School Hierarchy

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
blackdog4444

School Hierarchy

Post by blackdog4444 »

I have known that how everyone treats each other in my school all depends on whether they are involved in or like sports or not. Here's how it goes:

Football jock: Gets all the chicks and friends, never gets in trouble. Also, never seem to get work done.
Football fan: Gets a lot of friends and is very popular.
Cheerleader: Gets all the friends, boys, and attention she wants. Also seems to never get in trouble, even though they are mischievious.
Volleyball player: Same as the cheerleader
Basketball player [girls]: Get a lot of attention, have a lot of friends.
Basketball player [boys]: Same with the above, except the boys get in trouble a lot.

See a trend?
Well, here's the "bottom half" of the rankings:

Artists: Usually ignored
Math freak: Usually envied. Hence, they are constantly harassed.
Computer nerd: Same with the Math freaks
Tech Ed. Junkie: Seem to always be tested [annoyed] as to get a good reaction out of them, most likely out of envy.
Sports haters: Harassed constantly, annoyed frequently, and are usually the ones that many avoid.

Note how the more important "half" of the hierarchial pyramid is more important than the "top half" but are treated poorly. There are more to the bottom half, but I do not need to continue on - you should recognize the pattern that is occuring. I actually find this quite funny because when I think about it, all those computer nerds, math freaks, etc.. could totally sabotage the sports lovers and jocks' life since that's who the jocks depend on. I'll be laughing when some ass I knew in school asks me to repair his computer or vehicle - you'd know what I'd do next for giving me a hard time for a good deal of my life. :twisted:
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: School Hierarchy

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

you're in 8th grade right?
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

I know a fair amount of art class kids who were in sports, and a computer techie who loved dodgeball. My school I think was a lot more inclusive than most. Still don't see why it needed to be a state funded gymnasium though.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:you're in 8th grade right?
Yes, detroitsportsfan. The thing is that in my 6th grade school was more mature and fair than that!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Incidentally, if you go to the letters section for 2008, the most recent one so far (Dec. 20) talks about how the brain-challenged school board in his town voted to remove books from all but one of the classes in his school so they can have money to build a new football stadium. That really pissed me off. How are they getting away with that? Who decided schools even need sports teams, especially high schools?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

I do not know why they would think of even considering that, abitagirl. Education and books are certainly more important in the long-run that a football game. I could personally say whoever said that is worse that a women binge spending money on a ex-husband's life insurance.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

That is completely asinine. The entire school board should have a full truck load of manure dumped on them and then be shipped to an island in the middle of the pacific where normal humans will never have to deal with them again. I do think in some case sports can do some good in schools but when they're interfering that greatly with education they should be removed immediately.

Or at a minimum Congress should pass a law immediately prohibiting such BS.
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

You lot do know that sports aren't gonna be banned, right? Too many people like them. I had some pretty crap times with sports back in the 1980s but they're not gonna ban them cos some of us don't like them! It'd cause too much trouble...
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Saying that, I do hate the way the sport lovers and showoffs get all the respect and popularity whereas the smart and unathletic get bugger all in comparison. I'm sorry, how does kicking a ball around make a person "cool" or "trendy"? I really couldn't give a shit about their stupid games. DO SOMETHING USEFUL!

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

I don't understand how kicking a ball around could make someone "cool" or "trendy" either.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

sports rox1234 wrote:I don't understand how kicking a ball around could make someone "cool" or "trendy" either.
People are mindless sheep, who are easily impressed by nothing.
Katrin

Post by Katrin »

Sports fans are sheep. Only one word can sum them up. I live quite near the Ibrox Stadium where those stupid Rangers play, and hearing the bleating of the crowd just zaps me of my energy on a normal dull Saturday afternoon.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Same here when I visit some of my mom's friends. A couple of them live near a football field, so when there's a game goin on, I cannot concentrate on the tasks at hand. All you can hear over the conversation is...
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :roll:
Justintime

Post by Justintime »

I dont know what is wrong with these people. I am in the eighth grade. I am seriously in the bottom. I am the most picked on. You're right. I know a few kids who are too addicted to sports. One kid calls me a faggot. Another tries to pretend i don't do sports. The closest thing I do to a sport is debate. My teacher said to all of us that debate is considered a sport. There is no say on who will win and everything is fair and even at the beginning.
Some advice. If you are nerdy, you more likely are to be talking about nerdy stuff which they think is annoying. The nicer and more passive you are to mean remarks, the more they will stop. If someone hurts you, hopefully you can defend yourself and show that nobody can hurt you. I actually have a few girl friends. I have only started this for I don't know maybe a few weeks or waay more longer than that, but it works. The girls start being friends with you because they are the nicer side of the human race. I dont know how guys would like to be friends with you but I have decent relationships with some higher more popular guys. :lol:
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Best advice I can give is to keep studying hard and making those good grades so that you can get a scholarship into a good university. Once you get there, things will certainly change for the better.

Sure most colleges still have the jock/frat crowd for sure...but at most decent universities, they don't have nearly the clout that they had in high school. And since most good colleges will have higher academic standards, "geeks" and "nerds" are no longer a beaten-down minority.
Just keep your chin up and try to survive till you get there!