Sports "nerds," traitors??

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
DanTran

Re: Sports "nerds," traitors??

Post by DanTran »

Activity is good, yes. But when a good amount of it is trolling and arguing, who wants all of that?

I like debating with you guys, because at the end of the day, we all have the same principles. When it comes to sports fans, we just live to make each other angry...there's nothing wrong with a guy like sportslover, but we shouldn't want to attract rude sport fans.

Do you know of any ways to attract new members Earl? And why are you concerned about me, what would drive me away?
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

DanTran wrote:What would you say if Feynman was a sports fan? You could say that it surely didn't detract from his genius (I'm not a physicist, is he in the pantheon of physicists? I have no idea, I'll assume he's a genius because you say so)
It wouldn't change my opinion on him at all if he was interested in sports.
It's alright to have a hobby (such as popular ones that I've attacked in previous posts) but that doesn't make you exceptional, it just makes you like everyone else. We're all human after all, but if we want to rise above that, we need to take part in something higher than ourselves. You have to witness, and understand genius before you can be a genius. (Of course I'm not saying that I am one)
I don't think people should be concerned about whether or not their interests or hobbies make them exceptional, unless it gets in the way of something that would make them exceptional. It's clear that your friend from high school did not let his interest in sports deter his intelligence. Similarly, Richard Feynman didn't let his interests hinder his work. In fact, much of his work in physics took place in the strip club he went to. He would work with the complex equations on bar napkins while he was there.
Anyway, what I mean is, if you criticize sports, you have to criticize other forms of entrainment. Like I said in another post in another topic, you can't be inconsistent. That'd make you a hypocrite
But I don't criticize sports any more than other forms of entertainment. I don't really have any problem with sports, I'm simply not interested in them. I actually do criticize some other forms of entertainment much more than sports, such as reality TV (e.g. Jersey Shore) and gossip magazines/TV (e.g. TMZ).
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
DanTran

Post by DanTran »

I guess we can agree to disagree...

A person's interests shape who they are. If a person likes sports (or Jersey shore, it's all the same) it shows that they have a weakness in their character. No matter how smart they might be. Remember, it isn't just about intelligence it's also about integrity. Feynman played the bongos and went to strip clubs. So what? Those aren't normal interests (interests that a "sports fan" or a reality tv fan wouldn't have). They are peculiar. If you're trying to paint this guy as an average joe, good ole boy, it isn't working. Very intelligent people aren't like the rest of us, that's why they drink themselves to death so much. The standard isn't the same. However, if you said he was a sport fan, I'd begin to wonder, maybe even question his intelligence, and maybe put him at the same level as the rest of us. . I hate Thompson now because of his work with sports..btw If I told people my only hobbies were playing the bongos, going to strip clubs, and physics, they'd think I was nuts.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

DanTran wrote:Those aren't normal interests (interests that a "sports fan" or a reality tv fan wouldn't have). They are peculiar. If you're trying to paint this guy as an average joe, good ole boy, it isn't working. Very intelligent people aren't like the rest of us, that's why they drink themselves to death so much. The standard isn't the same.
I'm sure geniuses have many normal interests, you just won't find them in the biographies of those people because normal things aren't really worth mentioning. I sometimes watch movies, although I'm certainly not a film enthusiast. Because I have an average level of interest in movies, if someone was to hypothetically write a biography about me after I passed away several decades from now, there would be no mention of me watching movies. Nobody would know for sure that I occasionally watched movies. For this reason, you can't easily determine the interests of certain geniuses and whether or not they had normal interests. Nevertheless, I'm sure many of them did.

However, if you said he was a sport fan, I'd begin to wonder, maybe even question his intelligence, and maybe put him at the same level as the rest of us.
I don't see how you could question the intelligence of someone who made a tremendous amount of innovation in the field of physics (something which can only be done by the brightest people) simply because they have an interest in sports. If they demonstrate a high level of intelligence, and contribute to the world with their knowledge, why should a person's interests that only affect their personal lives have any influence on their intellectual reputation?

I don't understand the need to be different from everyone else. I recognize that a person shouldn't do something simply because everyone else does it, but I don't see why someone must not do something simply because everyone does it. I think a person should pursue their interests regardless of whether or not most people share the same interest. If playing the bongos and going to strip clubs was more common, would this make Feynman any less of a genius? Whether an interest has a massive following or not doesn't change that interest's effect on a person's intellectual output. In the end, intellectuals like Feynman provide us with knowledge that can be very useful to us, which makes it seem tedious to me to judge whether or not that intellectual shared common interests with the masses outside of their work.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening DanTran, HugeFanOfBadReligion, and Earl.

OK, about this on going battle between me and Brigoon.

He had brought up Encyclopedia Dramatica and Brigoon seems to (think?) it's a good source of reference materials.

IT IS NOT!!!

I received a private message over a couple of years ago, with a link to a page at Encyclopedia Dramatica that was devoted to me.

On that page was my home address, exactly were I live, and my phone number. After that, for over a month. I was getting woke up in the middle of the night with harassing phone calls, until I finally changed my phone number.

I have checked out a few other pages over at Encyclopedia Dramatica and saw horrible photos of people having been mutilated.

I had nightmares after seeing those pages!

Also, at Encyclopedia Dramatica they seem to think rape, and children being sexually molested is a big joke! There have even been instances where people have taken their lives after having been harassed by those cyber-bullies on that web site, after their personal information had been posted on the web pages.

And there is nothing that can be done about it!!!

Also, that same year, this forum was hit by multiple harassing posts by trolls from 4chan another internet forum that is frequented by cyber-bullies. I was their main target, because as everyone here knows, I'm the most out-spoken critic of sports and the sports culture.

Then, last year, we had another new forum member Fit Man who I call Fit Shit because he came here primarily to harass me.

He even devoted a forum topic to me, Friday August 05, 2011 at 9:32 PM, titled . . .

Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exercise
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=1&t=7777

He called me a disgrace to humanity!

Oh! He claims to be against bullying, but he seems to have made an exception in my case.

And every time I tried to say anything in my defense, Brigoon would say it was IRRELEVANT!!!

OK, EVERYBODY!!!

I suspect that Brigoon is probably just another troll from 4chan because, he had to bring up the subject of Encyclopedia Dramatica and it brought back some very bad memories!

OK, about a couple of years ago, I came across this rather interesting article about 4chan, and all the other chans, and I posted the article in the OFF TOPIC section of these forums, which I had posted, Thursday May 13, 2010 at 1:15 AM.

It is titled . . . . .

THE CHANS, 4 CHAN, 7CHAN, 12CHAN AND THE PEDOPHILES!!!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4576

OK. Now if our mutual friend Brigoon is a troll from the chans, then he is probably a pedophile himself!

Yeah! He's going to make a fine attorney when he gets out of law school! Yeah! Uh huh!

He's a low-life scumbag piece of shit who lays on his back to suck dog cocks and licks the bottoms of the boots of football players.

For all I know, he might even have dead kids buried under the basement of his house!

Oh gee! Am I being cynical again!

I hope so!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

To the assholes known as Fatman and Dan.

No I've decided to not be done with this forum, thanks to a nice email from Earl, thanks Earl, I'm back after thinking about what you wrote.

Dan, can't take the harsh language? You attacked first buddy boy. With you and your assholish attitude of thinking your better then everyone cause you would rather spend time playing chess or studying science.

Well again I'll say you're not you dumbass. You are a LOSER, a nerd a geek. Chess? Come on, chess sucks and is the biggest waste of time on this planet. You call sports a waste of time? HAH look at chess first LOSER!!!

ANd yes fatman it does take GREAT skill to do what sports figures do on the field, dispite what you think. IT takes SOME brains to play football, hockey or basketball. You don't see many monkeys or any other animals being able to play sports like that do you?

Science is boring and if you want to waste your life constantly studying it and being a dumbass geek fine by me. But you ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT better then any of us you LOSER!!!

So I give you, fatman and anyone else that thinks they are better cause they prefer chess and science a big!!

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

DanTran wrote:I guess we can agree to disagree...

A person's interests shape who they are. If a person likes sports (or Jersey shore, it's all the same) it shows that they have a weakness in their character. No matter how smart they might be. Remember, it isn't just about intelligence it's also about integrity. Feynman played the bongos and went to strip clubs. So what? Those aren't normal interests (interests that a "sports fan" or a reality tv fan wouldn't have). They are peculiar. If you're trying to paint this guy as an average joe, good ole boy, it isn't working. Very intelligent people aren't like the rest of us, that's why they drink themselves to death so much. The standard isn't the same. However, if you said he was a sport fan, I'd begin to wonder, maybe even question his intelligence, and maybe put him at the same level as the rest of us. . I hate Thompson now because of his work with sports..btw If I told people my only hobbies were playing the bongos, going to strip clubs, and physics, they'd think I was nuts.

How and why does liking sports cause a integrity or issue about their intelligence hmm? Again thinking you are better then us cause you enjoy nerdy things

And people wonder why the jocks and sports fans pick on the nerds. YOU BRING IT ON YOURSELVES LOSER!!!
HugeFanOfBadReligion

I'm glad you haven't left the forum sportslover, but
sportslover wrote:Science is boring and if you want to waste your life constantly studying it and being a dumbass geek fine by me.
Ouch. Why should anyone who wants to learn more about the world around them have to be a geek, and why should it be a waste of their life? To you it may seem boring, but to some, the universe is fascinating along with the explanations as to why the universe is the way it is.

sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I'm glad you haven't left the forum sportslover, but
sportslover wrote:Science is boring and if you want to waste your life constantly studying it and being a dumbass geek fine by me.
Ouch. Why should anyone who wants to learn more about the world around them have to be a geek, and why should it be a waste of their life? To you it may seem boring, but to some, the universe is fascinating along with the explanations as to why the universe is the way it is.

Because it is boring, sure it should be a part of schooling but who'd wanna sit around just learning about science all the time?

Funny thing is you guys say the same damn shit about sports ALL the time on here, how boring and stupid it is.

Why shouldn't someone ALSO want to watch and marvel at the skills and abilities of man and women physically. IT's not boring if you give it a chance and it takes some brains ya know.

But no around here it's science science science, nothing else. I like to read about history but that's not what my whole life is based around cause I am a normal person, not a freak that only does one thing day in and day out!!!

I don't care if I'm pissing you off either fat man, cause I've had enough. Bring it on fat bitch!!!
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:Previous post of Fat Man bitching out by twisting my post.
Thank you for proving that you're too stupid to realize that when I suggested Encyclopedia Dramatica it was for you to realize why did they target you specifically, not to worship them.

You drooling moron. It seems the jocks and you have someting in common.
Single digit IQ.

ARE YOU STILL EVEN TRYING ANYMORE FATMAN? (a.k.a. The Media Sheep)

Brigan wrote:Did you know why did they laugh or Trolled you specifically? if you don't know READ the WHOLE thing. I though by now you would have realized something. but no... you're too much of a tinfoil conspiracy guy to even NOTICE.
Last edited by Brigan on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

sportslover wrote:Because it is boring, sure it should be a part of schooling but who'd wanna sit around just learning about science all the time?
Uhhh, Albert Einstein, Max Planck, Marie Curie, Ed Witten, Richard Feynman, Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, Charles Darwin, Antoine Lavoisier, Michael Faraday, Werner Heisenberg, Lise Meitner, James Clerk Maxwell, etc. i.e. many of the smartest people who have ever lived.
Funny thing is you guys say the same damn shit about sports ALL the time on here, how boring and stupid it is.
I will congratulate you if you can find any recent post of me saying that sports are stupid.
Why shouldn't someone ALSO want to watch and marvel at the skills and abilities of man and women physically. IT's not boring if you give it a chance and it takes some brains ya know.
I can respect the fact that some people do find sports fascinating, and I can also respect the fact that some people aren't fascinated by science. Different people enjoy different things. But basically what you've said is that science is boring but sports aren't, without respecting the fact that some people enjoy science and don't enjoy sports. Believe me, I've given sports a try, and I've never been able to develop a long term interest in it. But it bothers me that you have no respect for the people who enjoy science, the people who have in the past advanced our knowledge to help our society in enormous ways. You wouldn't be able to read this post right now if it weren't for those people.

Just to clarify, allow me to state that I also disagree with the people on this site who say that sports are definitively boring while science is not. As I've stated earlier, it's all a matter of perspective as people have different appreciations for different things, and we need to respect the fact that some people are interested in some things while others aren't.

Also, in case you think that all scientists are boring people, allow me to say that is far from true. If you read my previous posts about Feynman, you'd find that he was not a boring person. In fact, he was extremely outgoing. When he was working on the Manhattan Project to develop the atomic bomb (this was at the time when there was the threat that Nazi Germany would also develop nuclear weapons), he went to the lockers where top secret files were kept, and tried a few numbers that he thought physicists would choose as their lock combination. The number that worked was Euler's number, 2.71828, and he removed the files to make everyone think that they were stolen by enemy spies. The man certainly had a sense of humour.

But no around here it's science science science, nothing else. I like to read about history but that's not what my whole life is based around cause I am a normal person, not a freak that only does one thing day in and day out!!!

I don't care if I'm pissing you off either fat man, cause I've had enough. Bring it on fat bitch!!![/quote]

sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

Okay maybe not you, but alot of posters here seem to dispise sports and find it boring and for stupid people.

To dedicate your life to science and things like that and do nothing else is BORING. That is what I meant and that is what Danasshole thinks smart people should do.

We are not sheep just cause we like sports danass, you are no better then us LOSER!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, sportslover!!!

I WISH YOU HAD BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT, AND HAD A CRIPPLED UP KNEE, AND WHEN YOU WERE IN SCHOOL HAD BEEN UNABLE TO RUN, AND WALKED WITH A LIMP, AND THEN GOT SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL FOR FAILING TO CLIMB A STUPID ROPE IN THE GYMNASIUM EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE PASSING ALL YOUR OTHER ACADEMIC SUBJECTS!

THEN YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND BETTER HOW I FEEL!

MY LIFE WAS FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF SPORTS IN SCHOOL! IT EVENTUALLY LEAD TO MY HAVING AN EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL BREAKDOWN AND I SPENT THREE WEEKS IN THE STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL WHERE I WAS BEATEN BY THE WARD ATTENDANTS AND ONE NIGHT RAPED BY AN OLDER MAN!

WHEN I CAME HOME I WAS ALL FUCKED UP IN MY HEAD BECAUSE OF IT!

AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE HAVE TO HAVE SPORTS IN OUR SCHOOLS!

WE DON'T NEED SPORTS AND NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO LIKE SPORTS!

SO, GET OVER IT!!!

And yes, chess is a great game.

I was once in this coffer house where they had chess games.

I loved the atmosphere, classical music pipe in, shelves loaded with books, people playing chess having intellectual conversations. It was cool and relaxing.

Much better than going into a sports bar where they have 3 big screens TV with the volume turned up to the max, each one on a different game, and a bunch of smelly rednecks with their pants sliding half-way down on their butts showing off their ass-cracks and yelling at the TV screens.

I wish all the fucking retards like you could be exterminated.

Then America would be a much nicer place to live, there would be no more Republicans, no more jocks, we would have better schools where the good students won't have to worry about jock-bullies.

. . . and I would not have to worry about getting . . . . .

BEATEN AND RAPED!

NOW GO EAT SHIT AND DIE!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
SO, GET OVER IT!!!
Actually yeah we do, It's entertaining to see how people push the Human Body to it's limits.

It's not boring to see the skills they develop in order to Score, make a goal, etc.

Not everyone can do what they can, For instance, You can't do shit. you just cry on the Internet.

and don't blame your past, You have 60+ Years. It's time to let the past go and Grow the fuck up.

You goverment spoiled brat.

With Love.
Brigan.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
SO, GET OVER IT!!!
Actually yeah we do, It's entertaining to see how people push the Human Body to it's limits.

It's not boring to see the skills they develop in order to Score, make a goal, etc.

Not everyone can do what they can, For instance, You can't do shit. you just cry on the Internet.

and don't blame your past, You have 60+ Years. It's time to let the past go and Grow the fuck up.

You goverment spoiled brat.

With Love.
Brigan.
HEY YOU LITTLE FUCK-TARD!

I ONLY GET A LOUSY LITTLE $650 DOLLAR PER MONTH SSI PENSION.

IT'S MY RETIREMENT PENSION FOR DOING THE HARDEST WORK THERE IS!

THAT IS, BEING A HUMAN PUNCHING BAG AND A HUMAN TACKLING DUMMY FOR THE SCHOOL JOCKS TO PRACTICE ON!

AND IT'S INVOLUNTARY AND YOU DON'T GET PAID FOR IT!

IN THE MEANTIME, SOME DROOLING MORON GETS PAID $5 MILLION DOLLARS JUST FOR CHASING A BALL AND A FREE HUMMER AFTER HE HAD RAPED SOMEBODY!!!

BUT I GOT BEATEN AND BULLIED AROUND IN SCHOOL AND MY HEAD BASHED AGAINST A BRICK WALL BY A SPORTS OBSESSED TEACHER WHO DIDN'T WANT ME CHECKING OUT ASTRONOMY BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY!

SORRY, BUT I'M UNABLE TO HOLD ONTO A JOB DUE TO MENTAL ILLNESS. I HAVE TRIED, AND WHEN I'M UNDER TOO MUCH EMOTIONAL STRESS, I LOSE IT!

ALSO, IT'S MUCH HARDER TO EVEN GET A JOB WHEN YOU HAD BEEN IN A STATE MENTAL FACILITY!

HEY! BE HAPPY I'M ONLY GETTING A LOUSY LITTLE $650 DOLLARS PER MONTH.

IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO FINISH COLLEGE AND EVENTUALLY GOTTEN A JOB TEACHING SCIENCE IN A UNIVERSITY, THEN I WOULD BE GETTING PAID $80,000 TO $120,000 PER YEAR, THE COST OF A BRAND NEW HUMMER THAT IS GIVEN AWAY FREE TO FOOTBALL PLAYERS!

SO, YOU SEE, BY GETTING BEATEN AND RAPED, AND GETTING TOO FUCKED UP IN MY HEAD TO FINISH SCHOOL OR HOLD A JOB, A LOT OF MONEY WAS SAVED THAT WAY!

I GET MY LITTLE $650 PER MONTH, AND FOOTBALL PLAYERS GET THEIR FREE HUMMERS!

SO, BY NOT HAVING A DECENT CAREER AND GETTING ONLY $650 PER MONTH INSTEAD OF THE $100,000 DOLLARS PER YEAR THAT I WOULD OTHER-WISE HAVE BEEN GETTING, I HAVE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR 20 HUMMERS TO BE GIVEN AWAY TO FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

AND MY REWARD FOR HELPING TO PROMOTE SPORTS, AGAINST MY WILL, WAS TO GET BEATEN AND RAPED!

ALSO, BE THANKFUL I DON'T KNOW YOUR REAL NAME AND WHERE YOU LIVE, AND THAT I CAN'T AFFORD TO TRAVEL ANYWAY, BECAUSE I WOULD COME OVER THERE AND BEAT YOUR HEAD IN WITH A LEAD PIPE!

ON YOUR MAMA'S PORCH WITH YOUR MAMA LOOKING ON!!!