People play football yet judge me for playing WoW

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Lewis

Re: People play football yet judge me for playing WoW

Post by Lewis »

People are hypocrites if they condemn WoW and not Football. I play video games and I don't see what the problem is with them.
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

There's nothing wrong with videogames.I just don't understand how people can get so hooked on them like my brother is.
Lewis wrote:People are hypocrites if they condemn WoW and not Football. I play video games and I don't see what the problem is with them.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

sports rox1234 wrote:There's nothing wrong with videogames.I just don't understand how people can get so hooked on them like my brother is.
Well, that's an honest enough answer.

And here is my assessment of sports fans.

Not all sports fans are sports bores.

I have a Jewish friend who is a therapist with a Doctor's degree, a Phd in Psychiatry. Sometimes he likes to watch football on TV during Sunday afternoons, especially if it happens to be the biggest game of the season.

But when the game is over, he goes on to other things. He has a family to take care of, three beautiful daughters. They can read and write not just English, but also Chinese and Hebrew, and they speak three or four different languages. He's seen to it that his daughters got a good education.

So, if people like to watch football, or any sport, there is nothing wrong that.

I only have a problem when people are so obsessed with sports that it is the only thing they care about, the sports bores who think that anybody who doesn't like sports is either a sissy, a fag, on unpatriotic.

I just don't like sports, so I don't care to watch it on TV.

But during my life, as a kid going to school, I was actually beaten up on because I didn't like sports.

This is supposed to be a free country, where we can choose what we like, or dislike.

But the sports bores, they are self-appointed "enforcers" who literally patrol our schools, looking for kids who don't like sports, and when found, then they are harassed and sometimes beaten.

Now, is that fair?

So, I say, there is nothing wrong with people watching sports events. I just don't understand how people can get so hooked on them, to the exclusion of everything else in life.

Also, how sports sometime completely takes over TV to the point where there is nothing else to watch.

That's why I'm glad I have Cable TV, because I can always find a channel with a movie, or a documentary, or a music channel.

And for sports fans, there are many sports channels.

Btu i noticed here lately, that Spike TV, which is mostly movies, that sports is beginning to take over that channel, and even on The Science Fiction Channel, they sometime have wrestling.

So, sports is trying to take over the other channels, and if the sports bores have their way, ALL of the channels would be taken over by sports, and there will be nothing else.

That's not fair.

There are already plenty of sports channels. They don't need to hog up the rest.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

You are right.I think that there are sports fans in the world who surround themselves with sports and nothing else.And those are the kinds of sports fans that are idiots.And it is just ridiculous how they have the wrestling like wwf or whatever on t.v. they shouldn't have it on t.v. because the fans actually think it is real when one wrestler put another wrestler through a table that is on fire and then they can get back up like nothing ever happened.That should not be on t.v. unless they state that it isn't real.I think that there are sports fans in the world that are total idiots.One example is the soccer fans in Europe they have to get firemen to spray the crowd with a fire hose because the crowd starts brawling. It is just childish.No one should fight like that over something like that.At least I don't just focus on sports and thats it.I actually have a life outside of the sports that I play.And I do think that it is sort of stupid that where I live the three local news channels are channels 3,6,and 10 and on weekends from 12 noon to 6 p.m. it is sports non stop.I think that they should at least have news on one channel and stuff like sitcoms on another channel and leave one of the three channels just for sports.Do you guys think that I am right at least on what I have been saying?
Fat Man wrote:
sports rox1234 wrote:There's nothing wrong with videogames.I just don't understand how people can get so hooked on them like my brother is.
Well, that's an honest enough answer.

And here is my assessment of sports fans.

Not all sports fans are sports bores.

I have a Jewish friend who is a therapist with a Doctor's degree, a Phd in Psychiatry. Sometimes he likes to watch football on TV during Sunday afternoons, especially if it happens to be the biggest game of the season.

But when the game is over, he goes on to other things. He has a family to take care of, three beautiful daughters. They can read and write not just English, but also Chinese and Hebrew, and they speak three or four different languages. He's seen to it that his daughters got a good education.

So, if people like to watch football, or any sport, there is nothing wrong that.

I only have a problem when people are so obsessed with sports that it is the only thing they care about, the sports bores who think that anybody who doesn't like sports is either a sissy, a fag, on unpatriotic.

I just don't like sports, so I don't care to watch it on TV.

But during my life, as a kid going to school, I was actually beaten up on because I didn't like sports.

This is supposed to be a free country, where we can choose what we like, or dislike.

But the sports bores, they are self-appointed "enforcers" who literally patrol our schools, looking for kids who don't like sports, and when found, then they are harassed and sometimes beaten.

Now, is that fair?

So, I say, there is nothing wrong with people watching sports events. I just don't understand how people can get so hooked on them, to the exclusion of everything else in life.

Also, how sports sometime completely takes over TV to the point where there is nothing else to watch.

That's why I'm glad I have Cable TV, because I can always find a channel with a movie, or a documentary, or a music channel.

And for sports fans, there are many sports channels.

Btu i noticed here lately, that Spike TV, which is mostly movies, that sports is beginning to take over that channel, and even on The Science Fiction Channel, they sometime have wrestling.

So, sports is trying to take over the other channels, and if the sports bores have their way, ALL of the channels would be taken over by sports, and there will be nothing else.

That's not fair.

There are already plenty of sports channels. They don't need to hog up the rest.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Yes. I don't think that any reasonable person would disagree with what you've just said.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

sports rox1234 wrote:You are right.I think that there are sports fans in the world who surround themselves with sports and nothing else.And those are the kinds of sports fans that are idiots.And it is just ridiculous how they have the wrestling like wwf or whatever on t.v. they shouldn't have it on t.v. because the fans actually think it is real when one wrestler put another wrestler through a table that is on fire and then they can get back up like nothing ever happened.That should not be on t.v. unless they state that it isn't real.I think that there are sports fans in the world that are total idiots.One example is the soccer fans in Europe they have to get firemen to spray the crowd with a fire hose because the crowd starts brawling. It is just childish.No one should fight like that over something like that.At least I don't just focus on sports and thats it.I actually have a life outside of the sports that I play.And I do think that it is sort of stupid that where I live the three local news channels are channels 3,6,and 10 and on weekends from 12 noon to 6 p.m. it is sports non stop.I think that they should at least have news on one channel and stuff like sitcoms on another channel and leave one of the three channels just for sports.Do you guys think that I am right at least on what I have been saying?
Fat Man wrote:
Thank you sports rox1234 that was a very mature response.

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

Hey! Your spelling has even improved! :D

You know, if you can continue to respond in a mature way, as you have been doing recently, I might see if Skul or Ray can have you moved up in rank from Sports Bore to Gentleman Sports Fan, or something like that.

There is one other member, although he's an athlete, he was also a gentleman in his forum posts, and he has the rank of Civil Sportsman.

So, I know that not all sports fans are bores and not all athletes are dumb jocks.

It's just so sad that a large percentage of them are.

But it's good to know that there are a few who are not.

Anyway, thank you for the more mature responses.

Me and Earl, we're both proud of you now.

You're doing real good Kiddo! Keep it up! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

I actually showed sympathy for someone! I just realized that!
By helping out Sergey and offering him a more hospitable environment like this forum, I actually was being nice. Interesting.

Well here's something that idiotic sports fans/ videogame haters can just shove it up theirs:

http://www.livescience.com/common/media ... raft&mode=
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

^ I never knew that a video game could actually encourage kids to read and write! I already knew that alot of people that play WoW were very intelligent but I didn't know that it could also help kids with learning skills.
tnt633

Post by tnt633 »

What if your an idiot non-jock?I'm pretty dumb . I don't know much about computers .For example, I can't install Windows on my computer or move files onto a CD. I can see why normal non-sports non-technology enthusiast could think World of Warcraft as stupid.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I can't believe no one is arguing. Not even sportz rox 123.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

^ With the risk of sounding stupid what are you talking about Sergey?
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

sports rox1234 wrote:^ With the risk of sounding stupid what are you talking about Sergey?

Well, we aren't arguing about sports against video games.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Justintime

Post by Justintime »

:x I am not a fan of football. I am not so good and my friends tell me that. I say that footbal is gay and they call me a faggot and unamerican. I think that everyone here is right. the sporty kids think that they are superior and are cool. The nerds are mocked. We are right. We don't go into peer pressure.
Earl

Post by Earl »

If you remain true to your convictions and don't give in to peer pressure, you're showing more character than those who give in to peer pressure. Many years ago when we were teenagers, a friend of mine became a heroin addict precisely because he gave in to peer pressure.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Yep, most people don't wanna get out of their sheep costumes because, like all sheep say...
Baaaa!