Dumb Jocks?

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Jello Please

Dumb Jocks?

Post by Jello Please »

Sports stars say the darnedest theings. Are they trying to be funny... or just not all there? You be the judge.

"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings." -Torrin Polk, (University of Houston receiver) on his coach, John Jenkins

"Left hand, right hand. It doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." -Charles Shackleford (NCSU basketball player)

"[He] called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse'. I'm not a recluse." -Boxer Mike Tyson, on writer Wallace Matthews

"In terms of European athletes she is currently second. A Cuban leads the rankings." -Paul Dickenson, BBC commentator

"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams (Orlando Magic GM) on his team's poor record

"It's almost like we have ESPN." -Magic Johnson, on how well he and James Worthy play together

"Me and George and Billy are two of a kind." -NY Yankee, Mickey Rivers, on his relationship with George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin

"I told [GM] Roland Hermond to go out and get me a big-name pitcher. He said 'Dave Whrmeister's got 11 letters. Is that a big enough name for you?" -Eddie Eichorn (White Sox owner)

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word this season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl." -Bill Peterson, football coach

"I want to rush for 1,000 of 1,500 yards, whichever comes first." -George Rogers (New Orleans Saints running back)

"My wife doesn't care what I do when I'm away as long as I don't have a good time." -Lee Trevino

"Be sure to put some of them neutrons on it." -Mike Smith, (baseball player) when instructing a waitress on how to prepare his salad

"This taught me a lesson, but I'm not sure what it is." -John McEnroe

"I want all hte kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I want all the kids to copulate me." _Ander Dawson (Chicago Cubs outfielder)

"They shouldn't throw at me. I'm the father of five or six kids." -Tito Fuentes, (baseball player) after getting hit with a pitch

"That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes." - Stu Grimson, (hockey player) on why he has a photo of himself above his locker

"I've won on every level, except college and pro." -Shaquille O'Neal

"I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades." -Duffy Daugherty (Michigan State football coach)

"People think we make $3 million and $4 million a year. They don't realize that most of us only make $500,000." -Pete Incaviglia (baseball player)

"If history repeats itself, I think we can expect the same thing again." -Terry Venables (Olympic Skier)

"After a day like this, I've got the three C's: I'm comfortable, I'm confident, and I'm seeing the ball well." -Jay Buhner, (outfielder) after a perfect 5-for-5 day

"Just remember the words of Patrick Henry- 'Kill me or let me live'" -coach Bill Peterson, giving a halftime pep talk

"Raise the urinals." -Darrel Chaney, (Atlanta Shortstop) on how management could keep the Braves on thier toes*

*Taken from "Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader"
I like pie
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

LMAO! that is too damn funny :lol:
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word this season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl." -Bill Peterson, football coach

ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
:lol:

I Hope We Lose!
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Holy crap, that quote from the Baseball player about his salary just makes me mad as hell. :x
Try living on a tenth of that, you douchebag! :roll:
Jello Please

Lol no kidding

Post by Jello Please »

lol no kidding just imagine football players make like 4 times that makes me sick.. :roll: A friend of my mom's was sayin how she used to be John Elway's (Winning Quarterback for the Denver Broncos) maid and he was a total asshole that wouldnt even tip her.
I like pie
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

^ Yeah, I've heard as far as millionaires go, the greediest...most conceited...most asshole-like ones are professional Jocks. Even worse than corporate CEOs. :roll:
(As opposed to movie and music stars, who are usually somewhat generous to their employees.)
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Re: Dumb Jocks?

Post by Katrin »

Have you lot read some of the Murray Mexted quotes? They are drop-dead hilarious! The prospect of hearing some of them said on live TV might even make me want to sit through a boring rugby game... sports people do say some stupid things! As we'd all know...
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Some of those things were said in jest.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Yes, but that doesn't make them any less amusing to us.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

It doesn't make the people dumb either.
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Who cares? If someone says something stupid, they are bound to have it rubbed in if there are enough people around to hear it! It gives people a laugh! Obviously it's not just the sports commentators and players who do it... even far more intelligent people do once in a while and it's normally a lot funnier when THEY do it as you wouldn't expect it from them. Like you say, it doesn't make anyone dumb... unless of course they actually are dumb. Which a lot of sportsmen are. But then again... who needs brains when you can get paid millions for throwing a ball around a field and grappling people of the same sex for 90 minutes? That's why a lot of people are jealous of sportsmen as they are living proof you don't need any real skills or knowledge to make big monies! :o
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

To play sports at a professional level takes a whole lot of skill. It's ignorant to suggest otherwise.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:To play sports at a professional level takes a whole lot of skill. It's ignorant to suggest otherwise.
Physical skills, yes. I'll give you that.

But to be a football player or to be in any kind of professional sports, you don't need to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Most jocks have the verbal skills and the reading and writing skills of a 3rd grader.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

There are a few dumb people who play sports, I'll give you that.

But I wouldn't say most.
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:There are a few dumb people who play sports, I'll give you that.

But I wouldn't say most.
It's funny how the majority of this board disagrees with you on this issue, and we disagree with you based on experience.

You can't claim experience from your own life, because then your perception and credibility become null and void. But I can tell you try to speak from what little experience you have in life. And it ain't much, I'll tell you that.

If sports weren't enough of a problem to people like us, we wouldn't be vast in number, and this website wouldn't exist.

But hey, you "wouldn't say most"... yes indeed, a testament and tribute to how deep your fact finding and soul seeking goes...blunt, short and pointless responses...further proving right the people who lump you in with the rest of the sports bores who DO act within the prescribed stereotype.

Personally, I think Fatman is getting on your nerves, and making the immature side of you more agitated. :wink: