introduction and general comments

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
sportsareuseless

Re: introduction and general comments

Post by sportsareuseless »

ok detroit sports fan,
i see your point - yes, sports can be a form of entertainment like many other things - but it STOPS there...what is the real intrinsic value of sports? i see them as hollow examples of entertainment at best.
with my 375 hours that i've calculated above, i'm (for example, instead of watching the red sox) learning mandarin chinese, taking a karate class once a week, joined a philosophy group, etc - i could go on and on. the point is, i just dont see any meaning to sports beyond a shallow and really valueless form of entertainment. why not do something that stimulates you?! something that makes you feel alive, something that connects you to people on a DEEP level.
also, it annoys me when people get so attached to players, like they're friends with you - let me make this very clear - pro athletes do not give a SHIT about you - look at manny and the red sox, pedro too..they are loyal to the dollar, not YOU - so it sickens me when i see idiots idolize people like sports figures, cause they couldn't care less. as long as you keep paying to watch them play, they'll "like" you.
it also pisses me off that some new pitcher for the yankees is getting paid $7,000/PITCH, but say, i don't know, cancer researchers working to save millions of lives are paid less than $100,000 a year. Manny made $19.5 million last year, and i know a chemist working on finding out what household items cause cancer and he makes $65,000/year. Where have our values gone?
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

It's hilarious how you guys act like it's wrong to love sports, and anyone who does is an idiot.

Many, many people love sports. However, very few get the opportunity to be apart of it their entire life. There are many adults who have been rooting for their favorite team since they were little kids, so why would they stop? It's equally hilarious how you guys assume all sports fans think sports are everything and the only thing that matters. Go to a baseball game, football game, etc. You will find in a loss that people may be a tad upset their team lost, but not throwing a fit, or some of the things you guys seem to think they do.

Why are athletes so well paid? Why do stadiums cost so much? Because sports are THAT popular.

Sorry folks.
sportsareuseless

Post by sportsareuseless »

"Why are athletes so well paid? Why do stadiums cost so much? Because sports are THAT popular."

yes, i realize this - thats the POINT - they shouldn't be that popular.
even you as a sports fan must admit..the vast majority of people who likes sports just are not that smart - sports are entertainment for the simple man.

"There are many adults who have been rooting for their favorite team since they were little kids, so why would they stop?"
haha, yes, the conditioned tribal response and not questioning anything - you were raised a certain why, why ever change that?! lets be who were we conditioned to be from the time we were children and never think outside the box and question things..sports are like religion - they are pushed into your brain when you are very young when your intellectual defenses are weak so you have a difficult time questioning it later in life - classic decognition (brainwashing).
if you had seen sports for the first time when you were say, 18 years old compared to a young child, you could actually objectively see the meaningless of such activities. but just like a stubborn christian for example that can't see how much bullshit the bible ACTUALLY is, you as a sports fan can't objectively see how meaningless sports actually are. give an 18 year old a bible for the first time and try to convince him that Jesus is real! he'd laugh in your face!

"tad upset their team lost, but not throwing a fit, or some of the things you guys seem to think they do."

tad upset? do you know how many fistfights i have witnessed between sports fans? one good example, showing how civilized sports fans are - outside fenway park in a bar i see a yankees and red sox fan get into a huge argument over the game and it ends up in fists - the red sox fan grabs a beer bottle from his friend and attempts to throw it at the yankees fan, but misses and it shatters on a woman's forehead. blood everywhere. it was fucking REPULSIVE. out of utter rage and disgust i nearly jumped in and punched that asshole for what he did, but then i realized i would just be stooping to his level.
i have so many more of these stories, i think you get the point though - but in case you don't believe me, how about red sox fans rioting and burning cars after they WON in 2006?! it boggles my mind. also, the hundreds of people killed every year from soccer riots around the world. lives lost, and for what?
do you honestly think sabathia deserves to get paid $7,000 a PITCH while i know a social worker helping rape victims for $35,000 a YEAR? please.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

They shouldn't be paid that much just to throw a fuckin ball. I'm going to be laughing from the pits of hell when everyone has cancer in the future because they couldn't afford to pay for research due to the fact they've wasted it on stadiums, sports supplies, and pitchers that were overly motivated.
Also, you should be thankful such research is actually being done, but you shouldn't assume that because sports assletes get paid more for throwing a ball than a chemist or a scientist gets paid a year that they're more important to society for the moment. Don't make me have to break out the salary table for different careers!
It's ok if someone watches sports for the hell of it, but it's not ok when they enforce watching the shit. It's also not ok when they go ape shit over "their" team losing. It's not ok if they say that a person is gay or retarded if they don't like sports. And sports players of any kind shouldn't get that type of posh treatment when the only thing they do is put on a show and essentially play all day. I could see how Sportsareuseless' theory on "the dumber they are, the more likely they're attached to sports" is true in many cases.
It's so unfortunate that many sports fans refuse to smell normal, though. My school smells like giant asscheeks with feet on a daily basis. The main offenders are usually the people that do play sports [with "usually" meaning "not all of them, dumbass"]. When I see someone in a jersey or a sports-oriented t-shirt [maybe some jogger's pants and those ugly ass sneakers], I usually automatically hold my breath as to not get the stench in my mouth. Good thing I got perfume to help get over the wretched smell, but sometimes even THAT doesn't work. Some may admit it smells like an unkept zoo in the school sometimes, which is pretty bad.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:It's hilarious how you guys act like it's wrong to love sports, and anyone who does is an idiot.

Many, many people love sports. However, very few get the opportunity to be apart of it their entire life. There are many adults who have been rooting for their favorite team since they were little kids, so why would they stop? It's equally hilarious how you guys assume all sports fans think sports are everything and the only thing that matters. Go to a baseball game, football game, etc. You will find in a loss that people may be a tad upset their team lost, but not throwing a fit, or some of the things you guys seem to think they do.

Why are athletes so well paid? Why do stadiums cost so much? Because sports are THAT popular.

Sorry folks.
Athletes are so damn well paid because if we don't keep them monkey-boys happy, they'll go on a rampage and over-turn cars, smash windows, and set fires, and rape our women. They'll run rough-shod through our cities like the barbaric hoards that they are!

Football is a scum-bag-piece-of-shit-do-nothing type of endeavor that produces nothing but obnoxious grunts and groans and pollutes the air with locker-room smells!

Football is as useless as, well, tits on a Nun and Balls on a Priest.

Sorry Bubbah! Not everybody cares for your shitty sport.

LIKE, GET OVER IT!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Are you capable of having a conversation without ranting and making a fool out of yourself?

Your whole post was wrong, and none of it is worthy of a decent response.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Are you capable of having a conversation without ranting and making a fool out of yourself?

Take a shower you stinking scum-bum!

You're stinking up these forums with your presence! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

I smelled corruption brewing, too! Now, what to do now?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

blackdog4444 wrote:I smelled corruption brewing, too! Now, what to do now?
I really don't know!

I guess we will just have to come to these forums with clothes-pins on our noses!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Maybe even put gas masks on so the stench doesn't burn our eyes? My, oh my!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Fat Man wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Are you capable of having a conversation without ranting and making a fool out of yourself?

yup, as expected.

Dumb rant with almost nothing factual, you just try and "talk" loud to get your point across.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

yup, as expected.

Dumb rant with almost nothing factual, you just try and "talk" loud to get your point across.
Aw come one!

Everybody knows how bad it smells inside football locker rooms!

You can smell it from all the way across campus!

And gymnasiums all that the musky smell!

PEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUU!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

yeah, because of the body odor from after you sweat, and EXERCISE.

you never sweat before FatMan?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:yeah, because of the body odor from after you sweat, and EXERCISE.

you never sweat before FatMan?
I always shower, every day.

But when I went to school, some of the jocks would come into the classrooms smelling up the entire room.

And if anybody said anything about it, we would get bullied around!

Now, you're stinking up these forums with your mere presence!

PEEEEEUUUUUUUU!!!!

HIT THE SHOWERS! MONKEY-BOY!!!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

yeah, because they actually got some exercise during gym class

the only reason I say this is because you advertise the fact that you are fat, but maybe if you would of sweat a little more you wouldn't be in the shape you are today?