Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

Re: Last thing you watched.

Post by Earl »

two more Twilight Zone episodes: "The New Exhibit" and "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville"
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:two more Twilight Zone episodes: "The New Exhibit" and "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville"
Hey, Earl!

I can't remember the title, but do you remember the hour-long episode of The Twilight Zone about this guy who was obsessed over a doll house on display in a museum?

The program was in black and white, but when ever it showed the scene inside the doll house with the dolls that came alive, that part was in color.

I can't remember the title of that one, but I think you know which one I'm talking about.

Now, Polite24 would probably think I'm gay for saying this . . .

But I happen to like doll houses. I would enjoy building one myself with electric lights inside and maybe even a working elevator like some rich people have in their mansions.

Oh! And even a little fireplace that would serve as an incense burner so that smoke would actually come out of the chimney!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

I've been such a hardcore Twilight Zone fan that I've never forgotten a single episode since I started watching the series when I was 9 years old in 1960. (I would be the first to admit that some are not so great and that some are stinkers. Rod Serling was his harshest critic, by the way.) I watched my first episode ("Execution," first season) in a hotel room in Phoenix, Arizona, with my sister on the night that it was first broadcast on TV. The hour-long episode (fourth season) to which you are referring is "Miniature," which is one of my daughters' favorites and certainly is one of the best. The socially awkward misfit character Charley Parkes was played by Robert Duvall, who certainly has been a great actor playing a wide range of roles over the years -- from this mild-mannered shy character to the ruthless Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

Forgot to mention that the dollhouse scenes in this black-and-white show were colorized in the syndicated version. It's a nice touch.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I was also 9 years old when I saw my very first Twilight Zone episode.

It was titled "Little Girl Lost" and it was about this little girl who got lost in The Fourth Dimension, and her parents could not see her, but they could hear her crying and her voice echoed throughout the house.

That one gave me the shivers. I loved it!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Deadliest Warrior:Pirate vs Knight.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

That Mitchell and Webb Look.
Earl

Post by Earl »

a Mystery Science Theater 3000 show hosted by Joel Hodgson (the worst movies you ever saw, but a hilarious series) :lol: (well, at least most of the time)

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

The Twilight Zone: To Serve Man.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Sergey wrote:The Twilight Zone: To Serve Man.
Ah yes!

I remember that one! My all time favorite!

To Serve Man turned out to be a cookbook!

From ashes to appetizer, dust to desert!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Fat Man wrote:
Ah yes!

I also saw Living Doll and Nightmare at 20,000 feet.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Sergey wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
Ah yes!

I also saw Living Doll and Nightmare at 20,000 feet.
Yeah, I remember those.

On Terror At 20,000 Feet, William Shatner (who eventually became Captain Kirk on Star Trek) played the part of a passenger who had a mental break down and saw a furry gremlin on the wing of the plane trying to sabotage one of the engines.

I think Living Doll was the one about a talking doll this little girl had.

"Hello! My name is Talking Tina and I'm going to kill you!!!"

Yeah, that one was really freaky!!!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

How that Gremlin could walk on a plane's wing I'll never know.

So she can decide when to feel pain or not? He should have given her to the Kanamit and it'd be their problem. Like a crossover of episodes!

Earl

Post by Earl »

How did you guys know that those were among my favorite Twilight Zone episodes? Here's an interesting fact about Rod Serling, who was born on a Christmas day: Both sets of his grandparents were Lithuanian Jews who immigrated to this country late in the 19th century from Czarist Russia.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:How did you guys know that those were among my favorite Twilight Zone episodes? Here's an interesting fact about Rod Serling, who was born on a Christmas day: Both sets of his grandparents were Lithuanian Jews who immigrated to this country late in the 19th century from Czarist Russia.
WOW! I didn't know that!

Learn something new every day. :D :D :D