Enough

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Moviemaker

Enough

Post by Moviemaker »

Im a little bummed tonight. Red wings are in the playoff and everyone is going nuts here in detroit. The facebook comments are ridiculous
Sometimes i feel really alone here in detroit.

It really sucks being different sometimes. I WILL NOT join the herd though.. as i will continue to LEAD and not FOLLOW... Even if i have to do it alone.

I would much rather be making a film, but nobody around here wants to do that. They are too busy talking about the STUPID, and yes i mean STUPID, game.

My GOd, is there anyone in Detroit that despises sports and sports fans like me? Im really starting to think not.

Thanks for listening.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Enough

Post by Ray »

If it's like you describe, I'm POSITIVE that there are hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS of people right there in Detroit who HATE the words Red Wings AND hockey.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Hate hockey all you want, but don't think you're being a leader or something by simply hating hockey.

And yeah, if you hate sports Michigan isn't the place to be. The whole state(practically) goes crazy for the Wings, Tigers, Pistons, and they would go nuts if the Lions were ever good. That doesn't even take into account how big Michigan and Michigan State are.
Moviemaker

Post by Moviemaker »

Michigan is not the place to be? So im supposed to move because i dont want to join the herd? How bout all these brain dead sports fans move, thats a better option.
and as far as leading.. please dont tell me how to think. I will continue to consider myself someone who leads and doesnt follow the rest of the ignorant sheep into following something that is such a waste of time.
Thanks for your concern though
MM
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:Hate hockey all you want, but don't think you're being a leader or something by simply hating hockey.

And yeah, if you hate sports Michigan isn't the place to be. The whole state(practically) goes crazy for the Wings, Tigers, Pistons, and they would go nuts if the Lions were ever good. That doesn't even take into account how big Michigan and Michigan State are.
Actually, thanks to sports, no-where on this planet is a place to be!

Yeah, thanks to sports, my city of El Paso Texas is under a dictatorship of The Athletic Elite! I'm not even allowed to sit down while waiting for a bus. I have to stand up in the hot sun like a jack-ass in this donkey-fucking redneck town!!!

Actually, my fair city is under the combined dictatorial rule of both The Athletic Elite and the Pedophile Elite because athletic coaches in our high schools can get away with making sexually harassing comments toward under-aged teenagers, and get away with it.

And kids end up in detention and their parents get fined hundreds of dollars by our morally corrupt juvenile court system if the kids miss too many PE sessions in the gym.

But nothing happens if the kids miss several academic classes.

And we have athletic coaches who are pedophiles and they never get punished!

El Paso Texas is under the dictatorial regime' of The New World Order of the United Athletic And Pedophile Elite.

Ah yes! My fair city!
Last edited by Fat Man on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

I know what you mean. I live in Louisiana, and this state is insane when it comes to sports. I frequently feel like I must be the only one who doesn't give a crap about the Saints, the Hornets, the Tigers, or any of the zillion other teams everybody goes nuts about. I don't feel lonely because of it, but I kind of resent people acting like EVERYBODY cares about it. Maybe they do, actually, I don't know. If there is anybody else in the state who doesn't care a whit about any of the teams, I sure as heck don't know who they are.

If I have to hear one more time how grateful I should be to live here because of some stupid team, I may just, ummm...do something.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Moviemaker wrote:Michigan is not the place to be? So im supposed to move because i dont want to join the herd? How bout all these brain dead sports fans move, thats a better option.
and as far as leading.. please dont tell me how to think. I will continue to consider myself someone who leads and doesnt follow the rest of the ignorant sheep into following something that is such a waste of time.
Thanks for your concern though
MM
Yeah, the sports fans will tell us if we don't like how our state is obsessed with sports, we and just leave and move somewhere else.

They would just love to tell us how to live, and where to live.

But no-where is safe from these raging sports fanatics. There is no-where to live that is safe anymore.

This says it all.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

lol, just because people in your state like sports doesn't mean you have to move.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:lol, just because people in your state like sports doesn't mean you have to move.
Perhaps not.

But because my fair city of El Paso loves sports, I'm not allowed to sit on a bench while waiting for a bus.

I have to stand up like a jack-ass on my arthritic ankles in the hot sun because the Don Haskins SPORTS CENTER is taking the benches away from the bus stops.

No, I won't have to move.

Under New World Order Of The United Athletic And Pedophile Elite, I will be dragged out into the middle of the desert, get butt-banged and raped, and then I'll get a bullet through the back of my head, and be left there to feed the buzzards.

But, you're right.

I won't have to move.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:I know what you mean. I live in Louisiana, and this state is insane when it comes to sports. I frequently feel like I must be the only one who doesn't give a crap about the Saints, the Hornets, the Tigers, or any of the zillion other teams everybody goes nuts about. I don't feel lonely because of it, but I kind of resent people acting like EVERYBODY cares about it. Maybe they do, actually, I don't know. If there is anybody else in the state who doesn't care a whit about any of the teams, I sure as heck don't know who they are.

If I have to hear one more time how grateful I should be to live here because of some stupid team, I may just, ummm...do something.
You think you're the only one in the whole state? What a lonely feeling that must be. There must be more of us. We can't be the only sane people in the country! :)

But if others ARE out there, how can we contact them without drawing the attention of the zombies? That's the problem...

I Hope We Lose!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Polite24 wrote:Hate hockey all you want, but don't think you're being a leader or something by simply hating hockey.
I don't think anyone claimed to be a leader although, in my opinion, if I had to guess which person was more capable of thinking for himself and advising others, would I choose:

A) a mindless member of a mob whose main goal in life is to wear another man's name

B) a person with enough self-esteem to choose his own unique and individual interests

I would choose B.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

I choose my own interests, and just because I watch sports doesn't mean I worship athletes.

And moviemaker did claim he was leading by choosing to not follow sports.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:I choose my own interests, and just because I watch sports doesn't mean I worship athletes.

Yeah, I can just see you sitting in front of your little black and white boob tube with rabbit ears, watching your favorite monkey-boy sports hero scoring another touch-down, as you hug your football, sucking your thumb, and pissing on your plastic covered couch.

How pathetic!!!

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Polite24 wrote:I choose my own interests, and just because I watch sports doesn't mean I worship athletes.

You choose your own interests? Are you sure you don't mean the interests of 99% of the population??

ohh.. so he did say something about leading.. well.. he's RIGHT. By shunning the shackles of society's social customs, he has freed himself from servitude! And if he can free himself, he can free others! He has demonstrated leadership and the ability to think for himself!

holy cow, I just wrote that about 1 minute ago. What do you do? Lurk here?? What's WRONG with you?

I Hope We Lose!
Moviemaker

Post by Moviemaker »

You are spot on Ray.

Yes Polite. I LEAD.. i dont FOLLOW.

And its not just about Sports. There are many things I lead on, and not following the ignorant masses into engaging in something so distracting and useless is just one example. . so yes, i am a leader .

You threatened by that?