Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Re: Last thing you watched.

Post by Polite24 »

You're right, things that happened to try and end racism and segregation are meaningless.

How ignorant can you be?
Earl

Post by Earl »

Until Fat Man mentioned him, I had never heard of Don Haskins. I agree with Polite24 that he possibly has not had anything to do with the benches in front of the arena being taken away; but what do I know about it? I don't know the facts as to who actually decided to have the benches taken away. Assuming that Polite24 is correct, Haskins should be honored for having allowed black athletes to play on his basketball team. I should point out, though, as someone who lived through the civil rights era and has adamantly been opposed to any form of racism, that not all white athletes were opposed to racial discrimination against blacks. In the fall of 1968 when I was a high-school senior, most of the football players in my school district supported either the segregationist Presidential candidate George Wallace or the Republican candidate Richard Nixon, who pursued a "southern strategy," in the Presidential election. The former professional football player Jack Kemp had supported Senator Barry Goldwater, who strongly opposed and voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, in the Presidential election of that year. Gerald Ford opposed civil rights legislation when he was a Congressman. Johnny Holmes -- former District Attorney of the city of Houston, Texas -- played football at the University of Texas in the early 1960s. He was very much a segregationist and was opposed to blacks playing football at UT. (Yes, he eventually changed his views, but not until many years later.) During the 1930s some white college football players, when they played against teams that included blacks, would actually wear gloves to avoid touching the black players.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:You're right, things that happened to try and end racism and segregation are meaningless.

How ignorant can you be?

You stated most Americans like sports, YET most American men were against women rights! HAHAHA! Men = athletes! So don't give me that discrimination bullshit.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:You're directing your hate at the wrong people when it comes to Don Haskins. Just because the arena is named after him doesn't mean he has anything to do with the fact your benches were taken away.

Also, Don Haskins was one of the first people to allow black people on his college basketball team at Texas Western, which is now UTEP.
OK, granted, Don Haskins did end racial discrimination is sports, which is quite admirable.

But now, the Don Haskins SPORTS CENTER discriminates against the elderly and the disabled.

They don't want to see any old people and us cripples sitting on benches in front of their precious SPORTS CENTER, because it makes them look bad, or something.

So, they removed the bus stop benches so that people will have to stand up while waiting for a bus, and as a result, you won't see any more old people and cripples, you will only see young athletic still wet-behind-the-ears and still wet-in-the-pants punks standing to wait for the bus.

So, I say, fuck Don Haskins! May he burn in Hell, way down in the Smokey Pokey, doing The Hot Foot Dance!!!

Sergey wrote:
Polite24 wrote:You're right, things that happened to try and end racism and segregation are meaningless.

How ignorant can you be?
You stated most Americans like sports, YET most American men were against women rights! HAHAHA! Men = athletes! So don't give me that discrimination bullshit.
RIGHT ON Surgey!!!

All they did was to trade racial discrimination for discrimination against Senior Citizens and the disabled. Jocks are the most bigoted people around.

They hate people who can read and write!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

I can understand why you're mad about the benches being taken away, but again, Don Haskins himself probably had little to do with it, considering he died in September 2008, like you said.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:I can understand why you're mad about the benches being taken away, but again, Don Haskins himself probably had little to do with it, considering he died in September 2008, like you said.
Yeah! I know that!

So, that's why I say I hope he's down in the Smokey Pokey doing The Hot Foot Dance!

No he didn't have anything to do with it, but what he left behind, which is the SPORTS CENTER named after him, does have very much to do with it.

The jocks discriminate against elderly people and disabled people, or anybody who can read and write. The hate us and would like to exterminate us. Why do you suppose jocks enjoy throwing nerds and geeks through plate glass windows or down flights of stairs?

As for that SPORTS CENTER, I would like to tare that whole rotten edifice down around their ears, and have it come tumbling down on their heads.

No, we should round up the jocks, have then charged with TREASON, and if found guilty, in a court of law, then they should be executed along with their pedophile coaches.

OK, now this is getting off topic.

So, getting back on topic again . . . . .

This is about the last thing we watched.

Last night, I watched Steve Wilkos, a retired cop and ex-Marine who has an evening show, where he confronts abusive parents, abusive spouses, and pedophiles on his stage and he really lays into them. He calls then scum!

I love his show! He's my favorite big, bad, bald-headed loudmouth, and I love him.

He speaks out for those of us who has suffered abuse.

He is my hero.

Your heroes are rapist monkey-boys because they chase balls. They aren't worth shit otherwise, but they are good at chasing balls.

Now, if they would just learn to read and write, take a shower, and learn to act like human beings instead of the animals that they are!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Just about every part of your post is wrong. I'm done with this thread. I truly hope you don't actually believe the things you say.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:Just about every part of your post is wrong. I'm done with this thread. I truly hope you don't actually believe the things you say.
EVERYTHING???

You say everything in my post is wrong?

What about the part where I mention the Steve Wilkos Show, where he confronts these low-life scumbag wife-beaters, parents who abuse their children, and pedophiles.

It's wrong to confront these people and show them the error of their ways???

Well, I guess you think its OK for guys to beat their wives, OK for parent to abuse their children (that whips them up and gets then in condition to play sports, I guess) and for pedophiles to butt-bang little children!

Yeah, I guess I'm wrong for being against these immoral acts!

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

No, you're wrong for your gross generlizations about athletes. According to you, all athletes are rapists, illiterate, aren't worth shit, loving throwing people down flights of stairs and through windows, are guilty of treason and should be executed along with their coaches, who get this, are all pedophiles.

And oh yeah, they don't shower.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:No, you're wrong for your gross generlizations about athletes. According to you, all athletes are rapists, illiterate, aren't worth shit, loving throwing people down flights of stairs and through windows, are guilty of treason and should be executed along with their coaches, who get this, are all pedophiles.

And oh yeah, they don't shower.
Well, they don't!

Shower that is.

PEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:
Polite24 wrote:Just about every part of your post is wrong. I'm done with this thread. I truly hope you don't actually believe the things you say.
EVERYTHING???

What about the part where I mention the Steve Wilkos Show, where he confronts these low-life scumbag wife-beaters, parents who abuse their children, and pedophiles.

Well, I guess you think its OK for guys to beat their wives, OK for parent to abuse their children (that whips them up and gets then in condition to play sports, I guess) and for pedophiles to butt-bang little children!

There is no dispute here. Of course, Polite24 does not think it's OK for husbands to beat their wives, parents to abuse their children, or pedophiles to rape young children. What morally sane person would condone (to use your own words, Fat Man) these immoral acts? Nothing is learned from these exchanges. No specific information is given. Just a lot of hot air.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
EVERYTHING???

There is no dispute here. Of course, Polite24 does not think it's OK for husbands to beat their wives, parents to abuse their children, or pedophiles to rape young children. What morally sane person would condone (to use your own words, Fat Man) these immoral acts? Nothing is learned from these exchanges. No specific information is given. Just a lot of hot air.
Well, he did say that every part of my post is wrong, so I had to ask if it also included my speaking out against immoral and violent acts.

Sometimes he say things without thinking.

Just as the Don Haskins SPORTS CENTER had the bus stop benches removed without thinking, without taking into consideration that some people might be elderly or disabled, and need to sit down while waiting for a bus.

People in sports are not known for being great thinkers.

One the other hand, they did give it much thought, and thinking that having old people and cripples sitting down on a bench in front of a SPORTS CENTER would make them look bad.

So, when sports people do think, it's only about themselves, and to Hell with everybody else!

If a jock had any brains he would be dangerous!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

The One Show.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

A late night movie on Cable TV Channel CW 13 KVIADT2

White Water Summer:

Kevin Bacon plays a sadist in charge of adolescents on a camping trip.

He reminds me of some of the sadistic PE coaches I had when I went to school.

Earl

Post by Earl »

another hour-long Twilight Zone episode entittled "The Incredible World of Horace Ford"