Would you ban sport?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.

would you ban sport?

yes
39%
no
56%
maybe
6%

Total votes: 18

blast flame

Would you ban sport?

Post by blast flame »

I wouldn't for two reasons

1. I am a libertarian who hates banning anything

2. It would be pointless. You cannot ban a attitude. It would cure the symptoms not the sickness.

We should try to make people give up sport with their own free will.
The world is helping sport and attacking freedom, don't let this happen

Dead_Decoy

Post by Dead_Decoy »

As much as I hate it, no. Some people simply play it casually and are actually normal people. I'd just ban sports scholarships and make it where in pro sports, if you're caught ONCE using steroids, game over.
No, you may not have the antidote. Now stop calling me.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

At first, I would have said 'yes', but after thinking it over, I'd say 'no', too. I'd do what Decoy would do and ban the scholarships and have those who use steroids kicked out.

I'd also make sure that 'professional' players get paid a more reasonable salary... maybe about the same as a garbage man.

Those sports players who get out of line and commit crimes? Sorry, but in the slammer you go. I don't care if you've just signed a ten-year contract with Dumbdicks Footbore Club -- in you go!

Would it also be too much to ask for sports to be shown about a hundredth of the time they are now?

In other words, sports and everything associated with it would have its omnipitent, omnipresent, god-like status REMOVED and be treated like any other regular activity.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

I Voted Yes!

Post by Ray »

You guys made some persuasive arguments but I voted Yes. The reasons were three-fold:

1. To keep within the spirit of the website, even though like Blast Flame says, it would be pointless. And I agree that there's nothing wrong with sports themselves --just the insecure masses who depend on other people to make their accomplishments for them. But I'd rather err on the side of eradication. :)

2. For the sake of debate. And I like the idea of banning sports scholarships. If we could make that happen, I'd compromise and vote No right now! Sports scholarships are the silliest thing to ever happen to education.

3. hmmm.. I just wanted to work in the word three-fold. :) oh --and like Skul says --to make sure there's no mistaking our intention: We want sports off our TV! We want sports restored to its proper station --just a simple way to pass the time and get some exercise with friends.

I Hope We Lose!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

I would say no, I agree with ya decoy, i would ban specific things, and btw garbage men get more money then any sports player should get, lol.

Here is an interesting fact from my social class... I'm sorry I can't remember specific numbers, but the prime minister of canada (kinda like our president i guess, i dunno, i hate the new one.. lol) anyways the prime minister of canada made less money in a year then some famous sports person (can't remember name, who cares anyways...) did in an hour. Yeah thats right, this sports guy made more in an hour then the prime minister of ALL of canada did in a YEAR!!! Thats bull... I hate them for that...

She told us a bunch more but I wasn't really listening, lol... But yeah sports are taking up way to much money that should go to health care, education SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!!
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
crudedude

Post by crudedude »

Dead_Decoy wrote:As much as I hate it, no. Some people simply play it casually and are actually normal people. I'd just ban sports scholarships and make it where in pro sports, if you're caught ONCE using steroids, game over.
Pretty much my opinion as well. Plus I think the scholarship banning will help crush delusional dreams of lower-class kids that'll devote their life to sports as if they'll be the one in a million superstar in th end. Maybe they'll focus on something more productive when they realize sports won't get them shit.
jockocaust

Post by jockocaust »

I too don't like "bans," anti-free speech, etc.... but I would ban it for five years for the good of society. To cripple it.
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Re: I Voted Yes!

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Ray wrote:1. To keep within the spirit of the website, even though like Blast Flame says, it would be pointless. And I agree that there's nothing wrong with sports themselves --just the insecure masses who depend on other people to make their accomplishments for them. But I'd rather err on the side of eradication. :)
Theres a reason they get paid so much
1. Merchandise, The club goes out and makes a bunch of stuff about the person make money off of it and its only fair the player gets part of it
2. Tickets, Some fans buy tickets to see one guy play
Think of This (If you were a Sports fan) Would you rather see one of the Best players ever play or some position filler
3. Cause the Club has the money
4. All the Media they have to go through
5. Athletes "Have no life" outside there sport
6. Sponsors, All the Companies (who sell sporting Goodies) want some famous athlete to wear there logo
Really, you have to blame the fans for there high salaries

Sure a lot of them are over the top like, (Wich is also the highest for any Athlete)
Alex Rodriguez 25 million dollar (per year) Contract
Check out my web site -maybe I'll give you a hero autograph!
http://www.SpeedofLeicht.com/

Do it! You know you want to! I drive cars, after all!