Judge William Adams Beats Daughter For Using The Internet!!!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Judge William Adams Beats Daughter For Using The Internet!!!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, now this is really sick beyond belief!!!

Please check out the following YouTube video.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeiA6VQ ... ploademail
--------------------------------------------------
Uploaded by Avoicefortheflagged on Nov 3, 2011

Brought to my attention by YouTube superstar sxephil on the Novemebr 2nd Philip DeFranco Show

http://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVcWJUvjRk

The story of William Adams beating his daughter Hillary for Installing a game on her home computer, and her parents reaction to this. It should be noted that her father is a judge, and has previously made statements that evidence from children in court should be ignored.

His daughter filmed this beating in 2004, but has decided to make it public recently, hoping it would encourage her father to seek the professional help he needs

Daily Mail article-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -beats-dis...
--------------------------------------------------

When I first saw this video Yesterday morning, November 3, it made me sick, and I just wanted to scream!

Anyway . . . . . when I was checking my E-mail, I got a notice that a YouTube user, Avoicefortheflagged, had just uploaded a video to his channel, I immediately clicked on the link to watch.

Then I posted a comment on his video.
BigFatHeretic wrote:Well, it looks like I have the honor of being the first to post a comment here. Judge William Adams is one sick fuck! No, instead of getting "professional help" he seriously needs to do time in prison! Oh! They just love child abusers in prison! I hope he ends up withe a cellmate, some 6ft. 4in. redneck named Bubbah who keeps a big can of Crisco in his cell. Yeah, Judge Adams! Bend over and spread 'em for your Uncle Bubbah! I hope he dies in prison! As a kid I was beaten by my stepfather.

BigFatHeretic

Here is a link to the Daily Mail article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

'Our dysfunctional family': Ex-wife of family
judge filmed beating his daughter breaks
silence as girl reveals her father 'dared her
to post it online'

Mother Hallie Adams appeared in interview with her daughter

Daughter Hillary says: 'It happened regularly for a period of time'

Texas Court-at-Law judge William Adams remains unrepentant saying 'I have done nothing wrong'

Father is unlikely to face criminal charges

Girl's mother apologized for horrific attack but says she was 'brainwashed and controlled'

By Daniel Miller, Louise Boyle and Lucy Buckland
Last updated at 3:04 PM on 3rd November 2011

The mother of the disabled girl who posted a horrific video of her family judge father lashing her with a belt online, spoke for the first time today to reveal that she had been hiding her husband's 'secret of addiction for a long time'.

Hallie Adams appeared alongside her daughter Hillary in a TV interview in which they both described years of abuse in their 'dysfunctional' family and Hillary revealed her father had dared her to post the video online.

Judge William Adams, of Rockport in Aransas County, Texas, faces a police investigation and a judicial probe after his daughter uploaded to YouTube last week a secretly-filmed video - taken in 2004 when she was 16 - of him beating her with a belt 20 times.

The sheriff's department said in a statement today that the matter is 'under review' but had no further updates at this time.

Scroll down for video

Image - - - Image
Catching him in the act: Hillary Adams (left) appeared with her mother Hallie to describe the
abuse they suffered at the hands of Judge William Adams at their home in Rockport, Texas

Speaking out: Hillary Adams (right), who secretly filmed her father lashing her with
a belt, appeared today with her mother Hallie to reveal the abuse they faced at the
hands of Judge William Adams

According to Judge Burt Mills, the senior judge in the county to whom he reports, Adams was relieved of his court duties for the next two weeks and his cases passed to another judge while inquiries are carried out.

Neither the police nor the judge has responded to requests for additional comments from MailOnline.

Today her mother, who also appeared in the video, tried to explain why she too had hit her daughter and stood aside to let her husband attack.

She said: 'My answer to you and to the world is something that I've been hiding for a very long time is a family secret and that's addiction.'

When asked if she has an addiction, the mother said no but when asked if her ex-husband did, she told the interviewer: 'Yes sir.'

She offered no further explanation as to what the addiction might be.
A FAMILY AT WAR

Hillary Adams: 'It did happen regularly for a
period of time, and I could tell because of the
pattern that things were escalating again, so
I set up my video camera on the dresser and
covered the little red light with a scarf.'

Hallie Adams: 'I was completely brainwashed
and controlled. When I leave the room he is
telling me what to say, what to do.'

William Adams: 'It looks worse than it is.'
Disciplinarian: Judge Adams has been relieved of his court duties for two weeks while
the investigation into the video continues

Hallie Adams added: 'I lived in an environment of dysfunction and it steadily got worse. I did leave him... but he shamed me into going back.'

Hillary Adams, now 23, said she had forgiven her mother and did not regret making the video public. It has now been viewed more than a million times.

Brave: Hillary Adams, who suffers from axatic
cerebral palsy, exposed her father's violence

'We're very close now,' Hillary said.

'When I showed her the video, she started crying, hasn't stopped apologizing, and I forgive her because she knows everything that happened.'

Speaking to the Today show, she said: 'I told him I had the video... and he dared me to post it.'

Judge Adams, who presides mainly over cases involving children, remained unrepentant.

He said: 'In my mind I haven't done anything wrong other than discipline my child after she was caught stealing and I did lose my temper but I've since apologized. It looks worse than it is.

'There is a story and it will come out in due time.'

He is unlikely to face criminal charges after authorities said that the statute of limitations for causing bodily injury to a child is five years. The incident occurred seven years ago.

Hillary Adams was asked by the Today Show how she felt about the ordeal she had suffered now.

Miss Adams said: 'I've experience everything from crying about it to laughing.

'There are so many emotions and sometimes it's like reliving it and it sometimes it's like watching it from a completely third-person point of view. It's really impossible to put all that into words.

She added: 'It did happen regularly for a period of time, and I could tell because of the pattern that things were escalating again, so I set up my video camera on the dresser and covered the little red light with a scarf.

'About half an hour after I set the camera up this happened and it was amazing that I was able to capture such a thing.'

Miss Adams explained that she waited seven years to release the video because she feared for her safety and that of her mother and younger sister.

'Back then I was still a minor and living under his roof and releasing it then... I don't know what would have happened to me or my mother or my little sister, so waiting until today seven years later has enabled me to pull away and be able to distance myself from the consequences.'

Sickening: Texas family law Judge William Adams brutally whips his disabled daughter in
footage caught on a webcam set up by the girl in 2004 when she was 16

Attack: The girl, who suffers from cerebral palsy, yelps in pain as her father beats her
repeatedly with the leather belt for playing on her computer

The 23-year-old added that there was no one incident that caused her to post the tape but simply enduring abuse from her father over many years.

'It was the straw that broke the camel's back. It wasn't any, you know, huge happening or anything. I just told him I had the video and he didn't seem to think anything of it and basically dared me to post it.'

The interviewer turns to Hillary's mother Hallie, who has been divorced from Judge Adams for four years, and asks her why she also hit her daughter with a belt.

She responded: 'That's a good question and that's what I had to ask myself. I didn't know about the video until, well, this past April. And this past weekend was the first time I saw it. My answer to you and to the world is something that I've been hiding for a very long time is a family secret and that's addiction.'

Image - - - Image
All apologies: Judge Adams (left) said the attack on his daughter Hillary, who suffers from
cerebral palsy 'was not as bad as it looks'

Hallie Adams continued: 'I was completely brainwashed and controlled. I did every single thing that he did. When I leave the room he is telling me what to say, what to do.'

The video, entitled 'Family law judge beats own daughter for using the internet, please spread', shows the motive for the attack was because Miss Adams, who suffers from cerebral palsy, had been caught downloading music to the computer in her bedroom.

In the footage, Judge Adams can be seen delivering around ten powerful strikes across his daughter's legs and backside. His wife then grabs the belt from him to take over, at which point he walks out only to return moments later with another belt so he can continue beating her.

Unrepentant: Judge Adams defended his
actions by saying he was just disciplining
his daughter

On the seven-minute long clip, as his daughter begs him to stop he can be heard snarling: 'Bend over the f***ing bed.

'Lay down or I'll spank you in the f***ing face.'

In total the girl receives 20 hard lashes from her father and one from her mother.

The mother screams: 'You turn over like a 16-year-old and take it like a grown woman.'

As the child lies crying on her bed, her father shouts: 'Do you want to put some more computer games on? Are you happy disobeying your parents?

'You don't deserve to be in this f***ing house. What happened to you Hillary?'

'If I hear so much as you raising your f***ing voice to me or your mother with the wrong tone or do one little thing or you look at me f***ing wrong, I'm going to wear your f***ing a** out with this belt.'

The shocking footage appeared to have been filmed on a webcam set up in the bedroom and dates from 2004 but only became public on October 27.

Judge Adams said that he informed the Judicial Review board himself after seeing the video had been posted online by his daughter.

The Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct said it has been flooded with demands to remove Judge Adams from the bench.

Hallie Adams posted on Facebook an emotional plea to her husband to end the abuse.

Little musician: Innocent Hillary Adams curtseys before a piano recital as a child
Dedication: Hillary Adams suffers from ataxic cerebral palsy which causes difficulty with
balance, hand and feet movements and speech

She wrote: 'I am praying for my daughters and me and my family to heal in all ways from emotional and physical abuse, for the current and continuing abuse of my children and me that has been ongoing to end.'

Police Chief Tim Jayroe, of Rockport, Texas, said an investigation had been launched into Judge Adams after they were swamped with phone calls from all over the world when the film swept across the Internet. However he admitted it was difficult to determine when a line had been crossed.

Chief Jayroe said: 'By state law a person has a right to discipline their children to a point, but not to the point that you cause serious bodily injury to a child.

The senior officer added that Judge Adams has left the Texas town of Rockport and a note outside the courthouse said his hearings had been cancelled.

Model child: Hillary Adams had previously posted a video showing herself as an
extremely gifted pianist

As a result of the furore, the video was being examined by the District Attorney and previous controversial judgements Judge Adams made in cases involving children have come to light.

In a court judgement last October, Judge Adams said that a child's statements 'amounted to no evidence' despite the fact the child's words had been confirmed by third party witnesses and recorded on video several times. The young person had also been interviewed by a child psychologist who believed the child.

Judge Adams also agreed with a lawyer who claimed all children are 'fantasizers' and their testimony should just be ignored.

Widespread viewing: After the video was uploaded to YouTube by Hillary Adams, it was then
posted on Reddit and thousands more times across the Internet

Gathering speed: A Facebook page Don't Re-Elect Judge William Adams was set up yesterday

The footage gained speed with the video trending on Twitter and has been viewed a million times. A Facebook page entitled Don't Re-Elect Judge William Adams that was set up two days ago now has almost 20,000 followers.
JUDGE ADAMS: 'A CHILD'S TESTIMONY SHOULD BE IGNORED'

The video footage of Judge William Adams
physically abusing his daughter has brought
under scrutiny child protection cases he has
worked on in the past.

Witnesses who attended a courtroom trial of
Judge Adams on October 11 last year claimed
that the judge agreed with a lawyer who had
argued that 'a child's statements amounted to
no evidence' and they are 'fantasizers'.

The case involved the custody of a six-year-old
child who is said to have suffered 'horrific abuse'.

According to the blog, A Child's Voice, despite the
child's statements being confirmed by independent
third party witnesses and the young person being
interviewed by a child psychologist, Judge Adams
concluded that children's testimony should be ignored.
From her Twitter account, Hillary Adams tweeted: 'Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person.

'It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.'

Judge Adam's senior colleague County Judge C.H. 'Burts' Mills told MailOnline that Judge Adams was not currently at work and had not presided over any trials this week.

Miss Adams, who has suffered from ataxic cerebral palsy from birth, said her condition causes problems including difficulty with balance, shaky movements of hands or feet, and difficulty with speech.

The video has incited fury on twitter with dozens posting their disgust.

@Johnny_Ads wrote: oh my god. what a disgusting video. im shocked. poor girl - what repulsive parents. Shame on them.

And @eschaton added: I hope this exposure gets him sent to prison for a good, long time.

Before the identity of the man in the video was known several people took to the Internet to name and shame the judge.

One post from a J. Andre Bardin, who claims to be one of Hillary's friends, reads: 'I know in the article you say you cannot confirm the man in the video is him, but I can. It's him.

'That's his voice, that's his mannerisms, and that is his house.'

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o&feature

Big Crescendo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_g9TZN1UMo
WOW! It just keeps on getting better! Doesn't it?

I think my favorite part is when Judge William Adams says . . . . .
"a child's statements amounted to no evidence"
Yeah, uh huh! Another words, a child's statement in a court of law should be ignored.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

What about children who had been sexually molested, beaten, and raped?

Does he take the word of an adult pedophile before he accepts the word of a child? Does he believe that all children are liars?

Oh wait! Now I get it!

It has something to do with good ol' fashion morality, and the old fashion folk beliefs that "children should be seen and not heard" yeah, uh huh! We get it!

But of course! That's it!

Here in America, almost everybody believes that the earth is only 6000 years old, and anybody who doesn't believe in these Biblical fairy tales are not true Americans.

And along with that, also comes the belief that all children are born in sin, and that children should be seen and not heard.

So, the screams of a child being tortured are to be ignored!

Yeah! Uh huh! We get it, now!

You know, this all reminds me of an incident that occurred in my own life back in July 2001.

I was living in a two bed room apartment, and I had a room mate. He had in second stroke a couple of months earlier. His girlfriend moved in with us, but she was no help when it came to taking care of him.

As a result of his second stroke, he suffered memory loss, became paranoid and delusional, and even violent.

He and his girlfriend came into my room telling me that I should get rid of my computer because it was causing a lot of problems.

OK. the original agreement was, that I would only go online after 9:00 PM in the evenings because we needed the have the phone line free during the day. This was back when I was still using dial-up, before I had DSL, or even knew about DSL.

But that evening, my room mate wanted to back out of our original agreement, and he and his girlfriend wanted me to get rid my computer, and he wanted me to go off line and shut down my computer.

The rent on the apartment was in my name, the electric bill and the telephone bill was in my name, yet he was trying to tell me what to do.

We got into an argument, he went back to his room, and came out again, back into my room with a great big machete, and started swinging!!!

He fractured my left wrist (I'm left handed) and when I started leaving my room, he struck me in the back of my head. He also tried to cut the phone line so I couldn't call for help. I had to go out of my apartment, down the hall, down the stairs, out the front door of the building, leaving a trail of blood behind me all the way to the street corner where there was a pay phone.

Then I dialed 911, and a fire engine, an ambulance, and two police cars arrived on the scene. While I was having my shirt cut off of me, and being strapped to a gurney, and being lifted into the ambulance, I could see a cop going into the apartment building with a shot gun.

I spent three days in the hospital and my ex-room mate went to the slammer for nine months.

That was back in July 2001. My left wrist is fucked up, I can't play the guitar anymore, so, that's just one more thing that was taken away from me over the course of my life.

Going back further, when I was in the 5th grade, I got my head bashed against the corner of a concrete block wall by a teacher who didn't want me checking out Astronomy books from the school library. Gee! I though, that as a teacher, hes job was to actually teach, and encourage students who liked to read.

So, I must ask . . . . . what is it, about our American culture, that produces morons who delight in torturing children, and people who are hostile toward technology, and toward those of us who enjoy technology and all the gifts wrought by today's technological advances in science?

This Judge William Adams give me another reason to be ashamed of being a Texan.

What is it about Texas, that we have so many low-life scum-bags in political and legal offices.

This piece of dog shit has no business being a judge.

He should be locked up so far away where he won't even be able to hear the dogs barking!

I hope he gets beaten to death in prison!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Re: Judge William Adams Beats Daughter For Using The Interne

Post by Safety »

I was looking for this interview. I think that the judge simply took the punishment too far, as it exceeds the nature of the crime. However, it makes sense that he would be so upset over something like this, even though it really may not be that big of a deal to some people. He's a judge, so he's always on the look-out for things that could possibly lead to bad criticism, such as his daughter illegally downloading music/games off of the internet. Unfortunately, what he had hoped to prevent with his punishment has turned around and bit him. I think that spanking with his hand would have been punishment enough, but he took it too far by using a belt. That's just my opinion.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:I was looking for this interview. I think that the judge simply took the punishment too far, as it exceeds the nature of the crime. However, it makes sense that he would be so upset over something like this, even though it really may not be that big of a deal to some people. He's a judge, so he's always on the look-out for things that could possibly lead to bad criticism, such as his daughter illegally downloading music/games off of the internet. Unfortunately, what he had hoped to prevent with his punishment has turned around and bit him. I think that spanking with his hand would have been punishment enough, but he took it too far by using a belt. That's just my opinion.
OK, in the past, I have downloaded music and saved it to my computer, but only for my own personal listening pleasure.

I really don't know if it was illegal to do so or what.

Now, it I were copying music to give away or sell, then I could understand how that might be illegal, but for my own private use, well, that's nobody's fucking business!

The Republicans what to put people in prison for up to 35 years just for downloading too many science journals from university web sites. Uh, excuse me, but I'm talking about web sites that are public domain.

That's like, wanting to put people in prison for checking out too many books from a library.

No, if I download a science article to my computer for my own reading pleasure, that is my own damn business, as long as I'm not making any profit from it.

As far as I'm concerned, if I can see it or hear it on my computer, then I have a right to save it to my computer. I have always copied and pasted science articles and pictures from web sites to my own files, and downloaded music to my computer, for my own personal use only.

So, it nobody's damn business!

In conclusion . . . . .

FUCK YOU!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Hello Fatman,

I foresaw your rage-induced response, and in preparation, I formulated a response of my own. However, I now forget what that response was going to be, as I had prepared it in my head last night before falling asleep. It involved something about me trying to look at this situation with as much impartiality as possible, and it ended with me apologizing to you for disagreeing with my opinion.

Anyways, I didn't read what you had posted in your initial post because it was too long, and reading long posts such as the one that you posted bores me to tears. I did, however, read somewhere else that the girl's (Hillary Adam's) cerebral palsy isn't as bad as she makes it out to be, and in the video she seemed to be speaking and moving about just fine. And like I said before, since William Adams is a judge, he's constantly on the look-out for things that might potentially hurt his reputation or ruin his career. While I don't agree with the action he took, I understand why he did it. I don't think that he's the child-and-wife-beating-savage that some may make him out to be, but someone who's frustration is based on fear; fear of what his child's actions could have on his future.

You're probably thinking, "if Safety is impartial, then why is he defending the judge more than his daughter?" Well, first of all, I said that I try to be impartial. No one is truly impartial in any given situation (or so says my philosophy professor. And by the way, never take ethics philosophy in college. It's only as slightly interesting as it may sound.) Furthermore, most people see the wrong that was committed against the daughter from the video and hearing that the daughter has cerebral palsy, but they might not understand why the judge committed the actions he did, other than that he's a "child-and-wife-beating-savage."

That's like, wanting to put people in prison for checking out too many books from a library.
I don't know what the rules are against library books, but I think that you might be fined a late fee for keeping them out too long. I don't know if you they'll let you rent that many, but it's essentially renting books. They don't offer rented music, or at least not to the extent of my knowledge.
No, if I download a science article to my computer for my own reading pleasure, that is my own damn business, as long as I'm not making any profit from it.
The articles that you download are more than likely published for free, and you don't have to pay to view them, like you would have to pay to listen to music. But if you published them as your own and made a profit out of them, then that would be plagiarism, and that would be illegal (which has been stressed to me a plethora of times).
As far as I'm concerned, if I can see it or hear it on my computer, then I have a right to save it to my computer. I have always copied and pasted science articles and pictures from web sites to my own files, and downloaded music to my computer, for my own personal use only.
If musicians want people to hear their music by purchasing the CD and not by the internet, then why do they allow their music to be posted on websites such as YouTube? Most musicians don't care if their music is published online, it's their record labels that are concerned about this. Artists make money from tours and advertising, not from record sales. The artist's record label makes the money from record sales. A lot of the music on that's posted on YouTube is taken down by the musician's record label. The music that isn't taken down remains alive for two reasons, I think:

1) It goes undetected from the record label
2) The record label doesn't care in some cases

The reason that we find videos with music, rather than videos with music that has been taken down is because the latter videos become less popular and soon fall into YouTube irrelevancy, while the former are usually recently uploaded videos that are quickly gaining ground. Pictures, along with web articles, are published so that people may freely view them, and as long as you're not using them in your own work, it is legal to have them.

I'm not saying that I don't download music or games and that I'm a perfectly honest civilian, I'm just trying to make a case for the judge, who I'm sure is going through a lot of heat right now with spiteful emails, phone calls, and public harassment. I know that his public information is posted on Encyclopedia Dramatica, so I'm sure that 4chan & Reddit are getting to him in some way.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:While I don't agree with the action he took, I understand why he did it. I don't think that he's the child-and-wife-beating-savage that some may make him out to be, but someone who's frustration is based on fear; fear of what his child's actions could have on his future.
Fear! Ah yes! That's what it all comes down to! Fear!

Sorry, but Judge William Adams is a coward!

Fear comes from ignorance, and both lead to prejudice, and ignorant cowards tend to hate and attack what they don't understand and what they fear!
Safety wrote:Anyways, I didn't read what you had posted in your initial post because it was too long, and reading long posts such as the one that you posted bores me to tears.
So, you don't like reading much! Eh?

Well, I love to read!

Did I ever tell you, that my mother taught me how to read and write before I even started going to school?

Also, by the time I was only in the third grade, I could already read at high school and adult level!

When I was a kid, during the hot summers I would hang out in the public library, and I read many books with many long long long articles and/or stories, so nothing was too long for me to read.

I suspect some of the adults in that small town where I lived were probably afraid me. Yes, imagine a kid only 9 years old reading adult level science books! WOW! That must have scared the ever-livin' bee-geebers outta them!

That's probably one of the reasons why I was bullied around so much, and why my 5th grade teacher bashed my head against a brick wall in an argument over an Astronomy book that he didn't want me to check out from the school library.

The bullying was done, mostly out of ignorance and fear!

And Judge William Adams beat his daughter because he is a coward!

You know, I hate cowards!

That's because cowards can cause the death of innocent people. Cowards destroy what they don't understand because of their ignorance.

There is a good reason, why cowards who desert their fellow troops in the army during battle are usually executed when caught. It's because their cowardice and deserting can put their fellow troops in more danger by giving away their position on the field.

Sorry, but again I say, Judge William Adams is a sniveling coward. Any (man?) who beats his wife and kids is a low-life scum-bag piece of dog shit and a coward! Yes, his wife was abused as well, and that's why she divorced the fucker!

There is no way you can possibly justify his actions.

He's a coward.

You see, when I was a kid, I got my head bashed against a brick wall by an adult who was a coward. He feared me because I "knew too much for one so young" and I knew more than most of the adults in that small town, because most of them were ignorant buffoons who got drunk and beat their wives and kids.

Yeah, just like my stepfather would do the same to me and my mother.

I was very happy when he finally died.

And I hope Judge William Adams dies in prison.

And once again . . . . .

. . . you can fuck off!!!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

I don't think he's a coward, he just lost his temper and went too far.

I enjoy reading as long as it's interesting, but your posts are just boring to me. I don't like reading as much as I like writing though.

Minor update: I just finished rewatching the video of the punishment and the interview on the Today Show.

To me, it just looked like a normal punishment. Although my parents never spanked me with a belt, they still spanked me with their hand and I turned out just fine. I know that belts hurt a lot more than regular spankings, but I know kids who were punished with belts and they turned out to be just fine. They never posted hidden videos of the punishments onto YouTube or any other website. I actually wished that my parents had punished me more often because I was a spoiled little brat :x

I disagree with the mother being "brain-washed." That part kind of frustrated me. She was fully aware of what she was doing by helping the father discipline his daughter, even though I don't think that it was that serious.

I remember when my parents used to punish me and, being the spoiled brat that I was, would threaten to tell someone about their "severe" punishments and send them to jail. Now, when I look back on it, I'm disappointed that I would even consider doing something like that, as my parents both love me very much and all they were doing was trying to teach me. Although, I guess I can't be that disappointed in myself. I was only just a kid. The father admitted that he lost his temper and even said that he apologized to Hillary. The fact that Hillary posted the video onto YouTube rather than turning it into the authorities shows that she's just as immature as she was back then. She looked like she was just trying to ruin her father's reputation, rather than to prove a point. She didn't even seem like she had any reasoning at all for doing what she did, other than to get revenge. And I'm basing this off of what I saw in the Today Show interview.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Excuse me Safety, but he is a coward.

He even threatened to beat her on the face with the belt.

My stepfather use to come home drunk on his ass, and beat the Hell out of me and my mother.

Yes, my mother spanked me a few times, but it was only a swat on the butt with her hand, so that was no big deal, and it was very seldom, probably because, unlike you, I was not a brat. I'm not saying I was perfect, nobody is perfect.

But, my stepfather, he was something else. To avoid his beatings, I would run to my mother and tell her to spank me instead.

An occasional swat on the butt with the hand is one thing, but a beating with a belt is another thing entirely, and it was not just one or two swats, but about 20 swats, so he went way way way over the line.

And my 5th grade teacher had no right to bash my head against a brick wall either. If I were a parent, I wound not allow anybody else to touch my child.

Also, getting my head bashed against the wall caused some permanent damage due to a severe concussion, because for years afterward, I had headaches and dizzy spells which gradually became less intense as I got older.

And when my teacher punched me in the stomach with a basketball, he punched me so hard I nearly blacked out, and he could have easily fractured my ribs.

Now, what did I do to deserve the punishment?

Well, in the gymnasium, the ball slipped out of my hands during the game. And when I got my head bashed against the brick wall, it was in a argument over an Astronomy book that he would not allow me to check out from the school library.

Yeah! Unlike you, I love reading. To me, reading was not boring. But I can understand how you might get bored with reading, since you're just a bed-wetting ignoramus with shit for brains who believes that Galileo and Charles Darwin are burning down in Hell.

No, I'm not letting that go! Every time you say the stupid, I'm going to throw it back in your face and rub your nose in it, like a puppy that crapped on my carpet!

Yeah! I guess I was just a rotten brat and got what I deserved! Right?

Yeah, uh huh! Dropping a ball, and wanting to read a book are considered crimes in the USA!

Then, at the age of 17, I was beaten and raped by an older man!

And people wonder why I'm all fucked up in the head!

And now . . . . . after seeing that video, that really grinds my gears!

I hope someday, somebody sticks a knife in his throat!

Oh! But to you, it's no big deal what that bastard did to his daughter. Eh?

He deserves to be exposed on the Internet, and I hope his career gets all fucked up, and he ends up, unemployed, homeless, and flying a cardboard sign on a street corner begging for food.

People who abuse children are trash, and should be thrown out with the trash!

Somebody should cut his ball off so that he can't produce anymore children to suffer.

He should have his pecker split lengthways with a rusty razor, his balls crushed in a vice, and be nailed up-side-down on a shit-house door, and then, the shit-house should be set on fire!

He seriously needs to lay down and take a dirt nap!

It's getting way past his dead time!

Once again . . . . .

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

My father also threatened to do things like that to me, but he never did, and he never had any real intention of doing so. It's just so strike fear into the children so that they don't commit anymore crimes.
And my 5th grade teacher had no right to bash my head against a brick wall either. If I were a parent, I wound not allow anybody else to touch my child.

Also, getting my head bashed against the wall caused some permanent damage due to a severe concussion, because for years afterward, I had headaches and dizzy spells which gradually became less intense as I got older.

And when my teacher punched me in the stomach with a basketball, he punched me so hard I nearly blacked out, and he could have easily fractured my ribs.
I agree that it was unjustifiable on their part, although I realize that the standard for punishments may have been different back then, but I'm not sure how different.
An occasional swat on the butt with the hand is one thing, but a beating with a belt is another thing entirely, and it was not just one or two swats, but about 20 swats, so he went way way way over the line.
I already mentioned how I realize that a belt can be much more painful than just hand, and how I agree that he took it too far.
I don't agree or condone what he did, but I understand why he did it. I certainly wouldn't have taken a belt to my daughter if I were him, but that's mostly because of two things. 1) It takes a lot to piss me off. I mean, you have to wrong me in an extreme way in order to make me angry even in the slightest. Otherwise I just look at a situation as being an obstacle in life. 2) I would be really, really sad if I hit my child like that :(
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

My father also threatened to do things like that to me, but he never did, and he never had any real intention of doing so. It's just so strike fear into the children so that they don't commit anymore crimes.

I agree that it was unjustifiable on their part, although I realize that the standard for punishments may have been different back then, but I'm not sure how different.
I already mentioned how I realize that a belt can be much more painful than just hand, and how I agree that he took it too far.
I don't agree or condone what he did, but I understand why he did it. I certainly wouldn't have taken a belt to my daughter if I were him, but that's mostly because of two things. 1) It takes a lot to piss me off. I mean, you have to wrong me in an extreme way in order to make me angry even in the slightest. Otherwise I just look at a situation as being an obstacle in life. 2) I would be really, really sad if I hit my child like that :(
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:I don't agree or condone what he did, but I understand why he did it.
Yeah! I also understand why he did it!

He did it because, in addition to being a coward, he's also a sanctimonious scum-bag piece of dog shit!

That's why he did it?

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

He did it because, in addition to being a coward, he's also a sanctimonious scum-bag piece of dog shit!
If by sanctimonious you mean asserting his power over his daughter as the authority figure in the household, then yes, that's probably why he did it. All parents discipline their children in that way. They need to learn respect somehow, and punishing them for their crimes is the best way to do so.

And if by in addition to being a coward you mean practicing the laws that he lays down so that he doesn't contradict his authority in some way, then yes to that as well.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:
If by sanctimonious you mean asserting his power over his daughter as the authority figure in the household, then yes, that's probably why he did it. All parents discipline their children in that way. They need to learn respect somehow, and punishing them for their crimes is the best way to do so.

And if by in addition to being a coward you mean practicing the laws that he lays down so that he doesn't contradict his authority in some way, then yes to that as well.
By sanctimonious, I mean being rigid and authoritarian.

I suppose, when my 5th grade teacher punched me in the stomach with a basketball just for dropping the ball during a game, or when he bashed my head up against the brick wall because he didn't want me to check out an Astronomy book from the school library, then, he was just asserting his power over me as the authority figure! Eh?

So, being in a position of authority gives you the right to exercise that power of authority as you see fit?

Sorry, but there are limits, or at least there should be limits to what one can do when exercising authority.

For example: if you're driving your car, and you go over the speed limit, a cop has a right to pull you over, ask you to show him your driver's license, and he has a right to write you out a ticket for speeding with a date to appear in court. The cop has no right to pull you out of your car and beat you senseless with his billy club!

Now, if I were a parent, and if my kid was doing something illegal on the Internet, I would take the computer away, and suspend Internet privileges for a period of time. How long would depend on how serious the infraction was. I would think of a more appropriate punishment, but I would not beat my child for something like that.

Another words, the punishment should fit the crime.

But NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Some adults in a position of authority take things to the extreme.

Yeah, like, I deserved to get punched in the stomach for dropping the ball during a stupid basketball game? Like I deserved to get my head bashed against a brick wall for wanting to read a book???

Over the years, the amount of punishment I have received was way out of proportion to the seriousness of the offense.

Actually, I should not have been punished at all for dropping the ball in the gym, and I should not have been punished at all for wanting to read a book. Since when is dropping a ball or reading a book is a crime?

You would think that I had beaten and raped somebody!

No, wait! Professional football players or basketball player don't even get punished for rape. No, instead they get a pat on the back from the coach, an increase in pay, and a brand new Hummer for FREE!

So, I guess, dropping a ball, and wanting to read an Astronomy book is a worse crime than rape here in the good ol' USA!

I forget, how many times have I told you to go fuck yourself?

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to tell you again to . . . . .

. . . GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Earl

Post by Earl »

I speak as the father of two daughters, who are now in their twenties. I could not stand to read the OP in its entirety because I'm sickened by what I saw in the video. William Adams is white trash. What he was doing was beating his daughter. I believe there is a place for spanking; but when a child has reached the age of 16, it's too late to use spanking as a means of discipline. Of course, what I saw in the video was not spanking; it was a beating. When a child is in his or her mid-teens, even spanking is an inappropriate means of discipline. The proper discipline for children of this age is withdrawing some privilege or something similar. There's something else that needs to be pointed out. A firm rule of child discipline for the parent is to not lose one's temper, which Adams clearly allowed himself to do. I repeat, a father should never lose his temper when his child must be disciplined. Just like white trash. I and my wife have not been permissive parents. Our daughters, in fact, have turned out to be far more successful than I was at their ages. William Adams is an abuser, as far as I'm concerned. There are loving couples who aren't biologically capable of having children of their own. William Adams doesn't deserve to have any children.

I may have more comments to post after I've read the rest of this thread, but it's rather unpleasant to me. We'll see ...

In the meantime, I'll just say that William Adams is white trash. :evil:

Edit: "Judge" Adams handled child abuse cases? Oh, give me a break! :evil:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:I may have more comments to post after I've read the rest of this thread, but it's rather unpleasant to me. We'll see ...

In the meantime, I'll just say that William Adams is white trash. :evil:

"Judge" Adams handled child abuse cases? Oh, give me a break! :evil:
Yeah! He handled child abuses cases, and he believed that a child's testimony in court is not to be believed, that is should be ignored.
A Child's Voice, despite the child's statements being confirmed by independent third party witnesses and the young person being interviewed by a child psychologist, Judge Adams concluded that children's testimony should be ignored.
Yeah, right! Even if the child shows physical and medical evidence of having been severely abused and beaten, the child's testimony should still be ignored?

WOW! That sounds like something out of the 14th century, that "children should be seen and not heard" yeah, uh huh! We know! We know!

Actually, it sounds Biblical. A man's testimony in a trial is worth more than the testimony of two women, so I guess, the testimony of children is worth nothing at all, Eh?

This whole thing makes me sick.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

My Mozilla Firefox kept crashing, and also, when reloaded it would not restore the previous session anymore.

I went to a web site to get technical help. There was a toll free number.

So, when I called, we set up remote access to my computer. It was kind of weird seeing the mouse arrow move by itself, like my computer was haunted.

Well, after the diagnoses, to fix the problem, I would have to subscribe to their services, and it would have cost me about $75 dollars to have the problem fixed.

I said fuck that shit!

So, I was up all night working on my computer.

I have two hard drives. My 160 gigabyte Master C: Drive where I have Windows 7 installed, and my 400 gigabyte Slave D: Drive where I have all that is downloaded from the Internet saved to my personal files.

Anyway . . . . .

Last night, I said "fuck this shit!" so, I formatted by C: Drive and re-installed my Windows 7 on it, so I didn't lose anything, because my Windows 7 operating system is the only thing installed on it.

Then of course, I went to my D: Drive to my folder that I titled "Program Files" and I deleted everything from my Mozilla Firefox folder to get a fresh new start.

Then I downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox going from Firefox 6.0 to Firefox 7.0.1 and installing a whole new program.

Anyway . . . . . I was up all night and didn't get a chance to lay down until 9:00 AM this Sunday morning, and I slept until 5:30 PM this afternoon.

So, I was tired, but now, my computer is much faster, and I love this latest version of Firefox.

It use to be, that after I restarted my computer and reloaded Firefox, I would get the Firefox Homepage and you click on the button that says "Restore Previous Session" but now, I don't get that anymore. Instead, Firefox now reloads with all of my tabs up from the previous session, so now, it remembers my previous sessions again, and it doesn't crash anymore.

So, I'm happy now, but I'm tired.

Well, I'm still unhappy and pissed off over the article in my forum post.

That Judge William Adams should be modeling the latest fashions in Tar & Feather-ware!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Earl wrote:In the meantime, I'll just say that William Adams is white trash. :evil:
I have to disagree here. Adams was a judge, so he clearly was not "white trash." I'm guessing his office and career paid well enough to place him high in the middle class.