Spoof article: funny & ironic

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Another one

Post by Ray »

SpeedofLeicht wrote:
RaleighRob wrote:Here's another funny one from the Onion: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27786 :lol:

Basically confirms everything I always knew about Phys Ed teachers! :roll:
Good cause they are Fucking Pussies
I Wouldnt defend a nerd, if they are truly bothered by bullies than they should go to the gym instead of masturbating to StarsWars & Fucking theyre Gay boyfriends and all that gay shit
You're a fuckin' idiot. People don't come in one-size-fits-all personalities. Some do good in some areas while others don't. Should I give you a swirlie because you're not as good in some subject I'M good at? But that's OK. Laugh it up now while you can. The swirlies you jocks administer now are temporary. The humiliation you'll suffer at the hands of normal people in real life will endure for a lifetime.

See you at MacDonalds, Chet!

I Hope We Lose!
RaleighRob

Onion = Satire

Post by RaleighRob »

Ray wrote: Man, that is BIZARRE --twilight zone stuff. It's a fake story, right?
Yup...all three of these Onion articles are spoof/satire stuff. Totally fake, but in essence they are based on stuff that happens in the real world and they exaggerate it to make a point.

And you gotta admit...these articles do make some good points about the lunacy of sports! :lol:
RaleighRob

Re: Another one

Post by RaleighRob »

Ray wrote: ?! Is that a joke? It can't be real --would they let an asshole like that teach? Although... that prick does remind me of MY gym teachers. Good article.
(Again, yeah it's a joke. :wink: )
You're right...I definitely think the character was written in such a way so that he reminds ALL of us of our gym teachers! :lol:
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I really liked that Sports Unable to Heal Town article. So true. :lol:

I mean, obviously it's a made-up town with a made-up tragedy, but the point it makes is true.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Onion = Satire

Post by Ray »

RaleighRob wrote:
Ray wrote: Man, that is BIZARRE --twilight zone stuff. It's a fake story, right?
Yup...all three of these Onion articles are spoof/satire stuff. Totally fake, but in essence they are based on stuff that happens in the real world and they exaggerate it to make a point.

And you gotta admit...these articles do make some good points about the lunacy of sports! :lol:
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.. OK. I'm a little slow on the uptake now and then. :)
oh yeah --they do make a good point --they're almost believable!

I Hope We Lose!
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Check out my web site -maybe I'll give you a hero autograph!
http://www.SpeedofLeicht.com/

Do it! You know you want to! I drive cars, after all!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Meatspin again? Oh, please. We already know to check the status bar whenever you post a link to your favourite website.

Just thought I'd ammend your post so it's not offensive, anymore. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
RaleighRob

And another good one...

Post by RaleighRob »

More funny satire from The Onion: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/ba ... un_scandal

Really...with all the scandals in sports these days, our job just gets easier! :lol:
Ray
Site Admin

Re: And another good one...

Post by Ray »

RaleighRob wrote:More funny satire from The Onion: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/ba ... un_scandal

Really...with all the scandals in sports these days, our job just gets easier! :lol:
Man, those stories are so well done I keep thinking I'm reading actual news. All of it seems believable to me. :)

I Hope We Lose!