The What Song Are You Listening To Thread

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Safety
Sportsman

Re: The What Song Are You Listening To Thread

Post by Safety »

Fat Man wrote:Rap is crap!
Rap is inspirational to me. When I listen to rap, I can't help but notice a common theme -- they always seem to rap about the bad experiences they (or other people) went through when they were younger, and I think that most of those bad experiences could have been easily prevented if there was an adult role model in their lives. They also rap about what it was like growing up with little opportunity, and I know where they're coming from because things were the same way for my mom when she was growing up. And she's tried everything that she possibly can to make sure that we have as much opportunity as possible. I want to try to change the world by making sure that some of those kids know that they can accomplish much more in life than simply graduating High School.

Here's one of those songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBEj6cUXyk

And here's an "intelligent" rap song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID8oBR82nnw
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Rap is crap!
Rap is inspirational to me. When I listen to rap, I can't help but notice a common theme -- they always seem to rap about the bad experiences they (or other people) went through when they were younger, and I think that most of those bad experiences could have been easily prevented if there was an adult role model in their lives. They also rap about what it was like growing up with little opportunity, and I know where they're coming from because things were the same way for my mom when she was growing up. And she's tried everything that she possibly can to make sure that we have as much opportunity as possible. I want to try to change the world by making sure that some of those kids know that they can accomplish much more in life than simply graduating High School.

Here's one of those songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBEj6cUXyk

And here's an "intelligent" rap song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID8oBR82nnw
OK, I guess those two songs were good.

But I have heard a lot of rap that was crap, where they refer to their women as bitches and hos and it's their women who must struggle to raise their children because in many homes there is no father around.

And I once heard a rap song that went something like . . .

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! MUTHA-FUCKA! MUTHA-FUCKA! MUTHA-FUCKA!

Over and over again, so yes, a lot of rap is crap.

Now, on to other matters . . . .

Your dear mother struggles to provide you a better life, and then, you disappoint her by taking up sports. You reject education, especially in science and math, otherwise you would never have said back in February that Charles Darwin and Galileo were burning down in Hell.

Of course, eventually you did apologize, and I accepted your apology.

Now, you need to apologize to your dear mother, turn your back on sports, go back to school, and HIT THE BOOKS, and study some science and math.

You're still just a punk with shit for brains!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man, you really don't know Safety very well. As he indicated in an e-mail that he wrote to me, he has already graduated from high school in the upper 10 percent of his class. He's about to pursue a college education.

And now I'm going to make a statement that may very well brand me as a heretic, insofar as this forum is concerned. As long as he's not obnoxious or intolerant about it, he's entitled to enjoy sports as much as he wants. He's not an athlete, as if that makes any difference. He's even given up bodybuilding for the time being.

But thank you for being gracious by forgiving him. :)

Peace.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Fat Man, you really don't know Safety very well. As he indicated in an e-mail that he wrote to me, he has already graduated from high school in the upper 10 percent of his class. He's about to pursue a college education.
OK, but I wonder what high school he attended.

Pat Robertson High or Jerry Falwell High?

So, I have to wonder what college he's going to attend.

Fred Phelps or Bob Jones University?

OK, just kidding.

But I do have to wonder because he rejects science.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Ohio State
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Ohio State! Well, good for you!!!

What is your major, and what courses are you taking.

You know, you will need to take a couple of science courses.

Just remember, you're not going to get anywhere if you continue to harbor an anti-science attitude.

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Safety wrote:Ohio State
Don't forget to say "THE Ohio State University"... :lol:

My wife graduated from there all the way back (but not too far back, she'll be happy to remind you! :wink: ) in 1990. I also grew up in Lancaster, about 25 miles southeast of Columbus (didn't go to OSU though -- I went to Ohio University).

Best of luck to you! :)
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Thanks, guys!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:Thanks, guys!
You still didn't answer my question.

What is your major and what courses are you taking?

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Congratulations Safety! I wish you luck.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Congrats Safety!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »