IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT Want to pay Samdaman a visit?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT Want to pay Samdaman a visit?

Post by Earl »

Now that I've had time to think about it, perhaps this wasn't such a great idea after all. It probably is pointless. "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT," yeah, sure. Oh, well ... :|
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
rotten

Post by rotten »

I dont think your idea was bad at all. But sometimes the best way to show someone you don't care about them, or their effect on you is to completely ignore them. It's probably best just to see what he has to say (on his website), use that to reafirm that our oppinions are correct, and then just ignore him. We can't change his view of sports, just as he can't change our view of sports, though we can use his views to support ours.
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks for the kind words, rotten. Actually, I had no interaction with the kid. By the time I discovered this website, he had been banned. Call me naive for a 58-year-old man, but I would have attempted to reason with him. I think that I could have made arguments and presented facts that he would not have been able to honestly refute. After all, at my age I'd better know a bit more than the average teenager, which doesn't mean that I don't respect some teenagers. I know some who are very intelligent and mature. Samdaman's views on masculinity are particularly troubling. I have no problem with a teenage boy establishing his own sense of masculinity through competitive team sports or some other physical activity; but when he uses sports as a rationale and as a phoney standard of universal masculinity for ridiculing and bullying other kids, then I object. Not only is that mindset morally wrong; as we all know, it's also out of touch with reality. And as I've said in another post, I wonder where his obsessive hatred of nerds comes from. It reminds me of anti-Semitism or some other form of racism. I'd leave that question up to the psychologists to answer, except for the fact that since psychology is a "soft" science (instead of one that deals with empirical data, such as chemistry or physics), many psychologists present opinions as fact (which is completely unscientific, as far as I'm concerned).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Earl, this kid can not be reasoned with. There are quite a few times we've made valid arguments and he's just responded with "shut up fags!" or "ur an idiot" or something similar. Arguments were met with insults and he'd never admit he was wrong in any of his views. He was Mr. Perfect solely because he played sports.

He won't get far if he doesn't accept his faults. I have no idea who said this, but I think it fits here: "You can't move forward until you let go of where you are."
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
rotten

Post by rotten »

Earl wrote:Thanks for the kind words, rotten.
No problem, that's what we do here, something those sports people are incapable of doing.
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Skul wrote:Earl, this kid can not be reasoned with. There are quite a few times we've made valid arguments and he's just responded with "shut up fags!" or "ur an idiot" or something similar. Arguments were met with insults and he'd never admit he was wrong in any of his views. He was Mr. Perfect solely because he played sports.

He won't get far if he doesn't accept his faults. I have no idea who said this, but I think it fits here: "You can't move forward until you let go of where you are."
I think I understand now (finally). Sometimes I put too much faith in the power of reason. Since I have tried to be open-minded and have listened to others with different points of view, I've actually changed my mind on several important issues. (Of course, I'm not so open-minded that my brains are likely to fall out of my skull, figuratively speaking.) Samdaman sounds very much like the classic bigot, who will not listen to reason.

Arrogance is a character trait that particularly sticks in my craw. If anyone ever deserved to be arrogant, it would have been my father. His family background was dysfunctional, but he came a long way and was extremely successful as an architect. He socialized with U.S. Presidents, astronauts, and other famous people; but he always respected the dignity of all people, and never looked down on anyone for having a humble occupation. In the spring of 1964, one day I came home from school in a rather bad mood from having been picked on all day. I snapped at the very first person who greeted me when I got home, who happened to be a black lady whom my parents had hired to work for them as a maid. When my father got home and heard what had happened, he was furious with me for having been disrespectful to her; and I nearly got punished. If I had called her a racist epithet (which I never would have done), I definitely would have been punished. You know that my dad's considerate attitude towards black "help" was not common among white Americans in 1964. The point is that my dad did not have to lecture me about being respectful of others; he showed me by his own example. Despite his great success as an architect and businessman and all the many honors he received before he passed away, he still had a sense of humility. No wonder I'm so appalled by arrogant people. I just compare them to my dad.

Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

I think someone should go on Samdaman's stupid gay Sporting News website and start spamming their forums. That WOULD be funny! Only problem is, they have a hell of a lot more members than us - I visited that site earlier and there were over 250 members online. I have never seen more than 7 online at one time on these forums so, as usual in this whole sport hating debate, we are grossly outnumbered!
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Geno

Post by Geno »

Katrin wrote:I think someone should go on Samdaman's stupid gay Sporting News website and start spamming their forums. That WOULD be funny! Only problem is, they have a hell of a lot more members than us - I visited that site earlier and there were over 250 members online. I have never seen more than 7 online at one time on these forums so, as usual in this whole sport hating debate, we are grossly outnumbered!
Somebody should do it, but they'd better be ready to receive an awful lot of hate! Those sports fans don't take kindly to us anti-sporters!
greencom

Post by greencom »

I just visited that SportsNews site where Samdaman lives now, very disgusting! Don't even TRY to reason with any of them, so many morons in one place. I read a little of the posts and I realized I'm too old to endure the anger welling up inside me. Samdaman said our site sickens him, I want him to come back and get sicker.
Greencom
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Katrin wrote:I think someone should go on Samdaman's stupid gay Sporting News website and start spamming their forums. That WOULD be funny! Only problem is, they have a hell of a lot more members than us - I visited that site earlier and there were over 250 members online. I have never seen more than 7 online at one time on these forums so, as usual in this whole sport hating debate, we are grossly outnumbered!

I have to bring in the OMGWTFBBQ people on the Steam forums.

Edit: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Geno

Post by Geno »

So, we're going to get these sport-loving bastards? I thought the day would never come!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

you guys would get torn to shreds
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

You do so here, and Steam Forums > Sportsnews Forums.

Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

I've looked at the Steam forums and they've got a hell of a lot of members. 184,000 as of now. They probably get more posts in one second there than this forum does in a day! I wouldn't mess with them. And by the way, who are these OMGWTFBBQ people?
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

The Steam people, we are an army of GAMERS!