"Pulsar Star"

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Brigan

"Pulsar Star"

Post by Brigan »

i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: "Pulsar Star"

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:Image
WWWELLLLLLL??? DON'T YA HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY? :o :o :o

Anyway . . . . .

Cool picture! I like it!

Actually, a pulsar is a rapidly rotating small white neutron star.

There is one in the Crab Nebula, the remains of a super nova, a widely-observed event, by Arab, Chinese, and Japanese astronomers recording the star's appearance in 1054 CE.

It's now known to be a small neutron star about 28 to 30 kilometers in diameter rotating at about 30.2 revolutions per second!!!

Anyway . . . . .

The picture of the blue star is cool!

I like it.

Thanks.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Re: "Pulsar Star"

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:
Actually, a pulsar is a rapidly rotating small white neutron star.

There is one in the Crab Nebula, the remains of a super nova, a widely-observed event, by Arab, Chinese, and Japanese astronomers recording the star's appearance in 1054 CE.

Wasn't the Crab Nebula discussed by Carl Sagan in the original "Cosmos" series? I seem to remember him saying it was the only supernova in historical times thus far that was visible to the naked eye.