts if you ask me. YOu are not better then anyone else just cause you like science and only want to do that.

Sports are not for dumb people, it takes great skill and ability to do what they do and it is actually amazing to watch them pull off some of the things they do on the field/ice/court. Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass and actually gave it a chance you'd see.

Pisses me off when you intellectuals act like you are so much better then everyone else cause you don't watch sports or follow the flock. Fuck off man, you are no better then anyone and to me you sound like a real loser if all you want to do is the BS you do.

I'm done with this damn thread and your so called superiourity. Have a nice day and fuck off loser!

Spor
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Oh fucking WOW!!!

I just got to respond this one!!!

OK, my responses will be in heavy red text.
sportslover wrote:Yes, history is something I love, but too much of one thing gets boring and old. So no, I also like to read, watch sports and do other things like that. I don't constantly read to learn I read for fun or watch sports to be entertained.

Well, I also like to read for fun and not just for the science. I have read many science fiction and fantasy novels. Most educated people have read fiction along with their usual science books or technical journals.

So what if I am following the masses? What is with young people today wanting to be different and not like everyone else? IT's nuts if you ask me. YOu are not better then than anyone else just cause because you like science and only want to do that.

So! Are their actually young people today wanting to be different and not like everyone else? Well, if this is so, then, that is certainly good news!!!

Oh yes indeed! It's good to know that there are some young people who are not going to the slaughter house like cattle, or to get shorn like sheep!

Sorry to disappoint you Bubbah! But we don't all wish to join you in the march of the lemmings off the nearest cliff, or get in line to drink the poison Kool Aid!

Oh, and by the way . . . . . I happen to know for a fact, that not all of those people died from drinking the cyanide laced Kool Aid. Yeah! I happen to know someone who's been there, who was in the army, and who went to Jone's Town in Guyana back in 1978 to help in recovering all those bodies. I'm not going to say the name of the person I know, because I'm sworn to secrecy concerning the person's name.

But here is the straight dope on Guyana and the Jones Town tragedy. Many of then died from a bullet in the back trying to get away. Yeah! Some of them got hip to what was really about to come down, and tried to get away, and were shot in the back while attempting to leave, with their families.

Of course, you won't hear of this in the NEWS media. You've all been lead to believe that they ALL died from drinking the poison Kool Aid, when a lot of those people died from a bullet in the back trying to get away.

No, we are not suppose to know this, that not all people are going to continue to blindly follow some self-proclaimed religious authority, but will eventually wake up, and try to get away. No, we're not suppose to know this, because they're afraid that not everybody is going to eat the bullshit that is being fed to us on a daily bases.

So, when you ask "What is with young people today wanting to be different and not like everyone else?" you're really asking why, not everybody want's go get in line and drink your poison Sports Kool Aid!

And you would probably stab anyone in the back who refuses to follow your lead!

YOU CONTEMPTIBLE SWINE!!!

Sports are not for dumb people, it takes great skill and ability to do what they do and it is actually amazing to watch them pull off some of the things they do on the field/ice/court. Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass and actually gave it a chance you'd see.

Oh yeah! It's amazing to watch a spherical ball pass through a metal hoop! And it's so fucking amazing to see an oval-shaped ball get dropped kicked into the air!

Oh, my goodness gracious! It's almost as amazing as watching grass grow or watching paint dry.

Gee! I'm so impressed!

I guess I really must be a moron to not appreciate that!

FUCK YOU JUMBO!

My head has never been up my ass!

No, I've always been looking toward the sky, and hopefully, toward our future destiny, but I'm beginning to have doubts if humanity will ever get out there, because swine like you, who grovel in the mud with pigs, are ruling the roost!

Pisses me off when you intellectuals act like you are so much better then than everyone else cause because you don't watch sports or follow the flock. Fuck off man, you are no better then than anyone and to me you sound like a real loser if all you want to do is the BS you do.

Uh, excuse me. Sorry to give you the bad news, but, people who don't follow the flock ARE much smarter than you! We don't march of the cliffs with the lemmings, and we don't get in line to drink your poison Kool Aid!

Oh yes indeed! Intellectuals are real losers alright! Like the loser who developed the polio vaccine, or the losers who sequenced the DNA genome, or the losers who are searching for a cure for AIDS. Would you like to know about some more losers out there?

Oh! That's right! They really are losers because they don't win football games!

Forgive me! I stand corrected!

You win! Take your marbles and go!

STRAIGHT TO FUCKING HELL!

I'm done with this damn thread and your so called superiourity superiority. Have a nice day and fuck off loser!

Spor

F- (Not just for bad spelling or poor grammar, but also for being a Kool Aid sucking moron!)
Thank you very much sportslover for your very informative post.

Thanks for showing us the error of our ways!

Oh WOW, boys and girls! Are we in Dutch!

Kool Aid anyone???

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

You totally missed out the point fatty. I bet you are the only one that didn't get it.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:You totally missed out the point fatty. I bet you are the only one that didn't get it.
You mean, because I disagree with you that I have missed the point.

Ok, I'll make sure I don't miss any of the points that you have tried to make.

I'm a parasite because I get a disability check!

Trayvon Martin was a dirty coon nigger boy who deserved to get shot.

Zimmerman had every right to shoot Trayvon, and Zimmerman is a hero.

OK, not let me correct some more points I might have missed in the past in response to some other members.

I'm a disgrace to humanity because I don't do sports and I'm too fat.

I deserved to get my head bashed against a concrete block wall, because I wanted to read a book.

I deserved to get beaten and raped by an older man when I was 17 years old.

There! Have I now corrected my past mistakes?

Or am I still missing any more points?

Please let me know.

Ah yes! Confession is good for the soul!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

It's ok Fatty, I won't try to explain you, It's no use. you'll stay in your "head up your ass" state.

either that or your stupidity knows no bounds.

Did you ever read the Encyclopediadramatica input about you?

Did you know why did they laugh or Trolled you specifically? if you don't know READ the WHOLE thing. I though by now you would have realized something. but no... you're too much of a tinfoil conspiracy guy to even NOTICE.

You're the most naive, moronic, not to mention clueless person on the internet. your mental "problems" don't make up for stupidity.
btw. I did mention a old guy was my classmate, and he also graduated. What about you?

I think the real sickness you really suffer is "Terminal Lazyness"

I'll continue to lurk on these boards. just to laugh at your over-dramatic - unbased posts :mrgreen:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Brigooooooon!!!

Fuck you!

You're a worthless piece of shit!

I hope somebody sticks a knife in your throat!

I hope somebody beats you to death with a lead pipe!

Better yet, I hope somebody shoves a stick of dynamite up your ass and lights the fuse!

Fuck you! I'm tired of arguing with you!

I sincerely hope you die a horrible and painful death!

As for Encyclopedia Dramatica . . . people have committed suicide after having been harassed by those cyber-bullies!

Yeah! You must think it's funny!

Now, get out of here you worthless piece of dog shit!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: Now, get out of here you worthless piece of dog shit!
No. :P
DanTran

Post by DanTran »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote: While I don't have any evidence for it, I'm pretty sure Feynman, along with countless other geniuses, listened to music, and not just classical music. You can't figure out how to play the bongos after only listening to classical music throughout your entire life.
Unless you're saying Feynman hired prostitutes at the strip clubs he went to (for which there'd be no reason to believe, of course), it wouldn't count as a hobby. It's entertainment, just like sports or television.
You're misunderstanding the point, and to be honest, that's a good thing.

What would you say if Feynman was a sports fan? You could say that it surely didn't detract from his genius (I'm not a physicist, is he in the pantheon of physicists? I have no idea, I'll assume he's a genius because you say so)

Hunter Thompson, who was was a hero of mine in high school, (I've matured since then) wrote an article for Rolling Stone called Fear and Loathing at/in the super bowl. If I remember correctly, this chronicled his drug-fueled gambling in Las Vegas, where he bet on every aspect of the game (every single down and what-not, I'm not sure of the technicals), and his meet with Al Davis, owner of a football team (Oakland Raiders). He was very athletic, even joining a club that would help him play high-school sports. He is considered a sports writer BUT none of the work that he is known for has anything to do with sports! Had he continued with this, I'm sure literary circles wouldn't include him as a landmark journalist and writer.
I'm sure if Feynman recorded bongo albums, they wouldn't be well received, and there's no recognition or award for going to strip clubs. Einstein worked in a patent office because doing menial work helped him open up his mind. He isn't well known for his exceptional work there. Their genius doesn't come from popular culture, and no popular culture icon can be a genius. Do you see where I'm going with this?

It's alright to have a hobby (such as popular ones that I've attacked in previous posts) but that doesn't make you exceptional, it just makes you like everyone else. We're all human after all, but if we want to rise above that, we need to take part in something higher than ourselves. You have to witness, and understand genius before you can be a genius. (Of course I'm not saying that I am one)

Anyway, what I mean is, if you criticize sports, you have to criticize other forms of entrainment. Like I said in another post in another topic, you can't be inconsistent. That'd make you a hypocrite

Sportslover: Why the harsh language?

As for Fat Man and Brigan....I'm not even going to get involved.
Earl

Post by Earl »

As the only currently active moderator of this forum, Iâ??m concerned about retaining what few members we now have. This forum needs members desperately. I donâ??t want any of the few members run off. Iâ??m not worried about losing either Brigan or Fat Man. Iâ??m concerned about members such as sportslover and DanTran.

I hope sportslover will continue to post. Heâ??s a far cry from abusive sports fans and deserves to be respected for that reason alone. I donâ??t know why he got upset. Perhaps he has a â??hot-buttonâ? issue, just as I myself have had over the years. I hope he will come back. When youâ??re posting online and you care deeply about an issue, youâ??re more likely to lose your temper than you would in real life. Speaking to all the members who arenâ??t sports fans: Instead of responding with sarcasm, we should be pleased when sports fans agree with us on one or more issues. In fact, Iâ??ll go out on a limb and point out that activity in this forum is always greater when a sports fan is present, rude or polite.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related