Enough

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Millhouse

Re: Enough

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:I choose my own interests, and just because I watch sports doesn't mean I worship athletes.

And moviemaker did claim he was leading by choosing to not follow sports.
I have a really hard time believing this, due to how persistently you come here to defend it.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Moviemaker wrote:You are spot on Ray.

Yes Polite. I LEAD.. i dont FOLLOW.

And its not just about Sports. There are many things I lead on, and not following the ignorant masses into engaging in something so distracting and useless is just one example. . so yes, i am a leader .

You threatened by that?
Yes, very. :roll: :lol:
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Millhouse wrote:
Polite24 wrote:I choose my own interests, and just because I watch sports doesn't mean I worship athletes.

I have a really hard time believing this, due to how persistently you come here to defend it.
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to you. Every post I make you just question if I'm lying or not.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:
Millhouse wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to you. Every post I make you just question if I'm lying or not.
As for me, I neither lead or follow!

I fight my battles alone! Occasionally I get help from my friends, but I don't expect anybody to follow me, and I follow no one!

I stand alone on my principles!

Polite24 follows the sports crowd, all the other sheep, who will eventually be lead to the slaughter house when enough people become disgusted and angry with The Monkey-boy Culture that is being forced on us.

A day of reckoning is coming!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:
Millhouse wrote:

Wrong. Every post I make is designed to make you question your own credibility. Has nothing to do with whether or not you're lying. I'm not giving you an inch because you refuse to give anyone else here a break. Even if you think Fatman is going overboard and giving extreme examples, I call that point irrelevant and (you should get this by now) assert that the reason it is irrelevant is because the behavior linked to a sports nut doesn't dictate that said sports nut has to be violent to be an annoyance to the rest of us.

You also presume, rather arrogantly (and stupidly) that I have something against sports. NOT ALL OF US HERE DO. It's the people that love sports that make it suck for us.

You really need to better prepare your arguments, and learn to grow the hell up a bit.
Last edited by Millhouse on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moviemaker

Post by Moviemaker »

Millhouse, uh.. yes i DO have something AGAINST SPORTS. :)

I TRULY despise them and the people that worship them because i believe they are a mere distraction to what the people SHOULD be focused on. The things that matter. Sports are an utter waste of time. That is why im here on this forum. Its a place for me to get away from the sheep.

Now I dont wish ill-will toward sports fans, Im not like that at all. But i do wish they would snap out of their slumber and pay attention to what is going on in our country.

SO yeah, i DO despise sports. Pretty much ALL OF THEM. :)
Moviemaker

Post by Moviemaker »

And yeah, Polite .. Thats what i figured. You are threatened. Case closed.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Moviemaker, this is directed at you.

What makes movies any more important or relevant than sports? Both movies and sports have no direct effect on people spectating, but often provide the same emotions. Sad because your team lost, sad because a character died. Happy because your team won or happy because there was a happy ending. All I'm saying is you shouldn't belittle something like sports when the industry you are in is almost like the same thing to fans/spectators. It's entertainment, an escape from everyday life.

And pay attention to what's going on in the country? Sadly, the country isn't in the greatest shape right now. Everyone knows that, you can only deal with listening to that so much. Things like movies, and watching sports provide an escape from that.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:Moviemaker, this is directed at you.

What makes movies any more important or relevant than sports? Both movies and sports have no direct effect on people spectating, but often provide the same emotions. Sad because your team lost, sad because a character died. Happy because your team won or happy because there was a happy ending. All I'm saying is you shouldn't belittle something like sports when the industry you are in is almost like the same thing to fans/spectators. It's entertainment, an escape from everyday life.
Well, there is a difference in sports as entertainment and movies as entertainment.

Yes, I'm happy when a movie has a happy ending, and I'm sad when it shows when a favorite character dies or something. I once watched Schindler's List, and I broke down and cried like a big fat baby boy right there in the theater.

But when the movie is over, I get on with my life.

Now, sports . . . . .

When their favorite team loses the big game of the season, they're not just sad.

No! The get angry and violent, go out into the streets rioting, breaking windows, setting fires, overturning cars, raping and pillaging.

And when their favorite team wins . . . . .

Yeah they're happy, so happy in fact that they celebrate by getting drunk, then they go, out into the streets rioting, breaking windows, setting fires, overturning cars, raping and pillaging.

Now, as for talent and entertainment value.

It takes a lot more talent to play a character role in a movie. Some movies have a very complex plot that requires some level of intelligence to follow. I especially like science fiction because of the special effects. They sure know how to make it look real. And in many such movies, the plot is very exciting, keeping me on the edge of my seat.

If a movie is really good, I don't mind watching it again when it comes back as a re-run.

Now sorts, you only see the same old shit over and over again. A football player kicks a ball, the block and tackle and smash into each other. If you have seen one football game, you have seen them all.

Same is true of hockey, and basketball.

The only difference from one game to the next is that the game is held in a different city, with different teams, wearing different colored uniforms. But it's the same suckie boring plot over and over again, and the same suckie band music played at half-time.

OK, now I have seen some pretty bad movies.

I think "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" was just about the worse movie I have even seen, however, since it was a satire, it was intentionally bad, which actually made it rather funny.

But, even playing a character role in that suckie movie still required more talent than some drooling moron chasing a ball. Even a dog can chase a ball.

If given a choice between watching a football game, or a re-run of "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" I would rather watch the movie.

I do have my favorite TV and movie actors.

But I don't have any sports heroes.

That's because, they are all ugly, retarded, and they smell bad!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Craig Storm
Sportsman

Post by Craig Storm »

In 2004, the Calgary Flames made it really close to winning (or did they win?) the Stanley Cup. Thousands of people congregated to the avenue perpendicular to the Arena where this took place every night of the playoffs. Traffic could not pass. It was mostly violence-free. Women were taking their junk out. Clearly alcohol fueled mayhem. They called it the red mile, due to the colors of the Calgary Flames jerseys. This now happens every year they get to the playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Mile

Is this mentality in Detroit as well?
Come see what all the hype is about at the Gordie Howe Hat Trick Extreme Sports Blog http://legendsofsports.blogspot.com/
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Yes, there have been isolated incidents where sports have caused people to do bad things, but those are not the norm. You did exaggerate a bit though.

You can not say that it takes more talent to be an actor.

Pretty much, your whole post is based on your personal preference, which I can respect. But you shouldn't present it as facts.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Craig Storm wrote:In 2004, the Calgary Flames made it really close to winning (or did they win?) the Stanley Cup. Thousands of people congregated to the avenue perpendicular to the Arena where this took place every night of the playoffs. Traffic could not pass. It was mostly violence-free. Women were taking their junk out. Clearly alcohol fueled mayhem. They called it the red mile, due to the colors of the Calgary Flames jerseys. This now happens every year they get to the playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Mile

Is this mentality in Detroit as well?

If there was no violence, then what's the real harm?

I guess the traffic thing was bad, but I don't know.
Craig Storm
Sportsman

Post by Craig Storm »

Polite24 wrote:If there was no violence, then what's the real harm?

I guess the traffic thing was bad, but I don't know.
If you check out the wikipedia article, the section "Celebration or exploitation?" contains a situation which could be construed as a real harm. I would say so.
Come see what all the hype is about at the Gordie Howe Hat Trick Extreme Sports Blog http://legendsofsports.blogspot.com/
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

I read the wikipedia page, and I don't think there's any real harm in girls showing their boobs. If it was to go on, they should probably make some adjustments so traffic can get through.

The part I thought was wrong the 2006 controversey, but it said people who did wrong were arrested...
Craig Storm
Sportsman

Post by Craig Storm »

Polite24 wrote:I read the wikipedia page, and I don't think there's any real harm in girls showing their boobs. If it was to go on, they should probably make some adjustments so traffic can get through.

The part I thought was wrong the 2006 controversey, but it said people who did wrong were arrested...
The flashing just doesn't sit right with me. But I know not everyone would feel the same way. It's pretty ingrained in much of North American culture.