Straight from High School to the pros

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
SEAL76

Straight from High School to the pros

Post by SEAL76 »

I went straight from High School to the pros. I joined the Navy and went through BUD/S (Navy SEAL Training) , then to Airborne (parachute training) School. After another few months I was full fledged member of SEAL TEAM ONE. I was in a Platoon of 13 other SEALs and in Vietnam by the time I was 19. Football is a walk in the park compared to the SEALs. Getting shot at and shooting back is far more dangerous than a tackle. If our young men and women can leave highschool and go into combat at 18 or 19 years of age there is no reason to send them to college so they can waste for years. They should go pro right away. Most of the time they spend in college has nothing to do with academics or real education. Did you ever listen to the pro athletes who are "college grads" and are now pros. They are not what I would call articulate. I don't see them getting invited to speak at college commencements. Thank God.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Straight from High School to the pros

Post by Fat Man »

SEAL76 wrote:I went straight from High School to the pros. I joined the Navy and went through BUD/S (Navy SEAL Training) , then to Airborne (parachute training) School. After another few months I was full fledged member of SEAL TEAM ONE. I was in a Platoon of 13 other SEALs and in Vietnam by the time I was 19. Football is a walk in the park compared to the SEALs. Getting shot at and shooting back is far more dangerous than a tackle. If our young men and women can leave highschool and go into combat at 18 or 19 years of age there is no reason to send them to college so they can waste for years. They should go pro right away. Most of the time they spend in college has nothing to do with academics or real education. Did you ever listen to the pro athletes who are "college grads" and are now pros. They are not what I would call articulate. I don't see them getting invited to speak at college commencements. Thank God.
Yeah! Compared the the NAVY SEALS, football players are all a bunch of thumb-sucking, pink-ruffled-Pantaloon-pissing, light-in-the-loafers screaming-queens, and cry-baby-sissy-boys!

Oh yes indeed! I can just about imagine what it would be like if some "college grad" jock were invited to speak at a college commencement.

DUH! I love football! DUH! I throwed dat dere ball real good! DUH! I kicked dat dere ball real hard! DUH! Dat ball flew real far when I kicked it! DUH! I love da sport o football. DUH!

DUH! HUH! HUH! HUH!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

We actually had an ex football "star" speak at one of our 5th Grade "DARE" graduations. It was all I could do not to scream "Shut the F**K up." He was less articulate than anyone in the graduating group. It was pathetic.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

You can't do this in football
SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

Polite24 wrote:You can't do this in football
Why not? What does college have to do with football/baseball/basketball talent?
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

High school kids just aren't ready to go up against men who have been training for years in college. It would be a bloodbath.
SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

Polite24 wrote:High school kids just aren't ready to go up against men who have been training for years in college. It would be a bloodbath.
That would make the game even more enjoyable to many of the fans. Have you seen the size of some of the High School players. Why don't they have farm team system like baseball instead of wasting time in college?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:You can't do this in football
You mean, being able to read and write and speak intelligently!

Yeah! I absolutely agree with you there!

It can't be done in football!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

Polite24 wrote:High school kids just aren't ready to go up against men who have been training for years in college. It would be a bloodbath.
High School Grads go into combat against seasoned Taliban and Al Queda fighters. I went into combat against Vietcong and NVA troops who were fighting for years and still kicked their asses. Just goes to show what whimps those big tough football players really are.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

SEAL76 wrote:
High School Grads go into combat against seasoned Taliban and Al Queda fighters. I went into combat against Vietcong and NVA troops who were fighting for years and still kicked their asses. Just goes to show what whimps those big tough football players really are.
Yeah, and I can remember back during the Viet Nam war, football players did get drafted into the Army. Jocks are actually the biggest sissy-boys around!

When I was in high school, I was the typical nerd or geek. I never cared for sports. I was only interested in science, math, and art.

Astronomy is my favorite subject, and I remember jocks and sports bores calling it sissy-stuff.

I would just love to take one of these monkey-boys out behind the observatory on some freezing cold crisp clear winter night, and kick his ass real good, and walk off and leave him laying there flat on his back, with the toes of his boots pointing toward Orion!

SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

Fat Man wrote:
SEAL76 wrote:
Yeah, and I can remember back during the Viet Nam war, football players did get drafted into the Army. Jocks are actually the biggest sissy-boys around!

When I was in high school, I was the typical nerd or geek. I never cared for sports. I was only interested in science, math, and art.

Astronomy is my favorite subject, and I remember jocks and sports bores calling it sissy-stuff.

I would just love to take one of these monkey-boys out behind the observatory on some freezing cold crisp clear winter night, and kick his ass real good, and walk off and leave him laying there flat on his back, with the toes of his boots pointing toward Orion!
Rocky Blier (spelling?) went to Nam and he was so badly wounded that it ended his NFL career. Roger Staubach, a Naval Academy Grad served his time in Nam and became one of the best QB's in football. During WW2 and Korea many pro athletes voluteered and served in combat. Pat Tillman volunteered for duty in GWOT. He was killed by friendly fire but at least he had the balls to go. Won't see that from any jocks today.