Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Re: Last thing you watched.

Post by Polite24 »

Tons of people in the Mitten state do.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Polite24 wrote:Tons of people in the Mitten state do.
And there are tons of people who don't!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Come Dine With Me.
Earl

Post by Earl »

the Twilight Zone episode "Printer's Devil" (excellent show)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:Tons of people in the Mitten state do.

90% of Korean gamers watch Starcraft matches. There is also an entire channel dedicated to Starcraft gameplay. How can some game compete of with that popularity that one nation gives it?
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Earl

Post by Earl »

another excellent hour-long Twilight Zone episode entitled "Passage on the Lady Anne"
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

ooohh.. I bet that was good. I miss those old Twilight Zone episodes. They have an understated weirdness.

I Hope We Lose!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, Ray. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that all five seasons are available as DVD sets. (Most of the fifth-season episodes aren't very good, but a few of them are outstanding.)

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Britains Got Talent First Semi Final. I am glad Susan Boyle and Diversity made it.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Britains Got More Talent
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Earl wrote:Hey, Ray. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that all five seasons are available as DVD sets. (Most of the fifth-season episodes aren't very good, but a few of them are outstanding.)
Oh no, I didn't know. I'll keep an eye out for a sale. :)

I Hope We Lose!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Lewis wrote:Britains Got Talent First Semi Final. I am glad Susan Boyle and Diversity made it.
Yeah Susan Boyle was a surprising inspiration. I'm glad she won too.

I Hope We Lose!
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Ray wrote:
Lewis wrote:Britains Got Talent First Semi Final. I am glad Susan Boyle and Diversity made it.
Yeah Susan Boyle was a surprising inspiration. I'm glad she won too.
Susan Boyle is another example of what I think is wrong with this world. That girl should have been recognized for her talent years ago. But no thanks to the mainstream media, people have been taught to look at only certain aspects of a person's talent, which is why we have manufactured crap like the Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears.

It made me so very, very sick to read message board after message board, even news articles of random morons that we share the same air with in today's society after Susan's first win on the show, stating how 'ugly' she is.

I have to wonder sometimes if we as human beings are not degenerating as a society. I'm tired of these types of 'social standards' that dictate whether or not a person can win or lose based on appearance, and not based at all on talent. Even at the show, the audience assumed she was going to just flop because of the way she looked, and I find that completely disgusting, how much we've been conditioned by the very same mainstream media that says sports should be popular to think that people are going to be horrible people just because of their appearance.

That's all, rant over, I'm glad she won as well. Now, if she'll just avoid getting facelifts and losing weight (unless she is concerned about her health) for the sake of stardom, she may become one of the most appreciated artists ever in my book.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Millhouse wrote: Susan Boyle is another example of what I think is wrong with this world. That girl should have been recognized for her talent years ago. But no thanks to the mainstream media, people have been taught to look at only certain aspects of a person's talent, which is why we have manufactured crap like the Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears.

It made me so very, very sick to read message board after message board, even news articles of random morons that we share the same air with in today's society after Susan's first win on the show, stating how 'ugly' she is.

I have to wonder sometimes if we as human beings are not degenerating as a society. I'm tired of these types of 'social standards' that dictate whether or not a person can win or lose based on appearance, and not based at all on talent. Even at the show, the audience assumed she was going to just flop because of the way she looked, and I find that completely disgusting, how much we've been conditioned by the very same mainstream media that says sports should be popular to think that people are going to be horrible people just because of their appearance.

That's all, rant over, I'm glad she won as well. Now, if she'll just avoid getting facelifts and losing weight (unless she is concerned about her health) for the sake of stardom, she may become one of the most appreciated artists ever in my book.
I just did a Google Image Search of Susan Boyle, and to me, she looks just fine! There is nothing wrong with her appearance at all.

I came across this web site at:

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/susan-bo ... mp-2009204

She did get some positive reviews of her singing performance.
CELEBRITY NEWS
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW . . . RIGHT NOW!

Susan Boyle: "I'm Happy the Way I Am - Short and Plump"
Monday April 20, 2009

Susan Boyle doesn't care what you think about the way she looks.

"Maybe I'll consider a makeover later on," she told the London Times on Saturday. "For now I'm happy the way I am â?? short and plump. I would not go in for Botox or anything like that. I'm content with the way I look. What's wrong with looking like Susan Boyle? What's the matter with that?"

She said she's been "very taken aback especially by all the American people who have been kind enough to say nice things about me. I didn't expect that. People have been very kind." (She had "no comment" when asked if a record deal was in the works.)

As for her sudden fame -- more than 20 million people have watched her "I Dreamed a Dream" performance -- Boyle, 48, admitted, "I've got a lot to learn about a lot of things. This is all very new to me. I went to bed one night, just me, and woke up in the morning to a group of about 30 children outside chanting my name. Then I came home from my brother's, and it was like the paparazzi were all in the street."

Although she is favored to win Britain's Got Talent, Boyle said, "I'm taking baby steps at the moment. I'm just an ordinary person trying to make it as a professional singer. I really don't want to change all that much."

As for her claims that she's never been kissed?

"Oh, I was just joking around," she said. "It was just banter and it has been blown way out of proportion. I was about to go on stage and I was very nervous."

"All I want to say is that I am single at the moment, but I keep waiting," she said. "I am not on the hunt. I am happy as I am."

With a laugh, she added, "It's all very embarrassing. What else can I say? It's personal."
Join Us on Facebook and Twitter for even more up to the minute celebrity news and photos!
I say, RIGHT ON!!!

I remember back in 2007 when Jordin Spark won a singing contest on American Idol. She won because of her singing voice and her talent.

But then, this self-appointed anti-obesity crusader, Me Me Roth said on a NEWS broadcast, that when she looks at Jordin Sparks, she sees diabetes and heart disease. She felt that her winning on American Idol might be a bad influence on young people.

But I have seen picture of Jordin Sparks, and she looks fine to me. In fact I think she's hot!

She does not look fat to me.

Jordin Sparks won the talent show because of her singing voice and not because of her appearance, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her looks. She looks just fine!

But I guess that Me Me Roth would prefer if some screaming anorexic with bones poking out through her skin and chirping like a canary had won the contest instead.

I happen to like chubby women. But to me, Jordin Sparks is not fat, not even chubby, and not even overweight.

If some scientist were to win The Nobel Peace Prize for finding a cure for cancer, aids, and diabetes, well, he better not be fat, because that contemptible wicked bitch of the west, Me Me Roth would say he did not deserve to be awarded The Nobel Peace because he was too fat!

Well, I'm going to say something here.

Now this is just my opinion. OK?

But I do believe that fat people have more powerful singing voices which is why most Opera singers are large fat people.

Now, I know that now-a-days that is discounted as a myth.

But I should know from personal experience. I'm about a hundred pounds heavier than I was about three years ago, and I notice that my singing voice has become much stronger.

When I go to the Reform Synagogue on Shabbot, I enjoy singing the songs in Hebrew and I have often received complements on my singing have even been asked if I would like to sing in the choir.

I would love to, but I use the city bus to get up there, and late in the evening I would be unable to get a bus home. I would need somebody to drive me home.

And like Susan Boyle, I'm also happy the way I am! Short and FAT!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

The Apprentice: You're Fired