COSMOS by Carl Sagan - All 13 Episodes Without Commercials!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

COSMOS by Carl Sagan - All 13 Episodes Without Commercials!

Post by Fat Man »

Earlier last month I had been watching the 13 episodes of COSMOS by Carl Sagan at the Hulu website. But the videos were interrupted by commercials.

But, a few days ago, I discovered a YouTube channel with all 13 episodes of COSMOS without any commercial interruptions.

These videos were uploaded by SpoonHysteria back in May of 2011.

I have also favored them to a new Playlist on my channel as well. Each videos is about an hour long.

Here are the direct links to all 13 videos.

Chapter I - The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 1 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPShKs9Kr0

Chapter II - One Voice in the Cosmic Fugue
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 2 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMh_QoKTEE

Chapter III - The Harmony of the Worlds
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 3 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql9nEAPMqBs

Chapter IV - Heaven and Hell
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 4 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYgYe3PGSOM

Chapter V - Blues for a Red Planet
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 5 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptcfnrwM1g

Chapter VI - Traveler's Tales
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 6 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLEeNoZ5No

Chapter VII - The Backbone of Night
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 7 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU8Jis7WXDw

Chapter VIII - Travels in Space and Time
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 8 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZj2yDzXqpA

Chapter IX - The Lives of the Stars
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 9 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S6L7AjJijU

Chapter X - The Edge of Forever
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 10 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYKe2Tk4vA

Chapter XI - The Persistence of Memory
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 11 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2BjwOlaNs

Chapter XII - Encyclopaedia Galactica
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 12 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZhnofdeAA

Chapter XIII - Who Speaks For Earth?
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Episode 13 (Carl Sagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zuD-JbAXYI

I have favored these videos to a new Playlist on my YouTube channel Big Fat Heretic.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic#g/p

Also, I have downloaded and saved these videos to my second hard drive in my computer so that I now have my very own copies for my own personal enjoyment which I can watch again and again on RealPlayer.

And yesterday, I have also ordered the book COSMOS by Carl Sagan from Barnes & Nobel to replace the copy that was damaged during my move down from Las Cruces New Mexico to El Paso Texas.

It's a used book in good condition for only $19.00 dollars plus shipping and handling and tax, it comes to almost $25.00 dollars total. A brand new book would have been more than $80 dollars.

Anyway . . . . .

THIS IS MY BIBLE!!!

And . . . . .

This is my church!

And . . .

Carl Sagan, Isaac Asimov, Albert Einstein, Madam Curie, Maxwell, Michael Faraday, Charles Darwin, Sir Isaac Newton, Johannes Kepler, Galileo, and Copernicus, etc. etc. are my Patron Saints.

No, I don't worship these great scientists, because they are only human, but I do respect and admire them.

I believe young people should be looking up to them as role models instead of their lousy sports heroes.

And, by the way . . . . .

OK, Safety, if you come here to post any comments, I know what you're going to say.

So, I'm telling you in advance . . .

Don't say it, and don't even think it!

Yeah, Safety, in some ways you're worse than Fit Shit, because Fit Shit only comes here to insult me, at least, he never went around saying that Charles Darwin, Galileo, or Madam Curie were burning down in Hell as you have said in the past.

So, don't say it, and don't think it.

Just shut the fuck up!

OK?
Last edited by Fat Man on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Re: COSMOS by Carl Sagan - All 13 Episodes Without Commercia

Post by ChrisOH »

Thanks for those links, Fat Man...I've been watching the Cosmos series on Hulu as well, but get somewhat annoyed at their rather ill-timed commercials.

I remember watching Cosmos when it originally aired in 1980, when I was ten years old. I liked it then because I had an interest in astronomy, but I find that watching it 31 years later adds another dimension to it, as there are insights and viewpoints I simply didn't comprehend as a ten-year-old. So, it's kind of like watching for the first time! :)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

ChrisOH wrote:Thanks for those links, Fat Man...I've been watching the Cosmos series on Hulu as well, but get somewhat annoyed at their rather ill-timed commercials.

I remember watching Cosmos when it originally aired in 1980, when I was ten years old. I liked it then because I had an interest in astronomy, but I find that watching it 31 years later adds another dimension to it, as there are insights and viewpoints I simply didn't comprehend as a ten-year-old. So, it's kind of like watching for the first time! :)
Yes, I was 29 years when COSMOS was on the PBS network late in 1980 during the winter months. I would get a nice hot cup of coffee and smoke my pipe while watching COSMOS. Watching it and listening to Carl Sagan's voice gave me a nice warm feeling inside.

I loved him like an older brother, and I broke down and cried, right there in a public library, when I read the news of his death while on the Internet. This was back in 1996 before I eventually got my own computer.

Well, I have ordered the book again form Barnes & Nobel, to replace a copy I had that was damaged during my move down from Las Cruces New Mexico to El Paso Texas.

I should be getting it soon in a few more days. I got a notice in my E-mail that it was shipped out Monday evening, so I'm looking forward to getting it soon.

Now, I hope to get some more responses to this topic, at least a short response, just to say they have watched the videos, or are going to watch them.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I'll probably watch after I get out of school for the holidays next week, as I don't have the time right now to watch all of them. I've only seen parts of Cosmos, never a whole episode.

I don't know if anyone else heard about this (perhaps this site is actually where I heard this from... I'd sure feel stupid if that was true), but they're making a sequel to Cosmos, hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Here's an article about it:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/08/co ... sse-tyson/
Cosmos Will Get a Sequel Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson

More than three decades after it aired, Carl Saganâ??s groundbreaking, brilliant 13-part TV series Cosmos:A Personal Voyage will finally get a sequel.

Cosmos, which originally ran in 1980 and was rerun many times over the following decade, is widely regarded as one of the first, and best, TV shows to make science accessible to everyone. You can watch the show now on Hulu, but despite its brilliance it is still a show from more than 30 years ago, and you can tell â?? the special effects are primitive by todayâ??s standards, but more importantly some of the content has been superseded by discoveries in the intervening years.

So, itâ??s high time someone made a sequel to it, and now someone is! In partnership with Saganâ??s colleagues Ann Druyan (who is also his widow) and Steven Soter, Seth MacFarlane â?? yes, that Seth MacFarlane â?? is going to produce a new 13-part series to serve as a sequel and modern update to Saganâ??s masterpiece.

Taking over the hosting duties will be none other than well-known astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who has served as host of NOVA ScienceNOW on PBS for the past five years, so he has plenty of experience making science accessible to the general public. It would be difficult to think of anyone who would be better able to succeed the late, great Carl Sagan.

The folks working on it will take their time and do it right â?? itâ??s not scheduled to air until sometime in 2013.

The producers of the show say the new series will tell â??the story of how human beings began to comprehend the laws of nature and find our place in space and time.â? They go on to boast: â??It will take viewers to other worlds and travel across the universe for a vision of the cosmos on the grandest scale. The most profound scientific concepts will be presented with stunning clarity, uniting skepticism and wonder, and weaving rigorous science with the emotional and spiritual into a transcendent experience.â?

Thatâ??s the good news. The bad â?? or at least, potentially bad â?? news is that, because of MacFarlaneâ??s involvement, the series will air in prime time, and on Fox.

Now, in one way Iâ??m all for showing it in prime time on a major network, because itâ??ll be that much more likely that people who routinely ignore the Discovery Channel, the Science Channel and, yes, PBS will actually see it.

Iâ??m less thrilled, though, that it will have to compete with other, more mainstream prime-time shows â?? and itâ??ll be on Fox, which doesnâ??t have the greatest track record for giving shows a chance to pull their ratings up once they go down.

Now, maybe the fact that MacFarlane is involved â?? and Joss Whedon isnâ??t â?? will help. I certainly hope so.

You can find out more about the plans for the series.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Hey everybody!

The book, COSMOS by Carl Sagan, that I had ordered from Barnes & Nobel, has just arrived today.

I bought it to replace the one that got damaged during my move down from Las Cruces New Mexico to El Paso Texas.

So now, I'm going to kick back with a cup of coffee, smoke my pipe and read my book, COSMOS by Carl Sagan. Yeah! It's my BIBLE!!!

By the way HugeFanOfBadReligion . . .

I noticed that the article you posted, about the new sequel to COSMOS, that it's going to be on the FOX Network. I wonder if it might be available on the Internet someday. I hope so.

I imagine if the new program is going to be on FOX, good ol' Bill O'Reily of FOX NEWS is probably going to give it a bad review.

Well, the way I see it, that will have the exact opposite effect from what he anticipates, because any science program that gets a bad review from a moronic Christard Funny-mentalist will only serve to increase the popularity of the program among those of us who support science education and science programming in the media.

So, pan away, Bill O'Reily!!!

Anyway . . . . . . .

Due to my present financial situation, I don't have cable TV anymore. It was beginning to really suck, and the monthly cost has been going up, so I had been paying more and more for less and less.

So, I finally said "fuck it" and had the Cable TV disconnected.

I'll be able to put that money aside and build myself a better computer. In a couple of months, I'm going to get a new case and motherboard with the new style SATA connections instead of the old style IDE connections, a CPU, and 2 gigabytes of RAM.

Then the following month I'll get two brand new SATA hard drives, a 160 gigabyte to install Windows, and a 1000 gigabyte, or terabyte hard drive, and then, the month after that I'll get two SATA DVD drives.

So, it will take me about 3 months to buy all the parts, and put my new computer together.

It's much cheaper to build your own computer, buying all the parts, and putting it together yourself, and then, installing Windows to the hard drive.

I've built my own computers before, so I'm just going to do it again, only this time, with SATA connections instead of IDE connections.

Also, you can't get terabyte hard drives in IDE. The most I've seen is less than half a terabyte, something like 400 gigabytes, the kind I have now, so I need to go with the SATA connections because the IDE is now, old hat.

In the meantime . . . . .

I'm just going to kick back and relax, and read COSMOS!!!

Catch ya gators later! :D :D :D

BabyGirlTaylor8

Post by BabyGirlTaylor8 »

Can u give me an essay on episode 8 please? It's called Travels in Space and Time :D
BabyGirlTaylor8

Hey Fat Man,
I was wondering if you could give me an essay over episode 8, Travels in Space and Time? :D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

BabyGirlTaylor8 wrote:Hey Fat Man,
I was wondering if you could give me an essay over episode 8, Travels in Space and Time? :D
You want a written transcript?

Or do you just want me to write my own dissertation on that particular episode?

If you wish for a written transcript, I'll see if I can find it by doing a Google search.

But, if you want me to write my own dissertation, I'll have to watch that particular episode again, and take notes.

And of course, I'm sure that your local library might have a copy of COSMOS by Carl Sagan.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for your support and interest in this topic.

BabyGirlTaylor8

Hi again!

I emailed you yesterday. Did you receive it?

~Taylor