What's the worst sport?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
TheSmoke

Re: What's the worst sport?

Post by TheSmoke »

nobody mentioned Golf....
Golf has to be the lamest sport on this earth *puke*
Last edited by TheSmoke on Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Golf is crap, I'll grant you that. Totally boring. Why on earth a crowd of people would want to spend their day following some idiot whacking a ball around a course is beyond me, but that's the typical herd mentality of sports for you - getting excited over nothing!
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

I think golf can be very useful...as a sedative. :twisted:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Ray wrote:Is shooting clay pidgeons a sport? What about duck shooting?

But the absolute worst is anything that interrupts regularly scheduled programming -as if it was BREAKING FRIKKIN' NEWS!

And NASCAR. My little sister can drive a car in circles!
I'm no NASCAR fan by any means, but don't kid yourself. You have to be very skilled to drive how they drive at those high speeds.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:

But the absolute worst is anything that interrupts regularly scheduled programming -as if it was BREAKING FRIKKIN' NEWS!

I'm no NASCAR fan by any means, but don't kid yourself. You have to be very skilled to drive how they drive at those high speeds.

Just shut the fuck up... just shut fuck up...
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:
I'm no NASCAR fan by any means...
Then why are you wasting the time and the space defending it?
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Sergey wrote:
Polite24 wrote:

Just shut the fuck up... just shut fuck up...
lol at someone telling me to shut the fuck up on a message board
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Millhouse wrote:
Polite24 wrote:
I'm no NASCAR fan by any means...
Then why are you wasting the time and the space defending it?

Because Ray's statement was factually wrong.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

?Que? My little sister CAN drive a car in circles. What's factually wrong about that?

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

NASCAR drivers aren't simply driving a car in circles. Literally, they are yes. But the speed that they go at, combined with all the other drivers trying to finish ahead of them makes it very difficult and dangerous.

That said, I've never really sat down and watched a NASCAR race that I can recall.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:NASCAR drivers aren't simply driving a car in circles. Literally, they are yes. But the speed that they go at, combined with all the other drivers trying to finish ahead of them makes it very difficult and dangerous.

That said, I've never really sat down and watched a NASCAR race that I can recall.

We don't care about your nonconstructive criticism!
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Craig Storm
Sportsman

Post by Craig Storm »

It appears that much of the criticism of sports in these message boards is just for the sake of criticizing sports. They are demonized without valid argument and those who disagree are insulted. Itâ??s a good thing this isnâ??t called a debate forum, because that simply is not what happens here. Itâ??s a shame, because if you have a genuine reason to dislike sports, then itâ??s lost amongst the name-calling and blind, unflinching adherence to the fact that you hate sports. The unwillingness to accept alternate ideas on the subject is simultaneously arrogant and ignorant. Nothing is accomplished.

Sports may have little value, athleticism may contribute very little socially, but they arenâ??t much different from online multiplayer video games. The competitive spirit is apparent in both and there are bullies in both worlds. The characteristics inherent in human nature are the real source of your grief, and I think much of your anger is far too focused on sports, and is therefore possibly misplaced.
Come see what all the hype is about at the Gordie Howe Hat Trick Extreme Sports Blog http://legendsofsports.blogspot.com/
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Craig Storm wrote:It appears that much of the criticism of sports in these message boards is just for the sake of criticizing sports. They are demonized without valid argument and those who disagree are insulted. Itâ??s a good thing this isnâ??t called a debate forum, because that simply is not what happens here. Itâ??s a shame, because if you have a genuine reason to dislike sports, then itâ??s lost amongst the name-calling and blind, unflinching adherence to the fact that you hate sports. The unwillingness to accept alternate ideas on the subject is simultaneously arrogant and ignorant. Nothing is accomplished.
Perhaps it's because some of us had been thrown through plate glass windows or down flights of stairs by the jocks in high school.

Perhaps it's because some of us were hit in the back of the head by flying beer bottles thrown from jocks speeding by in their cars or some of us had been run off the road while riding home from school on our bicycles.

Perhaps it's because some of us had a sister who was raped by one of these monkey-boys.

Whoops! I said monkey-boys! That was an insult! Sorry!

NOT!!!

Perhaps it's because we're all sick and tired of hearing about how science and math teachers in our schools are being fired so they can hire more athletic coaches.

Perhaps it's because we're sick of our education system being flushed down the crapper by the morons who favor athletics over academics.

Whoops! Another insult! I just said "morons." Again sorry!

Again, NOT!!!

And finally, as in my case, it was because I was once suspended from school because I failed to climb a stupid rope in a gymnasium. I was often humiliated in the gym in front of all the other students. I had been punched in the stomach with a basketball. I have had my head bashed against a concrete block wall in the hallway by a GUNG HO FOR SPORTS teacher who did not want me to read astronomy books.

And in the meantime, these jocks go unpunished. They are allowed to get away with their bullshit by school board administrations that was too fucking chicken-shit to do anything damn thing about it.

Whoops! Another insult! I said that the school administrators are chicken-shit! Sorry!

NO! I'm not sorry!

I'm tired!

My arthritic ankles and knees still hurt. I'm still in a bad mood so . . . . .

FUCK YOU!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Craig Storm
Sportsman

Post by Craig Storm »

Those unfortunate and awful circumstances are not a result of the existence of sports, they are the result of people doing evil or thoughtless acts. If sports never existed, the same evil acts would still exist. It's not necessarily sports that ties these incidents together, it's the strong dominating the weak, no insult intended.
Come see what all the hype is about at the Gordie Howe Hat Trick Extreme Sports Blog http://legendsofsports.blogspot.com/
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Craig Storm wrote:It appears that much of the criticism of sports in these message boards is just for the sake of criticizing sports. They are demonized without valid argument and those who disagree are insulted. Itâ??s a good thing this isnâ??t called a debate forum, because that simply is not what happens here. Itâ??s a shame, because if you have a genuine reason to dislike sports, then itâ??s lost amongst the name-calling and blind, unflinching adherence to the fact that you hate sports. The unwillingness to accept alternate ideas on the subject is simultaneously arrogant and ignorant. Nothing is accomplished.

Sports may have little value, athleticism may contribute very little socially, but they arenâ??t much different from online multiplayer video games. The competitive spirit is apparent in both and there are bullies in both worlds. The characteristics inherent in human nature are the real source of your grief, and I think much of your anger is far too focused on sports, and is therefore possibly misplaced.
At last a cogent argument. I knew we'd get one out of you eventually.

I have always been a strong proponent of this website's front page message. I have nothing against sports, specifically. My beef has always been and will always be with the millions of overzealous people whose attitudes, fandom and overall vexating behaviour make sports something to avoid participating in.

I do agree with you that it's in inherent human nature. But you overlook two things. The first is that popular sports has an undeniably peculiar and specific behavior associated with the above-mentioned fans, and the second is, if this website were called http://www.peoplewholikesportsbutwhoseattitudessuck.org wouldn't get much attention.

Now, I won't agree with each and every little attitude in here, I never have. Some people here that are against sports express themselves on different wavelengths than others do, and to a casual or first time observer, their views might seem a little extreme. What they are speaking out against is a collective culture of people who are forcing their views on others.

The true jocks that come in here never get the counterarguments they expect.

And Polite24, take close note of what I'm responding to and what I'm saying here. If you conducted arguments as intelligent as this, I wouldn't go so hard on you, kid.