fascinating interview with Brian Sims (You Tube video)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

fascinating interview with Brian Sims (You Tube video)

Post by Earl »

I sure wish the forum allowed for the posting of You Tube videos. That being said, watching this rather interesting video is worth the trouble of being ejected from the website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocG5tqBd0QU

I see more than one stereotype being broken here. Wonderful! :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
DanTran

Re: fascinating interview with Brian Sims (You Tube video)

Post by DanTran »

Why would this eject you from the forum? :lol:

No stereotypes have really been broken here. If that man was not a football player like the others, he would have been ridiculed, tormented, and sodomized for being gay. As is the custom. The other players don't see it as a problem because they know they need him on their side to win football games. I bet behind his back they call him "fag" and all other sorts of terrible names.
Earl

Post by Earl »

DanTran wrote:Why would this eject you from the forum? :lol:
I wasn't clear, was I? What I meant was, if the reader of my post above wanted to watch the You Tube video and clicked on the link I provided, he would then be automatically ejected out of the forum and even from the website itself -- although he'd still be able to return to the website and access the forum once again. This doesn't happen at seemingly most other websites. Clicking on a link simply opens up a window without displacing the webpage on which the link was provided. (Gee, I hope that was clear! :roll: )

DanTran wrote:No stereotypes have really been broken here. If that man was not a football player like the others, he would have been ridiculed, tormented, and sodomized for being gay. As is the custom.

The stereotype to which I was referring is a particularly hurtful one that for generations has been aimed at young nonathletic boys who have no interest in sports. Even today some adult "authorities" will say that a lack of interest in sports on the part of a young boy is a sure sign that the boy quite likely has homosexual tendencies. Guys like the former college player Brian Sims ...

... and the former NFL player Esera Tuaolo (who once played in the Super Bowl) ...

... give the lie to this stigmatization of nonathletic boys.

DanTran wrote:The other players don't see it as a problem because they know they need him on their side to win football games.

How true that was! He was valuable to the team, one of their valued players. Didn't matter he was gay.

DanTran wrote:I bet behind his back they call him "fag" and all other sorts of terrible names.

In the You Tube video, Sims does say that his teammates came to his defense when a coach made a disparaging comment at his expense during some sort of practice. I have no doubt, though, that if and when a professional player "comes out of the closet" before he retires from the NFL, other players will retaliate violently against him by breaking his legs or some other criminal assault.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

DanTran

Post by DanTran »

Players don't care about one another at all. Like you said, they'd be swift to assault a player (in the NFL) if they found out he was gay! Maybe even kill him!! I'm not sure if it has ever happened before, but we have pretty good evidence to suggest that it could! And that is, jocks would do something like that. Oh, how I hate the NFL!!!
Earl

Post by Earl »

It's a shame that you have lied through your teeth in this forum instead of being honest. That makes you even worse than an abusive poster.