Is This Unfair???

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Is This Unfair???

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

Is it unfair to be punished because I have an opinion? My parents were yet again wasting their lifes watching some stupid sports game and I made a comment about how stupid sports are and I got in trouble, yelled at, and told not to be a "smart ass"

If I wouldn't have gotten in more trouble I would have said this "I'm sorry I'm smarter then you by not watching sports, I will keep all smart comments to myself from now on."

I am treated worse then other members of my family because I hate sports, it makes no sence to me... I also got in trouble for listening to my mp3 player in the car one day because my parents were listening to sports on the radio and I wanted to listen to something good... To me, I don't see getting in trouble for my opinions and my hatred of sports as something that is fair, what do you think? :?
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
Fitz301

It is unfair

Post by Fitz301 »

Hi,

In my experience it's a waste of time trying to convince sport's fans that sports are stupid. You have to remember that most have been brainwashed since a very young age into thinking that sports are a good thing.
No disrespect to your parents, but don't waste your time argueing with ignorant sports fans.

Big Fitz
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Unfair? Yes.

Unexpected from sports fans? No.

Keep quiet and they won't bother you. Probably. It may be hard, seeing as they're you're parents, but still...
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Gene

Re: Is This Unfair???

Post by Gene »

Canadian_Hockey_Hater wrote:Is it unfair to be punished because I have an opinion? My parents were yet again wasting their lifes watching some stupid sports game and I made a comment about how stupid sports are and I got in trouble, yelled at, and told not to be a "smart ass"
he he what can you do? Parents don't have a lot of understanding of their kids feelings if you ask me. I think its noble of you to try and educate them tho. If they don't listen what can you do?
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Well, not knowing how old you are, the parents getting onto you for being a "smart ass"...that's a typical response (especially from fathers to sons) by a parent that hears their child say something that makes them feel less intelligent than their own child. :roll:

The part about being mad at you for listening to your mp3 player in the car while they listen to sports radio makes no sense. Unless you had the volume up really loud that they could hear it, why should they care? :?
Alienation Deliberation

Opinions

Post by Alienation Deliberation »

Most people who have opinions are seen as criminals. But I kind of agree with your parents, don't mess with them when they're into something, it's actually rude. If a teacher says something in Science class, or whatever, that you don't believe in (such as evolution if you're a Christian, etc.), you can't just stand up and say "That's wrong!" It's rude. You can, however, bring it up during an appropriate time, such as dinner, it'd be a good conversation to eat over, and could liven up your debating skills. About the mp3 player, make sure they can't hear it over their radio, it can also be rude. Make sure it's at a low to mid volume level, where you can't hear the sports, but still not disrupt them. It's common courtesy, and if we don't follow those guidelines, then how are we different from the sports fans?
Just something I just wanted to say :P
One of my favorite quotes by George Carlin:
"About this time, someone is telling you to get on the plane 'Get on the plane, get on the plane' I say f**k you I'm getting in the plane! Let Evel Knievel get on the plane!"
Samdaman

Post by Samdaman »

oh no mommy said you are a smart ass! dont cry! btw you are if yousay sports suck.