not spam, please read with an open mind

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

not spam, please read with an open mind

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

I intend to make this a respectful post...Ray please allow some people to read and reply before you delete this, I ask you that in the most respectful and polite way possible.

While I absolutely love sports, I don't think it's wrong to not like them. I get along with plenty of people who aren't too big on sports in my school everyday. What I disagree with is your guys views, and obscene stereotypes regarding athletes and sports fans in general.

I can see why some may say money for sports could be used elsewhere. On the surface, this is probably true.

However, hear me out. Sports are as big a part of pop culture as anything in our country, including entertainment. This interest in sports is what causes kids to begin to like sports, and some eventually grow up to get a job that deals with sports. Sports have also brought people together, and made people happy countless times. The Yankees after 9/11, the Detroit Tigers in 1968 after the riots, the New Orleans Saints after Hurricane Katrina. All of these teams helped their city and it's people heal a little bit faster and it took everyones mind off of what was happening. It cannot be disputed that sports had a positive impact there.

There are other examples. Watch Gridiron Gang, Coach Carter, or Remember the Titans. All of these movies showed examples of where sports helped young adults turn their lives around. Those movies are all based on true stories.

There are also countless examples of autistic or mentally challenged kids being impacted in a positive way by sports. Whether that be in high schools, or by professional athletes, it happens ALL the time.

Sports also provide a HUGE amount of jobs. Think of all the high school coaches, the college coaches, and pro coaches. Then think of all the athletic directors, sports writers, sports announcers, people who work in stadiums. That number is astronomical. I already know what some of you might say to that. "Well, their jobs are meaningless and they could be better fit elsewhere." Fact is, that's wrong, and this is a free country. People(for the most part) do what they want with their life. If someone doesn't want to be a scientist or doctor, then they don't have to. You do what makes you happy, and most people working in sports are happy.

Sports aren't the only thing that keeps us fit, but it's one of the biggest things. America is already the fattest country, where would we be without sports? Probably much fatter.

Also, you guys have it all wrong about 99 percent of sports fans, which leads me to believe you don't know any sports fans. Look around on message boards, just because people are discussing sports doesn't mean they think it's life or death. Every sports fan I have ever met(online or real life) knows there is more to life, and sports are a game. Just because people get happy over a sporting event doesn't mean they think sports are everything, and just because they get mad doesn't mean they think it's the end of the world. Rooting for a sports team is something done just for fun, and as a means of entertainment and escape of everyday things. It's also done because people love the game, whether that be baseball, football, hockey, basketball, or whatever.

People who got picked on in high school by jocks, I truly am sorry. No one deserves to be picked on or made fun of in any way. However, I doubt you were picked on because you didn't like sports. Maybe a couple of isolated times, but i doubt that was the sole reason. The bottom line is, some kids can be mean in school, and for whatever reason they picked on you because you were different than them. Don't blame sports for that, because they are not to blame.

Ultimately, one of the main things you guys despise, sports fanaticism, is nonexistent. 99 percent of sports fans do have lives outside of sports. Go to a doctors office, or police station. I guarantee you will find that a lot of the men in there do enjoy watching sports. Most every sports fan has a life outside of sports.

Sports also help some people escape poverty. Some of you may say it's not fair that such and such gets to go to college because he can catch a ball. However, what's this country really doing about poverty anyway? Nothing as of right now, the last leadership of our president was atrocious. So in the end, it's better 1-2 out of 20 than zero, until the country does something.

As far as athletes being bad people, there are some, no doubt. However, there are far more who do good things for the community, and it's not even close.

In the end, sports have much more of a positive impact than bad. They help tons and tons of people be happy everyday, while they don't make nearly as many people mad or sad. The only negatives would be jocks in high schools being big headed about how good they are and picking on people, and getting special treament. The 2nd one does happen, and I agree that it's not right. Stadiums may also cost a little much, but they keep interest in pro sports going, and that interest in pro sports causes a cycle all the way down the line that helps a lot of people, FAR more than it hurts.

thanks for reading,
DSF08
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: not spam, please read with an open mind

Post by Fat Man »

OK! I just read your post.

By the way, you look pretty in pink!

Here are some facts for you.

Back in 1975 to 1978, when I was going to NMSU, New Mexico State University, in Las Cruces New Mexico, I was majoring in Astronomy and Physics. My Astronomy professors and my Physics professors, and my math teachers, they were paid about $35,000 dollars per year.

But the football coach, he was paid about $85,000 dollars per year.

Then, they build a new stadium that cost over $20 million dollars with a seating capacity of 20,000 people.

Put the most that ever attended any game was about 5,000 people.

In a stadium with a capacity for 20,000 the 5,000 would rattle around in there like a hand full of peas in a boxcar!

The stadium was a great big hole that was dug into the ground, and then lined with concrete with the bleacher mounted on the concrete.

Many of us protested the outrageous cost of the stadium.

Then they had a contest to see who could come up with the best nickname for the stadium.

Outside of Las Cruces, out in the desert toward the Organ Mountains, there is a great big hill with a big white latter "A" on it which stand for Aggies, the name of the football team.

The hill is named Tortugas Mountian, but we just called it "A" Mountain.

So, the majority of students voted to them the new stadium "A" Hole!

Why not?

We have an A Mountian, so why not an A Hole!!!

Well, all the sports fans and the jock, they were upset, and demanded that we select a different name for the new stadium.

But A Hole stuck, because we all said the the jocks and the sports fans were all a bunch of stupid A holes!!!

And you're an A hole!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

First off, I truly have no idea why you don't like me. I almost never personally attack you, while you attack me all the time. Not liking someone because they like sports is equally as dumb as not liking someone because they don't like sports.

Secondly, you ignored all the valid points brought up in my post.

I would like if you became cordial with me on here, because I can see you are capable of decent discussion when you're not ranting.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:First off, I truly have no idea why you don't like me. I almost never personally attack you, while you attack me all the time. Not liking someone because they like sports is equally as dumb as not liking someone because they don't like sports.

Secondly, you ignored all the valid points brought up in my post.

I would like if you became cordial with me on here, because I can see you are capable of decent discussion when you're not ranting.
When I had mentioned about the bullying that I had been subjected to over the years, you said that it was a long rant over NOTHING, and that is was once isolated incident.

Being denied a decent education, you called that NOTHING!

There was a number of incidents, not one isolated incident, and you called it NOTHING!

I would still like to give you NOTHING across the teeth with my cane, and send your lower jaw swinging around to the back of your neck so that for the rest of your life, you would be sucking NOTHING but mush through a straw!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Dsf08, I would be amiss if I didnâ??t acknowledge the times youâ??ve not reacted disrespectfully to several posts that I submitted. I do appreciate that. That being said, this is the first time youâ??ve ever addressed us as a group respectfully. Previously you addressed us in a combative, mocking spirit.

My resentment is really centered around one sport -- football. At most high schools in this country, the football players are automatically elevated to the top of the social hierarchy AS A GROUP instead of as individuals; and no distinction is made between those who are actually decent kids and those who are arrogant jerks or violent thugs. When it came to the cliquishness of social life at my high school, most of the football players were the worst offenders. How many high-school and college football players have no athlete friends who relate to them as EQUALS, not as sports fans who put them on a pedestal? Iâ??d say not many. Football players receive far more honor and recognition than nonathletic students who excel academically. (Yes, I realize that some football players excel academically as well.) Some high schools are actually bastions of anti-intellectualism, which has long been an element of American culture. There have been instances of high-school football players publicly denigrating some other student or students while they were being recognized for their own accomplishments.

According to a post-Columbine ESPN telephone poll of high-school students, of those athletes who bullied nonathletic students, 70.5 percent were football players, with basketball players in a distant second place around 9 percent. Interestingly enough, some sports contributed hardly any bullies at all. I realize that the bullying situation may vary from school to school. When he was in high school, a friend of mine had opened his locker when one of the football players came over and deliberately slammed the locker door on my friendâ??s hand so hard that he had to wear a cast; and it just happened to be the hand that he wrote with. The nurse who examined his hand told him that he was lucky none of the bones were broken. The football player who did this to my friend was never punished. My friend told me that bullying by football players at his high school was rampant, and that the coaches and the principals seemed to not care. One of these football players, whom I had admired in junior high, bullied a MENTALLY RETARDED KID, who had TWO strikes against him. He was physically weak, AND he was mentally retarded. Wow. And I thought football built character, as I had heard repeatedly over and over and over again as I was growing up. (I must point out that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, much to their credit, has condemned athletes who bully the physically weak, which is more than what the sports media has ever done.) There was even a rumor that one of the players had raped a girl, a newcomer who had been shy. The police came over to the girlâ??s home, and the family moved out immediately. Why the sudden move? Was it possibly because the girl wouldnâ??t stand a chance in court because of the popularity of the player, who would play at Southern Methodist University? The same year a girl offered herself to the whole football team. What a wonderfully wholesome, moral activity. The next day the girl was called down to the principalâ??s office, but none of the players were. By the way, this was not an inner-city school. It was an all-white (except for a single black kid, who was not a football player) school in an affluent neighborhood.

You tell those who were picked on by jocks that the reason was not that they did not like sports. You are absolutely wrong. They WERE picked on for being bad at sports, and the bullying began in their gym classes. You object to negative stereotyping of football players, who are an extremely privileged group. Do you object to the negative stereotype that nonathletic boys are subjected to, or are you laughing as I ask you this very question? Nonathletic boys are called wimps simply because they are not physically strong, even though there is no connection between physical strength or athletic prowess and moral courage. There have been great men of courage who never had any interest in sports. Donâ??t tell that to many boysâ?? PE coaches, though; or theyâ??ll have a conniption fit. One of the greatest heroes of World War II was Raoul Wallenberg, the intellectual Swedish businessman and civilian diplomat who saved the lives of more than 10,000 Hungarian Jews from the German Nazis and the Hungarian fascists. Was he a wimp? Wallenberg detested competitive team sports (gasp!); so I guess he wasnâ??t a â??real man,â? eh? Young boys who have no interest in sports are accused of having homosexual tendencies, a particularly vile stereotype that is considerably worse than the â??dumb jockâ? stereotype (which I donâ??t believe in, by the way). Nonathletic boys continually have their masculine self-esteem continually torn down because they are not jocks. I wonder if these negative stereotypes bother you.

Iâ??m 58 years old. The PE of my generation was a total disgrace for nonathletic boys. I donâ??t need to go into details. Theyâ??ve already been given in my letters in â??Letters 2009.â? If you scan through all the letters, youâ??ll find more examples of how bad PE was for nonathletes. I do support PE reform, and I enthusiastically support the innovative PE4Life program.

Another reason Iâ??m not a sports fan is that high-school and college football players and several other categories of athletes are not held accountable for the way they mistreat other people off the playing field. I have no doubt that there have been many cases of college football players committing rape or gang rape and getting away with it. (And donâ??t accuse me of making a stereotype! Iâ??m talking about individuals.) The conviction rate for athletes accused of rape is far, far less than the conviction rate for nonathletes accused of rape. Yes, I realize that some of the accusations are surely false; but NOT ALL OF THEM, as some (if not many) sports fans claim. I would like to see you tell the young women (and girls) who have been hurt that their numbers donâ??t count. All that counts is the big game.

I have a sister who worked for years as an investigative reporter. This means I know a lot about what real journalism is. I look at the sports media, and I feel like throwing up. Before Columbine, did the sports media or any sportswriter ever point out that any high-school or college football players were bullies? No, the view that was presented to the public was the every kid who donned a football uniform was a hero, that the epitome of masculinity was a jock, that no other model of masculinity was available for young boys. When has the sports media ever investigated any allegations of rape by football players? If the news media treated politicians the same way that the sports media treats football players and football coaches, the Watergate scandal never would have been reported; and none of the Clinton scandals would have even been mentioned. The sports media has really strange priorities. If a baseball player is suspected of steroid abuse, the sports media goes ape; but the rape or gang rape of a young women or a girl by football players doesnâ??t bother them. I should point out that the sports media will get upset when a football player mistreats DOGS. So the sports media has more concern about dogs than they do about women. The sports media really isnâ??t a journalistic institution. They have about as much journalistic integrity as Dr. Goebbels.

I have several good friends who played football in high school (one even played at a university). I value their friendships; so you canâ??t accuse me of being a bigot. Thereâ??s even more I could say, and I could have backed up what I said with more specific examples. But thatâ??s all Iâ??m going to say now. Iâ??m tired of writing this.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

While your story was unfortunate, you did exaggerate a bit and a little cry for help on your part would have done wonders for your situation. You didn't fight back against those teachers, and that's why you were left helpless. I do feel bad for you, but you would have found help had you tried to help yourself. The injury to your head was terrible and I feel sorry for you regarding that. Again though, people with much worse disablities have made it through school.

Denied a decent education? Hardly. You went to public school for free. You encountered some problems, but had you contacted authorities or something like that you would have been fine. You're not the first kid to ever get bullied either.

Isolated incident meaning you. You don't hear these cases all around the country because shit like that doesn't happen.

and BTW, none of these things happened to you because of sports. The teacher(that was what you said) who gave you head injuries was an asshole who happened to like sports, not someone who liked sports and was an asshole because of it.

There are plenty of non sports fans who are assholes too.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Earl wrote:Dsf08, I would be amiss if I didnâ??t acknowledge the times youâ??ve not reacted disrespectfully to several posts that I submitted. I do appreciate that. That being said, this is the first time youâ??ve ever addressed us as a group respectfully. Previously you addressed us in a combative, mocking spirit.

My resentment is really centered around one sport -- football. At most high schools in this country, the football players are automatically elevated to the top of the social hierarchy AS A GROUP instead of as individuals; and no distinction is made between those who are actually decent kids and those who are arrogant jerks or violent thugs. When it came to the cliquishness of social life at my high school, most of the football players were the worst offenders. How many high-school and college football players have no athlete friends who relate to them as EQUALS, not as sports fans who put them on a pedestal? Iâ??d say not many. Football players receive far more honor and recognition than nonathletic students who excel academically. (Yes, I realize that some football players excel academically as well.) Some high schools are actually bastions of anti-intellectualism, which has long been an element of American culture. There have been instances of high-school football players publicly denigrating some other student or students while they were being recognized for their own accomplishments.

According to a post-Columbine ESPN telephone poll of high-school students, of those athletes who bullied nonathletic students, 70.5 percent were football players, with basketball players in a distant second place around 9 percent. Interestingly enough, some sports contributed hardly any bullies at all. I realize that the bullying situation may vary from school to school. When he was in high school, a friend of mine had opened his locker when one of the football players came over and deliberately slammed the locker door on my friendâ??s hand so hard that he had to wear a cast; and it just happened to be the hand that he wrote with. The nurse who examined his hand told him that he was lucky none of the bones were broken. The football player who did this to my friend was never punished. My friend told me that bullying by football players at his high school was rampant, and that the coaches and the principals seemed to not care. One of these football players, whom I had admired in junior high, bullied a MENTALLY RETARDED KID, who had TWO strikes against him. He was physically weak, AND he was mentally retarded. Wow. And I thought football built character, as I had heard repeatedly over and over and over again as I was growing up. (I must point out that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, much to their credit, has condemned athletes who bully the physically weak, which is more than what the sports media has ever done.) There was even a rumor that one of the players had raped a girl, a newcomer who had been shy. The police came over to the girlâ??s home, and the family moved out immediately. Why the sudden move? Was it possibly because the girl wouldnâ??t stand a chance in court because of the popularity of the player, who would play at Southern Methodist University? The same year a girl offered herself to the whole football team. What a wonderfully wholesome, moral activity. The next day the girl was called down to the principalâ??s office, but none of the players were. By the way, this was not an inner-city school. It was an all-white (except for a single black kid, who was not a football player) school in an affluent neighborhood.

You tell those who were picked on by jocks that the reason was not that they did not like sports. You are absolutely wrong. They WERE picked on for being bad at sports, and the bullying began in their gym classes. You object to negative stereotyping of football players, who are an extremely privileged group. Do you object to the negative stereotype that nonathletic boys are subjected to, or are you laughing as I ask you this very question? Nonathletic boys are called wimps simply because they are not physically strong, even though there is no connection between physical strength or athletic prowess and moral courage. There have been great men of courage who never had any interest in sports. Donâ??t tell that to many boysâ?? PE coaches, though; or theyâ??ll have a conniption fit. One of the greatest heroes of World War II was Raoul Wallenberg, the intellectual Swedish businessman and civilian diplomat who saved the lives of more than 10,000 Hungarian Jews from the German Nazis and the Hungarian fascists. Was he a wimp? Wallenberg detested competitive team sports (gasp!); so I guess he wasnâ??t a â??real man,â? eh? Young boys who have no interest in sports are accused of having homosexual tendencies, a particularly vile stereotype that is considerably worse than the â??dumb jockâ? stereotype (which I donâ??t believe in, by the way). Nonathletic boys continually have their masculine self-esteem continually torn down because they are not jocks. I wonder if these negative stereotypes bother you.

Iâ??m 58 years old. The PE of my generation was a total disgrace for nonathletic boys. I donâ??t need to go into details. Theyâ??ve already been given in my letters in â??Letters 2009.â? If you scan through all the letters, youâ??ll find more examples of how bad PE was for nonathletes. I do support PE reform, and I enthusiastically support the innovative PE4Life program.

Another reason Iâ??m not a sports fan is that high-school and college football players and several other categories of athletes are not held accountable for the way they mistreat other people off the playing field. I have no doubt that there have been many cases of college football players committing rape or gang rape and getting away with it. (And donâ??t accuse me of making a stereotype! Iâ??m talking about individuals.) The conviction rate for athletes accused of rape is far, far less than the conviction rate for nonathletes accused of rape. Yes, I realize that some of the accusations are surely false; but NOT ALL OF THEM, as some (if not many) sports fans claim. I would like to see you tell the young women (and girls) who have been hurt that their numbers donâ??t count. All that counts is the big game.

I have a sister who worked for years as an investigative reporter. This means I know a lot about what real journalism is. I look at the sports media, and I feel like throwing up. Before Columbine, did the sports media or any sportswriter ever point out that any high-school or college football players were bullies? No, the view that was presented to the public was the every kid who donned a football uniform was a hero, that the epitome of masculinity was a jock, that no other model of masculinity was available for young boys. When has the sports media ever investigated any allegations of rape by football players? If the news media treated politicians the same way that the sports media treats football players and football coaches, the Watergate scandal never would have been reported; and none of the Clinton scandals would have even been mentioned. The sports media has really strange priorities. If a baseball player is suspected of steroid abuse, the sports media goes ape; but the rape or gang rape of a young women or a girl by football players doesnâ??t bother them. I should point out that the sports media will get upset when a football player mistreats DOGS. So the sports media has more concern about dogs than they do about women. The sports media really isnâ??t a journalistic institution. They have about as much journalistic integrity as Dr. Goebbels.

I have several good friends who played football in high school (one even played at a university). I value their friendships; so you canâ??t accuse me of being a bigot. Thereâ??s even more I could say, and I could have backed up what I said with more specific examples. But thatâ??s all Iâ??m going to say now. Iâ??m tired of writing this.
Thank you for replying respectfully with a well thought out post..

That said, there's some things I agree with you on and some things I disagree about.

Start with where we agree. While football players don't bully kids at my school, there's no doubt they get preferential treatment. Whether it be grades, or kind of doing what they want, they do kind of run the school, at least during football season.

Keep in mind that I haven't played football since 10th grade, I'm a senior now. However, my group of friends has always been the football players so I know all of these guys personally.

Honestly though, at my school, you don't get girls or necessarily gain popularity because you play football. The good looking kids get the girls, and the popular kids aren't always football players. There's a few really good football players who aren't necessarily liked by everyone.

As far as athletes getting away with crimes and such, I agree it's wrong, when it does happen.. But don't entertainers get away with a lot of crimes too? Famous=Better Treatment.

You said something about athletes have a much lower conviction rate on rape cases than non athletes. However, there are many females who say they got raped by athletes just to get money out of them. Look at the Kobe Bryant case. To avoid any confusion and harassment from others here, yes, I think any athlete who commits rape should be prosecuted to the fullest.

Calling someone a wimp because they're weak or anything like that isn't THAT harmless. Name calling for various reasons is very prevalent in today's elementary and middle schools, like it always has been.

At schools everywhere, there are bullies who don't play sports and there are bullies who play sports. From what I have seen in 18 years and while at public school I have noticed that more often than not the kids who play sports have their shit together and are all around good kids.

Lastly, I will say I strongly disagree with preferential treatment in anyway. I don't think it's right when teachers give athletes grades to make sure they're eligible, I don't think it's right when a kid gets into school solely because he knows people, and I don't think it's right that today most colleges will pick a minority over a white kid who has the exact same grades, and they'll take the minority almost every single time.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

I also think that most of the time I haven't been combatitive or mocking. Sure a little bit, but it's hard not to when you get attacked even when you try to have a decent discussion.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thank you for your polite response! Every incident I mentioned in my post is the truth. By the time I had finished taking PE in junior high, I had learned to fear coaches and athlete classmates. More needs to be said about the negative stereotyping of nonathletic boys by the macho crowd. It really is like an ideology. I'm going to repeat something I wrote in the 2009 Letters. Since I was being bullied at school and my grades were falling when I was an eighth-grader, my parents sent me to a psychologist (who turned out to be quite incompetent) who sent me to a judo instructor to take judo lessons. "Sam" (not his real name) was white, not Asian. He also was a former University of Houston football player. I always felt like an outsider in his judo classes. (Today I feel like I belong at my health club, where I work on a bodybuilding program.) I felt like he was patronizing me when he promoted me to brown belt, which I felt I didn't deserve. During the spring of my junior year in high school, I quit because I had had enough. Eight years later I found out when I visited him at his home why I had felt like an outsider. Without any prompting from me, he expressed some rather peculiar views. First of all, he condoned bullying. Then he told me that he had saved me from homosexuality! That's strange. I always thought that you couldn't save someone from something that he didn't even want to do unless it was about to be forced upon him against his own will. You see, he negatively stereotyped me when he first saw me because I was a withdrawn, slightly built boy who liked to read books about wildlife (as if this were a crime); so, naturally, I had to be a fag. He also let me know that he regarded only athletes and men in a few blue-collar occupations as being "real men." Intellectuals were wimps. He even denigrated Dr. Andrei Sakharov, the "Father of the Soviet H-Bomb" who became a courageous human rights activist who spoke out against the horrendous violations of human rights by the evil government of his own country. Sakharov had more courage in his little finger than "Sam" had in his entire beer-bellied body. I should have told the jerk to go soak his head; but I didn't dare, because he is a violent man. This bigotry against nonathletic boys and men seems to be widely accepted in the world of football. As far as celebrities getting away with stuff, I think Hollywood actors who are jerks (at least some of them) are exposed for who they are; but football players who are jerks (or worse) are usually not exposed by the sports media (unless they mistreat dogs). And I agree with you about preferential treatment in general. My resentment is not directed against you; so don't take this personally. I don't even know you.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

At the risk of being repetitive (and, believe me, I'm NOT being disrespectful), I still wonder why you frequent this website. I would just blow it off. (And by the way, I didn't think that other post of mine was BS.) I understand how a decent athlete would possibly be offended by some of the statements at this website; but how about jerks like Samdaman and Harold (see Letters 2009) who rant on and on about "gay nerds," "gay nerds," "gay nerds," "gay nerds." They probably bully nerds at their schools. I'd be surprised if they didn't. (Hey, that fits into my former judo instructor's view of nonathletic boys and men, doesn't it?) Isn't that hateful? This website has absolutely no power or influence. But if your feelings have been hurt, then I agree with you completely. People should be respected for their own talent and abilities. I truly respect and admire athletic prowess and achievement, but my respect goes away when arrogance and conceit enter the picture.

Earl

Post by Earl »

You say that "many females say they got raped by athletes just to get money out of them." Kathy Redmond, who is the founder of the National Coalition Against Violent Athletes, continually receives hate mail, has had her car vandalized three times, and has received many death threats. She clearly is being persecuted for what she is doing. If she were lying, do you think that she would continue to do this? No, she wouldn't. I certainly wouldn't. (By the way, who are the people terrorizing her?) The reason why athletes are far more likely to beat a rape charge than nonathletes is because of the BIAS in favor of athletes. All the defense attorney has to do is stack the juries full of football fans. You should do some research on this issue. What about all the people who say that ALL accusations of rape against football players are FALSE? I include in that category a conservative talk show host named Michael Schmerkovsky, who actually claims that rape charges are plotted by nerds! What a jerk! (I forgot how his last name is spelled.) A young woman who HAS been raped or gang raped by football players already has the deck stacked against her. The chance of her getting any justice is slight. She is likely to be raped (figuratively) by all those who will rush to the defense of the football players. Surely you can see this.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

OK Detroitsportsfan08!!!

Oh my! You really do look pretty in pink!

Anyway . . . . .

You say that sports in not the cause of kids getting bullied around in school.

WRONG!!!

I was bullied around because I did not like sports.

Also, sports is responsible for the declining quality of education in our schools, because the classroom subjects have been dumbed down, to make it easier for you monkey-boys to get passing grades.

I have mentioned this before, but I guess I'm going to have to say this again.

When I was in high school, back in 1969, I had this one science teacher who was the school's football coach, and during football season, he was too damn fucking busy, coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons to be teaching science.

So, instead, he would set up a film projector and turn off the lights, and go out the door, leaving us to sit in the dark, watching a bunch of stupid cartoons.

I wanted to learn science DAMN IT! If I had wanted to watch stupid cartoons, I could have just as easily stayed home and watched them on TV.

Then, back in 1996, I knew a teenager who went to the same school, and he said "I had this science teacher who is really cool! He doesn't make us study or anything like that. He sets up a TV and a VCR, and we get to watch cartoons! He is so cool!" and when I asked him the name of the teacher, it was the very same teacher I had.

So, after all these years, he was still teaching, and assuming he hasn't bought the farm yet, and is still teaching, he probably now uses a TV and a DVD player.

Talk about stupidity going high tech!!!

Then, back in 1984 to 1985, I was taking some computer courses at Dona Ana Branch Community Collage, which is part of NMSU, New Mexico State University in Las Cruces New Mexico. Yeah, the campus with the big A hole that I had mentioned before.

The campus Newspaper was called The Roundup. In it I had read in the Letters To The Editor section, some students were complaining about how they were going to be moved out of one of the dormitories, because the coaches and the Athletic Department thought that it would be a good idea if one of the dormitories was set aside for the football players.

It meant that these students would be displaced, and they would have to take time off from classes to look for another place to live. Most of the dormitories had no vacancy, so they would have to look for apartments off campus.

Many of them would not be able to afford what was available off campus, so it meant some would not have anyplace to live, and would have to leave NMSU.

In the Letters To The Editor, some of them asked "What next? Their own bus reserved for them, video games reserved for them in the Arcade? If IQ less than 50, insert coin!" and I also wrote to the editor.

I suggested that all the jocks be kept in the stables in the agricultural section of campus!

No, wait! I have a better idea. Just round up all the monkey-boys and put them in the zoo!

Sorry JIMBO, but I don't really give a flying fuck how politely you may express your views when posting on these forums, because it's all bullshit, and you're just smooth talking scum!

Better to know the whole ugly and obscene truth, rather then listening to pretty sounding lies!

You got that? JIMBO???

Earl

Post by Earl »

Okay! I give up! You win! You've finally convinced me. How could I have been so wrong? You're absolutely right. This website should be banned or turned into a sports website. I hope that you'll forgive me. Yes, sports is the center of American life. Football is life. Football does, indeed, build character. Nonathletic boys and men are feminized males. Nerds are just a bunch of fags. Every high-school and college football player deserves a ticker-tape parade down Main Street. They truly are the creme de la creme. The jock culture bemoaned by Robert Lipsyte and others is nothing but a myth. No one has ever been bullied by jocks. All the accusations of rape against football players are false. All sissies should be forced to participate in dodge ball games with them as the targets. Hit them in the face, I say! Break those glasses and make his nose bleed! If he's sensitive, let's make him cry! That will make a man out of him. Besides, that's how we get our jollies anyway. (Excuse me! I got carried away there for a moment.) I apologize to any and all sports fans who have been offended by my past comments at this website. And now I have a confession to make, and I say this with deep shame in my heart. I grew up in the fair state of Texas where football is King, never having any interest in learning how this most manly of all sports is played. To this very day I STILL don't know how the game of football is played! Oh, the shame of it! With my rebellious attitude I have insulted the only standard of masculinity there is. I will make amends and start watching and attending every football game I possibly can. I shall trouble you no longer.
Last edited by Earl on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: minor revisions to improve the text

Ivy league
Sports Bore

Post by Ivy league »

Fat Man wrote:OK! I just read your post.

By the way, you look pretty in pink!

Here are some facts for you.

Back in 1975 to 1978, when I was going to NMSU, New Mexico State University, in Las Cruces New Mexico, I was majoring in Astronomy and Physics. My Astronomy professors and my Physics professors, and my math teachers, they were paid about $35,000 dollars per year.

But the football coach, he was paid about $85,000 dollars per year.

Then, they build a new stadium that cost over $20 million dollars with a seating capacity of 20,000 people.

Put the most that ever attended any game was about 5,000 people.

In a stadium with a capacity for 20,000 the 5,000 would rattle around in there like a hand full of peas in a boxcar!

The stadium was a great big hole that was dug into the ground, and then lined with concrete with the bleacher mounted on the concrete.

Many of us protested the outrageous cost of the stadium.

Then they had a contest to see who could come up with the best nickname for the stadium.

Outside of Las Cruces, out in the desert toward the Organ Mountains, there is a great big hill with a big white latter "A" on it which stand for Aggies, the name of the football team.

The hill is named Tortugas Mountian, but we just called it "A" Mountain.

So, the majority of students voted to them the new stadium "A" Hole!

Why not?

We have an A Mountian, so why not an A Hole!!!

Well, all the sports fans and the jock, they were upset, and demanded that we select a different name for the new stadium.

But A Hole stuck, because we all said the the jocks and the sports fans were all a bunch of stupid A holes!!!

And you're an A hole!
To correct you post, the stadium, inside the ground is nicknamed, THE PIT(correctly UNIVERSITY ARENA).

And when you say only 5,000 fans? instead there are 18,000 screaming fans, in a capactiy of 18,000. -sold out

In fact, it has become one of the loudest fan sites IN THE NATION.

Here's a source to prove what i just said(I do not blurt out false non-sense like you, I back up my statements with FACTS:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics ... sity_Arena
[it's also on wikipedia, but i thought that i would find another relyable source, just in case]

I have never been to the university of new mexico, yet I know more than you know about UNM hahaha lol. And you attended there lol wow
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Ivy league wrote:To correct you post, the stadium, inside the ground is nicknamed, THE PIT(correctly UNIVERSITY ARENA).

And when you say only 5,000 fans? instead there are 18,000 screaming fans, in a capactiy of 18,000. -sold out

In fact, it has become one of the loudest fan sites IN THE NATION.

Here's a source to prove what i just said(I do not blurt out false non-sense like you, I back up my statements with FACTS:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics ... sity_Arena
[it's also on wikipedia, but i thought that i would find another relyable source, just in case]

I have never been to the university of new mexico, yet I know more than you know about UNM hahaha lol. And you attended there lol wow
Yeah! I just clicked on the web site link.
University Arena, more commonly known as The Pit, is a basketball only arena

An arena is an enclosed area, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theater, musical performances, or sporting events in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Albuquerque is the largest List of cities in the United States in the US state of New Mexico, United States.... on E Arena Dr SE @ Avenida Cesar Chavez & University Blvd SE with a capacity of 18,018. It serves primarily as the home of the University of New Mexico

The University of New Mexico is a public university in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was founded in 1889, and today offers multiple bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and professional degree programs....

Lobo New Mexico Lobo Basketball

The University of New Mexico established basketball as a Varsity team sport in 1899, but it wasn't until 1920 when they hired a new basketball coach....

Basketball

Basketball is a sport in which two teams of five players each try to score points on one another by throwing a ball through a hoop under organized rules....

The Pit was built in 1966 after the Lobos outgrew their previous venue, Johnson Gymnasium.

Michael Buffer is a professional ring announcer for boxing and wrestling matches.With his tuxedo and famous catchphrase "Let's get ready to rumble!", Buffer has become one of the most recognized faces in the world of sports entertainment thank...
announced a boxing match there, he added "La casa de los Lobos" which means "The house of the wolves" in Spanish.

The Pit is located at the intersection of University Boulevard and Avenida Cesar Chavez in southeast Albuquerque, across the street from University Stadium
University Stadium

University Stadium is a stadium in Albuquerque, New Mexico used primarily for American football as the home field of the University of New Mexico Lobo ....
and Isotopes Park

Isotopes Park, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is the home field of the Albuquerque Isotopes, a minor league baseball baseball team that plays in the Pacific Coast League as the Class AAA affiliate of the Florida Marlins.....

In 1999, Sports Illustrated

Sports Illustrated is an iconic weekly United States sports magazine owned by Mass media giant Time Warner ranked the Pit 13th in a list of the top 20 sports venues of the 20th century.

Lobo basketball at The Pit

The Pit has a reputation as one of the most hostile arenas in the country for visiting teams due to dark lighting and the large crowds of raucous Lobo fans seated right up to the edge of the court. Visiting squads are often forced to develop hand signals to communicate over the deafening roar. The Lobo basketball program enjoys a formidable home-court advantage at The Pit which causes many prospective opponents (most notably the Lute Olson)

Robert "Lute" Olson is the current men's basketball head coach at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona....
coached Arizona Wildcats

The athletic teams at the University of Arizona are known as the Arizona Wildcats, a name derived from a 1914 football game with then California champions Occidental College, where the L.A....
to refuse to play a home-and-home series with the Lobos.

The Lobo men's basketball team ranked in the top 10 nationally in total attendance every season from the opening of The Pit in 1966 through the 2000-01 season. Although attendance has declined somewhat in recent years, the team has continued to rank in the top 20.
And it's talking about basketball, and not football!

You really are a dumb ass!!!

The Lobos, that is Abuquerque, and NOT Las Cruces!

In Las Cruces, it's the Aggies!

The arena in Albuquerque is called The Pit. And it's a basketball court!

The Stadium in Las Cruces was called A Hole! And it's a football stadium!

At least it was called A Hole back in the 1970s when I attended NMSU.

I'm not a sports fan, but I do at least know that much!

WOW! You're even too fucking retarded to even be a sports fan! Maybe you should play Tiddly Winks instead, but you're such a fucking retard, that you might even fuck that up as well!

Now, I don't know if it is still called A Hole. They might have changed the name by now, I really don't know, nor do I even give a flying fuck.

But when I attended NMSU back in the 1970s, it was called A Hole!

And you are a fucking retarded A Hole!!!