Wanna See Something Funny?

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
Ray
Site Admin

Wanna See Something Funny?

Post by Ray »

I stumbled onto this page which is sort of a commentary on OUR page but at the bottom is a bunch of funny rebuttals from sports fans.

http://able2know.org/topic/130143-1

And one of the jocks presents this GOOFY diagram called THE PYRAMID OF SUCCESS as proof of basketball's noble goals. :shock:

It's a triangular shaped pile of blocks, each labeled with attributes like patience, loyalty, confidence, etc with lines drawn back and forth as if one depended on the other until at the very top is COMPETITIVE GREATNESS--it's a laughable attempt to make a science out of common sense and basketball.

Here's the truly astonishing part --google PYRAMID OF SUCCESS and dozens of results pop up! It seems like every high school and college coach across the country cites this masterpiece of overstatement and use it to teach!!!!! The author built a reputation as the creator of this non-sense! :lol:

The author is a basketball coach named Wooden and he has his own website where this document is enshrined for future generations.

http://www.coachwooden.com/

Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

I Hope We Lose!
Earl

Re: Wanna See Something Funny?

Post by Earl »

Hey, Ray (or anyone else who would be interested in checking it out), at the website page you've cited, I left a reply this afternoon to kuvasz (Post 3594340). So you won't be confused, the username I used at this website is wmwcjr, not Earl. Below kuvasz' dopey message, you'll find a dashed line. Underneath the dashed line and to the left is "1 Reply." Click "1 Reply" to make the first two lines of my reply appear, which will be underlined. You'll have to click on them to get the full text to appear. I really got mad. :x :x :x I just couldn't allow his smug jerk comments to go unanswered. Warning: For those of you readers who are already familiar with my views (because you've read my letters for this year and/or my postings), I don't say anything in this reply that you haven't already heard me say (I don't want to bore you); but I do tell the condescending jerk off rather effectively and eloquently, if I may say so myself. :mrgreen: Of course, he probably won't come back to the website and read my reply; but at least I let off steam. :D
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Wanna See Something Funny?

Post by Ray »

That was well said --what you wrote on the able2know site. And you're right --he did seem arrogant. When I have more time, I'll join that blog and have a go at him too! :)

I just don't know how much good it will do. Boneheads like him will never change.

BTW, I was able to read your whole post on page two without having to click on Reply.

I Hope We Lose!