Sports in the way of learning

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Sports in the way of learning

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

If it's something that makes you happy, how is it rotting away. From what you said, essentially everything that people do for fun is rotting away time. I know(and hope) that's not what you intended to say, but if you really think everything done for fun is rotting away, then you need to enjoy your life a little more man.

High School math is easily one of the most useless things you can take. The only benefit is that you get knowledge for what for some odd reason, you HAVE to take in college. The only Math class I have took that has some real life benefit is Probability and Statistics. Geometry benefits only a few people who are interested in jobs in which you would need to know Geometry.

There is no way things like Algebra, or calculus should be required. They just don't apply to real life things.

And I didn't mean P.E. teachers. Most coaches teach academic classes.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:If it's something that makes you happy, how is it rotting away. From what you said, essentially everything that people do for fun is rotting away time. I know(and hope) that's not what you intended to say, but if you really think everything done for fun is rotting away, then you need to enjoy your life a little more man.

High School math is easily one of the most useless things you can take. The only benefit is that you get knowledge for what for some odd reason, you HAVE to take in college. The only Math class I have took that has some real life benefit is Probability and Statistics. Geometry benefits only a few people who are interested in jobs in which you would need to know Geometry.

There is no way things like Algebra, or calculus should be required. They just don't apply to real life things.

And I didn't mean P.E. teachers. Most coaches teach academic classes.

What about Calculus? Trigonometry? Algebra?
Without any of these forms of mathematics all you fags wouldn't be able to waste countless hours in a stadium or plant your fat asses in front of the television set all weekend long.

What purpose does Probability and Statistics serve unless you only interest is in living vicariously through some ignorant, ball-throwing meathead.

You truly are a jackass.
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Fags, jackass. Again, personal attacks. You're a mature one. Seems like you have had some bad experiences in your past.

You guys keep throwing around living vicariously, but that is not at all what being a sports fan is about. Most everyone realizes at a young age that they are not a professional athlete. Being a sports fan is fun, and it's fun to be a fan of something bigger than you. As well as to represent your college, or city.

Exactly why those classes should be optional. They don't apply to 95 percent of people. And please explain to me how those things help build stadiums. I thought would fall under geometry. I don't know a whole lot about math, so explain to me how they make TV's work. I'd love to learn something.

And probability and statistics is just as useful in business related things as it is in sports.

Ignorant, ball throwing meathead huh? Because you personally know a lot of athletes, and know who they are? Man you are an immature one.

Im truly sorry if you got picked on in high school by an athlete, but I assure you not all are like that. Don't hate a large group(VERY large group) of people just because of ones actions.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Individual examples of jock-thrash are kinks in society but as there are many others as well. What I hate more is the ideology behind you're "blessed" sports which in turn allows individuals such as Michael Vick to falsely believe they can get away with these crimes such as dog-fighting and other inexcusable behavior. I used his name as an example but sadly we all know there are never short supply of his kind. Why I even know his name? I live in the same state unfortunately and it was all over the news(which was bothersome).
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

i really dont understand why some people will listen to the facts and talk about them but some people only want to see the bad its like you people want to be unpleasent what is it that you hate sports ,team sports ,sports fans, over obsested sports fanS,profesional sports what!? cause detroit sports fan is being very civil stating valid facts and its not getting anywhere and i know i keep getting the same thiNG'' read the front page" but maybe thats what it starred as but the majority of people just want to start fights
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:High School math is easily one of the most useless things you can take. The only benefit is that you get knowledge for what for some odd reason, you HAVE to take in college. The only Math class I have took that has some real life benefit is Probability and Statistics. Geometry benefits only a few people who are interested in jobs in which you would need to know Geometry.

As usual Detroitsportsfan08 - AKA Polite24 you are so right.

Now I know why I got my head bashed against the wall by a teacher who didn't want me to check out astronomy books from the school library.

It's because he knew, that in order for me to become a professional astronomer that someday I would have to take useless math courses such as trigonometry and calculus, and he also knew that teaching me science would cost the tax payers more money, because it costs more money for lab equipment for a high school physics lab, while it much cheaper to put up basketball hoops and buy new football jerseys and helmets.

Teaching me science would be a useless burden on the US taxpayers, so my teacher was smart to put the kibosh on my wanting to study science by kiboshing my head against a brick wall.

Yeah, math and science is useless because it will never find a cure for cancer or diabetes, or develop new sources of energy, or solve our environmental problems.

Only by repeatedly putting a spherical ball through a metal hoop, or hitting a round little white ball with a big stick, or drop-kicking an oval shaped ball, will miraculous cures be found and to solve the worlds problems, or perhaps even raise our loved ones back from the dead!

Hallelujah!!!

Yeah, the great monkey-boys are the ones with the plan.

You do that voodoo that you do so well!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

larrybird33 wrote:i really dont understand why some people will listen to the facts and talk about them but some people only want to see the bad its like you people want to be unpleasent what is it that you hate sports ,team sports ,sports fans, over obsested sports fanS,profesional sports what!? cause detroit sports fan is being very civil stating valid facts and its not getting anywhere and i know i keep getting the same thiNG'' read the front page" but maybe thats what it starred as but the majority of people just want to start fights
DetroitSportsFan, also known now as Polite24 is mostly civil, I will agree with you on that. But his arguments consist of facts and self manufactured statistics that only benefit his position. He's determined to present his arguments as valid, and determined to make us think that sports isn't such a horrible thing, but in reality all he's doing is trying to downplay our arguments. He has repeatedly refused to meet me halfway on any valid points, and ignores what most of the people on this forum have to say, or tries to invalidate their arguments by saying things like, "Oh, well, I'm sorry for what happened to you, but 99 percent of the rest of the people in this world haven't had it happen to them."

Many of us have counter argued with him in an adult tone, but his position will remain unchanged, because he either knows he can agitate a few people with his nonsense, or because he truly, blindly believes that there is absolutely nothing wrong with modern competitive professional sports, and truly believes that our voices are unworthy of being heard, and truly believes that only 1% of the entire population on the entire frigging planet agrees with us and what we have to say about the subject. Or both.

I don't know why he wastes the time. Maybe debate amuses him.
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

ok millhouse now i understand what you are saying and maybe i havnt been here long enough to see it and i would say that the sports hater could listen and ,maybe see some good and adjust their oppinion but since this is made for you sports haters i will say you cn disagree as much as you want cause i know this wstn made for us sports lovers to come on and change your oppinion so pretty much i dont know hwat else to say haha besides polite if you want respect meet then half way but sports haters if your going to make an arguement try to see from other point of veiw (not that im any sort of leader but just tryin to keep the poece :) )