NASCAR is NOT a Sport

Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.
Don

NASCAR is NOT a Sport

Post by Don »

No, this is not really a sport because no effort is exerted --no sweat, no strain, no pushing beyond one's limits. It's just a life-size version of slot car racing. And we all remember how exciting THAT was. What with the little cars racing around and around and around a plastic figure eight track. That got old pretty quick. At least, for me, it did.

If this is a sport, then so is crane operating, elevator riding, or lawn mowing.
F U CN RD THS U CNT SPL WRTH A DM!
blast flame

Re: NASCAR is NOT a Sport

Post by blast flame »

Don wrote:No, this is not really a sport because no effort is exerted --no sweat, no strain, no pushing beyond one's limits. It's just a life-size version of slot car racing. And we all remember how exciting THAT was. What with the little cars racing around and around and around a plastic figure eight track. That got old pretty quick. At least, for me, it did.

If this is a sport, then so is crane operating, elevator riding, or lawn mowing.
not to mention it has a tiny bit of worth becuase it makes car technology better.
The world is helping sport and attacking freedom, don't let this happen

yallsuckballs
Sports Bore

Post by yallsuckballs »

Oh yea, Did you forget to mention Nascar drivers are in amazing shape. I would bet 1 million dollers you could not last a whole Nascar race. You have to been in amazing shape to withstand the heat of racing. Plus its mentally challenging you idiots dont recognize that.
Ray
Site Admin

oh yeah?

Post by Ray »

yallsuckballs wrote:Oh yea, Did you forget to mention Nascar drivers are in amazing shape. I would bet 1 million dollers you could not last a whole Nascar race. You have to been in amazing shape to withstand the heat of racing. Plus its mentally challenging you idiots dont recognize that.
Drivers are in amazing shape? Give me a break, you simpleton. But that's besides the point. Even if drivers are in excellent shape, who cares? Good for them. They're doing what they like. What I take issue with is the millions of people who live vicariously through someone else. They can't take responsibility for their own lives and drive. They have to admire others and paste numbers on their trucks to display their undying love. I say, if they want to watch cars drive, they can go stand on the corner and watch cars drive by all day. Fer nuthin'!

I Hope We Lose!
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

yallsuckballs wrote:Oh yea, Did you forget to mention Nascar drivers are in amazing shape. I would bet 1 million dollers you could not last a whole Nascar race. You have to been in amazing shape to withstand the heat of racing. Plus its mentally challenging you idiots dont recognize that.
If it were mentally challenging it shouldn't be call sport. Sport is the opposet of mentally challenging.

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

What the hell is so mentally challenging about driving a car around and around and around a twisty road? Is the mental challenge to remember where all the corners are?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:
What the hell is so mentally challenging about driving a car around and around and around a twisty road? Is the mental challenge to remember where all the corners are?
ha ha h HA ha HA ha ha ha ha h AH AH AH AH HA PWND!!

I Hope We Lose!
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Skul wrote:
It is mentally challenging for a sport fan

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

blast flame wrote:
Skul wrote:
:lol: can't a sports fan catch a break? ha ha ha ha ha ah haha

I Hope We Lose!
Gene

Post by Gene »

blast flame wrote:
Skul wrote:
hehehehehehehe TRUE DAT!!!
Sports Copy Editor

Post by Sports Copy Editor »

NASCAR is almost neverending: It ends in mid-November and starts up again in February. (Most sports seasons are too long, but NASCAR is the worst offender.) How could anyone, besides a lobotomy patient, sustain any interest?
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Sports Copy Editor wrote:NASCAR is almost neverending: It ends in mid-November and starts up again in February. (Most sports seasons are too long, but NASCAR is the worst offender.) How could anyone, besides a lobotomy patient, sustain any interest?
I didn't know that. Good question. I went to a race once --free tickets otherwise I wouldn't have gone --and it was the most boring thing I have ever been to. Loud as hell and you couldn't tell what the &^%$#@! was going on. There was just a bunch of cars driving around an oval track. All passing each other, you couldn't tell who was in front. I didn't get the attraction. The only thing I can figure is that a car race serves as a destination that people can claim to have visited to impress their trailor park friends.

I Hope We Lose!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

I once dated someone who was into NASCAR. He made me watch it with him at least once...maybe a few times, don't remember. BORING. I don't know how he got it into his head that I would even want to watch it with him.

I also had to go to a Superbowl party with him once, but that's another story. Anyway, thankfully all that is history now.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:I once dated someone who was into NASCAR. He made me watch it with him at least once...maybe a few times, don't remember. BORING. I don't know how he got it into his head that I would even want to watch it with him.

I also had to go to a Superbowl party with him once, but that's another story. Anyway, thankfully all that is history now.
he he he maybe he thought the manliness of the "sport" would turn you on and cement your relationship. ;) Did you watch Taladega Nights? That's a mildly funny movie about some kind of car racing --not sure if it's NASCAR.

I Hope We Lose!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Ray wrote:
abitagirl wrote:I once dated someone who was into NASCAR. He made me watch it with him at least once...maybe a few times, don't remember. BORING. I don't know how he got it into his head that I would even want to watch it with him.

he he he maybe he thought the manliness of the "sport" would turn you on and cement your relationship. ;) Did you watch Taladega Nights? That's a mildly funny movie about some kind of car racing --not sure if it's NASCAR.

Nope, never seen that one. Yes, maybe he did think that, because despite my telling him repeatedly that I didn't like sports, he managed to guilt me into going to baseball games with him, watching a number of football games, etc. I was never really into sports, but until I actually watched games from beginning to end, I don't think I fully realized just how boring and endless they are. :roll: